Tia & Tamera

• Please log in to reply

1080 replies to this topic

just checking

just checking

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2011 @ 11:19 PM

I did a search and couldn't find this, but if this is a double post I apologize.

From Essence:

Tia and Tamera are gearing up to share the exciting details of their lives in their new reality show, "Tia and Tamera" set to debut on the Style Network on August 10th.

Tia and her husband, Cory Hardict, will be seen eagerly awaiting the birth of their first child, while Tamera is filmed during her walk down the aisle in her dream wedding to Adam Housely.

Sneak preview of the show on YouTube.

I'm not sure if I'll watch this (if I can find it online when it airs), because I like these two, and usually when people I like appear on reality shows I end up with a not so favorable view of them. This does seem like it'll be a positive show though.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 2:25 AM

I'm not sure if I'll watch this (if I can find it online when it airs), because I like these two, and usually when people I like appear on reality shows I end up with a not so favorable view of them. This does seem like it'll be a positive show though.

I feel the same way, justchecking, but I do wish them all the best. It's great to see young women that I've practically grown up with get through this business relatively unscathed and seem like really genuine people.

Did they have another "reality" show before, though?

inkworks

inkworks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 7:42 AM

I'm looking forward to this. I enjoyed their special that aired last year. Hope it does well as they seem like nice girls.

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 9:30 AM

I've always liked them, so I'll probably watch at least the first episode. It will be interesting to see how they've changed since they were little girls on Sister/Sister.

Marla Singer

Marla Singer

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 11:52 AM

Didn't this show air last year?

just checking

just checking

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 1:35 PM

Did they have another "reality" show before, though?

I have no idea if there was a past show, but this one will air August 10th (according to what I posted above).

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

According to the Style Network, it premieres August 8. I like them, as they've come off well-adjusted as adults, so I'll probably check it out.

inkworks

inkworks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 3:03 PM

They made a one off special last year. As far as I know it did quite well so the network decided to make it a series.

just checking

just checking

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 6:38 PM

An interview with them from a few months back about the upcoming show and other things.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2011 @ 8:23 AM

I always giggle when I see interviews and they respond with the same answer at the same time.

They turned 33(!) exactly three weeks ago.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2011 @ 1:32 PM

Man, why on Style network? I don't get that channel. Maybe it'll re-air on E!

Becka

Becka

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 12:40 AM

I just watched the premiere - and enjoyed it. I won't deny my joy upon seeing DJ Tanner herself show up to the bridal shower! Haven't seen any of the three in a very long time and I definitely watched me some "Full House" and "Sister, Sister" back in the day, so it was great. I really like both Tia and Tamera so far. The fact that one is in her last trimester while the other is about to get married, yikes, I see why they're both stressed.

Edited by Becka, Aug 9, 2011 @ 12:45 AM.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 5:14 AM

I just watched the premiere as well, and I enjoyed it. I like that they, and their friends and family, seem so down to earth and real. It's refreshing to see some hollywood types, especially former child stars who actually have their shit together and managed to keep their sanity.

Lauza

Lauza

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 2:29 PM

So far I like this show, but something about Tia annoys the hell out of me. She seems bitchy as hell. I don't know if it's because she's pregnant but she seems quite unpleasant and self-centered.

mochamajesty

mochamajesty

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 8:32 PM

I like the show.

Where have I seen Tia's husband? Is he an actor? Tia was tripping about the maid/matron of honor. Call me sheltered, but I thought all weddings had a maid and a matron.

If Tamara is a size two, I am 18 again. Her fiance' is cute though.

Is the entire show about the wedding and pregnancy? I can't relate to either, so I am going to have a hard time staying interested.

Where is Taj?

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 10:50 PM

So far I like this show, but something about Tia annoys the hell out of me. She seems bitchy as hell. I don't know if it's because she's pregnant but she seems quite unpleasant and self-centered.

I don't think it's the pregnancy. But then, I tend to think that personality fluctuations during pregnancy are overstated, and some women use "pregnancy hormones" as an excuse to be OTT in their behavior. It's one thing to be tired all of the time, nauseous, forgetful etc. Being self-centered and kind of bitchy is a choice. Also, I think Tia overstated the success of The Game a bit.

I remember Cory from Lincoln Heights, but I'm sure he's done other things. He seems kind of young and immature, though. I'm surprised he's in his early thirties. He seemed more like a little brother, maybe boyfriend, than a husband.

