Big Rich Texas: If Dallas Were a Reality Show

• Please log in to reply

294 replies to this topic

Cheri3

Cheri3

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 9:46 AM

I just had to figure out where Dr. Bon teaches and much to my surprise, the University of North Texas in Denton. She also lives in Denton, not in the Park Cities (euphanism for University Park and Highland Park-the rich cities in North Texas).

https://faculty.unt....d...&onlyview=1

Interesting. I guess she is the real deal but her daughter is a train wreck. Who has the "c" word tattooed on their foot?? And not cute..not pretty (tattoos notwithstanding).

As for the rest of the cast, my eyes are crossing and I'm just so annoyed. Once again..Dallas becomes the Jersey Shore of the Southwest. I'm sooooo proud---NOT! Self-righteous, sanctimonious women raising daughters in the same vein. And my heart just broke when I heard the reference to Mizzou. ::sigh:: I went to undergrad with girls like this...(ewwww)

I can't watch this show--and I can watch a lot of stuff. I didn't know where that country club was but knowing it's in Fort Worth area and not Park Cities/Dallas makes sense. I couldn't figure out the surrounding areas and I was just too lazy (or forgetful) to try to google it.

DrSparkles

DrSparkles

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 10:17 AM

Meanwhile, "adjunct" = part time. This is someone who didn't get a tenure-track position & is teaching a class or two a semester for a couple thousand dollars each. Or, teaches a class in addition to a FT job. Been there, done that.

DrSparkles

DrSparkles

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 7:38 PM

Jesus wept. Everything on this show is end-of-the-world dramatic. The murder myster at the CC? Can. Not. Happen. Could Pam BE a bigger bitch? Grotesque.

esearcher

esearcher

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2011 @ 7:17 AM

Whitney Whatley? Seriously? Is that her real name (I'm assuming Dr. Bon uses her maiden name)?
Also, those shirts! What a c*ntastrophe.

Edited by esearcher, Aug 11, 2011 @ 7:18 AM.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 6:22 PM

So Bonnie goes from Denton to East Fort Worth to a country club? Makes about as much sense as the others going from Dallas to E FW. I guess it is the only club that would agree to filming.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 6:23 PM

DP

Edited by wjcwm, Aug 12, 2011 @ 6:24 PM.

Trojangirldance

Trojangirldance

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 11:06 AM

There could have been just 3 in the division it was a very small prelim--not a "national". Also there are not that many older girls in glitz pageants and that was a glitz pageant. They announced the one girl (they all run together) as a novice which means she has won below a certain money amount so they may have been the only three in the novice division.

I agree that was a large age range--but if they were the only three the 13-15 and 16-19 divisions might have been combined. Some directors will say if there are not at least 3 contestants in each age division they will combine.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 14, 2011 @ 11:46 PM

So where's Kaitlyn's money from the pageants she's won? She should at least be able to buy herself a car.

She is way too rude to Leslie and a some serious discipline is in order. Someone needs to sit her down and explain that Tyler doesn't think of her as dating material and just get over it already.

BTW Pam if you have to keep saying you're fun, you're not fun!

ohnoyoudident

ohnoyoudident

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2011 @ 11:54 PM

Bonnie's married to Billy Ray Cyrus?

Kalyn is very ungrateful and should go back to her mother.

realitytvnut

realitytvnut

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 17, 2011 @ 9:14 AM

Kalyn may be the beast of reality TV. I've never seen bitchiness like this. Leslie should give her the big heave ho.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2011 @ 9:22 AM

I actually covered my eyes when Whitney and Kalyln were yelling at each other in the restaurant. Why didn't any of the parents seated at the table try to stop them? And Tyler??? He's a prize??? I don't understand.

DrSparkles

DrSparkles

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:13 PM

Kalyn: Bitch, is you crazy? That whole meltdown about her mom? I thought it was gonna come out that mama was on the meth, selling Kalyn's ass for cash, etc. And the big reveal is that her mom wanted to focus more on her own pagents? Bitch, please.
Whitney: Honey, you are not attractive.
Texas: please keep all of your people inside your borders from now on. Thanks.

Edited by DrSparkles, Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:14 PM.

Aariyona

Aariyona

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 17, 2011 @ 1:33 PM

Texas: please keep all of your people inside your borders from now on. Thanks.

