Teen Wolf

• Please log in to reply

4282 replies to this topic

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 1:18 PM

Yeah, I'm so not the audience for this; but you guys let me know how it turns out. (At least it's not vampires!)

Scott was just a regular guy until one bite changed his life forever.

Now he struggles to understand who he is and what he might become. Is he more wolf than human - or is it the other way around? Whichever it is, it's not going to be easy. Scott will try to control his urges, but mostly he's scared that it's his urges that could end up controlling him.

TEEN WOLF is the story of Scott as he tries to walk the line between what he wants and what he can't help from wanting. Will the bite end up being a gift? Or will it be a curse? And what will it all mean for his relationship with Allison - the girl he can't get enough of? Only time will tell if he should embrace his newfound powers, or if he should fear them.

Premiering Sunday June 5, on MTV

Eruantien

Eruantien

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 1:48 PM

So Big Wolf on Campus with bonus sex and semi-nude fanservice?

Arjumand

Arjumand

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 8:55 AM

Will the bite end up being a gift? Or will it be a curse? And what will it all mean for his relationship with Allison - the girl he can't get enough of? Only time will tell if he should embrace his newfound powers, or if he should fear them.

Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Oh, I'm sorry, I just nodded off for a minute. Seriously, this almost put me off the whole thing. Why can no-one come up with interesting storylines? Why? So now it's going to be Emo Teen Wolf. Maybe he'll bite himself and over-groom.

Though then I watched the first 8 minutes of the pilot, and it's not that bad. Ok, yes, the CGI werewolf was really, really bad, but the rest seemed ok.

Edited by Arjumand, Jun 2, 2011 @ 8:56 AM.

Zengar

Zengar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 1:26 PM

Funny I was just about wondering if we'll have a thread when I saw this.

I will watch this show for the hot guys hehe. Really, I think all of them are good looking. And all the previews I've seen really aren't bad, although nothing really original.

I've given up on being impressed with CGI werewolves, but (spoil bar just in case) the bitten seem to retain some super abilities while in human forms. So the actions don't have to take place with them in dog suits, which I think is a good thing.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2011 @ 7:26 AM

I can tell already that the actor playing Stiles has a ton more charisma and character than the main character. Stiles kind of reminds me of how Dean was at the beginning of Supernatural.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

Big Wolf on Campus

Thank you. I couldn't remember the name of it. I used to watch that, but I was a kid so don't judge.

Not sure I'll watch this, though.

Stephen87

Stephen87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 11:32 PM

my 2 cents on the pilot:

better than the Twilight movies(ohhh I'm gonna get burned for that), but not as good as The Vampire Diaries.

It has potential. I'll give it a few more episodes to make up my mind. If nothing else, I'll enjoy the shirtless eye candy.

Was it just me or was Scott shirtless at least 1/3 to half the episode? Not that I'm complaining. Tyler Posey has an awesome body(quit looking at me like that!! He's 19 years old according to Wikipedia :-P)

between this, Franklin & Bash, and White Collar coming back Tuesday and Torchwood premiering in a few weeks I'm pretty happy.

......at least till Glee comes back in the fall (hey, somebody was gonna say it!)

Edited by Stephen87, Jun 6, 2011 @ 12:00 AM.

bluegray73

bluegray73

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 11:50 PM

I was thoroughly entertained. I had to just accept some of the things they gave me, though. Two kids walking around in the woods after dark looking for half of a dead body while the killer is still on the loose? Fine. They run into the cops, and one of them hides for apparently no reason? Fine. The one who hides is attacked by wolves and continues to chill in the woods with an escaped murderer and wolves running around? Fine.

Where was wolfmom when Scott came home from the party? It was odd that she only appeared in one scene, but that shout-out to 16 and Pregnant was hilarious.

The "outcast vs. popular kids" narrative is so old and boring, but I liked that it wasn't too over-the-top here. The "popular girl" wasn't a bitch, and none of the "popular kids" looked at poor Scott like he was an alien at the party.

Stiles is Seth Cohen.

I found it funny that Derek Hale established that he would help Scott through his werewolfery, then we cut to a shot of Scott wandering bloody and shirtless down the street. He couldn't take him home and clean him up? Jeez, Derek!

