Tia & Tamera

• Please log in to reply

1080 replies to this topic

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

Posting again, It's Sunday and I'm bored. I still question why they bought the house in Napa and not in LA? Is the Napa home going to be their main residence? Didn't Tamera say that Adam didn't like the layout of her condo. Then why not sell it and purchase a larger home in LA?

Adam always looks like he needs to scrub his face and shave, and that he's smelling something bad.

@ fashionista79 I agree I think both of the twins have that "I'm so overwhelmed with everything!" personality.

I wonder if they'll ever work together on a television show or movie project and not a reality show?

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

Adam is definitely a real reporter for Fox News. (Not trying to be obnoxious with the number of clips, just showing that he seems to do a variety of topics and lots of travel, even back in '08.) I actually looked at this after the last episode out of curiosity since I never watch Fox.

He's a very good reporter, thanks for the clips. I match his reporting up with any of big names that I watch on a regular basis, since I also don't watch Fox News. He's cute and he and Tamera are adorable together.

So what they have a house in Napa and kept a condo. in LA, until I see proof that they can't afford it, I'll just say good for them. Obviously, it makes sense to them and that's all that matters. It makes sense to me as well, since based on Tamera's sister in-law, I get the impression that the family is based there. Seems like when Tamera and Adam were having dinner with the Adam's brother and wife, the wife said that she couldn't wait until they were in Napa so that they could spend more time together. It just seemed like they must be up there a lot more or might even live there as their main residence since the sister in-law wished that Tam could be in Napa more. The sister in-law was whining about being sorry that Tam had to leave so early and that she did not get a chance to say goodbye to what I presumed was a kid.

Anyway, to each his/her own, cause I find Adam to be attractive in more ways than one. He's not HOT, but he's a catch, and I personally will continue to see him this way as long as I find him to be loving husband and now clearly quite good at his craft.

Also, I think if Tamera wanted to be a stay-at-home mom for the first few years of her son's life (can't wait for his arrival by the way), she could do it. Unlike Tia, I don't think Tamera has to work, I think she could afford to take time off and have a baby. As a matter a fact, is it just me, or did she not sound like she mainly wanted to land a pilot just to prove something to herself, and not because she's gotta get money to help Adam pay the household bills? Because to me that's the way she sounded,she was like O.K., got the pilot, recurring role, now it's time to have the baby. Then Tia says what if the family planning gets in the way and once again Tam comes back with her if it's meant for me then, the folks behind the pilot will work it out.

Yeah Tamera is doing pretty good either way.

Edited by nodepth, Jul 22, 2012 @ 8:02 PM.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Adam's family is based in Napa not Tameras'. Tamera mentioned to Andrea that her mother didn't want her to move to Napa. So purchasing the home in Napa seems to benefit Adam more than Tamera so yes it is good for him.

Can't comment on how good or bad a reporter he is cause I don't watch Fox News.

Whenever I see Adam and Tamera together they just look off to me. Could be the fact that Tamera looks very young regularly and even younger when next to Adam. And Tamera is so attractive that she makes him look even more homely, but that's me. For the record Tia and Cory creep me out cause for some reason they remind me of brother and sister, maybe it's the way they smile. I do think Cree is adorable.

If Tamera doesn't have to worry about money then why do the reality show. Why open your life up to scrutiny? She was not happy in the first season about the racist post about her and Adam. I don't go onto those boards so I can imagine what kinds of things are being said now.

When she was told that she got the role she was screaming and crying like she one the lottery.

I would think that getting a gig on Strong Medicine would have proven that she was not just a one hit wonder. Why audition so much when you are planning to get pregnant?. Why would you want the added pressure? Why not sit back relax and enjoy being newly married and start making plans to start a family. Where is this pilot? Was it picked up? Do you get paid for just getting the role?

I'll say it again Tamera's stories just don't seem authentic.

I think Tia and Tamera are both doing way better than allot of the child stars of their time.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

As they say, there's an ass for every chair.

Love this.

Adam is a really good reporter.

I'm surprised that so many people off of the boards feel the same way about Tia that we do. I wonder if Tia is aware of how people feel. She probably doesn't give a damn anyway.

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

Adam's family is based in Napa not Tameras'. Tamera mentioned to Andrea that her mother didn't want her to move to Napa. So purchasing the home in Napa seems to benefit Adam more than Tamera so yes it is good for him.

Actually, the way I personally see marriage is, once Tamera became Tamera Housley, the family that Adam grew up in became Tamera's and vice versa. In this situation either Tamera or Adam is going to have to sacrafice not being near the family they grew up in, one of them obviously is going to end up benefiting more than the other.

Bottom line, what matters is the family they are creating together as a married couple.

Like I said to each his/her own, they are a lovely couple and neither one strikes me as being selfish with the other. Seems like they'll have a great marriage at times one making sacrafices and then at times the other will make sacrafices.

