Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2011 @ 8:26 PM

C'mon, it's not just me...

Shella

Shella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2011 @ 8:35 PM

Nope not just you.

At first I didn't get the "See You Next Tuesday" comment on the tattoo - I thought why would they blur that out, and that tat is wayy to small for all that. THEN, I got it.

I can't believe Botox Bonnie is a PhD. No wait, maybe I can. She's the super smart type would would rather play dumb to get a guy. Right.

MamaDoc

MamaDoc

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 19, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

So glad someone started a forum for this show...I just really need to comment on a couple of things.

First, I grew up in Dallas, and that country club is not really exclusive. There are WAY more exclusive clubs here that wouldn't dream of featuring their members on a reality show. Second, the club is in Fort Worth, not Dallas. There's a world of difference. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pamela in another reality show called Dallas Divas and Daughters? She was a bully there too. If I remember correctly, she pulled the same schtick there too: she claims to be a proper lady, but then she does the same thing that others do (flipping people off on a regular basis). And her comment about "keep your balls in your pants" shows how low-rent she really is.

Second, about Botox Bonnie and her PhD...I just got my PhD last year and I can tell you it isn't just about being smart. There are many smart people who start their grad school programs and don't finish because (for whatever reason, valid or not) they don't finish the work. This is especially true when it comes to doing independent dissertation work when the classes and related schedules are over. I knew someone like Bonnie in school: smart, but also tall, blonde, heavily made up, and gingantic boobs. People couldn't get past her appearance and didn't believe she was working towards her PhD. She showed them: she put in the hours of research and work and finished. And I agree with Bonnie that once you earn it, you have a right to get people to address you as Dr. if you wish. I only make my students call me Dr. but I feel I've earned the right do so. I think that Bonnie wants to be a combination of intelligent and somewhat hot in a tacky kind of way. I looked her up and she teaches at one of the larger universities in the area, so from my perspective, I don't think she's a slacker.

I'll definitely be tuning in to the rest of the season, but only because this is sure to be a train wreck.

Shella

Shella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 8:01 AM

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pamela in another reality show called Dallas Divas and Daughters?

I think you might be right. She did look kinda familiar.

I work around lots of PhD folk in the hard sciences (Bio, Chem, Physics), and there are a lot of PhD students doing their research here too, so I see how much work goes into getting that kind of degree. However, I'm in the Northeast and I can't say that there's any of her types (blond, made-up to the nines, etc.) round here. Even though I don't have a PhD (stopped at my master's even though the school was trying desperately to get me to stay on), I see guys minds just turn off when they find out what I do. I would never "play dumb" to snag a guy, but that doesn't mean other people aren't willing (Bonnie, for example).

Kittenrescue

Kittenrescue

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pamela in another reality show called Dallas Divas and Daughters?

Yes - that was her - and it's also the same other mother & daughter combos from that show. I DVR'd this show, but erased it right after watching the credits because I realized it's apparently just Dallas Divas and Daughters with a new title.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

I think Pamela and her daughter are the only two from DD&D. Pamela is still a bitch.

Candy Moocher

Candy Moocher

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 7:01 PM

Pamela looks like her husband's mom. Someone should tell her that Dynasty is over. Botox Bonnie and her daughter are pretty trashy, PhD or not. The new lady is pretty two-faced. She's basically talked about everyone behind their back already. The tall one that used to be a model seems to be the one with a corn cobb stuck up her butt.

ETA: Does Bonnie have x-ray vision? How did she know what was in her daughter's purse? That really came out of left field, and that whole scene seemed really scripted and fake.

Edited by Candy Moocher, Jul 20, 2011 @ 7:04 PM.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 7:22 PM

No one from Dallas would go to Woodhaven Country Club, unless maybe they couldn't get into a Dallas club. It isn't even on the radar of country clubs in Fort Worth (where it is located).

The Club has just been bought and presumably they want the exposure, so I guess these women were given gratis memberships.

Sleepyhead Case

Sleepyhead Case

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 8:01 PM

So the country club isn't that great in people's eyes, wjcwm? I don't know how the other half lives. I just thought the rules and sponsorships are hard core.

Oh and nothing says class like tattooing the C word on your foot. I liked the artist who said, "Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten that."

