Teen Wolf

• Please log in to reply

4282 replies to this topic

Redred

Redred

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 7:09 PM

Well my cat sat on my keyboard and made a post of nonsense and I cannot figure out how to delete it.  Sorry!

LOL! I got this in my email and thought what the hell?! I thought after the announcement of the boards closure, someone might have signed up just to spam the place. But it's clear your cat has been hit hard by the news, just like the rest of us, and was wanting to share its sadness.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 3:28 AM

However, a show can't go there too often and the deaths start to lose their impact. So instead of being shocked over a character's death, many viewers will be too busy thinking, "Oh, they'll probably be alive again soon, so it's hard to get worked up over this."

See: The Vampire Diaries.

crystalclear

crystalclear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 5:09 AM

It may be an interesting twist if Stiles remembers what happened when he was possesed.

In the finale he says to Scott that he remembers what he did. Poor Stiles. I have high hopes for his emotional arc next season.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:12 AM

I am really curious in this secret Scott"s mom is keeping.

I was thinking perhaps Mellisa was really Stiles mom but that seems unlikely.

Maybe it is just she and Papa Stilinski had an affair after his wife died(i cannot see him cheat on his wife) and that is what caused Scott's dad to walk out. However if that is the case and Stiles found out, I cannot believe he would not be more upset with his dad given how much he loved his mother and he never seems to harbor anger at Scott's mom.

I can see Stiles keeping quite as he is not the type to stir up drama and he loves Scott and does not want hi m hurt and he is loyal to his dad.

Not sure what does everyone think the secret is ? There has to be reason it is getting do as.

Edited by glorygirl84, Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:13 AM.

Ahisma

Ahisma

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 8:59 AM

I am really curious in this secret Scott"s mom is keeping.

In the AfterBuzz Aftershow interview, Jeff Davis felt very sheepish that there's so much mystery around that—he didn't realize that it came across as such a huge deal. He said the secret really is just that Melissa told her husband to get out of the house.

avid_reader

avid_reader

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:04 AM

I just have to say how much I loved the twins and how sad I am that they are leaving. I am glad that Aiden got some kind of redemption. I really think they wanted to be good and was glad he got to go out in full self sacrifice. I wish Scot could have helped him.

I feel bad for Isaac and glad that Argent has someone to take care of. (For now.) Everyone really broke my heart after Allison died and Argent was the most heart breaking. He had to be the grownup and was trained to take care of these things and was really just shutting down his grief to deal with what needed to be dealt with. I am glad Isaac gave him cuddles. Even though the cuddle turned to a scarey, murderous glare. That was an amazing death glare.

I really don't trust cute new detective.

Edited by avid_reader, Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:08 AM.

blueray1

blueray1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 4:36 PM

I'm thinking something definitely up with the detective as well, he has been featured more then the average redshirt. I don't think he's evil, but we'll probably find out next season.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 5:14 PM

Jeff Davis felt very sheepish that there's so much mystery around that—he didn't realize that it came across as such a huge deal.

Really, Jeff Davis? You had Evil Stiles taunting Melissa about the secret without explicitly saying what the secret was, and a previous scene featuring Stiles confronting Papa McCall while once again not actually saying what the secret was, and you had no idea that it would come across as a big deal?

How oblivious can one guy get? 

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:07 PM

I know right. That makes no sense first off why would Melissa need to go talk to the sheriff about that and why would Scott hate her for kicking him out. Void Stiles got pleasure in revealing he knew and Melissa was to upset about that for it to just be kicking him out.

There is a reason it was brought up and focused on her reaction. It has to be more then he is saying.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:49 PM

In the AfterBuzz Aftershow interview, Jeff Davis felt very sheepish that there's so much mystery around that—he didn't realize that it came across as such a huge deal. He said the secret really is just that Melissa told her husband to get out of the house.

It's possible they did intend for the secret to be really huge and mind-blowing, and something that would put a strain on Melissa and Scott's relationship. But maybe they decided it would shake things up too much, or require too much screen time to deal with. So they came up with a "secret" that they could quickly resolve and forget about instead. Problem is that the actual secret didn't seem worth all the ominous mystery that was there when Dark!Stiles was taunting Melissa about it. So it makes that scene, which was great at the time, seem really weird in hindsight.

blueray1

blueray1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:27 PM

Unless she was worried that Scott will hate her for kicking his father out and leading him to leave. Which Scott doesn't, he clearly blames his father for leaving.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 12:43 AM

Unless she was worried that Scott will hate her for kicking his father out and leading him to leave.

