19-6: "Bentley returns in Hong Kong" 2011.06.27

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

213 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 8:58 PM

Hopefully that's the last we hear of the Bentley saga.

Edited by fionab, Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:21 PM.

caramel92

caramel92

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

OMG she is the most whiny, insecure, stupid, needy, cry-y girl in like the history of the world! What guy would want to be around that, ever? What person? All she does is cry about how hard this is and how much she loves Bentley and then gets upset when someone she didn't care that much about leaves b/c it's a blow to her already nonexistant self-esteem. My god, she is just the worst!!!!!

Morganza

Morganza

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

Mickey for the next Bachelor, please!

Maybe Ashley let Blake go because he set off her gaydar as strongly as he did mine. Good lord. He seemed kind of relieved.

Ames' elevator kiss- although he seems sweet, I don't think I've seen anything more desperate and less sexy before. I'm assuming he's next to go since he wasn't ALL OVER the previews for the rest of the season.

Edited by Morganza, Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:08 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind.... I loved that Mickey had the balls to call her out and leave!

I knew she wouldn't pick Blake because she didn't like being criticized.

What is with Ames and the too small suitcoats?

I don't even read spoilers but I think it's pretty clear JP is in the lead. Though I don't find him good looking, apparently she does.

For somebody who has "moved on" why does she still bring Bentley up all the time?!?

I am totally unsympathetic to her tears now, I just want to tell her to suck it up... she is the one who signed up for this.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

Just when I think Ashley couldn't get any dumber ... "Hey guys! I've been thinking about Bentley during my last few dates with you! But I'm over him now! Guys? Guys? Where are you going?"

I think the Bentley confrontation was set up and edited to make Ashley look like she'd finally clued in. I suspect that someone in production told her that he'd been using her, but she wasn't shown the footage of him being so cruel, in fear of her spending another day sobbing under her duvet.

I still can't tell the two shaggy-haired guys apart. There are still two of them, right?

And I'm looking forward to what F1 Guy has to say in After the Final Rose, about the whole Bentley Bentley Bentley saga.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Firstly, Chris H reallly had become the devil's minion, hasn't he. Way to undermine her spirits just before the rose ceremony.

And I wonder if Mickey would have left if she hadn't put him on the spot. He said, "if you aren't feeling me, don't give me a rose". Maybe he would have been like the other guys and moved past the initial hurt if he'd stuck around?

Her interactions with JP are on a totally different level that the other guys. But props to Ames. I didn't think he had it in him.

Does this leave Constantine as the only guy left she hasn't kissed?

luvbadTV

luvbadTV

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

I don't even read spoilers but I think it's pretty clear JP is in the lead. Though I don't find him good looking, apparently she does

What's up with his eyebrows, or lack of?

Sailing

Sailing

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

JP = clear frontrunner. She didn't feel the need to tell Lucas or any of the other men until the Rose Ceremony, but felt the need to come clean with JP as soon as she could. Very telling, and JP knew it. Their chemistry is palpable, and I enjoyed their date. Won't be surprised if he's the F1 or close to it.

Still hate Lucas, he offers nothing and has that dull-normal cadence to everything he says. Not pleased with Blake's constant Ali-esque mean-girling of Ryan, even if the latter does kind of grate. But, I'll forgive Blake because he does bring the pretty and knocked some sense into Ashley during the cocktail party. Speaking of bringing the pretty, I'm sorry to see Mickey go. I'm surprised Ashley was able to let him go so cavalierly, given her people pleaser and insecure tendencies. Guess she really wasn't feeling it. I respect Mickey for walking out because of his convictions and not just tagging along for the rest of the free vacation.

Gaymes and the elevator kiss - HOT. Gaymes, you can meet me in the elevator anytime. Well done, sir! Love how articulate and genuine he is. He'll never win, but I love him anyway.

Disappointed with Yugo's comeuppance. I got a lot more satisfaction watching Ali dopily chase the gimpy Rated R through the gardens of that Turkish hotel. It didn't seem like Ashley really took him to task until the end, with her speech about being a man and giving it closure, and sarcastically asking if he wanting a vacay. Would have liked more of that, but given the source, not too surprised. Oh well. Lest I'm being too mean to the B'ette here, I will say I liked her dress at the RC. At least she has good taste in cocktail dresses?

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

I think Ames's "We all want our fairy tales to be simple" is the most interesting thing anyone on the Bachelor or the Bachelorette has ever said. Seriously. It was Amazing ™.

