Tia & Tamera

• Please log in to reply

1080 replies to this topic

IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 4:52 PM

You wrote exactly what I was thinking!  I wonder if Tia knows he's gay and is comfortable with it, she seems to surround her self with best gays, from her hairdresser and her stylist to new assistant. If Tamara is  asking if he has a girlfriend then she is more clueless than I originally believed she was. I haven't watched this season, but I remember Tia asking to set Jerome up and just assumed she meant another man. If he is in the closet with his family I think that is just sad.

I think Jerome is gay and the twins definitely know. They are obviously very close, calling him the third twin and such, so if he is gay I can't see how they wouldn't know after all this time. I always feel bad for assuming people are gay based on stereotypes so perhaps Jerome is just slightly effeminate...Anyway, Tia doesn't have an issue with homosexuality because she mentioned in one of her ustream videos that she is pro- gay marriage.

ChainofFools

ChainofFools

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 6:48 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Jerome is GAY?

I thought he was and that it was known to family.  I think the religious aspect is the sticking point.  However, it is possible that Jerome just has feminine tendencies but is actually heterosexual.  Or perhaps he is simply in denial.

I missed the early episodes of the show during the first season and the initial special as well, so hearing that Andrea and Tia used to be tight was shocking.  I don't think Tia was being entirely truthful about her feelings based on her "she waited till now to broach the subject"  when Tamera mentioned how Andrea feel, that tells me there is a real reason behind the breach.  I am also curious as to why Tamera did  not invite her to Vegas because as Tia correctly stated, Tamera essentially planned and approved the Vegas group.  Andrea kind of bugs, but she and Tamera seemed pretty tight then Tamera just seemed to drop her as she was no longer on the scene.

sarahsmile215

sarahsmile215

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:20 PM

I thought he was and that it was known to family.  I think the religious aspect is the sticking point.  However, it is possible that Jerome just has feminine tendencies but is actually heterosexual.  Or perhaps he is simply in denial.

I missed the early episodes of the show during the first season and the initial special as well, so hearing that Andrea and Tia used to be tight was shocking.  I don't think Tia was being entirely truthful about her feelings based on her "she waited till now to broach the subject"  when Tamera mentioned how Andrea feel, that tells me there is a real reason behind the breach.  I am also curious as to why Tamera did  not invite her to Vegas because as Tia correctly stated, Tamera essentially planned and approved the Vegas group.  Andrea kind of bugs, but she and Tamera seemed pretty tight then Tamera just seemed to drop her as she was no longer on the scene.

I don't know that Tamera dropped her so much as she likely made her choices based on who would mesh in Vegas and who would get along with Tia. She knows the two of them have had issues and likely didn't invite her due to that. I wonder if its also a result of Andrea's neediness - you can be friends with a person but just not have the energy to deal with them...I don't know if I would have the energy to deal with her, so I can't blame Tamera.

hnygrl808

hnygrl808

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:32 PM

As a person with a needy friend, sarahsmile215, I can relate. I love my friend dearly, but she's emotionally draining that although we live less than 5 miles away from each other? We only SEE each other like twice a year, and talk on the phone as infrequently as I can get away with without hurting her feelings. I can see how Andrea wouldn't be Tamera's choice to take on a gal's trip to Vegas. She'd ruin the trip whining about how Tamera's not spending time with her and how TIa is sooo meeeeaaannn to her...

Violet13

Violet13

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 9:03 PM

This is the first episode I have watched since last season, I totally forgot about this show. I am sorry, but Tia is so overly annoying that I doubt I will watch again. The constant screams and squeals was enough to last a lifetime. And who the hell is she to get pissy because her sister chose to be with her husband? Yes they are twins (I have a twin brother) but her husband and child come first. She needs to get over herself.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

In the earlier episodes I remember Andrea and Tamera talking about their college days and I believe they all started out as really good friends. Andrea blogged about how they all would go on vacations together. I believe Tia started dating Cory when she was still in college so I think as Tia began doing more couple stuff with Cory, Andrea and Tamera became closer and started doing things together without Tia. I think Andrea like Tamera was always at Tia's beck and call and she probably got pissed when Andrea started to be only Tamera's sidekick. 

