19-2: "Hearts are Wild" 2011.05.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

195 replies to this topic

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

People have mentioned some of the other "villains" we've seen over the past few B'ette seasons: Wes, Man Card Dave, and whatever the wrestler's name was. And yet, while Wes and the wrestler may have been there "for the wrong reasons," and Dave was an ass, I don't think I've ever seen any contestant TH with such utter contempt for the Bachelorette herself than Yugo does. And, if Reality Steve is telling people Yugo is a "devout Mormon," I'm nearly wondering if he's being secretly paid off by someone trying to undermine Mitt Romney's campaign ("Hmmm, if this is what 'devout Mormons' are really like, do I want one for President?")

I think Ashley has falling into the trap of not knowing what she doesn't know. She feels that she is a good judge of character, and maybe she is, up in the County where honesty is more of a way of life. But she's going to learn that lesson really painfully and publicly, and I can see how finding out that she's been played for a fool that heinously might make her want to quit the whole show (as CH alludes to in his blog); really, the only thing she could really trust was her own judgment, and after the Yugo reveal her trust in that will be badly shaken. It sounds like her bubbliness is about to vanish for the rest of the season.

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

I think Ashley has falling into the trap of not knowing what she doesn't know. She feels that she is a good judge of character, and maybe she is, up in the County where honesty is more of a way of life.

She doesn't even rate a "maybe." If he'd been just Bachelor #N out of 25, she could be forgiven for being duped. But she'd been given an unequivocal warning from a disinterested (pet peeve: that actually means "impartial") third party, and thought she knew better. She's a nice girl and doesn't deserve to be mistreated, but there's only so much sympathy you can have for someone who walks past a "BEWARE OF RATTLESNAKES" sign and can't believe that one of them dared to bite her.

MasalaCurry

MasalaCurry

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

She doesn't even rate a "maybe." If he'd been just Bachelor #N out of 25, she could be forgiven for being duped. But she'd been given an unequivocal warning from a disinterested (pet peeve: that actually means "impartial") third party, and thought she knew better.

I wouldn't call the ex-wife's friend impartial - whatever the friend knows is from the ex-wife who probably has an ax to grind. Yugo is so contemptuous that I am surprised Ashley did not catch it. It must be the excitement or he must be her type.

Shant

Shant

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 10:40 PM

We've only had 2 episodes. That works out to about a week max in filming time. A week is a decent amount of time to give someone a chance to prove or disprove a warning. Plus, she isn't privy to all of his stupid interviews. With the information she had to work with I think she didn't do too badly. I think she'll be saying Bentley who? in a couple of episodes.

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 3:17 AM

I don't blame Ashley for liking Bentley. He seems to be "nice" when he's with her ("romantic" carry to fireplace and cuddling, the long kiss, seeming "shy" probably rather than disinterested).

And Chris lies so much that I really don't believe he told her the truth. Plus, she should have expected TB to be looking out for her a bit. As mentioned above, they've never had anyone with such contempt for TB-ette before.

It's weird because it seemed so bitter and personal before he even met her. Certainly nothing deserved by anything she did on TB in Brad's season, or even the "offense" of not being Emily.

My guess is he is just an angry man who doesn't like women (whether this was true before, as well as after, his marriage, I don't know, but...seems likely, given the level of assitude).

It should be a lesson to TPTB that it's in their own interest to screen these losers OUT, not leave them in for "drama". Watching someone talked about so contemptously and intentionally hurt, just takes all the fun out.

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 10:28 AM

I wouldn't call the ex-wife's friend impartial - whatever the friend knows is from the ex-wife who probably has an ax to grind.

That's true. I guess I meant impartial in that the messenger had nothing to gain from giving Ashley misleading or faulty information, or from withholding that information. BTW, is it confirmed that the texter was Michelle Money?

Yugo is so contemptuous that I am surprised Ashley did not catch it. It must be the excitement or he must be her type.

Thanks to thousands of hours of listening to "Loveline," my automatic thought is, "Dad was an alcoholic, she needs an unavailable guy."

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 12:01 PM

I wouldn't call the ex-wife's friend impartial - whatever the friend knows is from the ex-wife who probably has an ax to grind. Yugo is so contemptuous that I am surprised Ashley did not catch it. It must be the excitement or he must be her type.

