7-23: "Moving On" 2011.05.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

334 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2011 @ 11:18 AM

From Zap2it:

The team questions the necessity of the treatments it is giving a performance artist; House's unexpected action may forever change his relationships with Wilson and Cuddy.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:03 PM

I don't typically post here but I have to say, when Rachel said she was pregnant I said, out loud, "Oh, come the fuck on."

LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:03 PM

What the hell was that???

Speechless...

Obfuscated

Obfuscated

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:06 PM

...huh.

That was certainly an interesting method of catharsis.

Cool interaction/parallel between the patient and House. Seeing the assistant going back to the artist's side must have been his impetus for going to Cuddy, hoping against hope for one more chance.

Convenient exit point for Lisa Edelstein, too.

Also, bwaha, sucks to be Taub.

Edited by Obfuscated, May 23, 2011 @ 8:07 PM.

Josy

Josy

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:09 PM

Ummmm ok what the heck just happened???

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

Well, at least that was better than most TV season finales this year. At least it got me interested.

The patient actually made me angry, but I guess I could kinda see where she was coming from- you know what? No, I don't. I felt sorry for her boyfriend.

I probably should have called Rachel being pregnant, but I didn't completely expect it. Though I did think last episode 'Damn, I thought Rachel was going to get pregnant from Taub, which would make them stay together. Now some random nurse/doctor is pregnant'. Now, I'm just annoyed. How is Taub getting all the action? Well, better than Foreman, at least.

The ending was slightly intense. I was yelling at Wilson to get out of the way and out of the car the whole time.

Bye-bye Cuddy, we will maybe miss you

peggy06

peggy06

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:10 PM

Fitting end for this misbegotten season, I guess. They blew up the show over the House/Cuddy pairing, so blow up the pairing. Re Taub: I wasn't interested in his one baby storyline, so adding another doesn't do it for me. Also, terribly contrived.

cambridgeguy

cambridgeguy

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:13 PM

Hmm, I guess House made a very, very slow getaway while Wilson and Cuddy (and her guests) just stood there contemplating how House almost murdered four innocent people. You'd think her new potential boyfriend would run out and tackle the maniac who could have easily killed all of them.

I'd almost say that the entire visit to Cuddy's house was a dream but that doesn't explain the initial scene with the police. Unless, of course, House's psychotic breaks have grown so elaborate that he includes people talking about him.

Edited by cambridgeguy, May 23, 2011 @ 8:39 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:16 PM

So where is he, exactly? Mexico? And he's gotta go away if he ever comes back, right?

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:17 PM

You'd think her new potential boyfriend would run out and tackle the maniac who could have easily killed all of them.

Emphasis mine. If I were having lunch with a man and his ex-girlfriend drove her car through his house while I was sitting there, fuck confronting her - I'd be like "I don't have room in my life for all this crazy. Take care and good luck."

ShortyMac

ShortyMac

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:17 PM

That ending confused the hell out of me. House on the beach...?

Wasn't interested in the POTW, I don't like the actress who played her.

I totally wasn't expecting Rachel's pregnancy, WTF?

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:19 PM

That was so stupid. Might be the worst episode of this show. I very rarely abandon shows, no matter how bad they get, but why would they greenlight another season considering how much of a mess this has been? No wonder LE has feld the ship. Hugh Laurie deserves so much better.

oldjoanna

oldjoanna

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:24 PM

Sorry example of shark jumping. Never mind Cuddy and guests being almost killed - little Rachel could easily have been there. It's just not consistent with House's character that he would have risked murder - I don't care how miserable or jealous he was. I'm probably reading into it - but it seemed to me that even HL wasn't really into that final scene.

On the plus side maybe we'll get some more scenes with Andre Braugher as the shrink. Have always loved him since Homicide.

Crushingly disappointing downward spiral for the show...

rocketman909

rocketman909

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:29 PM

I'm upset. What in the world have they done to the House character? Is he completely crazy? I'm trying to understand his motivation to do what he did ... what is the meaning of it? Does it mean he still loves Cuddy and is jealous? Does it mean that he wanted to kill her? What satisfaction could he have possibly gotten from such a purely psychotic act? Was it a psychotic break?

Cuddy tells the cop House can never set foot in her hospital again. Yet she won't be back next season, so was this written prior to Lisa Edelstein's decision?

This was a strange, unsettling, unsatisfying episode.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:30 PM

That patient was really annoying and there are no words for what House did.

ShortyMac

ShortyMac

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:32 PM

Cuddy tells the cop House can never set foot in her hospital again. Yet she won't be back next season, so was this written prior to Lisa Edelstein's decision?