I actually feel a little bad for Andrea she seems to care about both of the girls, she's been there for both of them right at the beginning. She picked up the slack when Tia didn't fulfill her maid of honor duties for Tamera's wedding. I remember her helping carry out gifts at Tia's baby shower, she was right there with the girls when they had their little pop up shop working the cash register for them, and lets not forget her working like a dog and being accused of snitching by Tia during Tamera's baby shower. She's assisted with all of the not so fun stuff, then when something fun comes up the girls never include her. They've gone to NYC, Africa and The Bahamas and know it sounds like Las Vegas and she has yet to be included. There is no way she wouldn't have been able to clear her schedule for any of these trips,  a day or two  for NYC or Las Vegas would be possilbe. I think both Tia and specially Tamera keep her around to be a side kick/helper/whining board when they don't have anyone else around. 

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 10:09 PM

I actually feel a little bad for Andrea she seems to care about both of the girls, she's been there for both of them right at the beginning. She picked up the slack when Tia didn't fulfill her maid of honor duties for Tamera's wedding. I remember her helping carry out gifts at Tia's baby shower, she was right there with the girls when they had their little pop up shop working the cash register for them, and lets not forget her working like a dog and being accused of snitching by Tia during Tamera's baby shower. She's assisted with all of the not so fun stuff, then when something fun comes up the girls never include her. They've gone to NYC, Africa and The Bahamas and know it sounds like Las Vegas and she has yet to be included. There is no way she wouldn't have been able to clear her schedule for any of these trips,  a day or two  for NYC or Las Vegas would be possilbe. I think both Tia and specially Tamera keep her around to be a side kick/helper/whining board when they don't have anyone else around. 

• rep_up.png
  •  
  •  

I never realized this before but you're right. Andrea seems like a really good friend, despite her annoying whiny voice. She even makes time to write some blogs about the show out of her already busy schedule/ On top of all the not so fun things she's done for the twins, anytime she's with Tamera, all Tamera does is talk about herself constantly. Or about Adam. Or Tia. The one time Tamera asks Andrea how things are going with her, she's almost berating her for being single. Asking "Are you seeing anyone" is ok. But once the girl says no, don't harp on it like she has a serious problem. She's focusing on her career and seems to have a great work ethic which is something that Tamera could learn from. I just didn't like that scene and felt bad for her then.

I also agree that Andrea is just a friend that they have around to vent and help organize things and she gets kicked to the curb when they do fun and exciting things. Andrea needs to get "They're Just Not That Into You."

sarahsmile215

sarahsmile215

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 6:46 AM

<p>

• rep_up.png
  •  
  •  
I never realized this before but you're right. Andrea seems like a really good friend, despite her annoying whiny voice. She even makes time to write some blogs about the show out of her already busy schedule/ On top of all the not so fun things she's done for the twins, anytime she's with Tamera, all Tamera does is talk about herself constantly. Or about Adam. Or Tia. The one time Tamera asks Andrea how things are going with her, she's almost berating her for being single. Asking "Are you seeing anyone" is ok. But once the girl says no, don't harp on it like she has a serious problem. She's focusing on her career and seems to have a great work ethic which is something that Tamera could learn from. I just didn't like that scene and felt bad for her then.

I also agree that Andrea is just a friend that they have around to vent and help organize things and she gets kicked to the curb when they do fun and exciting things. Andrea needs to get "They're Just Not That Into You."

I'm not sure we can tell much by how much Tamera asks about what Andrea has been doing. We're not privy to the entire conversations...only to what they choose to show. After all, it's a show about Tia and Tamera and not Andrea. It's also possible Andrea doesn't want to share on-air.

I would agree that Andrea is a bit of a doormat, though, I think that goes along with her needy personality. She wants so much to be accepted and loved by Tia and I kind of agree with Tamera that she needs to get over it. Their friendship was years ago and it hasn't been the same for a long time so why is she still upset about it years later. I kind of get Tamera's point when she asked her why she wasn't enough. I've been there - having someone you care about constantly ask about another - after awhile you start to feel as if you don't matter. Perhaps Tamera chose to distance herself for this reason?