Tamera seems sweet, but a size 2? I don't know.....but then Jennifer Hudson is supposedly a size zero, so I'm just all kinds of confused about women's sizes. Tamera is definitely slender, but it makes me wonder what the hell size women like Kerry Washington and Zoe Saldana are. Negative 4? Nevertheless, Tamera and Adam seem like a nice couple.

I like the show well enough, and I realize these shows are usually manufactured drama. Still, it just seems more obvious thus far. Like, some of the conflict between Tia and Tamera doesn't seem authentic.

inkworks

inkworks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 4:11 AM

Just caught this and will definitely watch again. I agree that Tia did seem a tad bitchy and selfish but to be honest I think that a lot of the conflict about Tia not being there to help Tamera with the wedding seemed to be staged. Although I think all the tears were real lol.

Tamera was always my favourite on Sister Sister and I think she'll be my favourite on this show as well. Her fiance seems like a nice guy and I love that fact that Tia's husband makes her laugh so hard that she actually pees herself :-)

Hailey

Hailey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 10:20 AM

I like the show well enough, and I realize these shows are usually manufactured drama. Still, it just seems more obvious thus far. Like, some of the conflict between Tia and Tamera doesn't seem authentic.

Exactly. Like you're going to fire your identical twin sister from your wedding party because she can't help you "at all" during the planning.

I'll still watch because I'm a sucker for reality shows like this. Hopefully it gets less staged.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 5:51 PM

I watched. I like the show because everyone on the show seems quite likable.

I thought the maid of honor thing was ridiculous since I thought if you wanted two people to stand up for you and one was married, you made one the matron and the other the maid. I can't believe this was never mentioned before this whole 'drama.' I don't see why that wasn't done from the get go considering a pregnant woman (generally) is not going to be doing all the stuff that is required of a maid or matron of honor. Having just been pregnant myself, keeping myself together was hard enough at times. Tia should've made the suggestion herself way back when. And she shouldn't have brought up her best friend wanting to be her maid of honor when she got married. It seems to me the BF shouldn't have been disappointed when Tia has a sister that she is obvious close to so it would make sense for Tamera to be her maid of honor.

Is Adam Tamera's fiancee and Tia's manager? I can believe people would be that ignorant with their comments on the internet. Then again, it's like WTF?

I've seen Cory on Lincoln Heights and wasn't impressed at all. Then again he was working with the actress who played the eldest daughter and I didn't think she could act. He was much better in Battle: Los Angeles.

I'm also a little suspect on the size 2 thing then again I'm terrible at the size thing. Plus, I think it depends on who you're wearing. I also agree that Tia overstated the success of The Game.

Judging from her reaction about workign 6 wks postpartum and the previews for the next show, Tia hasn't worked out during her pregnancy or at least not a lot. I was told over and over again, if you work out during the pregnancy, losing weight after is easier. We look about the same when I was in my 3rd trimester. I was back in prebaby shape pretty soon after. I worked out during and after my pregnancy. And I breastfeed.

Edited by nicepebbles, Aug 15, 2011 @ 4:06 PM.

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 7:40 PM

Is Adam Tamera's fiancee and Tia's manager?

I think that was another Adam? Tamera's Adam works for Fox News. I think. I remember them on Wendy Williams, and I thought Tamera said that he worked for Fox News, and his family owned a vineyard.

thedefinitive

thedefinitive

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 11, 2011 @ 12:40 PM

I grew up loving Tia and Tamera, and watched Sister Sister every weekday after school. I was super excited to watch this, but have to admit, it's bothering me how contrived it all seems. I guess I expected more from them. I wanted (and expected) actual reality...not "reality".

Sigh.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 4:21 PM

I think that was another Adam? Tamera's Adam works for Fox News.

Oh gawd. *side eye to Adam* I can't help it. I always have that reaction to Faux News.

I meant to say this in my other post: It looks and seems older than her. Not by a lot. That was just my initial reaction when I saw him.

Venee

Venee

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 5:14 PM

Tamera seems sweet, but a size 2? I don't know.....but then Jennifer Hudson is supposedly a size zero, so I'm just all kinds of confused about women's sizes. Tamera is definitely slender, but it makes me wonder what the hell size women like Kerry Washington and Zoe Saldana are. Negative 4? Nevertheless, Tamera and Adam seem like a nice couple.