Our wolfboy is a scrumptious little piece! On a scale of 1 to 10, where Lon Chaney Jr. is 1 and Michael Trevino is 10, he's in David Naughton territory.

Stephen87

Stephen87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 12:09 AM

Our wolfboy is a scrumptious little piece! On a scale of 1 to 10, where Lon Chaney Jr. is 1 and Michael Trevino is 10, he's in David Naughton territory.

I don't think anybody will disagree with you on that particular point. I'll even put him above the almighty Taylor Lautner in terms of sheer cuteness (and I'm a team Jacob fan kinda. After forcing myself to read the books I personally think Bella is an idiot for not going for the hot(figuratively and literally) Native American. ~ducks for cover~. Just stating my opinion guys!!)

Edited by Stephen87, Jun 6, 2011 @ 12:11 AM.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 12:52 AM

You know, I just went with it, and enjoyed it in a "Eh, it's summer, it'll do" kind of way. All of the male actors are hot, the acting isn't terrible (though I was wincing through the "flirty" dialogue between Teen Wolf and NotBellaSwan), and once the hunter made his first appearance (and of COURSE NotBellaSwan was his daughter DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNN!!!!) I became aware of just how deliciously cheesy it had the potential to be.

Edited by Rina99, Jun 6, 2011 @ 12:53 AM.

Yvaughn

Yvaughn

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 3:16 AM

I'm right with you, Rina99. Summer-Fare acceptable. I thought the big twist about NotBellaSwan coming from a family of werewolf hunters was a delightful chunk-of-conflict, and EmoWolf makes for great eye candy--he looks like what would result if Jacob and Edward had a love child, Edward's face on Jacob's coloring and body.

Works for me!

Sure, I got distracted by how very, very similar this was to Smallville (if only the geeky, researching best friend was a Chloe! Some strong females would be nice). The lacrosse coach got old really, really, oh-my-god-really fast. But again: Summertime. Pretty. Paranormal. Happy Yvaughn.

brighthope

brighthope

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 6:17 PM

I'm watching this for the laughs. Easy summer entertainment.

Tyler Posey was in the running for the role of Jacob, I think I heard which is amusing.

Rational Plan

Rational Plan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 7:08 PM

I'll watch because he is cute. That all it has going for it.

I loved how they were trying make him out to be a weed with his inhaler and and being terrible at sports, meanwhile he takes his top off and he has practically has disco tits and a six pack. I almost lost my eyes from excessive rollage there. Anyone who looked like that at school would be beating girls off with sticks. I don't remember anyone looking like that when I was in the changing room.

Plus lets talk about the change. I had high hopes when we saw the wolf like creature in the mist of the woods but we got was a bumpy forehead and some artful bits of hair. For some reason turning into a werewolf means you need to use parkor to get through the woods. Plus why did his nerdy friend suddenly assume he was a werewolf and then know that he could change at anytime when he got emotionally upset?

But as long he keeps needing to take a shower when he feels the need to change I'll continue to watch, but it might one those record and fast forward shows.

noregrets

noregrets

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

I gave up about halfway through. I won't be back.

On a brighter note, I do have American Werewolf in London, The Howling and Ginger Snaps on DVD so everything's cool.

Ayenat101

Ayenat101

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 11:40 PM

I gave up about halfway through. I won't be back.

Neither will I. This show is terrible. MTV needs to quit.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 12:41 PM

Aw, I liked it. Scott is adorable, the friend is funny and the girlfriend's dad is very attractive. I didn't think it was as angsty as Smallville (which I could not watch) and I'm curious about Derek and his family so I'll keep watching.

dctangerine

dctangerine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 3:31 PM

I definitely rolled my eyes at the previews, but I actually quite enjoyed the pilot(s). Obviously, I lower my standards for summer television, but I really like Tyler Posey. His character is adorably earnest and let's be real, super hot (we're sure he's not jail bait, right?) And then there's Tyler Hoechlin as Derek, providing us all with a little more grown up sexy action. And any show where the popular kids play lacrosse is fine by me.

Will definitely be catching this through the copious reruns MTV always plays, may or may not DVR.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

Stiles really is ride or die.

Teen Wolf: OMG I'm wolfing out!!!11!!
Stiles: Wha? Oh, ARRRG!!! (runs for life)
Teen Wolf: Ok, wait, I don't want to kill you now.
Stiles: All right, cool, let's chill out.

