19-7: "Ashley and the Remaining Men Go to Taiwan" 2011.07.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

193 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

Ashley can't entertain us for more than an hour and a half, so Fleiss brings in a ringer.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

How does Chris keep a straight face? During his interview with Emily I would be cracking up. And I like how she said she was sorry she took so long to to tell everyone. Maybe because they are under contract and can't reveal it until the new season on? Just like with Jake. They time these breakups to so they can interview then during the new season. And I really don't think any of these people really fall in love. It's a fantasy plus with them....the age difference was to much.

redvelvet

redvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Emily tried to give the impression that she was crying at various points in the interview, but did she ever shed any actual tears?

luvbadTV

luvbadTV

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Emily, you know, annoys me.

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

Wow, I really felt bad for Ryan. Ironically, I liked him much better as a vulnerable human being than as Mr. Sunshine. His exit was heartbreaking, especially with the vulture cameramen in his face. I actually think he would make a good Bachelor - much better than Ames.

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

Wow that was the fakiest fake Azz two hours of TV ever! From Ryan attempting to pull a "Pavelka", not convincingly, to Emily trying to act sweet to convince people she is not the little viper that show up and tried to take Brad's manhood on the after the rose show. Not buying it sweetheart!

Edited by TiredMe, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:12 PM.

commentator

commentator

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

Constantine and Ben look so much alike. But they both look like they need a shower and haircut. I’m surprised they’re still around, but . . . whatever. Ames is probably a nice guy and a great catch, but he likes like a figure in a wax museum.

I liked Ryan, but Ashley wasn't feeling it. I never understood what the other guys had against him.

Yikes. Lost count of the times Emily said “you know”. Annoying. Having her on was a waste of time. So she and Brad are still friends and they talk and she'll always be there for him, you know.. Great. Go home to Ricki, Emily.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:13 PM

I got a lot of work done w/ the show as background noise. Ryan did get major next Bachelor edit today. Whoever she ends up with, seems like JP, I just don't see it working out. Don't know why they thought Emily would make this any less boring than the 1.5 h of Ashley. Emily is a really bad actor, I didn't buy any of her "heartbreak" over the failed relationship with Brad. I think I'd die of alcohol poisoning if I had a drink everytime Emily says "you know", she's so annoying and fake. I was expecting her to be named the next B'ette and am glad that didn't happen, forget the alcohol, she'd just bore me to death.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

A few random things about the episode:

Did Ben come back from his date with a small suitcase?!?!?! And was there any indication of what happened/why he was gone over night. I saw them kissing after dinnner. If I was JP, I'd be pissed,too. It's not the overnight dates yet.

And speaking of pissed..... best scene in the show: at the end near the credits: Ashley and Constantine sit down and a random dog comes by and pisses on their love lantern, LOL!

Felt bad for Ryan, but he was over invested considering that was their first 1-1 date and she'd already had 2 dates with JP, Ben and Constantine.

eta: I keep reading about Emily perhaps being the next Bachelorette...but that show doesn't start filming again until around March. No way TPTB are going to commit to a Bachelorette when the next season of the Bachelor hasn't been shown yet. By then, there may be a newer "star" to feature. Emily could be old news by then.

Edited by torreador, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:19 PM.

lids

lids

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

Can somebody get Emily a tissue? She was doing that sniffling thing throughout the interview. Oh and I will never forgive her for that dot, dot, dot reference.

Also, when she said no one was more disappointed than she was that she and Brad had broken up, I thought to myself, "Yeah, we're not that disappointed because we didn't really care."

This was the first episode where I thought that Ryan might be gay. Psychologists always talk about men who are in denial that they are gay and how they put on a show of what they think heterosexual men act like in relationships. That's what it seemed like Ryan was doing. Like he was trying to muster up some emotion for someone he really could care less about. Nothing about his reaction to Ashley saying she didn't feel it seemed real even though he was saying, "I am shocked. Just shocked and devastated."

