You Know You're Obsessed With Fringe When...

• Please log in to reply

539 replies to this topic

petunia846

petunia846

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

Maybe somewhere that's not here. It's not perfectly Oliviauthentic anyway. It really needed to be a smaller size yarn and 1x1 rib if it was going to look like the one that she wears and actually I've noticed there is more than one that she wears. One is ribbed and rolls up at the brim and the other is more like a cap and might have cables or something, I can't tell...it looks softer and more feminine than the ribbed one.

New fic is also a very worthy endeavor.

Edited by petunia846, Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:36 PM.

tigerisis

tigerisis

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

when you watch something else on tv (hour long drama that should remain nameless) and you're not sure if it's just that bad or if Fringe was so good that everything else pales in comparison

I'm having the same problem. I watch a few other shows and they are piling up in my DVR because I can't bring myself to watch anything other than Fringe.

...when you are sick with the flu and Fringe is ONLY thing that makes you feel better.

...when you decide that right after this you are going straight to cafepress to order Fringe Merch.

Coco27

Coco27

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:39 PM

Having the same problem here

... when you have on your DVR a new Castle, a couple of new Scandal, the new Arrow with Seth, a new Nashville, the 30 Rock finale and even though you currently watch all of tose shows, you get up, put a dvd on and watch Jacksonville.

Help?

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 12:37 AM

...when you do a random search on Twitter for mentions of John Noble and you see someone tweeting that he was spotted in L.A., and you start fantasizing he's there to read for a part in Star Wars.

amandy

amandy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 1:05 AM

...when you spend 10 minutes doing google searches because you're convinced an article you found, unrelated whatsoever to Fringe, came from The Onion. Here's the article, from Business Insider magazine: Dr. Peter Bishop on futurism.

Unspoiled

Unspoiled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 2:36 PM

...you read a very old article in which the author remarks that readers, having finished a fantasy novel, will be very reluctant to leave that fictional world. This immediately reminds you of yourself and fellow Fringe fans.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 8:24 AM

. . .you preorder season 5, September's notebook, and the two novels and are near giddy with excitement. Fringe ended? Says who?

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 9:17 AM

Hasn't ended in my 'verse either! Glad to know I'm not alone!

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:04 PM

. . . You almost cry when you no longer see the show listed in the TWoP forums. :(

CurveOfTime

CurveOfTime

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 7, 2013 @ 8:17 AM

You meet a little boy named Peter yesterday and it takes all your willpower not to lean over and say "You are my favourite thing Peter, my very favourite thing", which surely would have creeped out his dad. You settle for "Ohh, if I ever had another son, I'd name him Peter".

. . . You almost cry when you no longer see the show listed in the TWoP forums. :(

You don't know that Fringe is no longer listed on TWoP because you have a bookmark straight to the source and never check the rest of TWoP.

petunia846

petunia846

Stalker

Posted Feb 7, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

You spot a rainbow during lunch and then can no longer maintain conversation with your colleagues at all for the rest of the meal.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:26 PM

When you spend an excessive amount of time wondering what book Olivia was reading in the park scenes.

jenapen

jenapen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 8, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

She might have been reading "Immorality" by Milan Knudera. Josh posted a picture on twitter on the first day of filming season five and it was the blanket with that book on it.

Oops, just realised what topic I'm in. So here's one: when you come here multiple times a day even though you know it's not that busy any more but are very happy when there are new posts.

Edited by jenapen, Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:01 PM.

lizw65

lizw65

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

YKYOWF when you think the recent snowstorm (2 to 5 foot drifts) must have been a Fringe event.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 9:58 AM

You go through major TWoP Fringe forum withdrawal when the site us attacked by Malware! Thank goodness it is back!

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:39 PM

YKYOWF when you take a photo of a painting in a museum just because it's a painting of a fedora...

Lurkey

Lurkey

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:07 PM

YKYOWF when you think the recent snowstorm (2 to 5 foot drifts) must have been a Fringe event.