Can't comment on how good or bad a reporter he is cause I don't watch Fox News

I don't need to watch Fox News, I watch the news programs in general, so for me judging him against some of the best IMO of course is easy. I watched a few of the clips that were linked on this thread and just compared his performance to the journalist I watch on my favorite news programs. I'd watch him if he were a correspondent on World News with Diane Sawyer, he'd fit in just fine IMO.

When she was told that she got the role she was screaming and crying like she one the lottery.

It is quite reasonable to me that she was screaming and crying like she one the lottery, because based on the odds she was telling her cousin Jerome of booking a pilot during pilot season, I'd say, yeah, it's like winning the freaking lottery for an actor. In addition, her reaction to me was one of joy, excitement and relief that she had PROVEN to herself that she still had the ability to be in and play the game. It certainly does not prove that she was holding out for a pilot for financial reasons.

I'll say it again Tamera's stories just don't seem authentic.

LOL, I don't watch reality shows for authenticity. I know I surely did not buy that, convo. in the last eppy as Tam and Adam's first talk about wanting to start a family. But I do know she's carrying a real baby now and I'm not going to call her slut, so I'm going with the baby being her husband Adam's and I wish them all the very best.

But anyway authenticity, that's a joke to me when it comes to these reality shows. That's the irony in reality t.v., more and more the "real" ingredient is becoming the last ingredient in all of these shows.

Edited by nodepth, Jul 22, 2012 @ 10:05 PM.

sfemale0181

sfemale0181

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

First who really gives a shit why they purchased two homes? It's their business. Second, I forgot to mention the fact that Tia was struggling with the fact of allowing Tamera to baby sit Cree. WTF was that about? I'm sure Tamera loves Cree just as much as Tia does. Tia annoys me more and more. Just give Tamera a schedule, provide her with emergency numbers but the nanny cam is and was questionable. It's like this bitch barely likes her own damn sister! Like I said she treats Tamera like shit. I don't know if it's because Tamera may be an easy target or what. Tia certainly doesn't talk to Corey in that manner, Jerome neither. Furthermore, really Tia? You wouldn't let your own mother baby sit Cree? The woman who gave birth to you, changed your diapers, fed you, clothed and bathed you and your sister AT THE SAME TIME because she had TWINS and you're still concerned about whether she'll be able to take care of Cree??? Jerome seems like the voice of reason. I like how diplomatic he is with the twins.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

I think Tia knows her mother is perfectly capable of looking after a baby, but it's more about her unwilling to let go and let someone else be in charge of her child. She's still in that overprotective, overly possessive mommy mode where she just doesn't want anyone else to be the one looking after him -- she wants everything her way, the way she does it, and no one else is going to be able to do that. Annoying and presumptuous of her, certainly. Although I do think the reluctance to let Tamera babysit is because she actually thinks Tamera is slightly incompetent, for the most part it's just her being clingy with her baby.

Which makes absolutely no sense, because doesn't she have a nanny who watches him all the time?

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

As they say, there's an ass for every chair.

I've heard it as, "There's a lid for every pot," but I like the above better, heh.

I appreciate Dallance sharing the clips, though I didn't think it was necessary. I don't watch much TV news period, let alone Fox, but I've never doubted Adam's profession, particularly since he would have been blasted rather quickly if his job was a lie. Can't really lie about being a TV reporter - it's too easy to refute.

Co-sign Tamera being part of the Housley family. And it is not like it's uncommon for the woman to move to her husband's home, whether the in-laws live near or not. I don't know if all of the Mowrys live in L.A., but if they do...well, Tamera has a right to go forth, be fruitful, and multiply with her husband. Some people live near their immediate families their entire lives, some do not, particularly women who marry someone who lives elsewhere. Besides, they're not so far that it's a hassle for Tamera to see her family. If they'd moved to the East Coast or otherwise thousands of miles away, I could understand the concern. But presumably, Napa is an hour's plane ride or few hours' drive away. I mean, their mom is Bahamian, right? Dad is English? And they're a long way from the Bahamas or England. I'm sure they understand raising your family away from your hometown.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Like I posted, I don't watch FOX NEW so I won't comment on if he is a good or bad reporter I really don't care one way or the other. Of course one of the families will benefit if they live in Napa or L.A. I feel that Tamera would rather be in L.A. but agreed to buy the house in Napa to please Adam. She clearly wanted to purchase on of those LA homes she was viewing last season. In this situation I think that a home in L.A. where she auditions almost weekly and might be filming a show would be a smarter purchase. Napa isn't a short drive from LA it looks like Tamera was flying back and forth during the wine week event. That aint cheap.

Oh, I give a sh*t about why they purchased the home in Napa otherwise I wouldn't be posting about it, and yes it is their business which they put out their on this show.

Don't buy the proving herself regarding the pilot, I may not be a fan of Tamera's but she is very confident and sure of herself, at least most of the time. There seemed to be allot more behind those strong emotions. I could see the reaction coming from someone who had never been on a tv show and this was their first big break. Not from someone who had two television series under her belt.

