Promos, Previews, Webcomics, and Speculation (No Spoilers!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

72 replies to this topic

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 12:07 PM

Molly Dodd is actually a top level super secret double agent who has been collecting intel on the Giacomos all along and passing it on to the Acting Prez, who's remained hidden in a bunker deep under the Berkshire Mountains once Colorado got leveled. Unfortunately, the general never bothered to check out western Mass, since only the eastern side of the state "really counts".

The Acting Prez is black and gets a speaking part, which leaves all the minority 2nd Mass fighters mute for the rest of the season.

The de-harnessed lobsters have just been "playing dead", and once the telepathic command has been relayed, they spring into action by doing their Resurrection Line Dance on the auditorium stage, which has the intended effect of causing all who see it to drop to the floor, rolling about in contagious laughter at which point the lobsters jump all the widdlest kids and make them run for the hills on the fastest widdle legs you can imagine. The adults are rendered helpless and stupefied at the same time. Sarah's new baby inexplicably joins the line dance in true Ally McBeal fashion.

Pope saves the day and the country on the front lines with his magic bullets and expert water cooler demo knowledge. Weaver can't take the competition and goes further round the bend, wearing his wife's glasses which do not match his prescription at all, undoing his ponytail into a fashionable flirty do, and wowing the civvies with a teal skirt and matching heels. The rest of the fighters decide to relieve him of his position and make Pope the new leader, which leaves Tom in an uncomfortable moral position.

Ben's spikes turn into rotating magnets and create an impenetrable force field around him. The entire Mason clan goes into deep mourning because now they can't all share their hourly hugs, so Tom institutes Double Hugs for the remaing siblings. Hal is in denial and hug-withdrawal, and so finally begins his teenage rebellious period by hooking up with every female within biking distance -- on screen.

Pope discovers a pristine Williams and Sonoma which had been buried under the rubble early in the invasion and is ecstatic. He manages to run the 2nd Mass, whip up nouvelle cuisine for 300, and open a cooking school to motivate other underpriviged youngsters to aim high for new careers. In the midst of all this, Kate appears out of nowhere, babbling on about some damn island, and Pope takes her on as his new sous-chef to keep a wary eye on her.

NurseJenniffer

NurseJenniffer

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 10:29 PM

What the heck could the aliens want with Mason? ONE tower out of how many was partially damaged and they think he some kind of genius? They scrambled a signal and now the aliens think we're intelligent? They just left Weaver there sucking on his thumb? WITH THE scrambling radio

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

He's hoping he can give one of those history lectures and they'll leave voluntarily.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 1:06 AM

What the heck could the aliens want with Mason?

Hugs, man! And lots of em.

CommonSenseMan

CommonSenseMan

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 7:20 PM

Season 2 Predictions:

1. The writers have been reading TWoP posts, and put a moratorium on hugs –- only one per episode for Season 2. Hugs are substituted with knuckle-bumps, ghetto handshakes, and football player style slaps on the ass.

2. Also sensing a problem with meaningful minority roles, the writers institute a series of minority guest stars for cameo appearances. Look for Samuel L. Jackson to play an R. Lee Ermy type, who whips the civilians into shape through taunting, insults, PT, and a “this is my rifle, this is my gun” sing-along.

3. It is revealed that every other militia unit, from Florida to Los Angeles completed their mission. Only the bumbling 2nd Massholes botched the tower attack.

4. A survivor from the city attempts to join the 2nd Mass, but they are suspicious of him, because he has a Bostonian accent.

5. Like the oldest daughter on Roseanne, the Karen actress is replaced without explanation– -only this time, it is with someone we like.

6. Viewer disgust leads to the writers insuring Maggie keeps her upper arms covered, hiding her fake jailhouse “I’m a bad girl” tats.

7. Hal finally gets old enough to shave. He’s only 17 now.

8. Jimmy enters puberty and begins to assert his manhood, calling all the female tweens “"my bitches”."

9. Matt misses daddy, so he makes up with his bff Pope. Pope teaches him swear words and racial slurs, much to the entertaining delight of the older children.

10. After the producers fail to find an acting coach who can do anything with Ben, his character is slowly phased to the background. He’'s often seen hanging out with Anthony and at Dai’'s infirmary bedside.

