Ocean's Two: Best L&O Partnership

• Please log in to reply

44 replies to this topic

LexQuodOrdo

LexQuodOrdo

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 7:40 AM

Who do you think had the best partnership in the entire franchise? Is it the snarky duo of Logan & Briscoe? How about the shallow inducing Benson & Stabler? May be it's the lovably quirky Goren & Eames? Or someone else...

green55

green55

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 12:42 PM

I'd choose Cragen and his Twizzlers.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 12:53 PM

This is hard.

Although they hated each other in real life, there was just something about the Logan and Greevey partnership that I loved. I got a real father/son vibe from them.

The way Mike would tell Max about his casual flings to Max laughing at him and telling him to be careful, to their out and out yelling matches about abortion.

But, ultimately, I really loved the Logan/Briscoe partnership.

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 8:43 PM

Dzundza and Noth hated each other in real life? I didn't know that. Is that one of the reasons Dzundza didn't come back?

This is a tough question but ultimately, I go with Logan/Briscoe as well. Honorable mention to Lupo/Bernard and Goren/Eames. Logan/Briscoe, though, just seems to be the classic L&O detective pairing - a really nice, complementary mix of styles/personalities...

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

I'd also go with Briscoe/Logan, with Briscoe/Green a close second. Granted, since Briscoe is my favorite character in L&O history (along with McCoy), I enjoy all of his pairings, but my indifference to annoyance about Curtis causes that pairing to fall short.

I also grew to really like Lupo/Bernard a lot and wish they had more seasons. But I thought Sisto and Anderson really established a good rapport and could be at odds at times, but you still sensed that they respected each other and still had each other's back when the time came for it.

sueli769

sueli769

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2011 @ 10:20 PM

A special mention for Munch & Fin.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 11:01 AM

Dzundza and Noth hated each other in real life? I didn't know that. Is that one of the reasons Dzundza didn't come back?

That's the sense I got from the S1 dvd interviews. Especially from the "Life Choice" episode. Those were real life feelings in that yelling match that Logan and Greevy were having. I think they butted heads a lot.

But the reason Dzundza left was because the show filmed in NY. Initially, they were supposed to film in Vancouver somewhere and Dzundza's family was in California. He didn't like being away from them, so he left after the first season.

Then there was Sorvino, who liked to sing Opera, but the cold and frigid New York weather affected his throat adversely, so he left early in S3.

When Orbach came along, it was such a sweet relief, and the show finally found its balance or whatever it was the Dann Florek said in the dvd interview.

I must add that my favorite Order duos were Stone/Robinette, Connie/Mike and Jack/Jamie; cuz Jamie didn't take shit from Jack.

Also liked Jack/Abby.

I didn't really care for Claire.

WolverineGal

WolverineGal

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 11:12 AM

Briscoe/Logan
Goren/Eames
Briscoe/Green

I just wish they hadn't wasted so many great Lennie years with Rey!

luvdave

luvdave

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:02 PM

Law: Briscoe/Green, Green/Lupo, and Lupo/Bernard

Order: McCoy/Carmichael and Cutter/Rubirosa. I liked the way Abby challenged both Jack and Arthur, and I like Cutter no matter what.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:06 PM

I f'ng LOVE Cutter. To me, he was a combination of Stone and McCoy--he had Jack's passion, and Ben's quiet intensity.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:06 PM

Double post

Edited by Scorpiosrule, May 20, 2011 @ 4:15 PM.

WolverineGal

WolverineGal

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:23 PM

Order side: Jack/Jamie, Jack/Claire, Cutter/Connie

LexQuodOrdo

LexQuodOrdo

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 4:25 PM

I have to give a honorable mention for TBJ fans to the HoYay! subtext-ridden team of Kibre/Gaffney.

But like everyone else I'm ultimately choosing Briscoe & Logan. I loved them and when Dick Wolf let Noth go I was so disappointed.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 7:22 PM

If we're also including lawyer pairs, I'd definitely go with McCoy/Claire, followed closely by both McCoy/Abby and Cutter/Connie. Although, since I love Jack as much as Lenny, I'd liked the majority of his pairs except with Serena naturally.

suzrose

suzrose

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2011 @ 7:32 PM

I f'ng LOVE Cutter.

Its a year later and I still mourn the loss of Cutter on my TV screen. He was intense, passionate, funny - he could be sweet and he could be a total jackass all rolled into one deliciously hot package.