I do believe the whole Tia worried about Tamera babysitting Cree, was totally manufactured. I think Tia's feelings about Tamera were her true feelings though. I do think that
Tia's mother has never babysat Cree only because Tia was first filming The Game after Cree was born and then filming her movie in Utah, so her mom hasn't gotten the chance to babysit. I think she said that for drama, they have spoken about their mother with such respect and seem to hold her in such high regard, that I don't believe Tia would ever have a problem allowing her to babysit.

I watch allot of reality shows and I do notice, not all of the time, but allot of the time when a show is edited heavily and the shady stuff is from the producers or the cast. Example during a talking heads on allot of reality shows I can totally tell when the producers are asking heated questions to get a reaction. On others, Housewives of OC and Atlanta for example when it's the cast talking themselves up. Saying one thing to make you think they are more than they are and just making believing the real stuff aint happening or that it never did happen.

I get this feeling with Tamera in most of her scenes and talking heads. I think that might be one of the reasons Tia acts the way she does toward her. She is annoyed that Tamera is portraying everything to be sunshine and fabulousness.

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Right, again, I don't watch Fox News either, I watched clips on this board to see how he delivers the news. If you say you don't watch news programs and haven't bothered to watch the clips of him on this board then, I'd get it. But all you've said is that you don't watch Fox News. I don't turn to the Fox News network and watch any of their programs, same as you, so....But I don't need to watch their programing live to determine whether he's a decent journalist, thanks to Youtube clips of some of old his segments.

Tamera would rather be in L.A. but agreed to buy the house in Napa to please Adam. She clearly wanted to purchase on of those LA homes she was viewing last season. In this situation I think that a home in L.A. where she auditions almost weekly and might be filming a show would be a smarter purchase. Napa isn't a short drive from LA it looks like Tamera was flying back and forth during the wine week event. That aint cheap.

So what if she agreed to purchase a home in Napa to please her husband, whom she loves? I don't see a problem because while she'd rather have her side of the family only a short distance away, she does NOT seem to dislike/hate living in Napa. It could have been the other way around where they purchased the home in LA and Adam was in Tamera's position. But like I said, love involves some sacrafices and as long as the sacrafices don't go against who you are at your core or they don't make you miserable to the state of depression, then I call it love, because love is sacrafice. In terms of her acting career see my position on her reaction to getting the pilot. I don't buy that Tamera has the acting bug to the point of she can't live without practicing that craft. I believe some actors feel this way, they must act, in any forum, whether it be t.v., stage, read script for audio etc. they just have to keep working for the love of the craft. I don't see Tamera as that kind of actor and I don't buy that she thirst for it that much, so her career is no reason for her to buy a home in LA, the condo. seems fine IMO. She has the condo. and she and Adam don't have to pay for a hotel when in LA.

I get this feeling with Tamera in most of her scenes and talking heads. I think that might be one of the reasons Tia acts the way she does toward her. She is annoyed that Tamera is portraying everything to be sunshine and fabulousness.

O.K., and this IMO just makes Tia a bitch. If that's how Tamera wants to approach her life whether deep down she knows this to be the truth or not, who the hell is Tia to judge her for it. Unless Tamera is bitching and whining about her life and then putting on another face in front of the camera, then Tia's annoyance with her is just her being a bitch. I'm going with the bitch, because I don't see Tamera complaining about the life she has with her husband to Tia, then turning around and making smiley faces at Adam, him oblivious to her silent suffering (eye roll). She seems to love being in Napa, she seems at peace there, she said she can let her hair down there. But she can't have it all, she can't have Napa and the family she's creating with Adam and her side of the family up there with her as well because they don't want to live there. Her first priority is her husband and the life she's making with him and bottom line it doesn't seem like she's pining away in a state of deep depression when she's in Napa.

Quite frankly, they are sisters and will always love each other I'm sure, but Tia IMO is the only one making Tamera miserable, or rather, Tamera is allowing Tia to make her miserable. Tam is a pleaser, I truly see that in her, but I don't see Adam running rough shot over her it's that sister of hers. But like Adam told Tam, that's on her. I think she waited until the last minute to call Tia and cancel accompanying her to get that mole removed, because she she was afraid. So she waited and waited until the last minute and made things worse because for some reason she has problems saying no, or doing things that she thinks might make her sister angry, annoyed of just plain disappointed in her. I mean, cause she truly could have left a message on her cell phone that evening. It's sad, to see that kind of tension between sisters twins or otherwise.