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 7:28 AM

Tamera also mentioned previously that Tia and Andrea fell out before the wedding even though Andrea insinuated that she felt the falling out was due to the maid of honor issue. Either Andrea is playing naive or she really is naive.

I don't think it's a huge deal that Tia and Andrea used to be tight and aren't anymore. That happens in life - people grow, move on, and leave friendships behind. Honestly, I wouldn't have much patience for someone like Andrea. She does seem very sensitive and needy. I think Tamera did the right thing by not bringing her to LV - it was supposed to be a fun, light girl trip. I've been on a girl trip with a couple of people who didn't care for each other and it was painful. Never again. The tension was so thick that it brought down the entire trip.

inkworks

inkworks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 10:00 AM

I find Tia very selfish. I started to like her a lot more last season after the twins went to therapy. Tia, however seems to have reverted back to her old ways.

It’s funny because I grew up watching the girls on Sister, Sister. Man I was obsessed with that show when I was a kid and I guess it kind of blurred my idea of who I thought these girls were. I pretty much thought that their personalities on the show were who they were in real life. Silly, I know but I’m actually really disappointed to find out that they are not as close as they were on that show.

Edited by inkworks, Aug 6, 2013 @ 10:01 AM.

ChainofFools

ChainofFools

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

This episode really drove home the point that Tia only views Tamera as an extension of herself.  She was oblivious to her sister's pain, but their mother, Adam and Andrea saw it and took steps to correct it.  When Tia was speaking to Tamera, she came across as not not condescending, but much like a parent standing over their errant child to chastise him/her for doing something inappropriate.  Even when Tamera interjected to say that Tia had been talking for a really long time, Tia continued to try and speak in lieu of allowing Tamera her say.

inkworks

inkworks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 4:56 AM

So basically when Tamera was going through a really tough period in her life and was going out and drinking way too much that's when Tia thought she was at her happiest? Tia really doesn't know her sister at all does she? Now that Tamera is extremely happy and content in her life Tia thinks there is a problem?

This episode really drove home the point that Tia only views Tamera as an extension of herself.

I completely agree with this. Tia wants Tamera to act the way Tia wants her to act. She doesn't seem to get that Tamera is her own person with her own life. It's okay for Tia to go off and get married and practically abandon her sister but when Tamera does it Tia makes a big thing about it. Tia has to realise that Tamera doesn't exist solely for her benefit.

Gooey

Gooey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 10:07 AM

This episode really drove home the point that Tia only views Tamera as an extension of herself.

Absolutely 100% agree. She seems to think that Tamera should be exactly like her. 

Tia's arguments about Tamera being no fun were lame to say the least (probably because they were baseless). Tamera's clothes? She doesn't go out partying? Get real!

She is mother to an infant FFS. She was game enough to go to Vegas and to a strip club (or whatever it was!) with her girlies. She said herself she was still breast-feeding so it's not like she's going to go out and down a bunch of shots. But she was there and enjoying herself, and her own twin sister couldn't see or accept that.

Also, Tia admitted she lost touch with Andrea 'cos she was so involved with Corey, and now it seems that she was completely out of touch with Tamera's life for a period of time too (this was mentioned at some point in season's past IIRC). So she's allowed to focus on her man, but Tamera's not? 

Also I think it says a lot that while Tia wasn't involved in the 'Intervention' of days past, T&T's mother was and she didn't want to/wasn't able to bring Tia in for back-up. (I know we don't know what went down but we do know who was & wasn't involved).

I can understand Andrea & Adam maybe not bringing Tia up to speed, but T&Ts own Mom...? 

Count me as one who thought it was totally unclassy how Tia & Corey spoke about Tamera when they were in the garden.

