Falling Skies Rating and Scheduling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

13 replies to this topic

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

Thought I'd kick this off with an observation that they're reairing the pilot a lot this week, but the premiere is 1 hour 56 minutes long.

The first reairing is therefore 10:56 PM Eastern Sunday night, instead of 11 PM.

Also, it looks like TNT is putting a big push on this, since it's also getting aired once each on sister stations TBS and TruTV(?) in addition to the 4 reairings on TNT.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2011 @ 12:33 PM

Glad they are rerunning it. I've been curious about it and the reviews make it sound like it actually is pretty solid, but I won't be able to see it live, because nothing is keeping me away from the Game of Thrones finale at 9 p.m. But I'm glad I checked in, so I know to tune in at 10:56 and not 11.

Raider One

Raider One

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2011 @ 3:27 PM

The initial rating for the 2 hour pilot is 5.9 Million viewers with a 2.6 (rounded up for those who saw the 2.0 previously posted) in the key advertising 18-49 demographic AND and 3.2 million in the adults 25-54 category. It's being touted as the #1 cable series launch of the year. The move to the 10 eastern time slot will tell the tale of how much staying power this show has. Being slotted behind "Leverage" which is an hour earlier gives TNT a potent one-two punch on Sundays: a day of quite some competition on cable.

http://bit.ly/iWN6DM (Please read down to the first comments between Julia and Robert Seidman.)

The advantage of being on cable, and in particular on TNT, is not having one of the big 4 networks threatening cancellation for low numbers early on. Anyway, there is great promise in this show and the ratings. I hope we get a nice run out of this show, like The 4400 on USA.

Edited by Raider One, Jun 20, 2011 @ 10:26 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jul 8, 2011 @ 1:53 PM

It’s been renewed for a second season.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jul 8, 2011 @ 1:53 PM.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 8:51 AM

Does anyone know if there will be a two-hour season finale on August 7? My impression has been that there would be 10 hours this season; there's been 7 so far and they announced only 2 episodes were left after last night's show.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 8:57 AM

I was wondering that myself. The Futon Critic says that there will be.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2011 @ 5:59 PM

We won't get new episodes until next summer??

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2011 @ 2:22 PM

Looks like Sunday 08/07 will be a post-apocalyptic marathon of all episodes with the two hour finale at 9 and 10 PM. Time to catch up on all those nuances you missed the first round.

Edited by Glass Ocean, Aug 5, 2011 @ 2:23 PM.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 7:40 AM

Looks like the show did quite well in the ratings for the final 2 episodes.

From TVByTheNumbers:
Each scored a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49, up 27% from last week and the highest-rated episodes of the season other than the 2.0 adults 18-49 rating for the premiere.
FALLING SKIES TNT 10:00 PM 5541 1.9
FALLING SKIES TNT 9:00 PM 5703 1.9

distantWatcher

distantWatcher

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2011 @ 12:41 PM

Looks like the show did quite well in the ratings for the final 2 episodes.

From TVByTheNumbers:
Each scored a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49, up 27% from last week and the highest-rated episodes of the season other than the 2.0 adults 18-49 rating for the premiere.
FALLING SKIES TNT 10:00 PM 5541 1.9
FALLING SKIES TNT 9:00 PM 5703 1.9

Good for them. I do believe it was the most solid episode to date.

LEBWC98

LEBWC98

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 3:58 PM

According to the TNT website, they'll be rerunning the first season one ep at a time, on weeknights at 2 AM Eastern, starting tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on these fora without a TiVo, so I'll try to remember how to program Ye Olde VCR.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on these fora without a TiVo, so I'll try to remember how to program Ye Olde VCR.-LEBWC98

Nah, you are not alone. I don't own a TiVo and have to relay on the 'Ye Olde VCR" too. Although, I sometimes go to Hulu or the channel's website if I miss something.

Edited by TVspectator, Mar 17, 2012 @ 3:29 PM.

Cyrax

Cyrax

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 2:37 AM

The season 2 premiere date has been announced.

http://www.deadline....closer-spinoff/

Falling Skies
• Two-Hour Season Premiere: Sunday, June 17, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
• Season 2: 10 episodes

LEBWC98

LEBWC98

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

Three more months...I can wait that long. No problem.

There've been lots of season 2 promos on TNT, for those of you who might otherwise avoid the wall-to-wall basketball coverage of the past few days. If I remember correctly, "Sanctuary 1" is re-airing tomorrow night at 11.