Dance Moms

• Please log in to reply

8422 replies to this topic

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

Residuals (payments for additional airings after usually the first three) are a factor of the guild contracts that real actors and other union employees have with the industry. Reality personalities are not guild/union members and have none of those protections. Thus the networks have no reason or incentive to give Abby, the Dance Moms, Kate Gosselin, or any other reality show participant a cut of the action beyond the initial payment. For instance, once the last episode of Dance Moms is filmed, any compensation to the participants will end.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

Sadly I could see Kate doing this show.

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Kate moved all of the kids to Pittsburgh just to be on Dance Moms.

What was the promo about for this week's episode? Someone suing someone?

prostitutewhore

prostitutewhore

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

Oh please can we not talk about Kate Gosselin, anymore, ever!?

I didn't understand the promos for next week, either. Melissa suing the ladies for talking about the wedding?

Nia is older than Maddie and Chloe, right? Her dancing is just not as polished as the other girls and you can see that she enjoys dancing but isn't inspired by it.

That's how I feel too. She's just not as good. She seems to try very hard, and I think she enjoys it. But she's not as coordinated as the others. She has no grace. And you cannot "learn" grace. She's very herky-jerky.

Edited by prostitutewhore, Mar 18, 2012 @ 5:56 PM.

LauraGilmore

LauraGilmore

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

According to some websites (I don't know that it has been said on the show) Chloe was born in May and Nia was born in June (both in 2001) so apparently Nia is a month younger than Chloe. Still I do think she is definitely not nearly as good as Chloe and certainly not as good as Maddie who is over a year younger than both of them.

swimmom

swimmom

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

Send the Gosselins to Candy Apples! If Kate is involved with Dance Moms I agree never to watch again

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

I don't know what's worse......Kate Gosselin on Dance Moms or Kate Gosselin on Toddlers and Tiaras. Jon Gosselin.....time to lawyer up, buddy! Your ex is on the Super Crazy Train!

becw182

becw182

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

I know this isn't really on topic but :O someones grabbing Abby's boob! LOLOL http://twitter.com/#!/Abby_Lee_Miller/...6138240/photo/1

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

I think that's the happiest I've ever seen Abby Lee Miller that didn't involve tearing someone's soul from their body. She has a glow about her. I highly doubt she's that guy's um type. But he is very pretty. And my that top she has on is very shiny. It's like a giant disco ball.

mtvrc

mtvrc

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

Apologies if I missed the discussion already but I just watched the Diva Detectives Video on Lifetime's site.

Worst Dance Moms scripted scene ever?

karisse

karisse

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

Oh Please, stop the crazy train for Kate Gosselin. Those RAGS haven't had ANYTHING on her in months, so they are making crap up! Gosselin did Dancing with the Stars for the money, and I did not blame her. $50k a week? Alot more then she was making with her reality show and Dancing was short term. She would never do Toddlers or Dancemoms. Gosselin is OCD-she needs to be in control and those shows would not pay her enough to do their stupidity. The Enquirer, US, Okay, Star-the majority of their 'stories' are made up and these RAGS know the certain names enrage people and that means $$$$$ in a deflated print economy.

As for the Show (i.e. the girls) not being allowed into competitions-that is false. StarQuest has told Lifetime that DanceMoms is not allowed at any of their competitions, but, as far as I have read, others still allow them. StarQuest is one of the biggest competition tours in this country. SQ's main complaints were: the show edited the competition to make it appear girls were competing against each other when they actually were in different catagories, age groups. They also edited to show different results then were actually at the competition and that the show showed SQ in poor light.

The show does seem to go to competitions, but, alot of them are local ones, but not local to Pittsburgh. The last competition the show did not mention what competition they were at, only that they were in Miami. Since you do not know the date of filming, it is difficult to find the results. I am sure Lifetime did that on purpose-Too many people were calling out the show for their BS with results.

Now, as for Kendall-if you go to Reign Production's site-you will see that she is competing for the Abby Miller Dance company. She probably NEVER left and her mom is just following a script. Candy Apples is in Canton, Ohio-a driving time of about 2 1/2 hours ONE WAY! So, who in their right mind would DRIVE 5 hours a day for an okay studio when in the city of Pittsburgh there are many professional companies?

Chloe's commercial-another piece of fabrication. The 'Jerky Store' or Chain, does have a commercial and it is on line. There are no dancers, no Chloe wearing a meat suit. The commercial is for the chain, not just Mike Stein's store.

You could go through every episode and find many things made up. (did anyone know that Christi has a 1 year old? She has tweeted that her little girl keeps 'sneaking' into the studio. We have never seen this child.)