And I think Jerome just went along with Tia's notions for an easy life. When Tia first brought up the subject of Tamera being no fun, Jerome just said 'if you say so'. But then the more Tia went on about it the more he started to agree with her. I think he was silly to feed the fire & I don't blame Tamera for feeling ambushed.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:30 PM

I just can't shake the feeling that all of this criticism of Tamera from Tia is fueled by Tia's dislike of Adam. It's not that she is upset at losing Tamera to marriage, but I feel she's upset at losing Tamera to Adam. I feel like she really means that HE is the reason why she's turned into this wine-drinking Stepford wife. HE is the reason why Tamera has completely changed, and she probably feels as though Adam isn't worth changing for. That's why I feel Tia keeps saying Tamera is playing this "role" like their marriage is just not as authentic and hers and Cory's due to the cheating rumors about Adam. If Tia really really liked Adam, I don't feel that a lot of these issues would come up for some reason. I think she would have been more understanding about her leaving the tournament  to be with him for example, but it came off to me like "You're choosing to leave me over HIM, that cheating pompous A-hole?"

I think that's the huge elephant in the room that they obviously can't address. Like she cannot fully respect Adam or their marriage based on the fact that he (allegedly) cheated, and that he possibly talked Tamera out of losing her virginity to him before he did it. Even if the twins had disagreements or separations, I feel that is something that has caused the huge rift in the relationship.

Edited by noluvnoluck, Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:35 PM.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

Even if the rumors are true (I have no idea and can't say I care since Tamera married Adam regardless), I don't see how that justifies anything from Tia.  At the end of the day, it's Tamera's life, and Tia doesn't get to dictate how she lives it.  She can like, love, or hate Adam.  It doesn't matter because he's not her husband.  Unless Tamera is asking for help in some way or otherwise expressing discontent, I have no damns to give about what Tia believes.  

Sometimes it feels like Tia's opinion should have more weight because they're sisters, twins especially. It's very clear that these two are as different as night and day, and that the image of them being BFFs just because they were twins is/was largely an illusion.  At least, as adults - I'm not privy to their childhood dynamic.    

My experience is that the "blood is thicker than water" concept can vary...a lot.  Family can be clueless, hurtful, and destructive just like anyone else.  Difference is that people are expected to tolerate it from family, which I've no problem stating is bullshit.  That's why I hope that, outside of this show and media/promotional events where they are obligated to appear together, Tamera lives her life the way she sees fit, and to hell with Tia being supportive or not.  But then, I've found Tia various levels of trifling and insincere towards Tamera, if not hypocritical, since the first season, and haven't seen much to change my view.  And yes, talking about Tamera "losing" herself in her roles of being a wife and mother while telling Andrea how she was all into Cory (and still is) in the same episode is the height of irony.  

Tamera can work my nerves as well, but at least I get why she seems to have the stronger emotional network of friends (willing to occasionally show up on camera). 

To further cement my belief that most of the drama/conflict depicted thus far is manufactured, Tia's spiel about Tamera formerly being the life of the party made no sense. Tia has been quoted as stating that SHE is the more extroverted one, with Tamera being more introverted.  

Regarding Andrea - I have no issues with her.  I think her voice aids in the perception of whininess or neediness, but I don't think she is.  She seems like a solid friend to Tamera, which is good enough for me. 

PoppyGirl

PoppyGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 1:58 AM

I just can't shake the feeling that all of this criticism of Tamera from Tia is fueled by Tia's dislike of Adam. It's not that she is upset at losing Tamera to marriage, but I feel she's upset at losing Tamera to Adam. I feel like she really means that HE is the reason why she's turned into this wine-drinking Stepford wife. HE is the reason why Tamera has completely changed, and she probably feels as though Adam isn't worth changing for. That's why I feel Tia keeps saying Tamera is playing this "role" like their marriage is just not as authentic and hers and Cory's due to the cheating rumors about Adam. If Tia really really liked Adam, I don't feel that a lot of these issues would come up for some reason.

I agree with this. For me it is very clear that Tia does not like Adam. This could be because of the alleged cheating or it could be because of their opposite personal views on politics and the like. But, whatever it is, it has IMO contributed to Tia being extremely judgemental of Tamera's lifestyle and life choices. For me it has gotten old. Tia needs to recognize that Tamera is happy with her life choices and move on. It almost seems like at times she kind of torments Tamera. I mean what does she want Tamera to do? leave her husband. IMO Tamera comes off as feeling grateful that Adam married, which would probably makes Tia annoyed, but it is what it is.