YKYOWF when you hear of the snowpocalypse in Boston and all you can picture is Peter and Olivia, snowbound and making chocolate-chip banana pancakes all weekend with 5-month-old Etta.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:32 PM

YKYOWF when you read Lurkey's post and immediately want someone to write that fanfic!

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:09 AM

You don't know that Fringe is no longer listed on TWoP because you have a bookmark straight to the source and never check the rest of TWoP.

...when you didn't know it was gone from TWoP because you write your own HTML for your browser homepage and can't bear to remove the link to this board.
And when you find yourself digressing into posting things like this on other show's threads:

You know, the guy putting electrodes on Amelia, who, by the way, so reminded me of a young Olivia from Fringe in that episode. But the evil guy was no Walter Bishop. Huh. Just realized that Bishop is Jake and his dad's fake last name. Maybe they were fans?

ETA one more YKYOWFW:
When you buy an antennae so you can cancel cable and discover that Fox gets poor reception when it rains, but figure it doesn't really matter anyway since Fringe is...

Edited by shapeshifter, Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:13 AM.

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:02 PM

When you are upset that Science Channel is not consistent as to when they show episodes :(

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

When you notice that you are missing season 5 from the first to "Five Twenty Two" on your DVR and you seriously consider obtaining them through shady means so that you can have them for your planned huge rewatch, even though you planned on starting it off the day the season 5 DVDs come out.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:19 AM

...when you find out, quite by accident, that the board is still here!!! and open for posting, and spend the next hour catching up!

sleepingwalker

sleepingwalker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 10:23 AM

Yes, I guess some of us just keep wandering back...hoping for something to discuss!

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 6:11 AM

You know you're obsessed with Fringe when you have saved Twitter searches and keep checking them to see what Netflix viewers say about the show.

So I read these new viewer comments, and one thing is manifestly clear: Walter Bishop is a very, very popular character.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 3:54 AM

When the new style of the forums makes you ridiculously sad, because now you're page # markings are all wrong! (how am I supposed to reread the 6B Canadian promo? Or the first sneak peek from Welcome to Westfield? The season 4/5 renewals, our first glimpse of Simon and Etta, the park scene!)

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 7:09 PM

,,,I was in the audience at my son's graduation.  The kids were all sitting on stage, waiting for the ceremony to start.  I thought he saw me, but I wasn't sure, so I tilted my head to one side, a la September.  I knew he recognized me when he tilted his the same way.  We did that a couple of times, until he couldn't keep a straight face anymore, and he broke into a big grin.... my Geekboy!

petunia846

petunia846

Stalker

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 12:08 PM

...Bolivia was trending on Twitter a little while ago and I honestly didn't even think about it being a country until I clicked on it to see why everyone was suddenly talking about our favorite red-headed Fringe agent. I actually feel really stupid right now.

CabotsintheWind

CabotsintheWind

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 3:03 PM

...Bolivia was trending on Twitter a little while ago and I honestly didn't even think about it being a country until I clicked on it to see why everyone was suddenly talking about our favorite red-headed Fringe agent. I actually feel really stupid right now.

Oh boy! I'm so glad you mentioned that because I did the exact same thing. And felt like an idiot. And then I was going through my Jr High year book and saw a memorial notice for Walter Bishop, and got unbelievably sad, and ran into a John Scott yesterday. I'm just waiting to run into an Astro. It's been a very weird Fringy kind of week for me.

edwenn

edwenn

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 6:13 AM

....when you find out that the people you introduced Fringe to - and who are LOVING it - are also watch other TV shows during the week.

....and when you finally sign up to Fringe forums to talk about the show because your wife (who loved Fringe and has gone along with your obsession up until now) is starting to give you exasperated looks every time you mention a new Fringe theory you heard on a podcast, or a foreshadowing moment you caught during a Season 1 episode re-watch.

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2013 @ 5:03 PM

...when you say "Happy Birthday" to a freaking TV show.

Fringe is 5 years old today.  {sniffle}