In the end, what Dance Moms does for the dance industry is disgraceful and they are complaining very loud. Unfortunately, few are listening. Gloria Allred and Rusty Stone did this 'the Gosselin kids are being abused' when a state assemblyman wanted to create laws for reality shows in PA. Where are the two now? These girls are going through alot more then Kate Gosselin ever inflicted on her kids, and the shows are in the same STATE? I guess noise is only made if it profits the noise maker. Sad, Very Sad.

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Chloe's commercial-another piece of fabrication. The 'Jerky Store' or Chain, does have a commercial and it is on line. There are no dancers, no Chloe wearing a meat suit. The commercial is for the chain, not just Mike Stein's store.

You could go through every episode and find many things made up. (did anyone know that Christi has a 1 year old? She has tweeted that her little girl keeps 'sneaking' into the studio. We have never seen this child.)

Yeah we know. The entire show is scripted and fake. And we have seen Christies younger child a few times. I think she is older than 1 though.

LauraGilmore

LauraGilmore

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

Yeah we know. The entire show is scripted and fake. And we have seen Christies younger child a few times. I think she is older than 1 though.

Yes we have seen her and she is 2 now I believe. She could be close to 3 even.

mbhj2

mbhj2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

Chloe's sister has been on the show. One particular time that I remember her being clearly shown is when Melissa brought the birthday cake for Cathy in Season 1 -- Christi is shown feeding her cake.

astaire

astaire

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

As for the Show (i.e. the girls) not being allowed into competitions-that is false. StarQuest has told Lifetime that DanceMoms is not allowed at any of their competitions, but, as far as I have read, others still allow them. StarQuest is one of the biggest competition tours in this country. SQ's main complaints were: the show edited the competition to make it appear girls were competing against each other when they actually were in different catagories, age groups. They also edited to show different results then were actually at the competition and that the show showed SQ in poor light.

The show does seem to go to competitions, but, alot of them are local ones, but not local to Pittsburgh. The last competition the show did not mention what competition they were at, only that they were in Miami. Since you do not know the date of filming, it is difficult to find the results. I am sure Lifetime did that on purpose-Too many people were calling out the show for their BS with results.

Now, as for Kendall-if you go to Reign Production's site-you will see that she is competing for the Abby Miller Dance company. She probably NEVER left and her mom is just following a script. Candy Apples is in Canton, Ohio-a driving time of about 2 1/2 hours ONE WAY! So, who in their right mind would DRIVE 5 hours a day for an okay studio when in the city of Pittsburgh there are many professional companies?

We know all this and as already mentioned Christi's youngest has been on the show. I think her name in Clara.

divingin

divingin

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

As for the Show (i.e. the girls) not being allowed into competitions-that is false. StarQuest has told Lifetime that DanceMoms is not allowed at any of their competitions, but, as far as I have read, others still allow them.

A few competitions still allow them (like Starbound), but according to the groups that are working to get competitions to boycott, there's a long list of competitions that are boycotting the cameras. That's why they did the fake, staged Fire and Ice competition for two episodes. The list of competitions boycotting them are:

Starquest
Show Stoppers
Hollywood Dance Connection
Legacy Dance Championships
Primetime Dance
Showbiz
Headliners
American Dance Awards (ADA)
Star Systems
Hall of Fame Dance
New York City Dance Alliance (NYCDA)
Kids Artistic Revue (KAR)
Encore Talent Productions
Elite Dance Cup
On-Stage New York
Dupree Dance
Thunderstruck
The Power of Dance
Extreme Talent Showcase
I Love Dance
Bravo! National Dance and Talent
Leap!
Talent Explosion
Beyond the Stars
Dancers Inc.
VIP Dance
Monsters of Hip-Hop
Platinum National Dance Competition
Adenaline
International Dance Challenge
Energy
Applause
JUMP

In the end, what Dance Moms does for the dance industry is disgraceful and they are complaining very loud. Unfortunately, few are listening. Gloria Allred and Rusty Stone did this 'the Gosselin kids are being abused' when a state assemblyman wanted to create laws for reality shows in PA. Where are the two now? These girls are going through alot more then Kate Gosselin ever inflicted on her kids, and the shows are in the same STATE? I guess noise is only made if it profits the noise maker. Sad, Very Sad.

I disagree with this. The Gosselin children had their ENTIRE lives filmed - the cameras were in their home, in their bedroom, mealtimes, playtimes, outings, vacations, etc - they had virtually no privacy. The Dance Moms girls are only filmed in studio or at competition - we've never seen them at home (with the exception of one scene with Kelly and Brooke), at school, at the airport, etc. These girls can leave the dance studio and go home and have privacy and a camera-free environment - something the Gosselin children had never known.

