Ice Loves Coco

• Please log in to reply

230 replies to this topic

alexl467

alexl467

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 5:22 AM

(Since one doesn't appear to already exist I decided to create a thread dealing with the new E! reality show Ice Loves CoCo.)

Ice Loves CoCo:
The show revolves around the 'Law & Order: SVU' co-star's marriage to his model wife of 10 years, Coco, and explore their daily lives.

Edited by alexl467, Jun 13, 2011 @ 5:23 AM.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 6:43 AM

I've been meaning to check this one out since I'm a huge Ice-T fan; I caught the sneak previews and it seems like a fun show to watch. They seem love with other.

Coco may come across as a ditz, but I think that she's smarter than she appears.

princessesmommy

princessesmommy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 8:01 AM

Coco exercising in disco era lucite high heels has to be the best moment of the episode to me!

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 8:07 AM

I was completely prepared to hate this show...but I didn't. I actually really liked the two of them as a couple.

victoriassecret

victoriassecret

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 8:37 AM

I enjoyed this show. They are a nice couple and I've been waiting for something new since Married to Rock.

BornForThis

BornForThis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 8:55 AM

Love this show so far! CoCo seems really down to earth.

AmaiaIsabella

AmaiaIsabella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 9:51 AM

I love that we're seeing a real couple who enjoy being married to one another. This doesn't seem like the type of show where any drama is manufactured just for the sake of seeing them fight. Their lives are interesting enough already, this is just a peek inside for us. Love it.

Rula Lenzka

Rula Lenzka

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 10:05 AM

I love them so far. Ice-T seems like a really cool guy. Coco seems really sweet and I love how she's close with her sister, talking to her on Skype. Can you imagine being those kids with Auntie Coco and Uncle Ice coming for Thanksgiving dinner? How cool would that be?

I also cracked up at Spartacus, during his meeting with the agent. "Spart!" "Spart!" (Spartacus stares off the other way) Ha! I love his big Bulldog face.

IvySpice

IvySpice

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 10:12 AM

Can you imagine being those kids with Auntie Coco and Uncle Ice coming for Thanksgiving dinner?

Uncle Ice would be the bomb, but I'd be seriously creeped out by Auntie Coco. I do not want to see camel toe and acres of cleavage on ANY of my relatives.

Jay Bee

Jay Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 10:19 AM

I am surprised with this show I think its going to be interesting. There a great couple because they do everything together and you get a sense they actually have really deep feelings for each other. Ice T is one of the coolest rappers/actors ever and Coco seems to be really likeable as well. I wasn't sure about her but under all of that flesh she seems like a nice person.

annsmith

annsmith

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 11:21 AM

I loved it to. No fake manufactured drama just two people in a real loving relationship. Underneath all that "sex image" there appears to be a smart savvy real lady! I think their dog just may have stolen the show away though.

I liked how Ice didn't interrupt Coco's photo shoot when things were going bad but later, out of earshot of the photographer, he coached and helped her!

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 11:24 AM

I liked how Ice didn't interrupt Coco's photo shoot when things were going bad but later, out of earshot of the photographer, he coached and helped her!

Me too! And I liked how he said, "I like YOU" (in reference to liking the photos). I believed him. I think he really does like her.

How long have those two been married?

JaniceDane

JaniceDane

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 11:31 AM

How long have those two been married?

Since 2005.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 12:00 PM

I caught the early preview of the show, and it was funny to hear Coco make the statement re: Ice's theory of a Sexual Code--- If he's into elbow licking, you better be the best elbow licker in the world!

But they do seem to be each other's best friend, which is a surprise, given Ice-T's past as a pimp.

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 12:05 PM

I can't watch this show. Isn't Ice T one of those rappers who talks shit about how he can't stand black women? He reminds me of men in my family who won't date any woman darker than a paper bag.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 12:24 PM

Hope I'm not speaking too soon because it's the first show, but I enjoyed this episode. I didn't know Ice-T knew how to smile...lol...and Coco is funny. Really didn't expect this. Hope the upcoming episodes are as interesting as the first one.

Coco exercising in disco era lucite high heels has to be the best moment of the episode to me!

I was laughing at that too.

Edited by prosperity2day, Jun 13, 2011 @ 12:26 PM.

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 12:29 PM

I went in to this thinking it would be super snarkworthy but it's not. What a cute show! Two people who really love and support each other.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

Mr. Mac, who doesn't share my addiction to too much 'reality' tv, stopped to watch and commented on her workout wear, too. Then the shot of Spartacus' on the treadmill from behind left us both laughing for awhile (we're not a high-brow household). That was the same clip showed on The Soup last Friday.