Also, Tia really needs to calm down with acting as though she is so edgy and hip. She IMO comes off as trying to hard to be seen as "down". Her suggesting that she should give Tamera a makeover was funny seeing as her style is not all that great. Both girls scream the suburbs to me.

Its funny because out of both twins I would probably want to hang out with Tia, with that being said I am surprised she has allowed herself to be filmed a bit negatively. I admire her hustle and her acknowledging that she has to hustle because she is the main breadwinner in her family. This is where she differs greatly from Tamera, Tia puts it out there, while Tamera dodges.

Devon Rose

Devon Rose

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

I can't understand why Tia would allow herself to be seen in such a bad light. 

I have two older sisters and I very close to one who I consider my best friend.  But, I can't imagine either of them not knowing that I  was so unhappy that I would have to have an intervention.  It just confirmed to me that Tia and Tamera are just not that close even though their twins.  Its not that surprising because not all siblings are close or get along for that matter but because they are twins most people would just assume that they are very close which is obviously not the case.  Honestly, they seem more like two friends who have grown apart due to different lifestyles than sisters.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

Since they've discussed Tamera's depression and wilding out on the show, I think it's entirely possible that any conflicts and issues Adam and Tamera had in their relationship pre-marriage were related to Tamera's mental health issues that she had to work out for herself.  

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Aug 10, 2013 @ 10:40 AM.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2013 @ 12:14 PM

I just can't shake the feeling that all of this criticism of Tamera from Tia is fueled by Tia's dislike of Adam. 

I've felt this from the start of the show. Tia is always trying to make Tamera choose between herself and Adam. I remember last season she wanted Tamera her newly married sister to stay with her for the weekend instead of going to Napa with her husband. She's always reminding Tamera that she's is  her family which is something odd to say to a new wife and mother. She basically told Tamera that Adam's family was using her when the two were in NYC and Tamera was trying to find a wine distributor for Adam's families vineyard. Which was very harsh. I remember Tia telling her Game co-star in season one that Tamera was happiest or better when she was with someone, so you would think she would be pushing her to be with the someone and not trying to pull her away from him.

I think that's the huge elephant in the room that they obviously can't address. Like she cannot fully respect Adam or their marriage based on the fact that he (allegedly) cheated, and that he possibly talked Tamera out of losing her virginity to him before he did it. Even if the twins had disagreements or separations, I feel that is something that has caused the huge rift in the relationship.

Also agree, Tia constantly reminding Tamera that she is family seems to be her telling Tamera that she's always been there and Adam hasn't. 

I aslo question the twins' always saying, "we didn't talk for a while" Weren't they living together while Tia and Cory were dating? Weren't they acting together after college in those Lifetime/Disney movies. Didn't they create a production company together? They appeared tight on the Tia and Tamera Take 2 special. Something definitely happened to the relationship it seems between the time the special was aired and the series began.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

The constant arguing is draining, though I'm happy that Tamera is beginning to speak her mind and stick to her guns.

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 3:12 AM

I can't understand why Tia would allow herself to be seen in such a bad light. 

I think Tia simply doesn't think her behavior is bad, She thinks she's doing the right thing and Tamera is just being extra sensitive so she pays lip service to the idea of compromising and moves on.

She also frequently projects her own feelings/insecurities on to Tamera.

- Last season, she felt that Tamera was judging her parenting skills because she asked for advice from other people and wasn't interesting in attachment parenting when, in reality, Tia was really experiencing a lot of stress and loss of sleep over Cree co-sleeping.
- This season, Tia has anxiety over how Cory will react to her burlesque performance and turns that into Tamera being prudish and judgmental even though she said multiple times that she doesn't have a problem with it, it's just not something she'd want to do or would do without talking to her husband first. 
- She's telling Tamera that she needs to stop dressing so conservatively and like a politician's wife just as she starts embracing a new, edgier look. Which also ties into...
- Tia completely glossing over what Tamera had already told her and insisting to Kam that she thought the real reason Tamera was so upset about being ditched was because she felt like she was missing out on something "the old Tamera" would have done before she had the baby. Yet, that behavior and way of thinking falls in line more with Tia's constant hot mama, "I've still got it" schtick she's been riding this season.