Don't buy the proving herself regarding the pilot, I may not be a fan of Tamera's but she is very confident and sure of herself, at least most of the time. There seemed to be allot more behind those strong emotions. I could see the reaction coming from someone who had never been on a tv show and this was their first big break. Not from someone who had two television series under her belt.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because clearly we have an entirely different perception of what the working actor goes through to get roles, especially a minority actor, whether they've had success in the past or not. She's been out of work long enough IMO, to have had the reaction she had. As a matter a fact, last season she told her sister that she wasn't even sure she still wanted to pound the pavement for a job and speaking of authenticity, that scene felt quite real to me. To me her high came from finally passing the test or challenge she set for herself, to see if she could land a pilot after being out of the came for some time. It got down to the wire she worked hard and it was an amazing feeling of accomplishment when she succeeded considering the odds of actors landing pilots during pilot season. It was not first and foremost about meeting her next character, because in one breath she said she can't wait to meet her character and in the next she's ready to let it go if the network and/or show producers can't accomodate her pregnancy. Not one ounce of concern nor disappointment at the thought that now that she's landed the role it might not work out since she's going to go on ahead and start a family. You know sometimes it's enough for some people to just know that they still have the ability to accomplish something that is difficult, with odds stacked against them and that's where I believe Tamera's head is when it comes to her acting career right now. She's not trying to prove that she can take on a long term acting gig and play a role, she just wanted to see if she could still get a character to play after the drought and uncertainty she's experienced.

Edited by nodepth, Jul 22, 2012 @ 11:20 PM.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

Let me be clear I wondered if Adam was an actual reporter, which is why I posted the question. I have no desire to watch clips of him on YouTube which is why I stated that I can not comment on if he is a good reporter or not, and I really don't care.

Why does Tamera have to make the sacrifice to live close to his family? Didn't she tell her friend that Napa didn't feel like home.

She just about sh*t her pant's over getting a role on a pilot show. If the show gets picked up will she fly from Napa every day? Will she live in her Condo, not sure if it has more than one bedroom, with her the baby and Adam?

That's ridiculous, Tia's a bitch because she cares about her sister's well being. First of all I made those observations, so why call Tia a bitch? Who said Tamera was suffering or depressed, please do not put words into my posts. I stated that Tamera seems to put up the front of sunshine and fabulousness. She stated that she and Adam were getting married at the beginning of the show but did not mention the fact that they had broken up and decided to get back together. She had no problem telling her friends she was sore from sex with Adam, yuck! again sunshine/fabulousness. Why not tell Tia from the start she was ruining her wedding experience why wait until she was forced to by Tia. Why not tell Tia she was upset that she didn't tell her about the movie role. I do believe she was jealous of Tia's role in the movie, who says "you do know you have my dream job" and then says oh I'm not jealous. Then why say that. It's okay to be a little jealous.

The whole surgery scene was weird, if the surgery was that serious I would think that Tia' husband would have been with her.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:16 AM

Is there a pre-determined time as outlined in the Motherhood Guide where a mom can only talk about being a mom when the child has reached a certain number of years (and not a month before that)?

Ha. No, not at all. Look, I get that Tia is excited to have a child. I personally find it annoying when some women act like they are the first to ever pop out a child. She started writing a book about pregnancy and motherhood before the kid even saw daylight. As someone above mentioned, what does Tia have to say that hasn't been written about 5000 times over?

Gooey

Gooey

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 5:15 AM

The whole surgery scene was weird, if the surgery was that serious I would think that Tia' husband would have been with her.

It wasn't serious. Hell, it was barely even 'surgery'.
The mole itself was the issue because of the unknown, but getting a mole removed in & of itself is not a serious procedure. I think there's a significant difference between the two things.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 6:09 AM

Ha. No, not at all. Look, I get that Tia is excited to have a child. I personally find it annoying when some women act like they are the first to ever pop out a child. She started writing a book about pregnancy and motherhood before the kid even saw daylight. As someone above mentioned, what does Tia have to say that hasn't been written about 5000 times over?

Right, but I guess I was getting at the idea that Tia is unique in this regard. From what I've seen of Tia and Tamera these past two seasons, both women act like they're the firstest ever! to have done something. And it could be that the producers (I mean, the ones named first) feel that the sisters need to bring more to the show (whatever that means), but I don't doubt for a moment that Tamera will pick up where Tia has left off regarding the "working mom" angle. Just based on what I've seen of Tamera planning a wedding and talking about that ad nauseum; decorating for this Napa house and acting like it's a matter of life or death that she hasn't bought a throw pillow and sofa yet; or auditioning for pilot season and talking about that repeatedly and being openly frustrated about it, I can see Tamera doing just the same when her baby is here. Which is not say, on the topic of auditioning, that she shouldn't feel frustrated, but I found Tamera's three conversations about Tia doing the movie very interesting.

In Tamera's first conversation with Andrea about Tia's movie, she said that it was frustrating because Tia was the dancer and she was the singer. Bringing that up just had a feeling of, "Why her and not me?" However, when Tia put another term to it--jealousy--Tamera tried to spin it that it was negative. And, yes, "jealous" does have a negative connotation, but what surprised me was that Tamera had already said to Andrea that she was frustrated over it. There's nothing positive about frustration as far as I understand it, and so her talking to Andrea about it again just made me roll my eyes. Call it frustration or whatever, but I did get the sense that there was a part of Tamera that didn't like how Tia was getting roles so quickly.