The problem for me is that not only can I not imagine Scott reacting that way to the "secret" we got, I can't imagine anyone else (including Melissa) thinking he would react that way either. It just wasn't the "this will make him hate his mom forever" kind of secret.

Which is why I think the secret was originally going to be bigger, and probably involved Melissa actually doing something bad. Because kicking her alcoholic husband out for causing her kid to get hurt does not qualify as the kind of bad Dark!Stiles seemed to be hinting at.

Edited by Bitterswete, Apr 1, 2014 @ 12:44 AM.

azazel

azazel

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 2:12 AM

Well, I think partly the nogitsune was fucking with Melissa. Trickster spirit, remember? I think he tapped into that feeling of guilt she had over telling her husband to get out, even though rationally no one would blame her.

Ahisma

Ahisma

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 2:15 AM

Eh. Here's what I imagined when it came out: Scott has been ranting to everyone for years that his father is a worthless P.O.S. for walking out on them. Melissa didn't explain that she kicked him out the first time around Scott ranted (and Stiles and his dad didn't think Agent McCall was worthy of defense), and the longer it went on the bigger the lie of omission got. Melissa could easily think Scott would turn to her and say, "How did you let me believe that and say those things about him all these years?" She had her head screwed on better when crazy fox logic wasn't affecting her, and she pointed out to her ex that "get out tonight" doesn't mean "don't talk to him ever."

Teen Wolf deals with so many huge, over the top issues, that sometimes it's easy to forget that ordinary family dramas can be a big deal, too.

Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:48 AM

Teen Wolf deals with so many huge, over the top issues, that sometimes it's easy to forget that ordinary family dramas can be a big deal, too.

Agreed.  I don't see why a drunken father knocking his kid down a flight of stairs, causing that kid to lose consciousness and suffer memory loss, and that being the final straw for his parents' marriage wouldn't be a big deal.  Melissa called the sheriff for heaven's sake. 

People really started to get invested into it being a "game changing" secret when the nogitsune started messing with Melissa, but no one credible ever suggested it was something she should really be ashamed of. 

Edited by Gin and Tonic, Apr 1, 2014 @ 9:26 AM.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:07 AM

I don't see why a drunken father knocking his kid down a flight of stairs, causing that kid to loss consciousness and suffer memory loss, and that being the final straw for his parents' marriage wouldn't be a big deal.

The stuff that happened in the past was definitely a big deal. But I'm talking more about how the storyline was handled, especially the scene between Melissa and the nogitsune.

People really started to get invested into it being a "game changing" secret when the nogitsune started messing with Melissa, but no one credible ever suggested it was something she should really be ashamed of.

No one came out and said Melissa did something bad or shameful, but it was strongly implied in that scene. So when Scott's dad is telling him what really happened, my brain was so busy trying to puzzle out why Melissa would think Scott would hate her for this (which is what's implied in the Melissa/nogitsune scene) that it pulled me out of the story just enough to keep the truth from having the impact it could have had.

And I don't think the secret had to be "game changing." Just something I could actually see Melissa thinking Scott would hate her for, even if it turned out he didn't. Like she really went to town on keeping his dad away from him until he finally just gave up. Or something.

I can actually buy that the writers never meant for the secret to be any bigger than it was. They just wanted a "the nogitsune is able to mess with Melissa's head because she did something so bad she thinks Scott won't forgive her" scene in there. But if they never intended to deliver on that, it kind of makes the whole scene a big fake out. 

Edited by Bitterswete, Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:10 AM.

Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 12:16 PM

No one came out and said Melissa did something bad or shameful, but it was strongly implied in that scene.

But only in that scene.  That's my point: there was never any suggestion of impropriety on Melissa's part from anyone other than an evil spirit.  The only time there was any hint of it was when she was face to face with a manipulative trickster who was wearing the face of her son's best friend, a kid she cares about.  On top of that he had already tricked and belittled her when he got her to take off the tape, and for good measure blindsided her by telling her Stiles overheard what she told the sheriff.  I think her reaction (which IIRC was mostly silence and looking at the nogitsune with contempt) was completely reasonable under those circumstances.

And I don't think the secret had to be "game changing." Just something I could actually see Melissa thinking Scott would hate her for, even if it turned out he didn't. Like she really went to town on keeping his dad away from him until he finally just gave up. Or something.

