19-5: "Ashley and the guys go to Chiang Mai" 2011.06.20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

195 replies to this topic

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2011 @ 5:01 PM

Thank God. From that tweet (at this point!), I think TPTB are afraid they've turned off so many viewers that ratings will be down, way down, with the return of Bentley.

Of course, Chris has to deliver on that promise. But I really think the only reason for that tweet is that they know people don't want to watch Ashley pining for d-bag Bentley, so they're trying to get us to watch because we can see "it's over now".

CH's become such a company man, no matter how bad the compay.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2011 @ 8:59 PM

A case for what? Ames is a grown man that voluntarily entered the ring to fight. If Ames did not want to participate, Ames should not have participated. Imo, its that simple.

I'm not so sure. The men were not asked if they wanted to fight, they were given a training, given the outfits, and then transported to another location and told who they were fighting. The way it was set up, it was more difficult to say "no, I'm not fighting."
Though, as I said before, any guy who refused on the grounds that he had a problem with being violent, would have won my respect.

ClaireO

ClaireO

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2011 @ 10:16 AM

Since this is no longer an episode spoiler, here's more on the fighting: There were additional rounds, according to Reality Steve. Constantine and JP chose to not go for any more rounds and forfeited. But Blake and Ryan fought, and Blake won.

So two men did indeed opt out, but it was 1. after they'd been through a round and knew first-hand what it involved, and 2. after someone else got hurt.

I think there's enormous peer pressure at work on these shows, and I don't blame Ames for not backing out. Also, it was his first fight, ever, and maybe he didn't understand what could happen.

archer1267

archer1267

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2011 @ 1:11 PM

Ames is a grown man that voluntarily entered the ring to fight. If Ames did not want to participate, Ames should not have participated. Imo, its that simple.

It's easy to say that from a watcher's viewpoint though. This is a "competition." A guy doesn't want to be seen as a wuss (or worse), not a good sport, etc. on national TV. There's a lot of pressure on men to be "manly," especially if people are watching. If Ames didn't participate, it'd be an uneven number of guys and the matches wouldn't have worked out. I could see Ames going along with it just not to be a spoilsport for someone else.

I re-watched that scene and it seemed to me like Ryan was really going for hits to the head. Is it just me?! If so, very uncool. Then again, I'm not at all a boxing fan, so I don't know what's "acceptable."

westpap

westpap

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2011 @ 9:14 PM

I think Chris started out as a decent guy but is now too much of a company man to really be honest, and he seems to have grown more mean-spirited over the years. Remember this is a show that decided -- for the first time ever -- to roast its lead, and they exhibited this nastiness to Ashley before Bentley's departure (and her subsequent mooning over him) ever occured.

The production team --and I include Chris here -- seems hell-bent on humiliating Ashley, and this started before she gave them any Bentley-related reason to resent her.

If the show was created American Idol-style, where one show week = one actual week, and we were truly seeing each show's events the week they occur, then sure...but if my understanding is right, the show is filmed in its entirety, or pretty close to it, and then edited and aired. So the producers knew what they had to work with on the Bentley stuff "before" it happened from a viewing audience's perspective, and likely edited it with their resentment in place over her lack of material to work with (if that's how it is...for all we know they're editing out some amazing love story between her and whoever the sacrificial F1 lamb is this cycle).

If that makes any sense...

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2011 @ 9:57 PM

Westpap, the thing I was referring to was the roast: this was a pretty mean thing to do to their lead, and it occured before Bentley left. So while I agree with you that the editing occurred after the Bentley mess, the roast occurred before.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 5:43 AM

I re-watched that scene and it seemed to me like Ryan was really going for hits to the head. Is it just me?!

I thought so, too. I'm sure it's legal but it was just a little too much for a "fun" fight among friends. I'm glad to hear that Blake beat him later.

On second viewing, I was reminded of how dumb Ashley acted with Lucas; asking for a golf lesson in the middle of the cocktail party, then immediately bending forward over an imaginary club while looking coyly back at him. Lucas was all set to get serious and explain the rules of the game but Ashley just couldn't wait to get to some sexy bit she'd seen in the movies. I cringed with embarrassment for her when she asked him if she should stick her butt out. Ick.