Fabricationary

Fabricationary

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

Nia is in the trio next week "Whatever I Want"

Thanks for the link, astaire. I think that style of dancing suits Nia well, and it's clear she worked hard to learn it, but it was obvious she was late a handful of times (or missed/marked down moves) whereas Maddie and Chloe were in sync. I agree with the posters upthread who have said that Nia (and Paige) are talented dancers for their age but not at the same level as Maddie and Chloe. We'll see how the episode portrays that Nia is in the trio and not Paige. Hopefully the kids aren't getting their feelings hurt.

burbankbaby

burbankbaby

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Is it just me or when Jill smiles she looks like the cheshire cat?

wideright

wideright

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

Jill looks like she's had tons of work done around the mouth area. I can't look at her lips and teeth at all.

Everytime I see Nia in one of those videos, I just keep thinking she should be an actress who can also dance, rather than a dancer. If she were my child, I'd put her into musical theater, even if she couldn't sing that well.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

I finally made it through the Nia forgetting her routine episode. Did that whole thing look totally fake to anybody else? (at least the part where Nia got to perform again). It looked like they put her on after the whole competition (the bleachers behind here were practically empty and they were cutting scenes in with the crowd from later in the competition, complete with the "roar" of the crowd). Has anybody here ever been to a dance competition or any other type of competition where the kids get a "do-over"? (I had kids in competitive gymnastics for many years and never once saw this happen).

I do keep reminding myself that this show is "Dance MOMS". I think the emphasis is on the "mom" part with the moms reacting to their kids lives (or being told how to react), just like the "Real Housewives" react to their situations/families.

Again, I cannot wait for Dance Moms Miami. There are CRAZY people down here with lots of money - lots of former celebs, relatives of celebs, lots of fake body parts, jewelry, etc. I'm dying to see how jacked up these moms are going to look.

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:09 PM

I've seen young musicians stop, start over, and still win in competition. One that sticks in my mind was a young cellist who's cello was literally running away from her-the floor was slippery and her pin was sliding. So she stopped several lines in to look for a rough spot (which eventually required moving the piano), started over, and ended up scoring very, very well. I do think there's usually a penalty on doing so, though. Given Nia's age, a do-over doesn't seem unreasonable, although I do question her still placing 3rd.

meatball77

meatball77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

It's not uncommon for dancers who blank (or have any other problem that disrupts a routine) to be allowed to do their number again. However if the dancer does do their routine over the routine is adjudicated only and would not qualify for an overall award.

I suspect that their were only three junior aged soloists in the competition and that third place was also last place.

becw182

becw182

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

I'm dying to see how jacked up these moms are going to look.

You can actually see pics of them already, they are quite average I think.

herefornow

herefornow

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

Oh please Melissa and Maddie's acting again

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Why is it that I'm betting there was a line "On the show" on the "do not talk about my personal life" letter?

I'd assumed Justice was closer to Mackenzie and Vivi's age.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

Then where was Abby's letter? Didn't she supposedly cop to choreographing a wedding number a few weeks ago in order to get Melissa to spill? Wasn't she trying to get Maddie and Chloe to spill wedding details?

I don't care for any of the moms, but I think Melissa is a bit of a nutjob. At least if you had someone send a letter, cop to it instead of claiming it wasn't your doing.

Edited by spanana, Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:33 PM.

meatball77

meatball77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

I thought that Justice was at least a year younger than Maddie. I'd also bet that he probably started ballet later.

I was so irritated that after the poor girl broke her foot that Abby was all YEAH we beat the evil Candy Apples. I get Cathy's initial reaction wondering what was wrong and not thinking that she was really hurt (because if you see the video she danced for close to a minute after she broke her foot) but Abby being all nasty about beating the other girl when she broke her foot and then the comment from Kendal's Mom about how it didn't matter because she was there (and perhaps they were encouraged to say those things by production)

oldandbrown

oldandbrown

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

I don't care for any of the moms, but I think Melissa is a bit of a nutjob. At least if you had someone send a letter, cop to it instead of claiming it wasn't your doing.

I am going to agree with Melissa on this one. She has been consistant in saying she does not want to talk about her relationship/personal life. The moms are not friends of hers, they just want the dirt on her so they can discuss among themselves. The women have been nothing but nasty to her.

toolegittoquit

toolegittoquit

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

Melissa's an idiot. At no point has she told these women, "Drop it, I don't want to discuss my life." Instead, she hires a lawyer and plays dumb. What a passive aggressive bitch. Can she even legally prevent someone saying something about her that is neither slanderous nor defamatory?

herefornow

herefornow

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Lol Mel is on a reality show trying to be famous. Her personal life is fair game

meatball77

meatball77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Or just tell them that he doesn't want her talking about it because of the tension with her ex-husband or whatever.