Ringer: Buffy's Back!

• Please log in to reply

4611 replies to this topic

phatty033

phatty033

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

The show is up for EOnline's annual Save One Show vote.

Ringer's in 2nd place right now, round two.

Vote here.

this is our only hope! everyone vooote!

Ohmo

Ohmo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

Voted. I will be annoyed if ABC renews Body of Proof and the CW does not renew Ringer. Dana Delaney is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and Andrew is not on BOP. I need my weekly "attractive Brit" fix, and Ioan fits the bill nicely!

It is ridiculous how much I want this show to be spared, even though the odds are highly unlikely.

ETA:

Ringer Finale Preview: Bosses Promise 'Mother of All Cliffhangers' and at Least ...Deaths!

The impression that I got is that the writers wrote it with an S2 in mind. It may be satisfying as a season finale, but I wonder if the same will be true if it's a series finale?

Edited by Ohmo, Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:41 AM.

Gapowie

Gapowie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

That's a fun article, Ohmo. I skimmed a lot of it because I hate to be spoiled, but I love how positive the producers are. I hope they know something that we don't know (as usual) because I really never get the sense that the show is going to be canceled from them. They seem so happy and excited about the show, and so sure of its return. I really hope they are right. I am so psyched for the finale. It sounds like it will be awesome.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

I'm wondering now if Andrew declaring the marriage is over is just a dream sequence.

Spoiler

I can only assume that this means
Spoiler
. Does that character have fans?

Edit: I always do that.

Edited by Princess Aldrea, Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:15 PM.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

Aldrea, you need to fix your spoiler tags!

philippos42

philippos42

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

I think they're right to set up a Season Two. Wrapping everything up would be conceding.

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

TVGuide.com has an interview with executive producer Pam Veasy
"What Went Wrong with The CW's Ringer?"

(I don't think there are any spoilers in the article)

Did the season finale end up being what you guys had planned or was it altered?
Veasey:
It's a combination of what [co-creators Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder] planned and some additions. A television show is a breathing, living creature. It takes on a life of its own because the audiences respond to certain actors or certain moments or certain things. We knew Andrew (Gruffudd) had an ex-wife, but we didn't know how involved Catherine (Andrea Roth) would be in the stories in the back end. And we knew there would be relationship issues with Bridget learning about her sister's affair with Henry (Polaha) and the complications of that, but we didn't know how that would unfold. It really is an animal unto itself when you're starting the season.

Edited by sallysweeet, Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:14 PM.

Brinswan

Brinswan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

Re: the producers not knowing at first how important Catherine would be --

Does that mean when they had the hitman try to kill Siobhan/Bridgette in the first episode, they didn't know who would be responsible for it?

What about Juliette's rape storyline?

I don't know how I feel about that. I feel if you are going to have a story so heavy on plot twists, shocking cliff hangers, etc., you should have an idea of where things are going to be going . . .

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

Does that mean when they had the hitman try to kill Siobhan/Bridgette in the first episode, they didn't know who would be responsible for it?

Probably not. But hey, the pilot was shot months in advance of the rest of it. Does it really matter if they don't know who did it until a few episodes later? As long as they set the stage for it in enough time then I think it's fine.

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

Oh my Ringlets -- aren't you so excited???

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

I am, I am! But I'm also kind of dreading tonight's episode since it might be the last one. I'll be savoring it like a popsicle on the last day of summer.

Gapowie

Gapowie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

I'm so excited that I'm thinking about staying up until 1:30 in the morning so I can watch it as soon as it's available on iTunes. It's going to be so great! If it's even half as crazy as last week, it will be enough crazy for this girl! (But please let it be twice as crazy so if it's canceled it goes out with a bang.)

okiedohkiepokie

okiedohkiepokie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

Just watching the episode now, and during the first commercial, before a commercial for "the five year engagement," the announcer said "the finale of ringer." I noticed he didn't say season... do you think that's an ominous sign from the network?