ETA - As soon as Ashley said that Constantine was physically her exact type and she likes the way he holds back emotions with her, I knew he was stovetop stuffing STAYING. Can you say, "Bentley Part Deux!"

Edited by lids, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:21 PM.

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

I can't figure out what is most annoying to me:

The men have not only stopped shaving, several of them looked tonight like they stopped showering. I think this is a really nice group of men, but they put no effort into their appearance. JP showed up in Taiwan in a white undershirt? Ben and Constantine looked like they didn't bother to comb their hair? They couldn't be bothered to look well-groomed?

Ashley's mammer of dress and grooming is unbearably desperate: The tons of makeup, ridiculous false eyelashes, the extremely short skirts -- often paired with ridicuously high shoes. everything she wears either screams "look at my legs!" or "look at my butt!" So many of those skirts have been so short I bet the camera crew has seen her underwear dozens of times. There is no way she can go from standing to sitting or vice-versa without seriously flashing everyone around her.

Ashley's insistence on acting like a little girl or otherwise demeaning herself: urging the men to pick her up or carry her piggyback... talking about how the men make her feel "safe" or "secure" or "protected"... tonight she started some Jillian-like squealing while on the moped... and of course the choreography back on the Jabbawockeez (sp?) episode which include one of the dancers smacking her on the butt to the sound of a cracking whip.

I actually think Ashley has a lot going for her in the looks, brains, and career departments, and could have made quite a confident and interesting bachelorette. So it's especially cringe-worthy to see her acting so desperate and little-girlish on all these dates.

ETA: Commentator, you and I were typing some of the same comments at the same time!

Edited by garden, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:25 PM.

Kellis

Kellis

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:22 PM

WOW- I just could not focus on that snooze of an interview with Emily because I was far too distracted by her FACE! WTF? Extra botox and God knows what but it did not look 'natural' for a 25 year old.

nyclovinggirl

nyclovinggirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:25 PM

I don't think Ryan is gay. I don't get the vibe from him at all. I do think he's spent a lot of time being the pretty boy and now he's ready to settle down no one wants him for him. I felt bad for him.

Ben/Constantine... I don't get it at all

JP is so obvious the guy it's no fun to watch

Emily was so fake I couldn't stand it. She had no intention of leaving Charlotte. She's looking for the next big meal ticket and Brad was not it. People were over them pretty quickly. And there is not a chance in hell people confuse her with taylor swift lol and Ricki probably doesn't believe her either.

MsSweatpants

MsSweatpants

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:26 PM

Was never a Ryan fan at all, especially not after his "happy dance" when William was sent home. Still, I felt a WEE bit bad for him. No one wants to be lonely. He looked positively dumbfounded that she wouldn't be going to meet his family.

Mr. Sweatpants said it was just like the Simpsons episode when Lisa spurns Ralph's affections on the Krusty show, and Bart says, "You can actually pinpoint the exact second when his heart rips in two!"

I do actually think it was a bit unfair that he hadn't had a one-on-one date, while the other guys all had at least two. (Did anyone have three?) Then she expected to have some "spark" or whatever, when she's barely spent any time with him. If she was so convinced that he's the perfect guy, then why didn't he get a date sooner in the "journey," so to speak?

The men have not only stopped shaving, several of them looked tonight like they stopped showering. I think this is a really nice group of men, but they put no effort into their appearance. Ben and Constantine looked like they didn't bother to comb their hair?

Did they ever? ;) Not a fan of the shaggy look, myself.

Roundtheworld

Roundtheworld

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:26 PM

Did Ben come back from his date with a small suitcase?!?!?! And was there any indication of what happened/why he was gone over night. I saw them kissing after dinnner. If I was JP, I'd be pissed,too. It's not the overnight dates yet.

I think I heard him say that they were in different rooms. I'm thinking that perhaps their date was in a far away location and told him to pack an overnight bag. I'd still be pissed if I were the other guys though.

