The Cast in Other Roles: Paging Dr. Carter to the ER, Stat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

32 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jun 16, 2011 @ 4:23 PM

Noah Wyle is the most well-known member of the cast (at least to me), but the other actors have been working, too. Talk about those roles in here.

paulvdb

paulvdb

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2011 @ 3:15 AM

I never watched ER so I'm not familiar with Noah Wyle. But a quick look at the show's IMDB page gave me some familiar names: Colin Cunningham (Major Davis on Stargate SG-1), Sarah Carter from the short-lived WB series Black Sash and Jessy Schram (Hannah Griffith on Veronica Mars).

pretoriantoo

pretoriantoo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

Not to mention, Moon Bloodgood from Terminator: Salvation and Will Patton from VR 5.

Edited by pretoriantoo, Jun 17, 2011 @ 10:06 PM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2011 @ 12:30 PM

Sarah Carter

Didn't know she was going to be in this. I remember actually liking her quite a bit as Alicia Baker in Smallville (and then they had to be jackasses and kill her off.) Also remember her from Shark (with James Woods) and in the hilariously bad Dead or Alive movie, that was based off the video game. Still, I'm glad to hear about this.

Besides Salvation, I've seen Moon Bloodgood in movies; from the surprisingly good Eight Below, to the boring Pathfinder, and finally the hilariously bad Street Fighter movie; and in two quickly-canceled sci-fi shows, Day Break and the extremely underrated Journeyman. Wasn't a fan of her stint as Paxton on Burn Notice, where I felt like she didn't do a good at handling the material and being able to sell the character as a threat to Michael. But besides that, I loved her in most everything else I mentioned.

Will Patton is one of those guys I've seen in a ton of movies in various supporting roles. He was in Armageddon, Remember the Titans, A Mighty Heart, and The Punisher.

Besides ER, Noah Wyle was also the lead in those The Librarian tv movies, right? I've seen them before, and they are usually passable entertainment at the time, but I barely remember them now.

Edited by thuganomics85, Jun 19, 2011 @ 12:31 PM.

Featherhat

Featherhat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2011 @ 1:19 PM

Colin Cunningham (Major Davis on Stargate SG-1),

I got crowned Chief Geek last night for shrieking out "Ooohh it's Major Davis!!" when he appeared, looking very unMajor like.

I know I've seen Moon Bloodgood and Will Patton in a lot of things.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2011 @ 7:21 PM

I know I've seen Moon Bloodgood and Will Patton in a lot of things.

Will Patton I've seen in lots of things, but can never remember his name. Ironically, even though I know she's been good in things I've seen her in before, I never recognize Moon Bloodgood, but her name sticks with me because her name's kind of creepy and I always think she should be in a werewolf/vampire show.

I was pleasantly surpised to see Sarah Carter, Drew Roy and Jessy Schram. I haven't seen Sarah Carter or Jessy Schram in anything since Smallville and Veronica Mars, respectively. I'm surprised to see Jessy Schram is still believably playing a teenager five years later. And Drew Roy, I recognize from his "bad boy" roles on iCarly and Hannah Montana (don't judge me).

rippleintime

rippleintime

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2011 @ 8:48 PM

Besides ER, Noah Wyle was also the lead in those The Librarian tv movies, right?

He was.

The ER fan in me is giggling a little every time he addresses his commander because of all names in the world for that badass yet seemingly somewhat well-meaning character to have? He's WEAVER.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Jun 20, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

Oh, I didn’t pick up on that at all. Hee!

I've seen Moon Bloodgood…in two quickly-canceled sci-fi shows, Day Break and the extremely underrated Journeyman.

Oh, that’s where I’ve seen her. I enjoyed both of those shows, and I especially liked her in Journeyman.

paulvdb

paulvdb

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2011 @ 2:10 AM

Is Weaver an ER reference? I never watched that show so when I hear the name Weaver on a show about aliens my thoughts immediately go to Sigourney Weaver.

scapebabe

scapebabe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2011 @ 5:39 AM

Jessy Schram who plays Karen (Hal's fellow scout/gf) played Hannah on Veronica Mars (the daughter of the lawyer Logan was attempting to frame).