So, on the order side, I'll go with Cutter/Connie, of course. But I also really enjoyed Jack/Claire and Jack/Jamie.

On the Law side, I'd pick Briscoe/Logan and Briscoe/Green. And I'd also go with the poster above that liked Logan/Greevey - even if they hated each other IRL. And Lupo/Bernard was developing nicely.

Dana Girl

Dana Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 4:39 PM

I loved Briscoe/Logan. I also think Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson were an absolute breath of fresh air. Once they became partners the show just felt modern in a way I can't exactly explain.

I tend to think of the Order side as trios, and the best trio was Cutter/Connie/Jack followed by Jack/Claire/Adam. But every relationship during the Cutter/Connie/Jacker period were great and all three had fantastic chemistry.

maculae

maculae

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2011 @ 6:11 PM

Goren/Eames and Briscoe/Green.

marriedaniac

marriedaniac

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2011 @ 7:22 AM

Stabler/Benson and Briscoe/Green / Briscoe/Logan.

Edited by marriedaniac, May 27, 2011 @ 11:23 AM.

mimine

mimine

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2011 @ 4:47 AM

Briscoe and Logan simply were L&O to me. Also loved Greevey and Logan. I don't care about anything that might have been going on offscreen, I completely bought them as friends.

On the Order side, Stone never really clicked very much with Paul or Claire for me but I loved his friendship/father-son chemistry with Schiff.

taiko

taiko

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

Stone/Robinette and Bernard/Lupo

CatsWithAxes

CatsWithAxes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 6:07 PM

Law - Lupo/Bernard, Briscoe/Logan, Briscoe/Curtis (I liked Curtis. To me Green was boring as hell)

Order - McCoy/Kincaid, Stone/Robinette, Cutter/Rubirosa (but only because Cutter was never paired with anyone else. I actually thought Rubirosa was the weakest ADA after Southerl "is this because I'm a Lesbi" yn.)

Roseha

Roseha

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

First place: Goren/Eames. Because CI at its greatest was such an amazing show to me, best L & O of all and at its best it doesn't exist without Vincent/Kathryn

Second place tie: Briscoe/Green, Jack/Jamie, Cutter/Rubirosa

I miss Cutter enormously too. I really wish he'd had more than a couple of years as ADA. Linus was brilliant.

Edited by Roseha, Jun 5, 2011 @ 11:15 PM.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Aug 15, 2011 @ 6:25 PM

Lenny and Mike Logan for me.

On the Order side: Jack and Claire Or Jack and Abbie.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:53 PM

We've all been gushing about them on the UK thread, but oddly enough, it hasn't been posted here:

Brooks/Devlin from L&O: UK

I would cite all the things that make them a great pairing, but this post would be two pages long.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

Well, BondGirl, let me at least have your back on this, cause what you say is true..

I definitely adore the Ronnie Brooks/ Matt Devlin pairing. I look forward to them on my screen as much as I would tune in at least for the Briscoe line at the top of the show on the Mothership.

Thing is I loved so many of the Briscoe and _____ combinations, that I indecisive. Briscoe and Logan, Briscoe and Curtis..

Or the Order side, Jack and Claire, I liked their dynamic, those were the years I was watching the Mothership regularly.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 4:41 AM

Yup, Ronnie & Mattie for me too. Never was a fan of original recipe L&O, but these two turned me into a screaming, gushing, autographed-football-jersey-wearing (note how I worked that in) fangurl.

It's such a lovely father-son dynamic; all about redemption (for both men, in different ways -- Ron from his drinking and Matt from his childhood) and humor.

And they're both just..yummy.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2011 @ 12:02 PM

Briscoe/Green are #1 for me and not just because I once saw Jerry Orbach and Jessie L. Martin filming a scene in Harlem.

Green/Lupo a close second.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2011 @ 10:53 PM

Or the Order side, Jack and Claire, I liked their dynamic, those were the years I was watching the Mothership regularly.

Same here. They had such a nice chemistry that I missed when she left.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2011 @ 11:41 PM

I agree. I never felt that he clicked with any of the subsequent ADAs as well. With the possible exception of Jamie, and even then, it didn't match what he had with Claire

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2011 @ 1:09 AM

Same here. They had such a nice chemistry that I missed when she left.

I think the fact they killed her off, actually was enough of a shock that I stopped watching regularly as a result and none of the subsequent ADA's really stuck, not that each of them individually didn't have their moments, but I wasn't as devoted to the series, or the re-runs as I am when its Jack and Claire.