19-7: "Ashley and the Remaining Men Go to Taiwan" 2011.07.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

193 replies to this topic

Wolfie65

Wolfie65

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2011 @ 7:39 AM

Assuming Ben and the Ashster hooked up after he showed her how macho he can be on a Hawg, erm, Vespa, that might make Signor Vino the front runner. Unless he takes exception to his (obviously superior) wine being compared to the local monkey's blood....
I think the poster who caught on to Ames' preppiness is onto something. He just seems cultured and aware enough to understand that being forced to wear pink boxer shorts on a TV show doesn't make anyone 'gay'. I'd rather worry about the guys who find any particular color or outfit a 'threat to their manhood' or something........

wordperson

wordperson

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2011 @ 9:48 AM

I think Ben is more likely than Ryan to return as the next bachelor. They would play up that wine thing and perhaps pull the old switcheroo with Rafael Nadal, just like Brad did with his brother.

That's funny. Or they could pull a switcheroo with Constantine.

mommaoftande

mommaoftande

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2011 @ 1:43 PM

Really what did we learn from Emily's segment at the end??? She really said nothing.

I think this is the most boring season of bachlorette ever. Ashley is soooooo insecure.

Myguiltypleasur

Myguiltypleasur

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 15, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

Love Ames for his wittiness and thoughtfulness and intelligence. I agree his attire is sometimes "different", but I was not aware of Nantucket Red, so I learned something new. Also, I wonder if Ames thought that episode might be aired on July 4 (it would have been if they showed a new episode) - red pants, blue jacket, white shirt.

I don't think Ashley is right for Ames, and I don't think Ames is right for The Bachelor, but I would love to see him on t.v. in another capacity. Maybe a reality show about his and Jackie's courtship?

tvdrew

tvdrew

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2011 @ 7:25 PM

I don't think Ashley is right for Ames, and I don't think Ames is right for The Bachelor, but I would love to see him on t.v. in another capacity. Maybe a reality show about his and Jackie's courtship?

Maybe just a reality show about Ames being Ames.

He really should have gone on the Amazing Race.

tadasana

tadasana

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2011 @ 2:07 AM

OMG, Did Ashley really greet people in the village saying "Meow" instead of "ni hao"?

Myguiltypleasur

Myguiltypleasur

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 16, 2011 @ 6:01 AM

Ames on the Amazing Race would be perfect! Of course, he'd have to be paired with a woman, so we can vicariously enjoy his charm and manners.

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

Or Ben and Constantine on Amazing Race!!! I'd watch that!

wordperson

wordperson

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 17, 2011 @ 4:40 PM

OMG, Did Ashley really greet people in the village saying "Meow" instead of "ni hao"?

I cringed at that too. I don't speak Mandarin, but my son took it in school for a few years and even I know how off that was.

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2011 @ 6:14 PM

I agree that Ames would be a great "TAR" contestant! The sad thing is that since "TAR" is a CBS show, I doubt any "Bachelor/ette" contestants will ever be allowed on. They'll have to content themselves with "Dancing with the Stars." "TAR" can only draw from "Big Brother" and "Survivor." CBS wouldn't want to risk being seen as promoting a show on a rival network.

Shant

Shant

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2011 @ 9:50 PM

I cringed at that too. I don't speak Mandarin, but my son took it in school for a few years and even I know how off that was.

It's Mandarin. I highly doubt that she had much cause to speak it growing up on the East Coast of the U.S. I think she can be cut some slack for not knowing how to pronounce a word in a language she may have never heard before, let alone had the opportunity to speak. At least she tried.

Edited by Shant, Jul 17, 2011 @ 9:51 PM.

Jill

Jill

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

I had to laugh at her mispronunciation, but to be honest before my kids started watching Kai Lan on TV, I am not sure I could have picked up the correct pronunciation from one conversation either.

Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2011 @ 6:33 PM

I mentioned way up thread that Ames looks like a cartoon Harry Connick Jr.

Then someone said he looked like a Simpson character.

That's it - Ames looks like he's be Simpsonized!!

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2011 @ 12:55 PM

I agree that Ames would be a great "TAR" contestant! The sad thing is that since "TAR" is a CBS show, I doubt any "Bachelor/ette" contestants will ever be allowed on. They'll have to content themselves with "Dancing with the Stars."

This is a cross-over I could get on board with, Ames on "Dancing With The Stars". Can you imagine him in a nice suit, elegantly partnering a lucky lady across the dance floor? It would totally make up for Kate Gosselin (aka the "star" that made me stop watching DWTS).