No, it wasn't.

LizzieE01

LizzieE01

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:35 PM

Seriously, one season to go and we get this. I've got the season 8 plotline now - House performs charity work in Doctors without Borders (some kind of community service), 13 joins him to find meaning in her life before the real onslaught of Huntington's hits, Taub balances 2 families while constantly leading a double life (leaving PPTH and returning to plastic surgery for the money), Chase reunites with Cameron and moves from NJ to be with her, Foreman leads a team of one, and Wilson and Cuddy marry and have a child together. I can't wait for September.

Edited by LizzieE01, May 23, 2011 @ 8:38 PM.

Gentian root

Gentian root

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:36 PM

Just as they pulled up to Casa Cuddy, I was asking why Wilson didn't drive: he came to House's House, so he must have had his car, and he didn't just have surgery on his driving leg. The logic crashed through the dining room window, too.

mcjen

mcjen

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:39 PM

Never mind Cuddy and guests being almost killed - little Rachel could easily have been there

Exactly. That would have been quite a capper to his arch gesture of handing the brush back to Cuddy. "Thanks for returning my brush. Oh, and you ran over my child."

I'm probably reading into it - but it seemed to me that even HL wasn't really into that final scene.

I have no insight to that, but, despite my huge admiration for HL, I absolutely cringe if I hear or read any interview anymore in which he says he doesn't care what they have House do, "so long as it's well written." It always leaves me asking myself: can Hugh really be so blind as to how bad the show has become? But then, my pragmatic mind goes on to ask: Ah, hell...if I had a chance to do something, anything, however crass, that would set me well up for the rest of my life, and secure my children's future as well...wouldn't I do it?

I'll give him this - he almost makes this tripe believable (assuming you've taken enough vicodin.)

And I'll give the writers this - if they didn't know LE wouldn't re-up when they wrote this, they sure lucked into giving themselves a really viable out for her character. I could easily buy Cuddy leaving PPH and moving far, far away from Princeton after this. I just can't see how House could possibly come back. Or practice medicine anywhere for that matter.

Maybe the first episode of next season is House being sentenced to prison. And the rest of the year, he can solve mysteries behind bars.

fortuneshine

fortuneshine

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:39 PM

I don't know if it was the pre-knowledge (even with a hyphen is that a word?) that Cuddy would be gone for good after this or that this show just does House at the breaking point for the umptenith time incredibly well but I really enjoyed that.

This could have easily been a series finale with everything up in the air and yet in a bizarre way settled.
No problem story-wise with Cuddy being gone now. I'm surprised we didn't see her setting off for a foriegn country. She could never again feel safe with House knowing where she lives or works. Plus I imagine this kind of event is going to get a lot of local press coverage. Not the best thing for a DoM that was ill-advisiedly dating her most unstable employee (And that includes the janitor who wears his pants backwards). She probably wouldn't be fired but only becasue the Board might suggest she consider resignation. She and her life would be the talk of PPTH from now until the end of time. She would hate that. She also has a daughter to raise in the community. I can see her feeling the need to finally leave all this House craziness behind.

That is the closest House has ever come to behaving like a psychopath. He had no way of knowing if Rachel was home; she or anyone could have walked back into the dinning room just as he came crashing thru. Me thinks House may start next season spending some time in the BIG House.

At least House made certain to get Wilson out of the way, even if he still got hurt. Poor Wilson (it can not be said enough, "How cute was RSL?") these were the best talks he and House have had since he hung up on him when House called from Mayfield. Just stating the facts; being supportive and worried without any preaching. If the cops don't go looking for House maybe Wilson will once he figures out that House did "the opposite."

Even with all the anvils that still flew around the POTW I liked the story and loved Shohreh Aghdashloo. She has one of those voices and she knows how to use. It makes everything she says fascinating and touching even when she's being totally irrational. The assistant/lover, Luka, was also compelling. I know there where Huddy echos but there was also significant House/Wilson in their relationship.

And for what it's worth... I knew it! Taub you reap what you sow, dick!

Edited by fortuneshine, May 23, 2011 @ 11:16 PM.

leakeylover

leakeylover

Just Tuned In

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:40 PM

Lisa has great timing.

I gotta go attend these shark bites.

rocketman909

rocketman909

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:49 PM

Is this the end of the Princeton-Plainboro era of House?

Based on what we just saw, the next season has to begin with House either on the run or in jail, right? Cuddy will no longer be DoM, and I can't imagine the show can continue with Taub, Foreman, 13, and Chase being the main focus of the story.