JP, you're my bachelor crush here, but did I here you tell Ames that you thought Lucas would be getting the rose instead of him? Not very nice dude.

I can't believe Emily said that there had been a dot dot dot ... uugghh - she and Bentley may have been perfect for each other. I think that what Brad always saw as her 'poise' is the only way she can interact without every word being um and you know. For someone with her horrible tragedy history, I sort of feel like she'd figure out a bit differently how to look at this besides heartbreaking, most terrible thing.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

I don't know who I think Ashley has less chemistry with: Ryan or Constantine. It' unusual to see conversation that stilted on TV.

... that is, unless you have both Ashley and Emily on TV in one night.

Emily, your voice breaking does not make me think you are interesting, or legitimately upset. You went from smiling and hugging Chris to fake crying in less than half a second. Hard to believe. Even with the fun of watching Emily fake cry (badly), that was the most boring segment in the history of this show.

Ames at 15 was the most ridiculously adorkable mini-Ames I could have imagined. I'm so glad he brought those photos. Pretty cute.

JP saying to Ames, "I've got to be honest, man, I did not see that happening" made me kind of hate him.

nopqrs2011

nopqrs2011

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

a take-our-wedding-pictures date? who comes up with these idiot ideas? if the idea was ashley's well never mind what that would say about her. however all in all a much kinder edit for ashley this week although they still let comments like "JP is feeling the pressure because he's the one in the tux..." slip.

wow i did not expect that much emotion from ryan. the expression on his face, wow i did not expect to feel so bad for him but i did because it was so raw. however, like the guy on "the soup" says there are 24 winners on this show, all the ones who go home. so cheer up ryan, i still am of the opinion that you dodged a bullet. kinder editing not withstanding, this girl does not seem emotionally ready to have a healthy relationship. not a bad person by any means but still way too needy and insecure to be a healthy partner. JMO

mamiesan

mamiesan

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Ryan just auditioned to be the next Bachelor with his "heartbroken" performance. I know he was trying to conjur up tears, but his eyes were as dry as the Sahara. Much like Emily's.

Quickbeam

Quickbeam

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

I did not see last season but I think Emily is lovely despite the 3 tons of eye makeup. Wish she'd wash it all off and get rid of the trailer trash/hooker outfit. She'd look her age.

I really do not like the pixie/barnacle act of smallish women who like getting picked up or carried. They aren't lap dogs. I find it infantilizing.

I still can't tell Ben and Constantine apart except when I remind myself that C is Greek. I have to look really hard, tho. Ames has won me over with his stiff earnestness. And I liked Lucas more as he left than I did the entire show.

Edited by Quickbeam, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:33 PM.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:34 PM

JP, you're my bachelor crush here, but did I here you tell Ames that you thought Lucas would be getting the rose instead of him? Not very nice dude.

Yeah, I didn't like that comment. But have they shown anything else like that...either it's a one off because he was so tense this week OR there have been others, but it's just the first one they've shown for whatever reason. I checked out JP's profile (and I have totally been loving JP before this), and he described himself thus: "Rosenbaum says his three worst attributes are being stubborn, getting frustrated easily when things don’t go his way, and admits to a lack of patience." None of which are good attributes and definitely showing in this episode.

nyclovinggirl

nyclovinggirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:34 PM

Did I hear them right when they said they would be auditioning for the final bachelor?

CindyBee

CindyBee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:39 PM

Did I hear them right when they said they would be auditioning for the final bachelor?

No, it was the final casting call for the upcoming season of Bachelor. They have been going around the country to various bars, to have girls come and audition. The last one for the new season with I guess Ryan as the Bachelor is coming up.

MsSweatpants

MsSweatpants

Couch Potato

I know!! I thought to myself, "Well, who did he think was leaving?!"

I have been a huge JP fan since the start, and I do think he'll win, but I kind of wanted to slap him tonight. Dude, you're competing for someone who's having a "relationship" with five, six, seven other guys at the same time. Yeah, she'll be meeting your family... and the families of three other guys. Quit bitching about her kissing/hugging/dating other guys. You knew what the show was when you signed up.