It seems that any time Tia finds herself feeling uncomfortable or unhappy with something in her life, she paints Tamera as the antagonist in her mind that she she has to defend herself against to work things out.

Speaking of that fashion show, Tia's behavior towards Tamera about Vegas is especially annoying considering how things went down re: the fashion show. Being family didn't change Tia's mind in that instance, why should it change Tamera's mind later? As I recall, Tia's main argument for that was that she'd made the plans months in advance and had to honor them. Hmm, sort of like how Tamera had planned to go to Adam's event months in advance and wanted to honor that too. Such a double standard.

Edited by Babiicakes, Aug 12, 2013 @ 3:20 AM.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 8:21 AM

To be fair to Tia, Tamera really had no business signing on for the poker gig when Adam's event was the same day. But I wholly agree with the rest of your post, babiicakes. Tia's insecurity is more insidious because she rarely, if ever, owns it.

ninamosley

ninamosley

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 8:58 AM

Wow, I think Tia is pretty terrible.  However, as stated by babiicakes, Tia does not believe she is in the wrong.  It seems like what is good for Tia is not good for Tamera.  She seems to be a very self-centered person.  I believe that her family shown on the show - Jerome and Keisha appear to know this.  If you recall, Tia asked their cousin Keisha to help her set up her babymoon during Tamera's wedding weekend.  To which Keisha said that she couldn't help because she needed to be there for Tamera.  I think that it is a shame that the twins are not as close as expected.  However, I think it would do Tamera a great deal of good to separate herself from her sister.  Tia seems to be toxic and is driven intensely by a need to be so much of an individual that she ends up hurting Tamera in the process.  She so badly wants to be seen as just Tia and not "Tia and Tamera" that she is willing to do anything.  I don't honestly think that she wants to do projects with Tamera.  However, since she knows the twin thing is profitable, she will do it until something better comes along.

Timetoread

Timetoread

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 9:23 AM

you can be friends with a person but just not have the energy to deal with them...

Then you're not really their "friend".  Friends find the energy because they care.  I feel like a lot of people do this but what is really happening (and I suspect what is happening with Andrea) is that the person in question is a good friend to "them" - always there for them, willing to get down with the hard stuff, comforting - but that they are not TRULY this person's friend at all and are not willing to reciprocate in full and forget about this person when they want to have fun.  Alot of people mistake kindness for weakness.  I've been the Andrea before but had no problems whatsoever completely dropping the user from my life -  a user who STILL calls me only to find I'm not there for them at all and certainly don't consider them a "friend" of mine.  Andrea needs to forget about the twins.

As for the Tia thing, I get where her angst is.  It wasn't so much what they USED to be in college, but from the very definite hostile pose that Tia struck when Tamera chose Andrea as her Maid of Honor.  I think that was one of the most real things aired on this show and I imagine that things have not been the same since.

sarahsmile215

sarahsmile215

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 9:40 AM

Then you're not really their "friend".  Friends find the energy because they care.  I feel like a lot of people do this but what is really happening (and I suspect what is happening with Andrea) is that the person in question is a good friend to "them" - always there for them, willing to get down with the hard stuff, comforting - but that they are not TRULY this person's friend at all and are not willing to reciprocate in full and forget about this person when they want to have fun.  Alot of people mistake kindness for weakness.  I've been the Andrea before but had no problems whatsoever completely dropping the user from my life -  a user who STILL calls me only to find I'm not there for them at all and certainly don't consider them a "friend" of mine.  Andrea needs to forget about the twins.

As for the Tia thing, I get where her angst is.  It wasn't so much what they USED to be in college, but from the very definite hostile pose that Tia struck when Tamera chose Andrea as her Maid of Honor.  I think that was one of the most real things aired on this show and I imagine that things have not been the same since.