IMO, this is going to take some very serious creative writing to stop the shark in mid-jump and resurrect the core elements of the show.

MissMoneyBags

MissMoneyBags

Fanatic

• Interests:Beauty Contests, Railroads, Real Estate Speculation, Bank Errors, Staying Out Of Jail

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:50 PM

I love Shohreh Aghdashloo and I wish they could have found a better episode for her. I actually did like her little storyline with Luka. It was more satisfying than a lot of POTW wrap-ups have been lately.

As for the rest of it: the writers need to hang it up and go home. When you're scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard that you hit what is basically domestic fucking violence, you're done. A few seasons ago, I might have said "Well, hey, the House writers have the balls to go into uncomfortable territory. Give them credit."

But now? Fuck no. Given their track record, this is just going to be played off as more ~wacky House shenanigans~ and forgotten about in a couple of episodes. Which is horrible considering how many women are actually murdered by ex-partners in real life. It's been pointed out that Rachel might have been in that room. What if Cuddy or one of her guests had walked in at a moment when it was too late for House to stop the car? We're talking second-degree murder. And yes, I know House is all about the CA-RAAAAAZAY shocking moments, but that was just horrible.

rollingstone

rollingstone

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:51 PM

So, you have an employee, former lover, friend, etc. who is blowing through money for hookers and drugs, marrying someone so she can get her green card, taking experimental drugs, causing potentially fatal tumors that said person decides to remove himself in his own bathtub, and you decide that best way to handle this is NOT getting him locked up in the nearest mental hospital, but confronting him about his misery and unhappiness and making him TALK about it, with no help or support system of any kind?!? I think of Cuddy, Wilson and House, House is actually the sanest member of that group.

Mama No Life

Mama No Life

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 8:55 PM

Does anyone ever think that maybe House wouldn't be so miserable if he didn't have Eeyore and Rabbit running after him all the time, telling him he is unhappy and miserable? The man needs a vacation.

Maybe we'll have a time-leap. 13 will be dead, Cuddy will be long gone, Taub's kids will be 3 and Foreman will be running PPH by the time House figures it's safe to come home. That's about the only thing that could save this show now....

Scarlett1972

Scarlett1972

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 9:01 PM

Wow, sometimes you get the feeling that a show is shooting the finger at its audience. Sometimes you pretty much know for sure and sometimes you get the title character of your show driving his car through the house of his ex-girlfriend because he saw a guy in the window sharing a moment that the title character would have considered a slice of hell no matter what the status of the relationship.

And yes, the only thing more annoying that Cuddy narcissistic need to poke House's emotional sore points and bleed all the drama out to feed her ego after having dumped him or House's inability to either embrace the miserable and/or get the hell over it all was that godawful artist because nothing says entertainment than emotionally stunted clusterf**** screwing with other people's heads because they think it's:
a) art
b) being a "friend"
c)all a part of being a bitter bastard

Unless it was a metaphorical affirmation that the writing got out of hand and pretty much damaged the character's already shaky credibility, this just makes me think that we have House back to popping Vicodin because the writers want an excuse to do it themselves. Honestly, the cliffhanger for me at this point is not how will House be able to come back, it will be how the audience can come back after this bizarre hour of television.

Edited by Scarlett1972, May 23, 2011 @ 9:02 PM.

wendymarx7

wendymarx7

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

Oh that was very sad. I feel like I needed more time to say goodbye to House. I don't think a plot line has ever killed my love of the show in such a quick and irrevocable way. That does not bode well for the show because I'm pretty loyal. I watched x-files through to the end and I still watch Grey's Anatomy. Bye, bye LE. You were awesome. Sad.. Sad.. Sad...

TigerKitty

TigerKitty

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

I'll come back next season, at least for the first episode, just to find out how they get House out of the fix they left him in.

tpel

tpel

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Sorry example of shark jumping. Never mind Cuddy and guests being almost killed - little Rachel could easily have been there. It's just not consistent with House's character that he would have risked murder - I don't care how miserable or jealous he was.

Yeah, I hate to say this after all these years, but I might be done with House. As a series ender, this might have been edgy and intriguing, but I don't see how House can come back from this.

wendymarx7, I too watched X-Files all the way through to the end, despite the fact that the second-to-last season was problematic and the last was downright painful to watch. It is something of an achievement that House has managed to alienate such loyal viewers.

Edited by tpel, May 23, 2011 @ 9:15 PM.

HellsBellsTrudy

HellsBellsTrudy

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

Just like Cuddy's lunch guests, I doubt I'm coming back.