Ringer: Buffy's Back!

• Please log in to reply

4611 replies to this topic

absolutdc2001

absolutdc2001

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

I went to cwtv.com but didn't see full episodes available - can anyone tell me if/when/where I can watch online?

I watched it cwtv.com. Just click on full episodes at the top of the home page.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

Anyway, you are probably right that Catherine has no idea that Siobhan is Bridget. Catherine is clearly a homicidal maniac. It was just an idea that I had, but I haven't guessed anything on this show correctly yet, and that's just how I like it.

Judging only by the way she kept trying to get rid of Siobhan, I don't think Siobhan herself knew Catherine didn't know Bridget was posing as her either.

As awesome as it would've been to see the twins try to save each other under the circumstances, I think its even more awesome to know that neither one of them counted Catherine within their own respective plans.

Jayden Kent

Jayden Kent

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

My friend and I were thinking we'd love to see Siobhan and Bridget team up to take down Catherine.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:09 PM

Wait...why would Siobhan expect Catherine of all people to notice the switch?

Ktwo

Ktwo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:28 AM

I watched it cwtv.com. Just click on full episodes at the top of the home page.

Thank you! Went back today to check again on my laptop, I swear that option wasn't there when I posted earlier (maybe because I was on an ipad?) Hmmmm.

Edited by Ktwo, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:19 PM.

travelgrl

travelgrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

I will be so bummed when this gets cancelled. After a two month hiatus, not sure how they thought it was going to rebound. Still, a great show.

The part that always makes me laugh is how badly Bridget pretends to be Shiv. I love watching her try to backtrack when someone 'reminds' her of a conversation or action. Like when she confronts Andrew about the problems at his company and he leads with "the last time you accused me..." oops. The look on her face is hysterical. I accused you before???? I do find it a bit of a stretch that nobody except her driver/bodyguard notices these lapses. As a person with a truly crappy memory (who often forgets events and conversations), everyone in your life calls this stuff out. They don't move on when you look confused or forget an event, they immediately seize on your confusion and try to clarify. Since Shiv was never forgetful in the past, this would have stood out.

Oh, and that Bridget still doesn't have an inkling that Siobhan might be alive. In TV time, it has been months yet she is still attributing conversations and interactions that she know she didn't have to the before she became Shiv timeframe.

Still, take this stuff out and they wouldn't have been able to stretch out the reveal as long as they have.

Denverdiva3

Denverdiva3

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

Have just come across this show and done a marathon catch-up - what a blast. However it does feel that it could be very comfortably resolved within a couple of episodes without leaving a Firefly-type gap: Tim sets the price of saving M/C as Andrew leaving Bridget, he refuses so Tim spills about Tool and Shiv, A confronts S/B who says "Shiv did, I haven't, explo-cakes., BTW I AM preggers" A mentions tiff in office so everyone realises S is alive and she turns out to be the reason M/C was in the mess in the first place, B testifies against Bodaway, A turns states evidence with immunity and learns that true romance does not need diamonds the size of Utah. And somebody kicks Olivia's arse. Hard.

Denverdiva3

Denverdiva3

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

Double post, sorry

Edited by Denverdiva3, Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:52 AM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

It would be such a cop-out (and a retcon) for the ponzi scheme to be on Siobhan.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

How many more episodes left in the season? I'm almost 100% positive that the cliffhanger will be Bridget finding out Shiv is alive and then that'll be the series. The only thing I'm really curious about is whether Henry's Turtleneck of Doom will make another appearance...

CharlesTheBold

CharlesTheBold

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

I read in the New York Times about an old 40s movie, "No Man of Her Own", whose storyline somewhat resembles "Ringer". After a train accident, an unmarried, pregnant woman is mistaken for the new daughter-in-law of a wealthy local couple; the real daughter-in-law and all the people who could recognize her were killed in the accident. The woman is takn in by the wealthy couple, and cannot afford to explain the truth of the matter, so she is in a situation like Bridget's. The difference is that there is no evil-twin theme; instead the plot turns on the fact that nobody knows what the real daughter-in-law looked like (more plausible in the 40s than it would be now, when everybody has camera-phones and can Email photos). The article did not explain how the story turned out.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:58 AM

The same plot was used in Mrs. Winterbourne with Ricki Lake. A similar plot was used in While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock (although the family thought she was his fiancee and she wasn't pregnant and the husband was only in a coma, not dead). In both movies, the main character falls in love with the fake husband's brother.

I couldn't find a movie called No Man of Her Own from the 40s, but I found one from 1932 (starring Clark Gable and Carole Lombard which is about something else entirely) and another from 1950 (starring Barbara Stanwyck and John Lund which has a plot similar to the one you described. According to the IMDB plot summary, the main character's ex-boyfriend (the one who got her pregnant and then dumped her) finds her and starts blackmailing her, eventually trying to get her to marry him but he ends up being murdered. According to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man_of_Her_Own]wikipedia], the movie was based on a book called I Married a Dead Man. The main character falls in love with the dead guy's brother, too. According to IMDB, Mrs. Winterbourne is a remake of No Man of Her Own.