I'll just end by saying that I do like both sisters--Tia more than Tamera--and like someone above pointed out, this "reality" is very much not reality. So, sometimes Tamera's deer in headlights act seems just like that--an act. Anyone who decides that she's going to play the "single and ready to mingle" role in her test pilot with her sister then comes into a full season already in the throes of wedding planning tells me that she's quite savvy about the game. So I just can't go around feeling so bad for her like she doesn't know her sister, has never dealt with her sister, or anything of the sort. And maybe im reading Tia's issues with Tamera as Tamera behaving differently for the show. I dont know. Despite their sibling issues, though, what I see above all else between Tia and Tamera is that they do love each other very much and just communicate differently. Reality show or not, there's a closeness there that I don't see either of them faking.

Edited by fashionista79, Jul 23, 2012 @ 6:55 AM.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

As someone above mentioned, what does Tia have to say that hasn't been written about 5000 times over?

Most likely not much, the same all all of the other authors out there who write self help books but the amount of those books out there doesn't stop anyone new from jumping into the fray. Tia is no different from those other authors. She felt she had things to share, and so she wrote her book. It makes sense, to me at least, that she would capitalize on the opportunity. She may be saying essentially the same things that are stated in other pregnancy books, but for me a) who cares, it's still smart business and b) maybe she's said some things, things already found in other books, in a way that resonates more with some expectant mothers.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

Everyone can find their own angle on a well-worn topic. After all, is there any topic or story that hasn't already been written? Tia could have an angle on the whole "I'm a former child star and now I'm all grown up and trying to have a career as a grown-up star and I'm having a child of my own -- how DO I handle the pressure?" thing. At least that's what I would do.

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

She just about sh*t her pant's over getting a role on a pilot show. If the show gets picked up will she fly from Napa every day? Will she live in her Condo, not sure if it has more than one bedroom, with her the baby and Adam?

I don't know, I DO KNOW that I heard her say to Tia that they, as in the TPTB at the show will have to work all that out. As in, if it's meant to be for her then it's all good, if not, as in, if they can't work it out for her then so be it. That to me means, that she won't be bending over backwards and stressing herself out either way and that her baby and how she wants to raise him with Adam will be all that matters. Therefore, if living in Napa 90% of the time is what it takes she'll chuck that show in a heartbeat if they can't accomodate her. Bottom line for me is I don't see her having any issues where this is concerned, I don't see her being upset that it won't work out, I see her caring about her life with her baby and husband, a role is just a bit of icing on the cake. Again, we don't see eye to eye on this because I don't think playing the actual role means that much to her based her attitude of if it's meant to be then it will work out, if not, if they can't work it out for me and my family planning then it wasn't meant to be. That's pretty much how I understood her when she spoke to Tia. No problems,no major loss here, there's only gain.

[

That's ridiculous, Tia's a bitch because she cares about her sister's well being. First of all I made those observations, so why call Tia a bitch? Who said Tamera was suffering or depressed, please do not put words into my posts.

[

Obviously we just disagree, because I find it ridiculous to keep questioning why Tam had to give up living in LA or buying a house in LA as opposed to buying the house both she and her husband wanted in Napa. I see her as happy and so as not to put words in your mouth, MY perception is that you seem to see it as negative, while all I see is love. She reminds me of my cousin who tried to procrastinate leaving home when she got married,they had to pack her stuff up and put her out. It was hilarious, even though she was basically living with her boyfriend before they got married. But the actual being married and living more than hour away from the only home she's ever lived in permanently was scary for her and we all knew it. While her younger sister was the complete opposite and we weren't surprised, the reactions to real adulthood, married life from both of these women fit their personalities. Please, once my cousin officially moved into her house with her husband she was fine, no calling home freaking homesick. She was the same old jolly person as she always was. I see Tams the same way, she'll be fine.While were on the subject of putting words in the mouths of others, I never put words in your mouth, depressed is my word and I'm welcome to use it in my opinion.

Tia, something else we perceive differently, is a bitch as far as I'm concerned. Why? Because, and let me be clear about my POV, I DON't think she is caring about her sister's well being, not on this front, that's bullshit to me. I know when I am looking at a bitchy, envious woman vs. one that is truly showing concern. She treats Tam with way too much disrespect for me to see it as just genuine concern, don't buy it. Now, I think she loves her sister, no way do I believe she doesn't, but she is also jealous of some things in Tam's life. I don't think Tam is unhappy or that she is sacraficing things for Adam to her detriment. I DON't believe that she is pretending that things are fabulous in her life with her husband, when they really aren't. But my perception is that you and Tia believe she is, I just think Tia is full of shit. I personally do think a woman is a bitch for being annoyed at another woman's happiness and disguising it as concern, please. This is EXACTLY how I feel because bottom line for me, Tamera's life actually DOES seem much more stress free than Tias, and I believe this annoys Tia. She's jealous and resents Tam for it. I have no doubt that even when Tam becomes a mother Tia will still be spouting stuff like, it's hard for me to take advice from someone who doesn't walk in my shoes.