Seychelle Gabriel, best known as the voice of (and the live action actress who played her in the movie) Princess Yeu from Avatar: The Last Airbender, played the Catholic girl whose name I can't remember.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2011 @ 2:21 PM

Is Weaver an ER reference?

Yes, Dr. Kerry Weaver was head of the ER for several years.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

The Last Airbender, played the Catholic girl whose name I can't remember.

Oh, you'll like this: Lourdes.

Hot Capicola

Hot Capicola

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 22, 2011 @ 9:23 AM

Didn't know she was going to be in this. I remember actually liking her quite a bit as Alicia Baker in Smallville (and then they had to be jackasses and kill her off.) Also remember her from Shark (with James Woods) and in the hilariously bad Dead or Alive movie, that was based off the video game. Still, I'm glad to hear about this.

I also loved Alicia and hated that she had to die. However, it did lead to two of Tom Wellings best emotional scenes. When he finds Alcia and holds her lifeless body in his arms my heart just shatters. And then then, when Lois talks Clark off the edge as he's about to choke that kid to death is one of the first Clois scenes where they get beyond the snark (not that I dislike the snark). Sorry to go off topic.

I was definitely happy to see Sarah in this though, although I hope she'll get a chance to take a shower, because damn was she sexy in Smallville with those perfect little sweaters. She definitely had the naughty librarian look down.

Noah Wyle I really liked in the TNT movie Pirates of Silicon Valley where he played Steve Jobs to Anthony Michael Hall's Bill Gates.

Will Patton is good at what he does. All of the roles I've scene him in most notably Remember the Titans and Armegeddon he seems to play a variation on the same character. A battle hardened leader who's rough exterior hides a shiny heart of gold.

Moon Bloodgood, I've only really scene in Terminator Salvation and she did well in the small role she had.

Everyone else is fairly unknown to me, but no one seemed to out of place or miscast in the first 2 eps.

tpel

tpel

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2011 @ 9:50 PM

Moon Bloodgood did a guest appearance on Human Target last year. She was pretty bad, but it was one of the weakest season 1 episodes, her character wasn't well written, and the off-beat tone of that show might be hard to get into for a single episode. I thought she was much better here in Falling Skies.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2011 @ 2:24 PM

The last thing I saw Sarah Carter in was DOA:Dead or Alive, based on the video game, and this werewolf movie called Skinwalkers. She was good in it and the movie itself wasn't too bad until it got to that WTF ending. I was so pissed off the rest of the night after watching that.

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2011 @ 4:21 AM

I don't think I will ever be able to disassociate Moon Bloodgood from her horrible role on Burn Notice.

Bunty

Bunty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

Will Patton is good at what he does. All of the roles I've scene him in most notably Remember the Titans and Armegeddon he seems to play a variation on the same character. A battle hardened leader who's rough exterior hides a shiny heart of gold.

Patton really played against that type in his role as Jackson Haisley in "The Agency" a tv series that ran from 2001–2003. His character was (if I remember correctly) an analyst for the CIA. As Jackson, Patton was quiet and slightly shy not a field operative type at all.

Will Patton has also narrated quite a few audio books. He is from the Carolinas and has a lovely Southern accent.

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2011 @ 6:33 AM

I don't think I will ever be able to disassociate Moon Bloodgood from her horrible role on Burn Notice.

I agree. She ruined the eps she was in. In fact, I don't think she's that good of an actress. Although Journeyman is one of my favorite gone-too-soon shows, she was the weak link and her scenes made that show slightly less enjoyable.

Will Patton has also narrated quite a few audio books. He is from the Carolinas and has a lovely Southern accent.

Oh, really? I'm gonna have to check this out. Will has one of the sexiest voices I have ever heard and would love to hear a book narrated by him.

Bunty

Bunty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 8:17 PM

Oh, really? I'm gonna have to check this out. Will has one of the sexiest voices I have ever heard and would love to hear a book narrated by him.