11. Just like the Lone Ranger'’s sidekick, Tonto (who had his gun taken away and got beat up every time he went to town), Dai continues to be a mech bullet magnet.

12. Uncle Buck continues to screw around with the radio, eventually electrocuting himself.

13. Tom is subjected to the obligatory alien anal probe. We all saw that one coming.

14. Ricky: no change.

15. Lourdes has a coming-of-age curiosity, resulting in some girl-on-girl “playing doctor” exploration with Dr. Moon Pie. Unfortunately, like most other high intensity scenes that viewers want to see, the action takes place off camera and is only reported on by scouts. Ratings plummet.

Edited by CommonSenseMan, Aug 8, 2011 @ 7:23 PM.

Elysiannn

Elysiannn

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 7:07 AM

All the harnessed kids turn into lizards on the outside but human in the inside - the writers are heard to remark, "Yeah, Just like V only different. We'll have them tear off the lizard skin to find it's really Karen!"

Maggie's driver license is found showing she is really 35. This turns off Hal, Ben & Matt but Uncle Scott (who lost Aunt whoever around Episode 3 Season 1) thinks, "Hmmm, maybe I'll try to hit that."

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

There's a 3 minute preview on the SyFy Blastr site makes me wish it was already June.

Falling Skies

Edited by AngelKitty, Apr 4, 2012 @ 2:10 PM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

Makes me wish it was already September, or whenever it goes on hiatus again. Not to go no pity on it, and there was a moment or two of decency, but I almost laughed out loud when I heard the G.I. Joe gun shooting sound effects. The set looks really really cheap. And I see they have picked up on the stupidity right where they left off. Good ol Falling Skies.

Maybe they figure they will ride of the coattails of the Alien prequel that comes out 2 days before, on June 15th. Since that's in space, maybe people will want to see more alien stuff, but on earth. But I can't even compare the two while keeping a straight face. This show just is. There is no intrigue, it's really just a question of what dumb thing they will do next that defies logic, in between hugs.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

There is no intrigue, it's really just a question of what dumb thing they will do next that defies logic, in between hugs.

Of course you're right, but I'm easy.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Of course you're right, but I'm easy.

Heh. There is actually a new one out. You just see burned out walls with "KEEP FIGHTING!" on them, and then at the end, a really poorly done skitter comes running out from around the corner. I do hold out hope that it will move firmly into the campy camp this season. It already looks like complete trash, and I cannot remember laughing so hard as when Bionic Woman went firmly into awful guaranteed cancel territory. I hope Pope gets even more ridiculous, and the black guy keeps on calling him "convict". Stupid Ben will continue to pull off his ridiculousness, and Tom will stand around looking for somebody to hug, and like he needs a shower.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

There is actually a new one out. You just see burned out walls with "KEEP FIGHTING!" on them, and then at the end, a really poorly done skitter comes running out from around the corner. I do hold out hope that it will move firmly into the campy camp this season. It already looks like complete trash, and I cannot remember laughing so hard as when Bionic Woman went firmly into awful guaranteed cancel territory. I hope Pope gets even more ridiculous, and the black guy keeps on calling him "convict". Stupid Ben will continue to pull off his ridiculousness, and Tom will stand around looking for somebody to hug, and like he needs a shower.-Doom

You nailed it and I am not really looking forward to this show coming back but I would probably end up watching this show just because there is nothing on during the summer (and SyFy is airing the last episodes of Eureka, starting tomorrow, and I have no idea when Warehouse 13 is coming back). In addition, I hope to God that they move away from the campy family drama, make Lourdes a better character to watch (she still can be religious but I would like for her to be more develop than the token religious character that does stupid stuff), bring back Karen (not as a Skitter puppet), make the resistance members competent, and do away with the hugs (is this too much to ask for?).

On another note, did anybody else get a Kirk Russel "Escape from LA vibe" while watching Pope riding on his motorcycle (either way I was laughing when I saw it)? It was a bit too much for me but also funny that Pope seems to be the only one who is remotely competent in fighting the Skitters and now is organizing/leading attacks.

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:31 PM.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

2 minute Season 2 promo

A better promo. I cannot wait for the season to begin.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

I tell you what, if this show fails, it won't be because of lack of promotion. They are running ads on this thing bigtime during NBA games. They had a scroll at the bottom of the screen during free throws! They are going all-in I guess.