Ashley is clearly not secure enough to be the lead on this show. This sucks. I wonder how much it would have sucked if you had to watch every minute of footage to cut it down to 2 hours / week. No wonder the editors seem to hate her.

I'm bummed for Ashley that she cut Blake, who seems to like her, in favor of Constantine, who doesn't. Blake's "I just want a friend" exit speech was too sad and cute for words.

Ashley explained the Bentley saga to the guys terribly. TERRIBLY. No wonder they reacted badly. It should have been more about not being sure she believed in the process after Bentley left, but seeing him again made her value the extra time she has been able to spend with all of them to get to know the real them, and now being really excited about the future.

jlc1967

jlc1967

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

Lucas's "manlihood." My new favorite non-word.

When JP said something like, "I am so crazy about her," my housemate (who hates this show) said, "Why?" which I think is an excellent question.

So many other points:

1) Constantine and Ben on the boat race. Hue-lar-ious. We're getting smoked, bro, like salmon. Those robes. Those stances. Make them the first Double Bachelor season. Of course none of the women would be able to tell them apart.

2) Ames. Ames. Ames. LOVE him. Love his articulateness. Life is complicated, you know? That's what makes it beautiful.

3) Whiny ass Blake and Lucas need to get freaking lives. It's pretty rich to hear guys complaining about how much they've given up -- forced at gunpoint, evidently, to take free trips to Thailand and Hong Kong ... Our friend Ashley is dumber than a box of rocks but even she didn't deserve the attitude they spit at her.

4) I think Mickey is hot, but I'm glad Ashley was like, you know, if you want to leave, then leave. [Aside: Mickey for next Bachelor.] And I think the whole nasty reaction to her Bentley confession really means there's not much there there, if that makes any sense. Those guys DON'T feel anything for her (and why would they?) Well, except JP does ..

5) Awww, JP. What a sweetie.

6) Bentley. Ugh. What a tool. I didn't see the first few episodes, so this is my first experience watching his manipulation act. He's pretty damn good at it, but what a jackass. My roommate pegged it immediately: "He will blame her for the whole thing, he'll twist it all onto her." I know this show is a joke -- full stop -- but honest to God, when he was like, so yeah, if nothing works out with any of these guys, come to Salt Lake City ... For reals, asshole? Are you fucking kidding?

I think Ames's "We all want our fairy tales to be simple" is the most interesting thing anyone on the Bachelor or the Bachelorette has ever said. Seriously. ...

Ashley is clearly not secure enough to be the lead on this show. This sucks. I wonder how much it would have sucked if you had to watch every minute of footage to cut it down to 2 hours / week. No wonder the editors seem to hate her.

YES, fionab, I agree with all of this.

Edited by jlc1967, Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:20 PM.

nopqrs2011

nopqrs2011

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

This episode reeks of damage control.

Ashley's newly-perky interviews feel like they dressed her up in the same clothes to make it seem like she was speaking in the moment but were actually staged much later (like probably just last week after the fallout) for damage control. When she was on the one on one date, she made comments on a PI about 'this evening' while not even wearing the same dress.

Her conversation with Bentley was unfreakingbelievable. She's there all hurt and self-righteous because he didn't give her closure. To just about anybody else (who's not this idiotic) his leaving WAS closure. I'm not buying that she figured it out in the end, that part felt like it was inserted much later, as I said, for damage control.

This new editing changes nothing about how she comes off. Instead of being understanding of how the guys could feel slighted (shocker!) by her revelation she takes every reaction as an attack on her. JP was a class act, yes, but the other guys' reactions were NOT unreasonable at all.

After watching her work the tears and the guilt just before the rose ceremony (and them falling for it) I am still rooting for the good guys to go home. Congratulations Mickey for having the dignity to walk away. Watching her is really uncomfortable – depressed last week, super- perky in the beginning of the episode, depressed again at the end – this is starting to feel bipolar.
Just IMO

Edited by nopqrs2011, Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:28 PM.

kattam6175

kattam6175

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

"Hey guys! I've been thinking about Bentley during my last few dates with you! But I'm over him now! Guys? Guys? Where are you going?"

I know, right?!?

Was it just me or was Ashley seriously ducking and weaving when Ryan kept trying to kiss her? I'm pretty sure the only reason he got the rose is 'cause she has no romantic feelings for him whatsoever and won't distract her from JP or Ben.

So, Bentley gets a free trip to the Orient and some more screen time. Well played douchebag.

ETA: The previews of one of the guys coming back...does anyone else think it's Mickey? Looked like him to me.