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Well, this ep was a corker! They did tie up some of the bigger loose ends. Bravo, Ringer!

Henry got his sack back (for the most part). Am I watching Bizarro Ringer? Loved him turning the tables on Siobhan.

I loved Arbogast's flashback to threatening to destroy Henry and Siobhan.

It cracks me up that Bridget thinks Henry will instantly forgive her lie. Give him a chance to absorb it all. It's a huge betrayal.

I thought Siobhan and Bridget were supposed to meet face to face this ep? Or was it just that Bridget would learn Siobhan was alive?

Would a mom really not be able to visit her babies, even if they're in NICU?

jenrising

jenrising

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Oh my. I need this show to come back. I cannot end Ringer liking the Tool Belt. But he was awesome.

Also? I was totally cheering for Bodaway to kill Siobhan. Bad me. But I was glad Bridget got to kill him. And my heart ached for her as she told the truth. Awww.

Vindication

Vindication

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

I really hope this isn't the end for Ringer. I thought the last minute with Henry/Bridget was great. Henry laid it all out there for her. Very good stuff.

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

Wow. A two second throwaway reference to a body being discovered with similar bone structure. That's a brutal way for the Malcolm character to go out.

And I can't believe this show (likely) ended without the twins coming face to face one last time.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

How is an EOnline campaign supposed to help anything? Unless they're going to put up the money for CW to MAKE the show next season.

Goodness I was worried when Henry just up and said "okay!" about the paternity test. I was like, whoa, he's even dumber than I thought. So glad that didn't turn out to be true. I guess Siobhan really DID love him. She didn't just take a knife to his throat for stealing all her stolen money, then make his death look like an accident and run off with it and her girls.

I wanted Andrew to find out he had 2 more daughters. He's the only hope those poor kids have.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

That certainly walked the middle of the road. It was setting up next season, but didn't leave any cliffhangers that would be eternally frustrating post-cancellaton. Gave all the major reveals that I cared about but no HEAs like they were goingto be cancelled.

I've got to admit... when Shiv was attacked I was fairly certain she was a goner and that somehow after confessing Bridg was going to end up posing as Shiv back from the fake suicide after the Bridget who confessed to Andrew "died".

zereaux

zereaux

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

What a disappointing finale!

I'm glad Bridget FINALLY came clean to Andrew and Juliet, but it was pretty manipulative of her to wait until after Andrew found out about Siobhan and Henry and was going to toss her out.

The fact that Bridget and Siobhan never met face to face was a big letdown. Towards the end, I was hoping that it was really Siobhan that was talking to Henry and was going to put a few bullets in him.

The reveal that Henry wasn't the father of Siobhan's babies wasn't that surprising, and there weren't any shocking reveals.

I like this show, but after that, I'm not going to be too sad if it doesn't get renewed. Good riddance.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Damn it! This show better come back.

I loved Shiv all broken and homeless. That's what you get, bitch.

Amery19

Amery19

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Who else was screaming at Bridget, "Do NOT walk near the seemingly dead Bodaway? His hand is going to dart up and grab your ankle! Dooooooonnnnnnnnnn't... Yup, she did."

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Wow. A two second throwaway reference to a body being discovered with similar bone structure. That's a brutal way for the Malcolm character to go out.

If that's all we get then I don't believe it.

Danie84

Danie84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

Color me stupid, I thought Bridget knew Shiv was alive all this time.

Bridget's headshot to the boring bad guy took me back to Buffy.

SMG will always have a place in my heart, however I don't see the point of another season.

jmarrise

jmarrise

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Seriously! I can't believe that Malcolm didn't get better than this.

Also, was that supposed to be a cliffhanger? It seemed more like an unfinished scene.

reneejocelyn

reneejocelyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Loved badass Bridget at the end. The way she marched into Toolbelts place heh.

