Ringer: Buffy's Back!

• Please log in to reply

4611 replies to this topic

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 11:37 AM

Hopefully nobody has started a thread for this show yet.

Synopsis:

Ringer, from ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios, centers on Bridget (Gellar), a troubled young woman on the run from the mob who hides out by inhabiting the life of her wealthy twin sister, Siobhan, until she learns that her twin’s life has a bounty on it as well. Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder wrote the pilot, which Richard Shepard directed.

Promo and sneak peeks here

Promotional pics here

The CW has put this on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. behind 90210.

scarynikki12

scarynikki12

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 11:47 AM

minneapple, I knew I'd see you in this thread!

I'm looking forward to this show, as it's been way too long since Gellar has been on my screen. I really hope this show is both good and successful.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 11:54 AM

I really can't wait. I'm going to watch the crap out of this show.

It does seem a bit out of place for the CW. I can see it fitting in with Nikita, I guess.

I just really, really want to love it for SMG's sake.

SiobhanJW

SiobhanJW

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 12:19 PM

So excited about SMG being back on tv!! The show looks so good! Also I can't hate a show where one of the main characters name is Siobhan! Haha! Can't wait!

Edited by SiobhanJW, May 19, 2011 @ 12:19 PM.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 12:59 PM

minneapple, I knew I'd see you in this thread!

Figured I'd see you here as well!

It's funny how we all really want this to be good because of SMG. It's been waaaaay too long since she was on our TV screens. You know the CW will promote the hell out of this one...I just hope it works.

sordidheart88

sordidheart88

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 3:18 PM

My fingers are crossed that this show will work out. I've been hoping that SMG would return to TV for a long time now. I think she's much better suited to TV than movies and considering how it worked out for the other Buffy alum who went to TV I think she has a good chance of this being on the air for awhile.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 3:23 PM

So glad to see SMG back on television, especially on a night and in a time slot where I already don't have something scheduled.

The show looks fantastic, especially since (here's hoping there are no re-casts) Ioan Gruffudd is going to be on my television with SMG.

I'm very much looking forward to this show.

YouWho

YouWho

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 3:28 PM

The show looks fantastic, especially since (here's hoping there are no re-casts) Ioan Gruffudd is going to be on my television with SMG.

I'm right there with you.

Danie84

Danie84

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

Squee! My 90s heroine is back! Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this?. The last thing I saw SMG in, was an indie movie with Forest Whitaker (sp?), where she played a drug addict famous something. Needless to say, I can't wait for her to blaze my screen again.

Rikita

Rikita

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 9:35 PM

The twins in trouble premise doesn't really appeal to me, but I'll definitely check it out to see what SMG does with it. It's so soapy it might be fun.

It does seem a bit out of place for the CW. I can see it fitting in with Nikita, I guess.

I was thinking it sure didn't fit on CBS. On the CW they'll not only promote the heck out of the show they'll treat SMG like a superstar. There's something to be said for swimming in a smaller pond (and being FKA Buffy).

Nova

Nova

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 10:21 PM

Is it wrong to hope her husband isn't a planned guest star? *g*

McCafe

McCafe

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 8:20 AM

The plot sounds a little confusing, but I'll tune in for SMG.

It's been far too long.

I'm looking to all the press, etc.

I was thinking it sure didn't fit on CBS. On the CW they'll not only promote the heck out of the show they'll treat SMG like a superstar.

Agreed. CW is also less likely to cancel it as quickly as CBS might.

Edited by McCafe, May 20, 2011 @ 8:21 AM.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 8:38 AM

Right now, my basic hope is that it gets through at least one season. I'm having TBL flashbacks here (not that I thought that show was good or anything)! *crosses fingers*

katms

katms

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 9:35 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! SMG!! That's ma girl! Very excited.

bbyluv76

bbyluv76

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 9:39 AM

Please refresh my memory, what's TBL?

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 10:36 AM

The Beautiful Life, the ill-fated model drama starring Mischa Barton and Sara Paxton.

I'm fairly certain Ringer will fair better, though. Sarah Michelle Gellar has a built-in fanbase who will at least turn up for the first few eps. (I know I will!)

Edited by Kosmonaut, May 20, 2011 @ 10:36 AM.

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 11:04 AM

Yes! This is one of the pilots I was most excited about when I first read the logline and I was so bummed when I heard that CBS passed on it. Thank goodness for The CW!