I think this is just gonna be a YMMV thing.  When Papa McCall said that Melissa kicked him out the night Scott fell off the stairs, I immediately thought that Melissa probably felt guilty for kicking him out-- even though she didn't do anything wrong.  And that was confirmed for me when Mama McCall says in the finale that she told a drunk to leave the house, not a father to leave his child.  She was back to putting the blame on Papa McCall where it belongs.  But I understand why she would be worried about what Scott thought about her, especially considering the circumstances with the nogitsune.

And my "game changing" comment had to do with people who became over-invested in the plot line, and who were coming up with theories like Scott and Stiles are secretly half-brothers, etc.  That's why I had it in scare quotes; I wasn't trying to imply anyone on this thread made that comment.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 11:22 AM

Just switching gears I have to say I love the parents on this show. They are all complex, layered and interesting.

I not only love the relationship between Melissa/ Scott and how much she loves and supports her son but I also love what a mother figure she is to Stokes,and Isaac.

The,Stiles/ papa Stilinski father son dynamic is my fav,such a complex relationship but it is always clear that papa Stilinski loves Stiles more then anything and Stiles loves his dad so much. Awesome dynamic. Great chemistry there.

I wish they would have done more with Cora/Stiles. He clearly liked her and they had really good chemistry. Plus her being a warewolf and Derek's sister would have added natural drama. Plus I really like the actress, she reminded me of Eliza Dushku.

Edited by glorygirl84, Apr 2, 2014 @ 1:03 PM.

blueray1

blueray1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 3:28 PM

I wish they did anything with her character, she came as she went without a trace.

wayne67

wayne67

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 2:28 AM

I'm wondering if any of these people will ever learn the lesson to burn their former enemies so they don't come back from the dead . Then again I have a feeling that I shouldn't hold my breath about anyone learning any lessons from anything. I'm kind of curious how Chris's sister is going to deal with all the casualties suffered by the Argent family. I'm kind of reluctant to watch next season after the complete disconnect I felt after the Malia hook up with the show. All sorts of textual and subtextual problems with that ship , I wonder if they'll forget about it next season. 

I just had a thought if Kate Argent comes back from the dead after a scratch from Peter does that mean the season 5 villain will be Jennifer again ? 

Edited by wayne67, Apr 6, 2014 @ 2:34 AM.

blueray1

blueray1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 7:53 AM

I starting to wonder what if Milia was lying about being a coyote the whole time, or did she ever say that she was. What if she did turn back to human for a few years (well going back and forth) and actually knows Kate. She then left for some reason when she was like 15, after being around her and maybe others like them for 6 years. She was upset about something and decided to stay a coyote, which ended up being the past year. So therefore her mental state would be about consistent with her age.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 2:53 PM

I like the twist abouta Mailia being Peter's daughter. I think it will add some real conflict not just with her relationship with Stiles but the other wolves as well.

I am hoping for some conflict with Argent and Kate. He has changed since she was last seen and his attitudes towards Derek and Scott has changed. I wonder if instead of taking an antagonistic role with Derek/Scott, Argent will have to reluctantly step into a type of protective mode given how much Allison loved Scott and wanting to honnor that and seeing how Scott and Derek fought to stop Nogitsone and seeing they are not evil.

Could add a interesting dynamic to the show. Possibly a good conflict for everyone involved. Esp If spoilers of Stiles/Mailia falling for each other have some truth, It make Stiles more torn if the girl he likes and her father are in conflict with his friends Derek/Scott.

One thing I love about TW is not having it dominated by Vapid characters and love triangles.

I mean Issac/Allison/Scott was as close as we got and they did not go to far with it and Allison and Scott where able to stay friends and move on and even firm a nice friendliness with Issac and Kira.

I adore the Lydia/Stiles dynamic. They are basically Best friends and though Stiles loves her deeply he is not a jelous guy who trys to ruin her relationships with other guys. He relizes Lydia is not in love with him(though I think she does have feelings for him but in denial.) and he is determined to move on and let Lydia do the same while maintaining a close friendship with her. Even though They are my OTP I Iove their friendship and how they have become close and respect each other.

I like that they keep that girl drama away from the Scott/Stiles friendship. Even though Lydia kissed Scott in S1 I never see him acting on anything because he does not love Lydia and Stiles means more to him then any girl.

I just how how they have handled the romantic and friend dynamics esp in S3 and the characters reactions and actions.

Edited by glorygirl84, Apr 7, 2014 @ 6:41 AM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 8:46 PM

I never knew that Tyler Posey's father is an actor.

https://tv.yahoo.com...-215421397.html