I'm thinking if you saw her IRL she would be very tiny. I've heard these stars are usually far smaller in person than on TV. Sizes are also relative depending on the brand and designer. In womens I can wear a 0 to a 2, but I like shopping in Jrs and there I'm usually a 3-5. (in pants that is). You are right Kerry and Zoe in particular are quite skeletal, but not in an anorexic way (at least to me).
I love these girls though. They are child stars who have grown up beautifully and have a great deal of class. They prove it is not necessary to portray oneself as a moron for attention ,and to salvage a career!

Badgergrrl

Badgergrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 5:43 PM

And, the pricier the clothes, the smaller the number. If I go shopping at Nordstrom's, I'm a size 4, but at Kohl's, I'm an 8-10.
There is some psychology to that, though. If I try on pants and they're a size 2, I'm going to buy them, no matter what they cost. ;)

redrobin27

redrobin27

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

I meant to say this in my other post: It looks and seems older than her. Not by a lot. That was just my initial reaction when I saw him.

Your impression is correct (I had a similar one when I first saw wedding pictures). I believe he is in his late 30s, although I originally thought he was in his early 40s. Interesting how Tia married a man who could easily pass for a college student, while Tamera went the older route with her (now) husband.

Oh gawd. *side eye to Adam* I can't help it. I always have that reaction to Faux News.

Hee. I'm sure you're not alone. I wasn't that surprised, since my observation has been that "conservative" white men are more likely to date and marry black women than "progressive/liberals." Ironic, it is.

Of course, Adam could be liberal and work for Fox News. I doubt it, but anything is possible.

I'm thinking if you saw her IRL she would be very tiny. I've heard these stars are usually far smaller in person than on TV.

I have heard the same. It wasn't my intention to imply she was a big girl, she certainly isn't. But she looks healthy, and not like she tries too hard to fit into the Hollywood version of slim. Which is TINY, even on TV. And while I don't think Kerry Washington and Zoe Saldana look anorexic, I know the former admitted to an eating disorder, and I wondered about Zoe for a while there as well.

In any case, good points by all regarding the inconsistency of dress sizes.

Edited by redrobin27, Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:07 PM.

Tahitian Moon

Tahitian Moon

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

I finally saw it today and it was really good. They both have their own lives and seem really grounded for being child stars. I love The Game so seeing Tia's real life was cool. However, Tamara drove me bananas. I can't stand bridezillas and maid of honor business was too much. Your sister was in the hospital and you are flipping out because she might miss your shower. She needs to get some perspective. I will def. add this to the DVR schedule.

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 14, 2011 @ 7:36 PM

I finally got a chance to watch this today. I got the feeling that Tia isn't very comfortable sharing the spotlight (personal life-wise, not on TV) with Tamera and might be subconsciously sabotaging some things. It felt like she was putting Tamera's wedding down as not important as her pregnancy and I can't imagine being that heavily pregnant and handing over most of the duties but still wanting the title of maid of honor.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 4:11 PM

I didn't find Tamera to be a bridezilla at all. To me if she had been one, there would've been a screaming match on TV and no regard for Tia's feelings at all. I do know that perfectly sane women can become crazy during the wedding planning process. Tamera didn't strike me as the type even with her 'it's my day' statement.

I can see that with Tia, Babiicakes. Just speaking for myself, I was pregnant around the same time and some other family members. Because of the family dynamics on both sides (my side and Mr. Nice's side), I was a bit miffed as I wanted my time to shine by myself. Of course, I realized I was being ridiculous. When I admitted to Mr. Nice, he understood and didn't call me crazy.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 6:28 PM

I loves me some Tia and Tamera! I rolled my eyes at Tamera's "This is MY day...the only day that's for ME" because I hate when brides say that (as a recent bride myself I have never said that!). But then when I thought about it it's true for her. She doesn't even have her own birthday to herself, and grew up sharing a lot of things with her sister. So I give her a little slack for wanting her wedding to be special and about her. I even wish they had a little one day wedding special for her and Adam ala Nick and Vanessa. But she has to share her moments on tv with Tia too!

thedefinitive

thedefinitive

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 11:10 PM

I'm scared. Because I have always loved T&T, but this show is such a put-on drama that I'm actually a little upset. I want to keep loving them, but this show is making me annoyed and frustrated at their overly played out antics.

Good actors, they are.