Edited by kattam6175, Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:26 PM.

katykat

katykat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:22 PM

To the Bentley if this doesn't work out come to Salt Lake City. I wanted him to add, and you can be my hook up buddy since I will never date you in real life, but hey if I am lonely sometime you can come by and make me feel better. He is really just a jerk.

jlc1967

jlc1967

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:23 PM

I didn't watch Jillian's season (just read the recaps and forums here) so does anyone remember how those guys reacted when Ed came back?

Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese

Fanatic

Maybe I missed it but how did Ashley tell the guys how the meeting with Bentley went? What was said?
He didn't ask to come back, which I think is what Ashley was hoping for. I didn't hear one guy ask the simple question - if Bentley wanted to come back, would you have let him?
I agree she was tipped off by production as to the bullshit Bents was serving but I still think, with a few choice words, she would've been putty in his hands.

I don't blame Mickey for leaving and give him mad props for telling her like it is. Ashley's a moron. JP is the obvious front-runner, seeing as she has zero chemistry with anyone else. He sort of went down a notch in my eyes making excuses for her. You may have the number one spot now, JP, but that is only because Bentley didn't stick his tongue down her throat and beg her for a second chance.

kismet kiss

kismet kiss

Couch Potato

My stupid ABC affiliate felt the need to spend the last hour of the show talking about thunderstorms that were happening two hours away from their viewing audience, could someone please give me a wrap up of what happened the last hour? I saw her greet JP for the date, and then that was it.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:26 PM

Hey guys, I was in love with Bentley, but he doesn’t want me so I am all yours. Isn't that great? Yeah!

Ashley shouldn’t wear skinny jeans, because they emphasize her bow legs. The scene where she was telling Bentley to "eff off" didn’t look genuine. It seems to have been filmed after she saw the earlier shows. She’d supposedly just left his room, but her hair was curlier and styled differently. I find it hard to believe that Fleiss would fly Bentley all the way to Hong Kong for that one scene. And, given that Bentley thinks he is quite witty, what happened to his private interviews? Are we to believe that he flew all that way and didn’t have anything to say?

I think Mickey and Blake dodged a bullet. I don't understand why a kind and decent guy like JP, can't find a nice lady in the NY tri-state area.

gudgeon

gudgeon

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

What's up with his eyebrows, or lack of?

I think they are kind of like Raven-Simone's...kind of only go halfway?

Wow...that elevator kiss with Ames was pretty gross, IMO. She was sooooo not into it and he couldn't really see that. Plus she kept trying to talk and he just stuck his face in hers...weird and yucky. Awkward.

JP FTW, I mean, could they make it any more obvious?! I think she should have told all the guys the "B" news in private like she did with him and I think they would have been more sympathetic. I think they all got really defensive and didn't want to look like a fool in front of the other guys.

And, Ryan, you are the biggest faker that ever faked. The whole hand kiss because you just had to go there (or whatever he said)...FAKE. Loser. He really bugs.

I know she signed up for it but I am starting to feel kind of bad for her and wish they had given her a buddy to go through this process <drink> with. I don't think she was emotionally mature enough for this. Although I was shockingly impressed with how she saw through B's shit. I do wonder if they tipped her off because she was so done with him.

What is up with the previews of the F2? Hmmm...I am so sad and embarrassed to say I am intrigued. <sigh>

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Yeah, when I do something that might hurt other people, I too don't understand that they don't feel as great as I do after I confess to doing it. Where did this girl come from? Good for Mickey for bailing on her.

How come no voice-over snark from Bentley this time?

JP is the best looking guy she's ever seen? He's not even the best looking guy in the show!

Ashley has turned the show into the most entertaining bow-legged train wreck ever.

Wibber13

Wibber13

Channel Surfer

I am completely wasted because every time she said "Bentley" i took a drink.

Blah blah Ashley is a moron. She never ceased to annoy tonight and her bowlegs are driving me nuts.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:28 PM

If I never hear the word 'closure' every again, it'll be too soon. Ugh. Enough. Shut up about your damn closure!

Lucas? Hey, I have a new name for you! LucAss. Do you like it? I like it. It's fitting. And manly!

Still liking Ames. I swear he stumbled into the wrong show. He's too intelligent, articulate and nice to be on this mess.

Ashley. Cry me a river. I just don't care.

Blake, you are Ross Geller. Your teeth are practically fluorescent.

I want to go to Hong Kong. Best part of the show. It looks beautiful.

Edited by oakgal, Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:30 PM.

Samtra

Samtra

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

NEVER thought I would say this... but can I have Ames? He was so awkward at first, but now, like, I love him. There is no way around it. I love when he was talking about live being simple would mean it wouldn't be as beautiful. That is what my best friend and I always tell each other when life isn't going well, that we deal with the bad so we can enjoy the beauty when it appears again. Ames needs to call me!