To be honest, I have been the 'Andrea' at times in my life as well...but I do think that the people who may not always have the energy to deal with me are still my friends. Mostly because I can be honest with myself...I know I am not the easiest person to deal with at times so I can get that people at times, especially when they are dealing with their own crap, may not have the energy to deal with mine. At the same time, I see myself as similar to Tamera as well - to the point where because I want to be a good friend, even if I have my own stuff going on, I will try to be everything for everyone and I end up bleeding myself dry. Sometimes you have to care and be there for yourself and that's when you have to say no to Andrea's.

Honestly, where the Vegas trip is concerned, where I can see why Andrea was hurt, I can also see why Tamera invited the people she did. They invited those people they thought would mesh well together and in that environment. I have some friends that just do not get along with another friend and I may not invite said person not because I'm not their friend but because some personalities do not work well together.

I also think it's entirely possible that Tamera didn't invite Andrea because of Tia...

Edited because I just watched the newest episode. It is getting harder and harder to enjoy this show because every single episode seems to involve them fighting. I don't expect harmony, especially between sisters, all the time, but DAMN, does it have to be every single freaking episode! I do not know why I am still watching because this is just not good escapist fun anymore!

Edited by sarahsmile215, Aug 12, 2013 @ 10:12 AM.

suzieB

suzieB

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 11:14 AM

I don't mind the fighting because at least Tamara is actually learning to stick up for herself. I think Tia tries to hard to make Tamara out to be like her. I mean Tia wanted to do the boot camp and she talked Jerome and Tamara into it without full detail. And then she was like well they aren't taking it seriously. Those two not taking it seriously made the eps for me because everytime they go to Tia's talking time it was like GIRL CAN YOU BE ANYMORE OBNOXIOUS if you wanted this because you have a baby belly then take someone who wants to work out like that. I did find the talk Tia and Tamara had intresting and I think it helps to watch them in therapy. They do each judge each other but I think Tia is alot more harder on Tamara. I think Tamara can break away from the sister act. Tia kinda keeps it in the wings should something not work out but doesn't that kinda leave Tia waiting in wings and not being able to find job? I find the two gals intresting; somethings I cringe at and its like ok turn channel briefly and come back to.  JMO of last nights eps.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 12:17 PM

This show makes me wonder what other celebrity twins are like, namely, Mary Kate and Ashley. Those two also seem like night and day but have both managed to learn to work together for years and become millionaires. Maybe they can give T&T some pointers??

daniella1

daniella1

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

Why would Tamera not have the energy to deal with Andrea? I don't see what is so difficult about Andrea. From everything I've seen, she's always been a supportive friend.

sarahsmile215

sarahsmile215

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 1:41 PM

Why would Tamera not have the energy to deal with Andrea? I don't see what is so difficult about Andrea. From everything I've seen, she's always been a supportive friend.

My argument and I think others on here is that she is very needy. She is indeed a supportive friend and one who has clearly always been there for Tamera. But, having been a needy person myself, sometimes it can be difficult to be there for them all the time the way they want you to be. Doesn't mean you don't love them and appreciate them as a friend...but sometimes you have to take time for yourself.

Obviously, all of this is my opinion and my take from what I've seen of Andrea, so MMV.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

She so badly wants to be seen as just Tia and not "Tia and Tamera" that she is willing to do anything.  I don't honestly think that she wants to do projects with Tamera.  However, since she knows the twin thing is profitable, she will do it until something better comes along.

I so agree with this. That whole argument about Instant Mom and the meeting Tamera was in when she found out is exactly this. I wanted to know if Tamera even KNEW that Tia was in talks or had auditioned or whatever for the role. It seemed like she knew nothing about it at all. Why wouldn't her sister and business partner not feel the need to share some information with her? I can totally see it as Tia not wanting to get pigeon-holed into doing twin shows with Tamera for the rest of her career.  I think that if Tia just admitted that to herself and to Tamera, Tamera would be hurt but she would get over it, unlike Tia, who seems to file things away for future use and grudges. It just seems so shady and I also think she kind of gets a thrill at besting Tamera at getting acting jobs.

The fact that she can't even acknowledge her sister's feelings says a lot about Tia. She got so defensive and threw out that she did the same thing to her years ago with some damn show that I had never heard about anyway.