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 8:51 PM

So the country club isn't that great in people's eyes, wjcwm? I don't know how the other half lives. I just thought the rules and sponsorships are hard core.

It is a comfortable place for people who live in the few nice parts of town around there, perfectly nice. No one is going to drive 40 minutes to go there unless they were members before they had to move to Dallas or something.

There is no problem getting in unless you are Casey Anthony or O.J. Simpson. There is no waiting list.

Highland Park is a city within Dallas, and the property prices are very high dollar. The school system is one of the best in the USA, it is very exclusive, and I doubt there is one resident there who is a member of Woodhaven CC.

Jennionthefarm

Jennionthefarm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2011 @ 11:01 PM

This show has to be completely scripted, it is ridiculous. And how awful for the poor girls to be talking about condoms and sex with their moms on national television. Was there any woman who wasn't totally pathetic?

Bonnie may be a nice woman but her daughter is 100% white trash. You don't need to belong to a country club to know that people who do join one do so in order to not be around people like Bonnie's daughter. She looks like a carnie.

JennDear

JennDear

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 10:15 AM

I don't get why Bonnie and her daughterWANT to join a country club other than they're being paid to do it by Lifetime.

None of the women like each other and that is not fun to watch. This is Bad Girls Club in Texas and it's really boring.

Bonnie's daughter=what the cat dragged in.

Arenal

Arenal

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2011 @ 5:23 PM

Despite the pretensions of these folks, they're just Jersey Shore with McMansions and no ocean.

I was shocked to learn Whitney is 23. She was hanging out with the 16 y.o girls, and seemed to have the level of maturity.

Ridiculously over the top and scripted. Also, very very white (though I caught a quick glimpse of a single AA woman at the gala-that-wasn't-so-gala.

MrsSea

MrsSea

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2011 @ 5:33 PM

So this is picking up where that other Texas Wives reality show left off?

Fawn Leibowitz

Fawn Leibowitz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 1:12 PM

I was entertained by last night's pagent episode. I loved how Connie (?) noticed that every single girl in the pagent got some sort of title and crown. I know that this show is likely completely fake, but did Hannah really have her driver bring her from University of Missouri to Dallas/Ft Worth? He was only supposed to bring her to the airport? That had to have been crazy expensive!

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 2:14 PM

The whole pageant thing was riculous. First the quick diet was not healthy even if they never discussed foods. To lose 5 to 7 lbs in a week, is just not healthy. Plus, these girls may have had beautiful dresses, but so far none of the girls on the show are beautiful.

As a teen, I would be embarrassed to have Pamela for a mother.

LoldSeriousd

LoldSeriousd

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 31, 2011 @ 11:10 AM

A few things:

- Maddy looks really different from her sister Serena Van Der Woodsen. Probably because they have different dads.

- Are Bonnie and Whitney a bootleg Rory and Lorelei? I just want the Gilmore grandparents to show up and put the Northeastern smackdown on these women.

- How old *is* Bonnie and where is she a professor? Where is she getting all that money?

- Grace's favorite person is Donald Trump. She's counting down the days until she can be on the apprentice. I, on the other hand, feel the need to watch election now.

- Leslie is a model? Oh, girl, no. She looks older than she actually is because of the work.

- The beauty pageant was so low rent for so many reasons:
1. That dance portion was bs. There's a dance portion AND a talent portion? Only if you're, like, a toddler.
2. If Leslie's daughter was really that top-tier she'd have separate coaches for talent.
3. You can't win overall without winning your division. I know that from watching the Westminster Dog Show.
4. Oh, so we're not going to do the interview portion? I did a pageant once when I was in middle school and, even though it was a crappy pageant it did have interviews before during prelims and a question during the pageant.
5. Everything else.

- Can we talk about that American--er--Neiman Marcus Gothic painting?

- Instead of driving 10 hours it would have been cheaper and faster just to get on another flight. You know she has her parents credit card and you know she didn't actually drive 10 hours in a hired car.

- Bonnie should send Whitney to live with Pam(?) For a while.

- I can only imagine with the REAL Housewives of Highland Park are saying about these women.