He has read Faulkner, James Lee Burke, Jack Kerouac, Annie Proulx, Larry McMurtry. & Charles Frazier as well as a few others.

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 11:10 PM

The first major role I recall seeing Will Patton in was No Way Out [1987]. He played a kind of nervous dweeby senator's aide who killed himself because he was afraid of being found out to be gay. The part was generally pretty unlikeable, and seeing his face again always sinks my stomach. Otherwise, a lot of strictly-by-the-book characters.

imatwkrp

imatwkrp

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 8, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

Steven Weber (Dr. Wings) was seriously the only good thing about Aaron Sorkin's blessedly short-lived Studio 60 show. Weber was born to play an evil network executive, and he had the timing of a comic genius with his lines.

I watch him on Falling Skies and wonder if he has much pain when he reflects on the contrast between FS scripts, and what he used to be able to do.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2011 @ 10:42 PM

That is so true. He was unbelievably good on that ridiculous show. He also made the comedy on Wings look effortless. It wasn’t a top-notch show, but it had some good characters.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2011 @ 8:23 AM

I watch him on Falling Skies and wonder if he has much pain when he reflects on the contrast between FS scripts, and what he used to be able to do.

Remember Happy Town?

Danny Franks

Danny Franks

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2011 @ 11:19 AM

Will Patton is one of those guys I've seen in a ton of movies in various supporting roles. He was in Armageddon, Remember the Titans, A Mighty Heart, and The Punisher.

He's good in that movie, as the coach who's undeservedly passed over for promotion for Denzel Washington's character. He sucks it up, does his job and rises above all the petty, bigoted bullshit.

The movie itself is a pretty schmaltzy, feelgood affair, but I like it anyway.

I saw Jessy Schram, who plays Karen, in Unstoppable, the brain dead Tony Scott movie. She plays Captain Kirk's wife, and has little to do other than to stare worriedly at a tv screen, and then celebrate (like everyone else in the movie) when Denzel and Kirk save the day.

Noah Wyle did a movie, probably over 10 years ago now, with Roy Scheider, Julianne Moore and Blythe Danner, called The Myth of Fingerprints. It was a somewhat odd 'dysfunctional family' tale about four grown up kids coming home for Thanksgiving.

He played the youngest son, who had some mysterious grudge against his father because of something that happened some years earlier. Honestly, there was a lot of navel gazing and self analysis, but it was a decent movie.

Edited by Danny Franks, Jul 9, 2011 @ 11:20 AM.

ninakix

ninakix

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2011 @ 3:53 PM

I have a hard time taking Noah Wyle seriously while he is sporting a beard due to some particularly bad episodes of ER set in Africa.

Edited by ninakix, Jul 11, 2011 @ 3:54 PM.

mmm360

mmm360

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2011 @ 4:04 PM

I will never forget Will Patton's meltdown toward the end of No Way Out. That's when I first took notice of him.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

Jessy Schram (a.k.a. Karen) is schedule to appear on ABC's Once Upon A Time, as Cinderella (the episode is titled "The Price of Gold") on Nov 13. Does this mean that she is done with FS or will her character be reduced to a recurring role?

Edited by TVspectator, Oct 24, 2011 @ 11:19 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 1:24 AM

It’s possible they worked something out with the shooting schedules of both shows, especially if her part as Cinderella is a recurring role. I hope so, anyway!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Oct 25, 2011 @ 1:25 AM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 8:48 PM

It’s possible they worked something out with the shooting schedules of both shows, especially if her part as Cinderella is a recurring role. I hope so, anyway!-TWoP Howard

I hope that they did work something out between FS and Once Upon A Time. In addition, do both shows (FS and Once Upon A Time), are filmed in the same area? If they are, then it is possible for Schram to do both (although, her role as Cinderella could easily become a main role; it happened before for other shows and actors).

Edited by TVspectator, Oct 26, 2011 @ 8:49 PM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

I have no idea what his actual name is, but that guy from Lost is in the new previews that have been airing for a month or two.