Well, Bless Your Heart! I'd sign that petition after watching this train wreck.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:25 AM

I saw Whitney and her mother on TMZ the other night (yes, I know, TMZ). Anyway, they were showing off Whitney's lovely C tat.

Such class, such grace. Of course then her mother says she got Whitney's lips done in exchange for her getting rid of the nasty tattoo, but since now Whitney thinks her lips are deflated, she won't remove the tattoo. The camera man asks the question on everyone's mind "why would you get that tattoo". I can't remember her answer, but it wasn't anything worth remembering.

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

Leslie has no parental skills or Kalyn would not be as rude at her house as she is.
Pamela is the kind of person others learn real quick not to trust.

Whitney is one of the rudest ugliest girls on the show. Sad thing is she could be cute. She has a cute figure but is so busy tryng to shock people that she is just copying internet girls. Would love to see her dress and look in the most flattering way possible. She would be shocked at what she saw.

Nittany84

Nittany84

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2011 @ 8:17 PM

I can't believe Whitney thinks her little act is cute or edgy. She's not clever or pretty enough to be pulling this above-it-all shit. It's also quite sad the way a 23-year-old (right?) seems to be interested in screwing with younger girls, whether fighting with Kalyn or taunting the 15-year-old cheerleader and her team at the car wash.

Kalyn's and Whitney's mothers should be ashamed of themselves for raising such awful daughters. And Tyler is really not at all good-looking.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 2:33 AM

Tyler is okay, not anything that girls should fight over. Kalyn is a horrible actress, I think this is her role to play, and she is pathetic.

I think Whitney could have been very pretty, but she has blown any chance of being called pretty. She is now whorey, slutty and trashy looking, by her own choices. I bet at some point whether in the series or later she will be busted for doing or selling drugs. Maybe I am stereotyping, but I think it will happen. She is trying too hard to be rebellious, what is she rebelling from?

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 2:34 AM

Tyler is okay, not anything that girls should fight over. Kalyn is a horrible actress, I think this is her role to play, and she is pathetic.

I think Whitney could have been very pretty, but she has blown any chance of being called pretty. She is now whorey, slutty and trashy looking, by her own choices. I bet at some point whether in the series or later she will be busted for doing or selling drugs. Maybe I am stereotyping, but I think it will happen. She is trying too hard to be rebellious, what is she rebelling from?

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 2:36 AM

historylover

historylover

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 7:12 PM

Where do I begin with this trash fest?

Something tells me Kalyn is not being entirely forthright about her mother. I get the impression she is self-centered and when her mom found something she really wanted to do, Kalyn got her nose bent out of shape because she's no longer the center of attention.

The rest of the daughters seem normal, except Whitney. The best was when she said she was a lady. Really? Ladies don't tatoo "C U Next Tuesday" on their foot, look like a hooker, wear makeup like a clown, give the finger at social occasions, swear in public, honk their horn so their dates come running, and hang on their dates like a clinging vine. Lady? Anything BUT!

And that apple didn't fall far from the tree! Bonnie is as ill-mannered as her daughter.

I know not to judge an entire state for shows like this, but given a choice I'd rather watch re-runs of Dallas than this. Only I will watch, because it is too fun to snark!

Becka

Becka

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 12:08 AM

Pam has absolutely no class or manners. I'm no Leslie fan but it was sick how gleeful Pam was about inviting someone into her home with the express purpose of ridiculing and humiliating them. I was wondering how Pam's husband could stand to be married to her but now I see; he's an asshole just like her! Maybe (okay, probably) Leslie is a lying wannabe, maybe not but people with tact and class do not treat someone the way Pam and her friends did at Pam's party. Leslie came off much better in that whole scene.

I don't understand anything about Bonnie. Whitney is still gross.

Kaylin and Leslie have only known each other for 5 years? How exactly is she her godmother then? They have one messed up dynamic. Kaylin needs to quit with the fake eyelashes! Who wears those daily, especially at 18?!

Melissa is nuts. Her daughter is likely to rebel with reckless abandon when she hits college because Melissa won't let her go AT ALL!

Edited by Becka, Aug 29, 2011 @ 12:52 AM.

EmeraldRose

EmeraldRose

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 12:20 AM

Leslie obviously is embellishing the truth about her real estate holdings, but I haven't quite figured out to what extent. Haven't been able to find any dirt on her through google. There would surely be some by now.