Bottom line for me is that Tia has absolutely no respect for Tam because she feels she's a woman, (actually, I don't even think she views her as a fucking adult) who does not have to deal with the same problems or the concerns that she has. She has no respect for her as woman who could babysit her child,but yet all she needs is Jerome to check on Tam to make her feel more at ease? Please, she has no respect for Tams as someone who could have a healthy love/personal life. Tams from Tia's POV, is just a bubble of cheer, oblvious to the world of adults, adult women with real shit to deal with. She's a fucking idiot, who would be suffering in silence and pretend that things are great (eye roll). I believe that Tam has always had that cheery persona and I do find Tia to be a bitch for her body language and tone when she interacts with her sister because I find it to be negative more often than not. After watching these two I conclude that they both love each other, but like others have said and I agree, I don't think they'd bother getting to know one another if they did not share blood. They only love each other especially from Tia's end because they share blood. Tia is not a friend that Tam would have and Tam is definitely not the kind of friend Tia would have. She may love Tams but she definitely does not like her and unlike her kind, patient, tolerant sister, she can't even hide how annoyed she gets, she's short with her and very intolerant. While Tam's tone just in general seems more patient and nuturing toward Tia. They are two different people and I think it's fair to say that while Tia seems to view her sister as some kind of annoying flea IMO because she just can get her personality, that feeling can go both ways; people like Tia can annoy the Tams of the world. At any rate, clearly we do not see eye to eye so I'm moving on.

Edited by nodepth, Jul 23, 2012 @ 10:48 AM.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

You can use the word depressed all you want, just don't use is it in a response to my post when I never used the word.

My POV is that I see Tamera as pleasing her husband while sacrificing her needs. The home purchase is a perfect example of this. You use examples to explain why you have a POV about someone.

If Tia is such a horrible person to her sister why is Tamera agreeing to appear on the show. Why not distance yourself from this uncaring, jealous person. Tamera obviously doesnt' feel the way you do about her sister.

I'll agree that you have your feelings about Tia and I have mine about Tamera. Moving on.

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

You can use the word depressed all you want, just don't use is it in a response to my post when I never used the word.

Please don't tell me what words to use, I can use whatever words I want as long as it's not name calling to the person whose post I'm responding to. I'm simply using the word depressed to point out how I see or rather don't see Tamera in her life and unless I view someone as depressed or hopeless with regard to there situation as opposed to happy, then I disagree with your POV. But I have no idea who you think you are as to tell me what words I can use, unless I'm interpreting the quote above incorrectly. Just because I use a different word to respond to your ideas does not mean that I'm saying that, that word defines your POV.

My POV is that I see Tamera as pleasing her husband while sacrificing her needs. The home purchase is a perfect example of this. You use examples to explain why you have a POV about someone.

Exactly, thank you, this says what I've already stated, we just have different points of view. You see this as a negative and I see it as a positive. Unless I'm wrong again and you have no negative or positive feelings when you make the above statement, but are just simply stating what you believe is a fact. I surely don't want to be accused of not only putting words in your mouth, but telling you how you feel as well.

If Tia is such a horrible person to her sister why is Tamera agreeing to appear on the show. Why not distance yourself from this uncaring, jealous person. Tamera obviously doesnt' feel the way you do about her sister.

Again, I could be like you and claim that you are putting words in my mouth because I never said Tia was a horrible person. Like you never used the word depressed. I never used the word horrible but that was your interpretation on what I said. I'd have no problem with your interpretation but since you accused me of putting words in your mouth I am finding it difficult not to nitpick here but... I said she's a bitch, or in this case acting like a bitch. I certainly don't think she's a bitch every freaking second of the day,nor a horrible person. A horrible person is the guy who just shot up the movie theater in Colorado, that's my perception of a horrible human being, just so we're clear on how I define the word horrible.

Why hang around each other? Like I said, they do love each other and are bonded by blood. They shared the same womb, they have grown up together, but that does not mean they have to like each other.

Yes, by all means move on.

Edited by nodepth, Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

"I'm surprised that so many people off of the boards feel the same way about Tia that we do. I wonder if Tia is aware of how people feel. She probably doesn't give a damn anyway."

Who is we? That sure isn't me or people I know. Both twins seem to be liked and disliked equally from what I've read. And I sure hope Tia doesnít spend her time worrying about what a few people online think of her based on a heavily edited reality show. I mean really! It's fun to watch the show and analyze the twin dynamic, but at the end of the day itís just that, a show. I personally would not be able to deal with Tamara for very long because those types of personalities annoy me. But thatís me. I would never attempt to make a sweeping statement about people having certain feelings about her based on my views. Anyway, I saw photos of both twins at the Teen choice awards, and both looked great.

"I'm surprised that so many people off of the boards feel the same way about Tia that we do. I wonder if Tia is aware of how people feel. She probably doesn't give a damn anyway."

