The All-Encompassing Season 2 As A Whole Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

397 replies to this topic

erilyn

erilyn

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2011 @ 2:54 AM

And yeah Tik Tok and Blame It were good because I love big group numbers with lots of choreography.

These are the ones I particularly don't like. Schue and Beiste at the bar is ok, and the Rachel/Blaine duet is kinda fun (though tainted by the plotline), but I don't like those two songs to begin with, and thought the show didn't do anything with them musically to change or improve them.

Didn't even remember My Headband was in the ep, but I do like pretty much all the funny original songs.

Cylelle

Cylelle

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 3:09 PM

Well Kurt threw a temper tantrum over Britney Spears, loves Lady Gaga enough to wear 10-inch heels, sides with the girls in thinking Madonna is awesome and nearly wet himself after being serenaded with a Katy Perry song, so he clearly has no problem with pop/top 40 music, I don't think it's that hard to believe that he'd also like Bruno Mars.

But Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Madonna and Katy Perry are all female vocalist pop/top 40 music. Bruno Mars is not.

Edited by Cylelle, Aug 1, 2011 @ 3:10 PM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 4:47 PM

But Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Madonna and Katy Perry are all female vocalist pop/top 40 music. Bruno Mars is not.

Yeah, but didn't Kurt also have a total blast with Cee Lo's 'Forget You'? That's pretty much Top 40's/pop so I'd agree that he doesn't seem to have a problem over this type of music.

a finn gleek

a finn gleek

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 11:54 PM

Yeah, but didn't Kurt also have a total blast with Cee Lo's 'Forget You'? That's pretty much Top 40's/pop so I'd agree that he doesn't seem to have a problem over this type of music.

I always pegged Kurt as one of those people who disses something he actually secretly likes, because he considers it lame. I took his "But you're normally so Top 40" to Blaine as a little good-spirited jab towards Blaine's musical preferences. But still, Bruno Mars isn't something that comes to mind when thinking about songs Kurt would choose for his father's wedding.

buenos1234

buenos1234

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2011 @ 4:54 PM

I always pegged Kurt as one of those people who disses something he actually secretly likes, because he considers it lame.

Didn't Kurt agree to dance to Mc Hammer's "Can't touch this" ? in the library because he thought it would mark him as a badass in the school??? And yes, I'm judging him.....

MiniShrink

MiniShrink

Fanatic

• Interests:Guitar, music, literature, chemistry, general nerdery

Posted Aug 2, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

Worse yet: it was his idea to begin with.

a finn gleek

a finn gleek

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2011 @ 5:24 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that scene! But that was Season 1 before the weepy!Kurt and before ALL the characterizations went straight down the toilet lol...

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

Just finished season two for the first time. I have to say, as a whole, I liked season 2 more than season 1. A lot of that has to do with the bullying storyline between Kurt and Karofsky.

I like the progression of the glee club, from losing at Regionals in season 1 to making it to Nationals in season 2. They're improving as a group.

Were the New Directions' original songs actually original? Because I think I liked those better than the covers they normally sing.