I really like the premise of the show, but thought the promo/clips were a bit iffy. Hopefully, it's a show that will build momentum as it progresses. I LOVE the supporting cast - Ioan Gruffudd, Nestor Carbonell, and Kristoffer Polaha? Yes, please. You can't go wrong with any of those guys and the yumminess factor will be high.

And kisses to The CW for putting Ringer on Tuesday nights when I have nothing else to watch.

Nosleepforme

Nosleepforme

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 12:23 PM

I'm disappointed that TheCW hasn't released a full-4-minute-trailer yet. I know those things always reveal way too much, but they're a good way to get an impression of whether it's a show you would like.

That being said. Sarah Michelle Gellar is my hero, which is why I'll be there for the premiere.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 12:43 PM

Not a fan of pure soaps, so I'll keep hoping there will be enough meatier stuff to keep me interested. Also, tt's not like I'm a huge fan of SMG herself, but I still like her enough just for being, you know, Buffy, to check this show out. Also, Nestor Carbonell.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:04 PM

I'll definitely give this show a try. The two clips I watched were decent enough and Sarah Michelle Gellar's a big draw for me in this as well.

I always thought she was better suited to TV than movies and regardless of how this show may or may not turn out, I think I'm right about her being suited to TV.

brighthope

brighthope

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 6:19 PM

Very excited for this show and I'll definitely be giving it decent chance because of SMG. I actually like the premise and soapiness who am I kidding?

I did hear someone say the longer promo showed at the actual upfronts had a Black Swan feel to it?

I was so happy the CW picked it up as I think it has a better chance of survival! I will be very curious to see how it fares in the beginning.

Josy

Josy

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

I used to love SMG on Buffy but I wish she could be more versatile in her interpretations. I just watched the promo and is like watching Buffy all over again. I think that's why she never has had a successful career on the big screen. Other than that I'm going to give a show a try and see what happens.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 11:00 PM

I hate the CW so. so much for canceling Everybody Hates Chris. I can't believe they picked up this show., I guess I have to break my rule about not watching them.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, May 20, 2011 @ 11:03 PM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 7:19 AM

I don't hate the CW but apart from Smallville and The Vampire Diaries, I don't watch a lot from them. I guess I can add Ringer to the mix now.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 10:12 AM

Twins! Seriously, one twin dies so the other takes her place. I thought even Lifetime and USA gave up on that plot device in their movies of the week. I want to watch Sarah Michelle Gellar on my TV again, but really, this plot device.

I don't think I'm going to make myself do it.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 10:51 AM

I just watched the promo and is like watching Buffy all over again.

Seriously? Personally, I was expecting her to be similar to Buffy, but in those clips? Not at all. A completely different character.

Also, I find it kinda funny how many TV female leads these days play 2 characters on their shows. Fringe, Vampire Diaries, some teen show coming this summer and now Ringer. Why doesn't this happen with male leads? :)

Josy

Josy

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 2:00 PM

Seriously? Personally, I was expecting her to be similar to Buffy, but in those clips? Not at all. A completely different character.

Also, I find it kinda funny how many TV female leads these days play 2 characters on their shows. Fringe, Vampire Diaries, some teen show coming this summer and now Ringer. Why doesn't this happen with male leads? :)

I meant her looks, her hair, her clothes, even her expression. I like to see actors change their looks for different roles.

Oh man I loveeeeeeeee some Fringe!!! IMO is the best show on TV right now, so for me Anna Torv playing two characters isn't bad at all and the story justified.

Anyway I'm going to give Ringer a chance even though the story seems a bit cheesy and overplayed. I'm a HUGE Buffy fan and I'll be happy if SMG get's some attention with this.

Christin

Christin

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 3:02 PM

Gave up on network TV after Alias was cancelled. I'll be happily watching the CW on Ringer premiere night. SMG coming back on TV has got to me worth it.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 3:24 PM

And Ioan Gruffudd is another draw for me.

Even TWOP mentioned this as the show they're looking forward to seeing this fall.

good spellar

good spellar

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 8:34 PM

Yeah, I'll be watching the shit out of this show. SMG back on my screen! There is a god! I really hope the show lives up to all the hype I've seen around it the last few days. A lot of different outlets have said this was the most promising show they saw in all the upfronts. But let's face it, even if it blows I'll be sticking around because, well ... SMG!