Who is we? That sure isn't me or people I know. Both twins seem to be liked and disliked equally from what I've read. And I sure hope Tia doesnít spend her time worrying about what a few people online think of her based on a heavily edited reality show. I mean really! It's fun to watch the show and analyze the twin dynamic, but at the end of the day itís just that, a show. I personally would not be able to deal with Tamara for very long because those types of personalities annoy me. But thatís me. I would never attempt to make a sweeping statement about people having certain feelings about her based on my views. Anyway, I saw photos of both twins at the Teen choice awards, and both looked great.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

And I sure hope Tia doesnít spend her time worrying about what a few people online think of her based on a heavily edited reality show.

I hope not either. Life is too short for that.

I love me some Tia and Tamera, but I find myself actually enjoying Tia more.

inkworks

inkworks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

I love Tia and Tamera too but I have to agree that Tia comes across as a bitch on this show.

Sure Tamera can be whiny and a bit hyper and I can see why that might make people dislike her but I think that at heart she is a genuinely nice person. When she interacts with Tia she seems genuinely happy to be around her.

Tia on the other hand is very impatient with Tamera and tries to put her down at every opportunity.

I guess it just comes down to them being two different people with different personalities but I definitely feel that Tamera is more willing to spend her time on her sister while Tia is very self-involved. Tia expects Tamera to drop everything when Tia needs her while Tia can't even be bothered to make it on time for Tamera's wedding.

I was hoping we would see a change in Tia now that she's no longer pregnant but it looks like she really is just a selfish, self-obsessed person. MMV, of course.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

The one time I did kind of side with Tia on her "self-involved" reaction was in last week's episode when Tamera called at the last minute to say that she had that producer audition and she wouldn't be able to go with Tia to the derm. Now, there's a good chance that that whole thing was orchestrated for the sake of the show, but assuming it wasn't, I do agree with Tia on 1) feeling upset about Tamera bailing at the last minute, and 2) calling b.s. on Tamera saying that she communicated as best she could about it.

Tia is scared, and it's not just that Tamera was going to be there to hold her hand but Tamera was going to be going through it with her. It made her feel better to know that not only would she have her sister there but that they could oommiserate. It probably really sucked to know that she would in fact be going through the whole thing alone. Also, if Tamera did get the change of plans news the way she said she did, then she most certainly did not communicate it to Tia the best way she could. Calling her the next morning, while Tia is in the car on her way to the doctor's office, is not the best way to let her know if she supposedly found out about it at 10 the previous night. Not wanting to call that late and wake the baby up is a poor excuse. There is such a thing as text messaging. She also could have called early in the morning. She had a good 10 or 12 hours to let Tia know prior to Tia getting in the car and heading out expecting to meet her sister at the office. I don't blame Tia for being upset and frustrated at Tamera for not getting it.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

If there has to be a preface about certain scenes being orchestrated, I'm not sure there's a point in discussing the show at all. It's an open secret that reality TV is largely staged, but really, all we have to go on is what is shown on the show (and obviously our perceptions and reactions to what happens). If something Tia or Tamera did/said is dismissed as editing/orchestration in one regard, then why not everything? Why not just call the show a complete setup and call it a day?

Anyhoo, I didn't understand Jerome saying that Tamera needed some "practice" before deciding to have a child. Say what now? Plenty of good mothers didn't have direct experience with children before having their own. Boy, bye. Besides, babysitting for one night shouldn't be a deciding factor for parenthood, since babies can be different.

The one time I did kind of side with Tia on her "self-involved" reaction was in last week's episode when Tamera called at the last minute to say that she had that producer audition and she wouldn't be able to go with Tia to the derm.

I thought the same and completely understood where Tia was coming from. Then Tia lost me when she went on about how she wanted Tamera there to hold her hand and help her through it. Weren't they both scheduled for mole removal? Wasn't the point of removing the moles that the doctor felt they may be an issue, for Tamera and Tia? Granted, the original visit was supposedly for Tia only, but it didn't end that way. I don't know...it seems like it would have been pretty scary for the both of them, and it would have been nice for Tia to express more along the lines of mutual support and hand-holding. On the one hand, Tamera should have called/texted and told her the deal as soon as she knew. On the other hand, it doesn't make Tia look that great that she's disappointed that Tamera wouldn't be there for HER sake only. As if Tamera's moles were nothing to be concerned with. Which clearly wasn't the case, based on what the doctor said.

Then I'm also conflicted because on the surface, Tamera came off as the self-involved one. But if Tamera is there for Tia most of the time, is it really "different values" (per Tia) or self-involvement in the few instances Tamera doesn't get it right? Tia certainly had a right to be disappointed, but it's not like Tamera not being there would cause the procedure to be cancelled or rescheduled. It wasn't major surgery. So the whole different values aspect rang false to me, since I don't recall, during last season or so far this season, a pattern of behavior from Tamera in which she's constantly bailing out on Tia when she needs her. Add the fact that I would think Tia would be a bit more understanding, given that she's inexplicably withheld info from Tamera when they're planning things together (i.e. the movie shoot in Utah).