Mr. Mac surprised me when, after seeing Coco tell her sister how much she couldn't wait to model the couture wedding dresses because she never wore one and then the shot of Ice listening, he called it that Ice would probably surprise her with 'the wedding she never had' so she could wear the wedding dress of her dreams. Ice didn't disappoint when he told Coco they should renew their vows for their 10 yr anniversary. Damn, Mr. Mac was right! I'm thinking he is watching more of my crack tv than I realize.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 1:53 PM

I really enjoyed the show. They are very natural and it's refreshing to see a show that every word isn't scripted. Looking at you Kardashians...

I think they truly love and support each other. When Ice walked in and saw Coco in the wedding dress, I saw that as a real moment. Genuine reaction not some OTT gasping like on most shows. The show also makes me see Coco in a different light, I really liked her.

I loved when Coco said "See, you like those dresses" and he said "No, I like you..I love you", that was so nice, I would have melted.

I will keep watching.

Edited by 80sBaby, Jun 13, 2011 @ 1:56 PM.

Futhark

Futhark

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 2:44 PM

I really like this show. Coco comes across as genuine and someone who is both savvy and at the same time, a really nice person. I love that they live in a condo in New Jersey instead of some McMansion.

I do have to admit, Ice came across as being a bit of an "old man." I expect if they had a house, he'd be yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

vinyl

vinyl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 4:14 PM

The look on Ice's face when he first saw the clerk in the doggie clothing shop was priceless.

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 4:59 PM

I used to work at a hotel in San Francisco and worked with quite a few celebrities there. Ice and Coco were, without a doubt, the 2 nicest people I ever worked with. I had the pleasure of being their "bitch" for 6 days and I loved them both. What you see on the show is exactly how they are in person. I never laughed so hard on a job as I did in the days I spent with them.
I love that their doesn't seem to be a lot of scripted crap on this show.

Sparkalie

Sparkalie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 7:00 PM

Count me in on the Ice/Coco love! I've been a fan of his since he's been on SVU and she's just always intrigued me. I like that this isn't scripted and those two genuinely care for each other and respect one another. I set up my DVR for a series recording so that I won't miss a single episode. I'm not a huge reality TV fan but I'd much rather see more shows like this than all of the Kardashian incarnations that fill E's airwaves.

wonderchica05

wonderchica05

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 7:16 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to catch this one. Coco came across as very likeable on the promos for this, which surprised me.

lola212005

lola212005

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 4:41 AM

I actually like this show. Coco seems like a sweet person and she is quite pretty. She reminds me of the old pin-ups from the 1940s. If only she would change her lipstick color. Bubble gum pink lipstick is not flattering on her at all. I think if she switched up her make-up routine she would look quite stunning. I DO think that she is lying about her age. Her age is supposedly 32 yet I would have pegged her at 37 or 38. I think it's amusing that she and her husband both have 'drink' names.

suburbfabulous

suburbfabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 7:56 AM

I like the show, but I don't get why they don't have their own cell phones? Doesn't make sense.

alexl467

alexl467

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 8:50 AM

(Please do not take the following the wrong way, I’m certainly not trying to suggest that their love for one another and their individual depictions on the show are not 100% genuine.)

Based on the way they are portrayed on both the preview and first episodes it seems to me that the creators of “Ice Loves CoCo“ will be taking a similar approach to the depiction of Ice-T’s and CoCo’s love for one another and their individual personalities that the creators of “Kendra” take with how Kendra’s and Hank’s love and personalities are depicted on their show. What do you all think?

QueenBee78

QueenBee78

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 8:58 AM

Wishing them the best. Reality tv couples do not seem to have a good track record! Looks like they have a great thing going, why did they want to do this show?

Jay Bee

Jay Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 2:33 PM

Wishing them the best. Reality tv couples do not seem to have a good track record! Looks like they have a great thing going, why did they want to do this show?

I'm just going to guess here but I think that coco had some dreams of stardom etc. before she met Ice-T. Those were put on the back burner for him while she gave him support in what he was doing. It seems to me like this is part of him giving back a bit and allowing coco to share or perhaps be the main focus of the spotlight for a change. From what i have seen she seem,s to be more of the focus than Ice.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 2:52 PM

I can't watch this show. Isn't Ice T one of those rappers who talks shit about how he can't stand black women? He reminds me of men in my family who won't date any woman darker than a paper bag.

Not that I know of. Ice's father was so light enough his friends thought he was white so Ice T must've had a fairly dark mother. Not to mention his first wife, Darlene Ortiz, while not black was fairly dark skinned.

Now Ice was really a pimp and a person could argue that means he hates women in general, although to be fair that was a long time ago.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Jun 14, 2011 @ 2:55 PM.