Also, and I rewound to be sure, Siobhan staked Bodaway! I laughed for about 10 minutes. When he threw her through the window she grabs a large sharp pointy stick and totally tries to stake him. Awesome.

jane08

jane08

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I love this show, but I'm not really sure what they could do with another season. The only way they could keep the series going is to have Bridget endlessly chasing after Siobhan with the two of them never meeting, and that would get frustrating pretty quickly.

On the other hand, I'm never going to feel a sense of closure until they meet face-to-face!

TobinAlbers

TobinAlbers

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Andrew and Juliette leaving together to lick their wounds made me weepy. They both really sold the quiet loss they both felt in their family being turned upside down. Little do they know they have two little girls who need their help to get away from their crazy mama to help them recover and move on. Juliette will be an awesome big sister.

Although if we were to have a second season I wouldn't put it past TPTB to make it so that Andrew isnt' the father of the twins but Arbogast. The way they played it he could've been angry that Siobhan had been stepping out on HIM with Henry the insult to Gemma being an additional sting for him. Also with the loss of Gemma, Arbogast could fill his child void with his daughters with Siobhan, which given his wealth, Siobhan would welcome since she currently has no money and no place to live. I could see her making nice with him to give herself some time to regroup and figure out what to do next- really go after Bridget or just let it go to care for her kids.

If the kids really are Andrew's then basically he's right back in crazy town like he was with Juliett's crazy mother only now he's got two babies to deal with on top of having to deal with Siobhan-who he is still married to. Hoo boy.

Machado for the win coming in guns blazing. I'm happy he finally got his man although this pretty much means Machado has no real reason to come back next season and NC can go on to other projects. Actually, Henry is pretty much done, too, since he's not Shiobhan's babies daddy and he's free and clear to leave having slipped out of the murder rap. Although I'd miss the big dummy.

I did groan that we never got the twins to meet in present time face-to-face. I feel it was the least they could do to have this big stand-off be the final scene. Still, I loved the finale, I loved how they embraced the crazy and I will really miss this show if it doesn't come back. Primetime needs more indulgent soaps and Ringer evolved into quite a fun one. I hope it can somehow escape cancellation.

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

I FF thru ads, but I did see a bit of two shows premiering on next Tues. Rather than Ringer having a season finale, I looks like a permanent one. Having Tues. all tied up doesn't look good.

I was so appalled to hear of Malcolm's death in such a nonemotional way. At least Bridget had a tribute to him at NA. Billy Miller was only on for a few seconds, but I love him!

I'll miss the show, but it looks done. Sigh.

ComeWhatMay

ComeWhatMay

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

I loved that episode & I really hope this is not the end of Ringer -- however naive that hope may be. Denial is a river in Egypt for me tonight.

I was telling Bodaway, I know, I know, to "kill the bitch." A part of me is bugged that Bridget saved Siobhan's skanky ass. When your mother is Siobhan, you are better off without her. Especially when there is Aunt Bridget around.

God bless Solomon. The dog tags in his car were a really nice touch.

I really love that Bridget stayed clean when it all fell apart. Andrew & Juliet's reactions rang true & I don't blame them at all. I want to see all three work it out next season. I hold out hope that Bridget is expecting. And I am fanwanking a happy ending should the worst happen.

I loved Andrew decking Toolbelt & telling him that he wanted to do so since he met him. That was awesome. I loved the Andrew I saw in that lobby at the end with Juliet. Strong & there for his daughter. Bridget did that & I hope I get to see Andrew realize it. Juliet too.

I am glad Bridget at least knows Siobhan is alive & wanted her dead.

Henry needs to take his boys & get out of dodge. Andrew needs to get a paternity test on those twins when he finds out about them. I'm sorry, but they could be anybody's & I hope they are some random guy's. Siobhan cannot just meander back to Park Avenue.

If more episodes the second half were like the last two & there was not a two month hiatus, I don't think we would need Save One Show. It is what it is. Please vote & CW come on, throw us a bone. Give us 13 so they wrap it up in a nice Bandrew bow.