So.....hmmmmmm?!!??!

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 2:51 AM

Did you know the Anteater has a store with shirts?

Wow, those shirts are just LOVELY

These people are a living example of the phrase "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

I love that the tiara shirt is grammatically incorrect. It just seems so fitting that someone who thinks she's so clever is selling a shirt that makes me want to mark it up with a red pen.

fuzzybear

fuzzybear

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 5:09 PM

Kayln is a brat, but OMG I can't stand Leslie! She is so smug and pleased with herself over every stupid thing that comes out of her mouth. I'd smack somebody that constantly told me what I could eat and told me I deserved to be called fat in public, so I think Kayln has shown restraint. But then I spend a lot of time wanting to smack Leslie. Most of this episode in fact. They way she paraded her relationship with AJ all over town (when even he asked her to chill it and she continued to maul him in public) and then blamed a teenager for not lying for her! Grow the hell up, nobody had to tell the management anything. You were practically sitting in his lap and then you were caught kissing him on the golf course! Stupid, stupid woman.

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 7:57 PM

I agree Pam has no class and is doing everything she can to make Hannah just like her. I can see Hannah being a mean girl in school. She is not pretty and is a little overweight. Plus she has her mom's attitude.

She should try to be better than her mom instead of just like her.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

Pam has absolutely no class or manners. I'm no Leslie fan but it was sick how gleeful Pam was about inviting someone into her home with the express purpose of ridiculing and humiliating them. I was wondering how Pam's husband could stand to be married to her but now I see; he's an asshole just like her! Maybe (okay, probably) Leslie is a lying wannabe, maybe not but people with tact and class do not treat someone the way Pam and her friends did at Pam's party. Leslie came off much better in that whole scene

I co-sign this! Pam is the most rude individual I have seen on tv in a long time. America, I promise you that not all Dallasites behave this way. I am Hispanic, and while I don't speak Spanish very well, I do know that speaking the language amongst a group of people who most likely don't speak the language, is rude. Whispering to another individual while in a group is also considered rude--in any language. Attacking an invited guest in your home is rude. Inquiring about one's income is rude. Pam may have the money and the zip code, but she has ZERO class.

historylover

historylover

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 10:38 PM

Pam is a fame whore. Pure and simple. The woman is just dying to be on TV. Dallas Divas and Daughters was just the start. Is anyone REALLY friends with her, or just "friends" who are too chicken shit to stand up to her?

Her daughter seems normal enough, though, despite the odd personality of her mother.

Can anyone explain to me why Pam seems to have so much pull? Is it just because she's a mean girl bully, or is there something else?

I agree....speaking a foreign language in front of your guest who do not understand is not only rude, but classless. Chalk one up on the "tacky book".

Edited by historylover, Aug 29, 2011 @ 10:40 PM.

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 6:57 PM

Leslie should have sent Kaylyn home a long time ago. She comes across as bratty and a trouble maker. Leslie is not much better but Kaylyn would risk getting someone fired just to hurt Leslie.

Pam is the most classless person I have ever seen on these shows. She can not even fake having class and none of the kids have class

fuzzybear

fuzzybear

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 11:10 PM

Leslie should have sent Kaylyn home a long time ago. She comes across as bratty and a trouble maker. Leslie is not much better but Kaylyn would risk getting someone fired just to hurt Leslie.

Ehh, sorry no. i can not fell sorry for Leslie. She was the one putting the golf pro's job in jeopardy and she should be old enough to own up to that. If Kaylen is to be believed (and I know that's I big if, but I don't trust Leslie either and no one is disputing Kaylen yet so I'll just go with it) the manager came to her sand asked her a question and she told him the truth. Anyway, I don't think Leslie was upset because somebody's job was in danger or because Kaylen exaggerated, she was upset because when push came to shove Golf Boy picked his job and kicked her to the curb. She's mad because she got dumped and she's blaming a teenager instead of facing up to the fact that he just didn't like her that much. Leslie and Golf Boy are both adults and they got caught. Suck it up like the rest of us grown ups.

Can't stand Kaylen, but i HATE Leslie.

Becka

Becka

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2011 @ 12:44 AM

Whitney is the most immature 23 year old I've ever seen. It makes me ill that she can just go get a gun like that! This episode was an ad in favor of stricter gun control laws. At the very least there should be a minimum IQ requirement!