Also the boat race was hysterical. Who wants to bet the production team felt bad and gave them their team at the end so they would have people?

fonfon

fonfon

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

The fact that Ashley's feet turn out like Mary Poppins makes her bowlegs look much more like parentheses. Add that to the fact that her spike heels force her to stand with her butt all pushed out just makes watching her walk look painful and awkward. It's horribly distracting.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:32 PM

I still don't believe that brief meeting with Bentley gave her a hint. I think behind the scenes she was clued in so that she would go on with the show. It seemed so disconnected. She was in the room with Bentley pleading for him to tell her what she wanted to hear. The next minute she is telling the camera all this newfound knowledge about what a jerk he was. I don't believe for a minute she figured it out on her own. They were determined to save their show and they had to get her to move on to the other guys.

Her stylist should have realized you could see her thong in that dress at the end. Nice dress but a little too transparent.

JP seems like the leading candidate. But she does seem to have a good relationship with Ben too. In fact I feel like they are hiding it a bit. We never really got Ben's opinion of the Bentley reveal.

I thought DeAnna cried alot because the guys didn't pay her enough attention. They were suppose to be there "for her". But Ashley is worse for crying and thinking of herself. She was so excited to tell them she felt better about Bentley that she never thought of their feelings and how it made them feel. Then she cried to get their sympathy when they got upset. She really uses the tears to manipulate. Goof for Mickey for leaving.

Someone comes back again? I can't believe it will be Bentley. Maybe she lets Ryan go and he comes back to continue to annoy all the other guys.

Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

What is up with the previews of the F2? Hmmm...I am so sad and embarrassed to say I am intrigued. <sigh>

Don't be embarassed because I am right there with you! The tears?! Ohhh, the flood of tears yet to come! The heartbreak! The drama! The travel eye-candy! And what is this? Someone pops up that she regrets letting go? HUH?

Bring it on Ashley, you indecisive little twit.

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

Yup, Mikey should be the next Bachelor. Yummy. Now I know why he got zero screen time this season. He walked away from the show, and that's just unacceptable to Mr. Fleiss, so he won't be the next Bachelor, unfortunately for me. He must be a really awesome guy though; otherwise, he would have been given a bad edit if they had any available footage to make him look like a jerk.

I loved Ames' comment "I was in the hospital with a concussion and still didn't get any one on one time with her!" Hee. Plus, he was wasted in that elevator. He was holding what appeared to be a rather potent mixed drink while getting his mack on with Ashley. I think he needed the "liquid courage" to pull that move. I kind of love him for it though.

And Ashley is full of shit. Had Bentley said that he was there to win her back, she would have jumped for joy. He ended things with her, not the other way around. So for her to claim that she got her "closure" through that conversation is pure bullshit. She got her closure because he told her she should complete her journey on the show and see where it took her. Or in other words, move the fuck on, Ashley. And yeah, where were Bentley's voice overs? I missed his smarmy snark. This time, we didn't get to see what he was really thinking during that conversation, and I wanted to see it. I'm sure his thoughts were, "Free vacay, more camera time, sign me up!"

commentator

commentator

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:46 PM

So ABC spent all that money flying Bentley to Hong Kong, hotel, meals and for WHAT? He didn’t level with Ashley at all; he really didn’t say shit.

Our local station took over the last hour in entirety because of tornado watch/warnings in some areas. They said viewers were sending nasty emails, LOL! - and that they'll re-air “The Bachelorette”. I think I’ll watch online tomorrow because I want to see how the men react about all the Bentley crap.

Edited by commentator, Jun 27, 2011 @ 10:39 PM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:53 PM

So ABC spent all that money flying Bentley to Hong Kong, hotel, meals and for WHAT? He didn’t level with Ashley at all; he really didn’t say shit.

I am sure Bentley had plenty to say; they simply chose not to show it. They would have us believe that Ashley came to her senses – on her own. Good one.

TomGirl

TomGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

I don't find Ames to be particularly articulate, and find some of his comments pretty sophomoric. But when I heard him say "Ashley's and my" relationship instead of the ubiquitous "Ashley and I's" I damn near fell in love on the spot!

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 10:09 PM

The whole Bentley showdown was a let down. Basically he just kind of agreed with her that maybe it should be a period instead of dot dot dot. WTF? They must have told Assley something before the meeting because I don't think she would have been bright enough to realize on her own he was blowing her off.