I don't know, it depends on how long she's known the ex. If Michelle was friends with them as a couple and spent a decent amount of time together with the two of them, she's perfectly capable of seeing for herself what a tool he is. And, given his whole demeanor here, I'm not shocked she would have been able to suss out his character. My best friend was married to a complete jackass briefly. And, while I was obviously her friend and a little partial, I could still always see the neon "he's a tool!" sign flashing over his head 90 percent of the time, and it wasn't a shock when he finally proved it to her. In his case and with Bentley, I don't think that finding him to be an obnoxious tool who will hurt whoever has the misfortune to fall for him is exactly a subjective thing just because a friend happens to be involved with him. He's pretty objectively an asshole to any who observe him for a few minutes if the way he conducts himself here is any indication.

Also, I could see him being the kind of guy who would flat out tell his ex that he's headed off to do this to get on TV and try to get publicity for his business. He's pretty unabashed about showing what an asshole he is.

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 2:13 PM

Also, I could see him being the kind of guy who would flat out tell his ex that he's headed off to do this to get on TV and try to get publicity for his business. He's pretty unabashed about showing what an asshole he is.

Does he honestly think that this is going to help his business? Who would want to do business with a creep like this?

Spicey477

Spicey477

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 3:53 PM

I think that Mickey is a great looking guy but I think he just has a bad smile. He was definitely sucking food out of his teeth when Ashley was "flipping" over whether he got a rose or not. It is hard to tell but it is almost like he has bad teeth, thus the comment about having to be forced to go to the dentist or something like that.

I am firmly on the JP is the most interested train. Also add another vote for the Joseph Gordon Levitt doppleganger with JP.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 4:32 PM

And Chris lies so much that I really don't believe he told her the truth. Plus, she should have expected TB to be looking out for her a bit. As mentioned above, they've never had anyone with such contempt for TB-ette before.

I wonder - all those clips that Bently does, about how he doesn't really like Ashley. We're given the impression that he's doing that as the season progresses, but isn't it possible that all the negative things he says, he says AFTER he gets eliminated? And that he says them in order to get what he really wants, which is (IMHO) a spot on Bachelor Pad?
I'm not saying he isn't a jerk, he clearly is. But I also think the producers, along with Chris H, are telling a story, and that there is some manipulation going on in the timeline they're portraying.

Lisette

Lisette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

isn't it possible that all the negative things he says, he says AFTER he gets eliminated?

Sure, it's possible. But I think they'd rather use "pro-Ashley" quotes from him at some time during the competition if they had any. Then maybe a bitter one in ep. 2 or after.

I don't think they had positive quotes to use--which fits with the warning Ashley got from the ex-wife (via, probably, Michelle).

Bentley had an agenda and pursued it from the beginning (and was allowed to by production, which stinks).

Beyond that, he seems drunk in most of his THs. I really think it was done "in the moment".

pitchy

pitchy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 4:43 AM

JP reminds me of Zach Gilford (just general aspect, not super-similar features or anything) whom I saw in "Off the Map" before it was cancelled.

Ants

Ants

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 5:36 AM

Beyond that, he seems drunk in most of his THs.

I wish they had more captions for Bentley. He mumbled so much it was hard to understand some of what he said. Anyway, I'm glad the douche bag is gone.

Constantine and Ben F. look like twins. Constantine is huskier, though. I don't know what she sees in them. Even mask guy was better looking. Maybe she spent more one on one time with them that we just don't get to see.

JP reminds me of David Beckom when his head is shaved.

Oh, that's a good one. I see it.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 7:26 AM

I wonder - all those clips that Bently does, about how he doesn't really like Ashley. We're given the impression that he's doing that as the season progresses, but isn't it possible that all the negative things he says, he says AFTER he gets eliminated?

Given that (a), he always referred to his intentions in the future tense, not the past tense, and (b) he wasn't eliminated -- he QUIT -- I'd have to say that no, it's not possible.

BlueSkies

BlueSkies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 8:49 AM

And, if Reality Steve is telling people Yugo is a "devout Mormon

I'm wondering if Bentley isn't trying to break into Morman movies like Michelle did. His uncle by marriage is an elder in the church. Don't ask me what that means I'm not LDS.

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 11:33 AM

JP reminds me of Zach Gilford (just general aspect, not super-similar features or anything) whom I saw in "Off the Map" before it was cancelled.

Don't you mean William? J.P. looks so much like Joseph Gordon Levitt, right down to his facial expressions, that there's nothing left in his resemblance bucket.