MarmeeNoir

MarmeeNoir

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 1:39 AM

Not VD, but it'll work for awhile.

waving feather

waving feather

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 5:15 AM

The actor playing Stiles (Dylan O'Brien) is more charismatic and compelling than Tyler Pose. And it's not because of the Seth Cohen factor either. He's just a better actor. But Tyler is very cute, so I guess I don't mind.

The only thing that bugged me is the very bland romantic interest, it's all very cliche. And Derek apparently has nothing better to do than stand in the distance to creep people out.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 8:10 AM

And Derek apparently has nothing better to do than stand in the distance to creep people out.

I love that. It reminds me of Angel when we first met him.

KnitTzu

KnitTzu

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 9:16 AM

I liked it. God knows I'm watching worse crap right now (The Killing, I'm talking about you.)

Tyler Posey is well-cast as the lead and I love Stiles -- great character. But what really won me over was the coach asking Scott if the problem was "a guy" in the exact same tones as he did "a girl" and then nonchalantly mentioning that there was an out gay teen on the team. Also loved that Scott wasn't remotely bothered over being asked if he found Danny attractive.

I'm not at all the target market for this show but that sort of thing gives me such hope for future generations.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 2:15 PM

I liked the show. It's nothing great, but it will suffice until Vampire Diaries comes back. Stiles is hilarious, Scott seems likeable, and Derek is sufficiently creepy. I get the feeling this is going to be kind of Big Wolf on Campus meets the werewolves-only side of Twilight. It's the best scripted series I've seen on MTV in a long time.

I'm really curious about Derek. I have a feeling he won't be evil, but I'm still trying to figure him out. I suspect he didn't kill his sister, and it was an unknown 3rd werewolf, and he bit Scott because he mistakenly though he was the killer.

I'm kind of amused by the fact that all teen werewolves now seem to be ambiguously brown and/or named Taylor/Tyler. Also, when did that kid from Maid in Manhattan become a teen heartthrob? It makes me feel old.

Edited by kcblue86, Jun 8, 2011 @ 7:26 PM.

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 6:56 PM

So the werewolf hunter family has the surname Argent? Subtle show, very subtle.

Edited by ElymianDucat, Jun 8, 2011 @ 6:58 PM.

brighthope

brighthope

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Tyler Posey is well-cast as the lead and I love Stiles -- great character. But what really won me over was the coach asking Scott if the problem was "a guy" in the exact same tones as he did "a girl" and then nonchalantly mentioning that there was an out gay teen on the team. Also loved that Scott wasn't remotely bothered over being asked if he found Danny attractive.

I guess that makes up for Allison apologizing for reacting like a "girly girl" because god knows being feminine means being weak and that's not a trait to be desired. Argh.

SparklyLove

SparklyLove

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

I wanted to give this show a chance, I really did, but it seemed like it was trying to one up Twilight.

Shirtless, walking through the woods? I don't think so. And the weak, human girl?

I don't think I'll finish watching.

SillyMamma

SillyMamma

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2011 @ 8:34 PM

Derek is the only interesting bit. I think he did kill his sister (first rule of Werewolf Club: Don't attract attention) but did so because she went feral, as her full-wolf-form semi-suggests.

What's frustrating about the show is how much better a show it could be but isn't.

And word to everyone who prefers Stiles over Wolfbaby; the lead should have had that kind of charisma. Instead, he's boring.

And no Boof?

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2011 @ 9:47 AM

This show has me lmao. I'll watch it for no other reason than that.

giovannif7

giovannif7

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2011 @ 3:19 PM

I'm taking it off the DVR as a Season Pass for the simple reason that it's messing with all the other shows I record. Apparently MTV is labeling all the airings as "New," so all 50 times per week that it's scheduled are set to record, bumping other shows. I don't like this show enough to deal with that. If I remember to catch it on Mondays, I will. I'm enjoying it mainly for the reduction in the teen emo-ness that infused the TVD Season 1 episodes that I sat through.

AStarling

AStarling

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2011 @ 3:37 PM

The lead female (Alison) has got to be the blandest and oldest looking 16 year old since Marissa Cooper (RIP).