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

I thought letting Ryan go on a date that was not supposed to include the possibility of the man going home was especially cruel. It may have been TPTB's idea to spring a surprise, but it was mean of Ashley to go along with it. What would it have hurt her to wait one extra day and let him go home at the rose ceremony along with the other man she did not choose?

Edited by garden, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:41 PM.

MaxSkellington

MaxSkellington

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

I thought letting Ryan go on a date that was not supposed to include the possibility of the man going home was especially cruel. It may have been TPTB's idea to spring a surprise, but it was mean of Ashley to go along with it. What would it have hurt her to wait one extra day and let him go home at the rose ceremony along with the other man she did not choose?

Agreed. What bothered me the most about this was how he was so at peace...finally could sleep that night....no pressure...and then BAM.

Ashley could have cut him free the next day, and saved him the painful blindside.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:49 PM

WOW- I just could not focus on that snooze of an interview with Emily because I was far too distracted by her FACE! WTF? Extra botox and God knows what but it did not look 'natural' for a 25 year old.

She's only 25?!?

Is "dot dot dot" going to become the next "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever"?

Ha, I loved the dog peeing on the love lantern!

rivermet

rivermet

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:51 PM

I could only take a few minutes of Emily before I switched. I do note that she seems to have reverted back to her pageant self. On the ATFR she had softened her makeup, went with sleeker hair. But now we are back to big hair and tons of eye shadow.

I have not like Ryan at all this season. His happiness seems very fake at times. Having said that I can't believe Ashley agreed to kick him off on what was supposed to be a relaxing, no pressure-date. I found it cruel. He was not prepared for it in the least, like he would be on a cocktail night. It was like she wanted to sucker punch him.

I figured Lucas was the other one. I'll give Ashley this - she didn't focus solely on looks. Cause Ben and Constantine are just not good looking. And Ames is only part of the time.

I thought JP was obviously jealous but I've seen worse fits. He was quiet and annoyed - nothing terrible.

Edited by rivermet, Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:53 PM.

NachoMuch

NachoMuch

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:52 PM

luvbadTV said:

Emily, you know, annoys me.

Not that I was really counting (at least 56 instances) where Emily was driving me to drink with her combinations of:
you know...um
um
um...you know
you know

Hell, she even got Chris Harrison doing it, too! 'Everybody wants to know, and I'm not saying everyone has the right to know, but because this was so public, everybody does want to know, what happened after the final rose.'

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:52 PM

Just re-watched the Emily interview so I could count the "you know's" - 48!

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 9:53 PM

I actually think Ashley has a lot going for her in the looks, brains, and career departments, and could have made quite a confident and interesting bachelorette. So it's especially cringe-worthy to see her acting so desperate and little-girlish on all these dates.

ITA. Sometimes I think it makes her more likeable/approachable and its nice that, with all she has going for herself, she's obviously not conceited or stuck up. She seems very genuinely sweet (not like fakety-fake Emily, imo). She just needs to get a little bit older.

As for Emily, am I a bad person for hoping that ratings show people turning off the tv 5 minutes into her interview? She is inarticulate, insincere, and just gives me the impression of someone who has crafted an act through the years and know it serves her well. Oh, and ITA with those who didn't see any tears, either.

Watching paint dry (or doing laundry) would be more fun than weeks of Emily as a B-ette.

I think she signed up and wanted the publicity of winning in order to launch an entertainment career. She may still get one, but I think she's probably surprised that it wasn't overnight media love.

Do lots of men watch TB-ette? Would lots of men watch for Emily? I thought the demographic was mainly women and I can't see the usual audience staying put for two hours (2 hrs!!!!) of Emily, you know?

Still like Ashley's guys. Other than the boxing, I thought Ryan was quite attractive (then again, I've thought the whole group was one of the best).