Edited by JudyObscure, Jun 27, 2011 @ 5:47 AM.

wordperson

wordperson

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:04 AM

Since she ignored the warning from Michelle about Bentley, and that seems to have blown up in her face, she may feel now's the time to start taking other warnings seriouly, causing her to jump on William's comments (immature tattletale) about Ben.

That would make sense except she wants Bentley back, so she apparently still is at the very least selectively screening those warnings.

Lucas was all set to get serious and explain the rules of the game but Ashley just couldn't wait to get to some sexy bit she'd seen in the movies. I cringed with embarrassment for her when she asked him if she should stick her butt out. Ick.

That was sooooooo cringeworthy. Ick indeed.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

• Interests:My interests now are taking care of my beautiful baby grand daughter. I love reading comments on TWOP> I can't wait to get on sometimes, especially after watching DWTS or whatever crazy show it is I am watching during the season.

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

She simply wasn't interesting enough to keep viewers and ratings. I'm sure after tonight with the return of Bentley (however ridiculous it is) , just because of curiosity there will be a ratings boost, I'm sure the show will tank tremendously! She's dumb, unattractive and snotty, PLUS I read the reason she's so hung up on this loser is cause she slept with him.

Edited by scout56, Jun 27, 2011 @ 10:39 AM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 6:45 PM

PLUS I read the reason she's so hung up on this loser is cause she slept with him.

When was she alone with him? The only time I can think of is when he went to her to say goodbye.

Not that I put it past her, she seems so desperate. I am still disgusted with her jumping up and wrapping her legs around him, to me that is so tacky verging on slutty.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

• Interests:My interests now are taking care of my beautiful baby grand daughter. I love reading comments on TWOP> I can't wait to get on sometimes, especially after watching DWTS or whatever crazy show it is I am watching during the season.

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 7:04 PM

The 'wrapping her legs' around any guy is her trademark, "oh I'm so petite and cute 'move.

Edited by scout56, Jun 27, 2011 @ 7:05 PM.

GlamSnooky

GlamSnooky

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 7:38 PM

PLUS I read the reason she's so hung up on this loser is cause she slept with him.

Really? Where'd you read that? I wonder when she had the time, they never had a one-on-one date. Only opportunity would have been when he went to see her to say goodbye. And that's just a bad time to start a physical relationship, though they both acted like they wanted to (Bentley said as much--ick!).

An intimate relationship, though, would explain a lot. That's the only reason I can think she'd still be hung up on him. But I kind of doubt it happened.

Edited by GlamSnooky, Jun 27, 2011 @ 7:40 PM.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 8:07 PM

Where'd you read that?

LOL, just read this:

http://realitytvmaga...ng-and-a-tramp/

Edited by over30patheticgroupie, Jun 27, 2011 @ 8:08 PM.

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

I doubt she slept with him so early--that would be dumb on many accounts. But I have a feeling she already had him pegged for the FS and was completely looking forward to it, fantasizing about their relationship throughout the coming weeks, etc.

For whatever it's worth, I think what she had--isolated like TB-ette is psychologically, much moreso than the guys--was a simple, old-fashioned crush, a lot of expectations and hopes, and the time to dwell on them too much.

TPTB are mean, pure and simple. And whoever behind-the-scenes thinks that translates to "entertaining our audience" is, imo, dead wrong. They've taken all the fun out of it, even in Thailand and Hong Kong, which one would hardly think is possible.

Darbar

Darbar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

How did this woman get through dental school? Did she attend at the University of Santo Domingo? She has to be the dumbest bachelorette in history. And that's saying something because none of the previous ones were the brightest. All she does is cry. What's wrong with her?

And what's with her always wrapping her legs around the guys? I wondered why she looks so bow-legged. Now I know. She rides too many guys.

Tambil

Tambil

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 4, 2011 @ 3:16 PM

I can believe that Ashley made it through Dental school etc - there are BOOK smarts and then the other kinds that help you through life, like SOCIAL smarts, STREET smarts and COMMON sense!! People can have an over-abundance of the first kind, then unfortunately have a serious lack of the latter three. I'm sure we all know or knew someone like that at school.... just that most of them didn't go on to have thier lack of social skills plastered all over a national TV show!