S8 - Marko Germar: Bulletproof?

• Please log in to reply

41 replies to this topic

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2011 @ 12:48 AM

It's really sad that Marko missed so much of the tour due to injury (the first 6 shows, I think) along with not always dancing full group numbers. However, I believe he is always doing his solo and the Turn to Stone piece.

Here is video of his solo, performed at a recent venue. He steps off the stage to get "up close and personal" with the front row for part of it. He looks very sweet, performing this:

Marko

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 5, 2011 @ 1:18 PM

Marko and Tadd, dancing the tango in the Stockton show. Hee. I really think Marko has a good feel for comedy. He was pretty cute as the "waiter" in the Broadway with Sasha.

Tango

Soleil

Soleil

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 5:07 AM

Haha, the Marko/Tadd online bromance hits the stage!

You know, even this tango would have been a better choice for their finale duet than the bus-throwing routine they got. #stillbitter

You know, even this tango would have been a better choice for their finale duet than the bus-throwing routine they got. #stillbitter

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 10, 2011 @ 5:49 PM

Soleil, in Jess' thread, I linked a rather long video of that night and most of the tango routine is in it, though chopped up into segments. They were really cute! I'll see if I can link to my post. I know we're not supposed to post the same thing into multiple threads.

Here is a freestyle sequence by Marko, Tadd, Caitlynn, and Ricky at a workshop in NY a couple of weeks ago. On that YT channel, there are numerous videos of the four of them teaching, as well as a couple of interview clips:

Freestylel at the In10sive

Edit:
Soliel, I couldn't figure out how to link directly to my single post, but this will take you to the right page. It's in post #205. The link to the Stockton (Halloween) video is down near the bottom of that post, right before the edit. Be warned, it's 15 min. long, but the tango is all in there. Marko's "ketchup" solo is in it, too. Quite funny.

Video of tango, etc.

Edited by LostLostLost, Dec 11, 2011 @ 11:42 AM.

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

Marko looks adorable in this video with Kathryn McCormick and Phillip Attmore (season 5, if I remember correctly), filmed on the LA subway. I'm not sure what the context of the film is, but it's entertaining:
"Next Stop" with Marko, Kathryn, Phillip

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

I guess filming in Puerto Rico has finished. Marko has mentioned that he is in rehearsals for a number on Monday's The Voice, so fans might want to catch that. Once there is video of it, I'll bring a link back to edit in.

This show seems to be a good one to watch for SYTYCD alums. Last week featured Jordan, Missy, Comfort, and Ashlee Nino.

Soleil

Soleil

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

Ooh, thanks for posting that short film, LostLostLost. Kathryn is deservedly a fan favorite, but I always wished there was more love for Marko. He's SO charming, and can play both comedy and romance well, as seen in that video. He and Kathryn have great chemistry, and are both super photogenic!

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

he's SO charming, and can play both comedy and romance well, as seen in that video.

Soleil, I completely agree! I thought he was spot-on in the Broadway routine he did with Sasha, the one where he was a waiter. If I remember correctly, the judges were a little hard on the two of them, but I came away thinking he nailed the comedic aspect of his character.

I missed seeing The Voice the night he danced, and my roommate (the one who tracks down lots of these links for a paper she's doing) hasn't passed it on to me. I would have liked to have seen it.

mlda88

mlda88

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

I saw very grainy youtube video of Marko with a SYTYCD group on Ellen, promoting Season 9. It looked like he had gotten a buzz cut. It really changes his look, but I like it! I wondered if that group would be all stars. It was Melanie, Courtney, Robert, Allison, and Twitch. That sounds like it could be at least some of this year's line up.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 3:05 AM

Luckily Marko was an All Star this season or I wouldn't have recognized him in this season's "Brittney" episode of Glee. He was in what's her name's tango class.... Rachael.. that's her name.

Yay Marko.

tvtj

tvtj

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

Alex Wong starts the video. And I think that is Marko at the end.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cImIqIK4yLQ

It is a video from channelAPA.com that is making promoting McDonald's new fish bites.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2013 @ 11:40 PM

Dance Plug interview post Season 10 Top 10> Jasmine & then Marko

This guy can do no wrong in my eyes, and he has such a unique voice.  Makes me smile just listening to him.  Big praise for Jasmine coming from him too.