Amery19

Amery19

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

A similar plot was just used --complete with train accident -- on Castle a few weeks ago. http://beta.abc.go.c...ance-with-death Twins and look-alike plots have been around since at least The Prince and the Pauper.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

The Prince and the Pauper

The Man in the Iron Mask, and probably even earlier, though I can't think of an example off-hand.

redpencil

redpencil

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

The Man in the Iron Mask, and probably even earlier, though I can't think of an example off-hand.

Jacob & Esau

SomeTameGazelle

SomeTameGazelle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

Twelfth Night & Comedy of Errors by Shakespeare, and Menaechmi by Plautus, but these are comedies and don't involve intentional impersonation.

LeGrandElephant

LeGrandElephant

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

CW's ratings in general will probably be super horrible in the next month or so until WGN and Directv returns to a contract/deal/agreement to air the CW (and other Tribune-owned) stations will return to Directv owners.

Wait, is that what happened? Is that why my Tivo (hooked up through DirectTV) didn't record the last episode? So it won't record this one either? Weird. I'd ask if they're available online but its probably more fun to just read the weecaps here.

Edited by LeGrandElephant, Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:36 AM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

Ringer is preempted for me tonight by some stupid basketball game. Why?!?!

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

Twelfth Night also, a little bit, if we were to stretch it.

The whole taking over someone's identity trope has been around for a long time, so I don't think Ringer's premise is that strange, if a little fantastical. I wonder if the initial not so good episodes turned people off and they never came back. I'm puzzled why the series never took off.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I'm puzzled why the series never took off.

Quite a few episodes were all setup, no action. I also think too many stories were being started at the same time, and it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. The giant hiatus didn't help, either.

Dragon Suplex

Dragon Suplex

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

This was the best episode of the series! Bombshells going off every few minutes, none of the characters pissed me off too much, and there was just a great undercurrent of inevitable doom just below the surface waiting to rise up. Even the background songs, which always seemed off to me (too loud for the scene or dumb/innapropriate), were completely right on and actually enhanced the scenes. I wonder how much Roger Kumble had to do with it? He should have directed all the episodes!

Edited by Dragon Suplex, Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:25 PM.

Bobbwin

Bobbwin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

I'm puzzled why the series never took off.

Quite a few episodes were all setup, no action. I also think too many stories were being started at the same time, and it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. The giant hiatus didn't help, either.

I think other than the pilot, which was pretty bad, the show started off strong. It introduced a lot of mysteries while still providing enough answers to keep it worthwhile. The first arc was really good, IMO, but it slowed down a lot after the hiatus. I rewatched a few of those episodes again and they're pretty boring - nothing really happens in the story, and the Juliet plot really is quite pointless after seeing how it all ends up.

I think "You're too pretty to go to jail" was the best episode, or one of the best - definitely the climax of the story, as everything that's happening now kind of traces back to the events of that episode.

Also, Siobhan's character worked more when her motives were mysterious - now that we know her endgame, she's really just not that interesting.

Edited by Bobbwin, Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:47 PM.

Gapowie

Gapowie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:57 PM

I think the pilot holds up really well on rewatch. Every word in it is a clue. I don't think they wasted a single frame of that episode. What Ringer needs is reruns, and lots of them.

I am very excited for tonight's episode and exceedingly bummed that I won't get to watch it until it posts on iTunes tomorrow. Wednesdays are interminable. I know I'm probably being delusional, but I still have hope that Ringer won't be canceled. I haven't been this hooked on a show in a very long while.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

I think the pilot holds up really well on rewatch. Every word in it is a clue. I don't think they wasted a single frame of that episode. What Ringer needs is reruns, and lots of them.

I imagine if there had been reruns during the hiatus (and if they hadn't extended the hiatus) the ratings would be in a lot better shape now. Freshman shows just take that kind of break.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

I saw on Dish that the next episode (after tonight's) is listed as the season finale, whether that means its been renewed or not is anyone's guess.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

I wonder how long SMG had to lie in the tub of water. I hope it was warm!

Uh, Andrew, how about turning off the faucet? Your neighbors are going to be pissed when they see the water damage.

I loved everyone's "Jigga wha?" faces when they realized Catherine and Olivia were in cahoots (ahem).

Poor Guyliner. He can't even resolve a hostage crisis properly.

Well, look at Henry Sad Sack! He's doing something smart for a change by asking for a paternity test on his new girlbots.

Season finale is next week?!

ThisTime

ThisTime

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Of course Bridget couldn't go through with it. She's a hero. Not like you and me.
Where's Giles when you need him?

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

That was a fun 40 minutes of television. I was amazed the hostage crisis was resolved like that by the end of the show. Everyone (except psycho Catherine and the Keystone FBI agents - Scooby Doo could have figured out something was wrong) acted really smart this episode. My only wish is that Horatio Hornblower would have gotten free and taken out Catherine himself.

I really wish next week isn't going to be the series finale.

AthenaLeStrange

AthenaLeStrange

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

I bet that Sarah and Ioan wished that they had their superpowers in this episode. Reed could have easily escaped the duct tape and Buffy would have kicked some crazy ass!

Olivia and Catherine as lovers, well I really didn't see that coming.

I hope that by giving us a Season instead of Series finale my faith will be rewarded!

Janepod

Janepod

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

Loved the episode but with one quibble: still no Malcolm!