So even though I understood Tia's perspective, I'm still left with a feeling of "It's all about Tia" when, in this scenario, it wasn't. Of course, I've made no secret of my feelings toward Tia, so it may just be my personal biases interfering with completely siding with Tia.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Jul 23, 2012 @ 7:43 PM.

missysimpson

missysimpson

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Whoa. It's getting kind of heated in here. I think everyone can agree that both ladies have very opposite personalities. Sisters sometimes fight and disagree, and they have a certain dynamic. I have two sisters. We used to fight like MMA fighters one minute, then the next minute we are talking on the phone for 3 hours. Tia and Tamera are yin and yang. They balance each other out. I don't think one sister is better than the other. I just think most of us prefer one sister's personality over the other. It doesn't mean any one opinion is right or wrong.

I guess it's a good thing for ratings that so many people are coming on message boards fiercely defending the sister they like the most.

Edited by missysimpson, Jul 23, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

Am I the only one who noticed Tamara was wearing classic hide-the-baby-bump shirts in this ep? I wonder when she is finally going to reveal her pregnancy on camera?

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

Yikes. As a fellow Cancerian, I can say that it's like Tamera got the all the mushy, emotional, sensitive, and insecure insides of the Crab, while Tia got the outer shell, making her kinda cold, shrewd, bitchy and tough. It's insane! I know how Tamera can feel at times, and I know how Tia can feel. I like to keep things honest and "real" with people. I hate the passive-aggressiveness that some people who are afraid of confrontation can have. I also am very sensitive and emotional (I teared up during the therapy sessions).

Anywho, I liked the episode a lot. I'm glad that we get a deeper inside as to what is going on. I had no idea that they weren't as close as I thought. That they hadn't really spoken once Tia got married, that their parents have tried to intervene etc. And that whole thing with Tia standing over Tamera pointing while Tamera cries is like...whoa, ok. I think it's hitting Tia how big of a bitch she can be, and I wonder if she is worried if that's coming across to others, or if it's all about Tamera. Time will tell.

Edited by noluvnoluck, Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:15 PM.

patternmaster

patternmaster

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

Finally an episode with some realness. I still feel allot of the communication issues come from Tamera's fear of Tia. Like she is really scared of this girl. We also got some back story. So when Tia got married she and Tamera very rarely saw each other. I believe it was during this time that Tia's personality really changed.

I grew to enjoy Tia even more in this episode. She totally got the whole therapy session and totally nailed Tamera's personality!! Loved the scene with Tia and Wendy, she is such a good friend to Tia. Loved when Tia surprised Tamera at her speech! Cree is one expressive baby!

I actually viewed Tamera as an adult in this episode. There was almost no crying and she was clear and firm about her feelings.

Aleena is very pretty, loved the afro puff.

Next episode addressing my favorite subject moving into a house! Hallelloo!

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Yikes. As a fellow Cancerian, I can say that it's like Tamera got the all the mushy, emotional, sensitive, and insecure insides of the Crab, while Tia got the outer shell, making her kinda cold, shrewd, bitchy and tough. It's insane! I know how Tamera can feel at times, and I know how Tia can feel. I like to keep things honest and "real" with people. I hate the passive-aggressiveness that some people who are afraid of confrontation can have. I also am very sensitive and emotional (I teared up during the therapy sessions).

Oh, this explains a lot, my mother is a Cancer and much like Tamera in that she will avoid any confrontation at all cost. I guess that's where the pretending everything is fine comes into play, now thinking about my mom, I see Tia's point, O.K.. My mother's got none of crab's outer shell. She doesn't cry like Tamera but you won't get an argument out of her, and she'll change the subject in a hot minute if it seems even a bit argumentative. It drives me nuts, I'm like how could this not tick you off? How could you not have a heated response to this?
But, I find her to be a very sweet woman, with such a calm demeanor, people love to just talk to her about things.

Now I get Tamera even more, it's not so much that she is trying to please because she craves approval, she's trying to avoid confrontation at all costs and that's why she waited until the last minute to call Tia. She feels that no matter what she does or says, it leads to a confrontation with her sister and she can't take that. My mother won't let you walk all over her, she sure as hell is not looking to please for approval, but if it's truly not gonna cause her a huge loss or serious distress, she will not confront you. She doesn't want to hear even a little raise of a voice or negative tones which could lead to even a bigger argument, she just doesn't want to be bothered with it.

I did not know that Cancers come like Tia; I've met alot of Cancers and have never met one like Tia. Anyway, this is very interesting, the hard shell part of the crab when it comes to this sign.

Edited by nodepth, Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:40 PM.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

I did not know that Cancers come like Tia; I've met alot of Cancers and have never met one like Tia. Anyway, this is very interesting, the hard shell part of the crab when it comes to this sign.

Oh totally. Not to continue to get all weirdo about this topic, but we have an "outer shell" which protects us because we are SUPER sensitive. I can be a real bitch like Tia, I rarely am caught crying in public, and I would believe it's just me protecting myself, or trying to appear strong, but it sometimes drives people away. I'm also needy and emotional at times, needing approval, battling with insecurity, etc. But it just seems like these two each took the absolute extreme sides of the sign.

I really hope they continue to work on their communication because they truly would make a great business team.