Tamatchka

Tamatchka

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2011 @ 8:26 PM

Yeah, the pageant was a Toddlers & Tiaras version, where the Supreme Deluxe with a Cherry on Top Winner has nothing to do with much, aside from the pull of their coach/how much money they spend. They just happened to show the older girls. (Were there really just the three in that age group?)

Candy Moocher

Candy Moocher

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2011 @ 10:18 PM

Bonnie's daughter is the ugliest, stupidest thing. Seriously. I need to see a birth certificate because that bitch is not the age she says she is. /Trump

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 1:14 AM

Pam is a complete bitch. The way she interrupted Lesley and the yoga instructor was so unecessary. The recreation committee...really. She needs to get over herself and the other ladies need to stop kissing her ass.

Whitney is trash and she looks an anteater with blond hair.

LoldSeriousd

LoldSeriousd

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 2:21 PM

They just happened to show the older girls. (Were there really just the three in that age group?)

13-18 is a pretty large age range for a pageant. My own experience and some Googling about tells me that 14 or 15 is the lowest age range for pageants. And 19 is typically the upper limit, since many high school seniors are 19.

Whitney is trash and she looks an anteater with blond hair.

I emitted a chuckle at this one. A scene from an upcoming episode of Big Rich Forest.

Anteater Whitney: If I go to class, you're going to buy me a snout job.
Anteater Bonnie: Let's ask what others think. Sir, do you think my daughter needs a snout job?
Sir Anteater: We have long snouts because we need to store our long tongue in there so that we can eat ants. Because, you know, we're anteaters.
Anteater Whitney: Whatever. I always get my way and my mom can buy me some ants.

An hour later.

Anteater Bonnie: We compromised. I let her get a fur weave and snout-tox instead. I just care that she goes to class.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 8:00 PM

Who the hell takes mace on a vacation? First of all nice misdirect as you'd never be able to get that on a plane but to even suggest it's necessary is just ignorant.

Didn't Whitney do one season of Bad Girls Club? Or is that skanky goth, over-tatted look just de riguer for the white trash set?

Elliot52

Elliot52

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 8:53 PM

http://www.smgmodels...hp?modelid=0262

Leslie is from Seattle, she has been in other Reality Shows. Looking for her 15 mins of fame. I think she was in a repeat Millionaire Matchmaker earlier today.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2011 @ 10:10 AM

Pam is a complete bitch. The way she interrupted Lesley and the yoga instructor was so unecessary. The recreation committee...really. She needs to get over herself and the other ladies need to stop kissing her ass.

Well, sure. Just tell the script-writer for the show to make her less bitchy if they somehow get a second season!

I guess as broad types these people are probably blurry approximations of who they wind up being on this show. But its hard to be sure of the reality of anything about the people who appear on a show like this, other than the assurance that they're all famewhores.

You know, first time I saw the name of this show I was "hey, is this a Reality show about Big & Rich?" Frankly, that would have been better (not much though).

LoldSeriousd

LoldSeriousd

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 3, 2011 @ 12:18 AM

Bonnie's website:

http://bonblossman.com/bio

Did you know the Anteater has a store with shirts?

http://whitsworld.spreadshirt.com/

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 3, 2011 @ 7:02 AM

Wow, those shirts are just LOVELY

la llorona

la llorona

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 3, 2011 @ 6:46 PM

Did you know the Anteater has a store with shirts?

Wow, those shirts are just LOVELY

These people are a living example of the phrase "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

BrahmaGirl

BrahmaGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

Bonnie's bio page is the most bizarre compendium of ridiculous facts that I've ever seen. Recording artist? Claymation videos? Standup comedy course? And that book cover!!

I'm at a complete loss for words on the shirts.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 10:35 PM

Well, sure. Just tell the script-writer for the show to make her less bitchy if they somehow get a second season!

THIS!

Did you see the woman clutch her purse when Bonnie and the gang were shopping for outfits? HA!

I loved Maddie standing up to her mom. She made a really good argument without being a brat--big points for that.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 11:46 PM

Melissa is not a size 4 or whatever. With those linebacker shoulders and her 36DD's she is not model size.

I don't blame Connie for being insulted at Dr. Adelglass's home when they ganged up on her and told her she needed plastic surgery. I would run screaming in the night from that Dr., he gives me the creeps.

Whitney is an OD waiting to happen.