Person of Interest: Ben Linus Finally Finds Jesus

• Please log in to reply

12957 replies to this topic

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Enjoyed it a lot but IMO both main characters were a bit careless about where they talked out loud on the phone. Finch was talking in the woman's apartment, although she or a guest might have been there. Reese mentioned the POI's name several times in the bar when the POI was there working. Probably the bar was noisy but the POI might catch his own name if nothing else.

Helena Dax

Helena Dax

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

I loved this episode!

I don't think there's Reese/Finch in the future but I do think Finch might be gay. He didn't say "goodbye, Nathan" or "thanks, Nathan", he said "good night" and that's something you usually say to the people you live with. I mean, it was as if he was used, at least in the past, to say that.

Finch was awesome. I stopped to think about him as Ben on a secret mission some episodes ago and I loved to see him on X, it was hilarious. And the last scene melt my heart, it was very, very sweet. This show wouldn't be the same without that relationship.

Fusco's an amazing character, I love what the writers are doing with him. He's changed a lot and I think he really wants to be a good cop and help other people.

I wonder what's Carter going to do, she's also in a very difficult situation. I think that she's going to wait and see what happens.

The episode had very funny scenes, but I found hilarious when Reese tells he-Jordan something like "do you think you could fool anyone with those clothes?". Huh, he fooled you, Reese.

Edited by Helena Dax, Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:01 PM.

chiclette

chiclette

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

When Finch was talking about creating social networking.. he said he created it for the govt because it was easier to associate criminals in their own circles? Did i hear that right? Is that another layer of Finch working for the govt and I wonder if Nathan was the frontman on that?

trrish

trrish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

My lame antenna (yes, you read that right), went on strike at a most inopportune time. I caught up with the episode this morning online. Wow, did I literally laugh out loud several times. When Finch said that he'd created and apparently made money off of what essentially would be Facebook, I thought "I KNEW IT!!!!" (I've never trusted FB). I also laughed because it seemed kind of preposterous and took me out of the show a little bit. Thought it was over the top for a moment but then decided that it was just funny enough that I didn't care. I also made my household wonder about me when I again laughed when Reese kneecapped the guy.

I have been wondering for weeks and weeks if we'd ever see more light-heartedness in Finch. Even if it had to be drug-induced, I found it glorious. Katbart, I'm going to have to fight you for ME - I think I'm in love.

stuckintraffic

stuckintraffic

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

Fun interview w/ Kevin Chapman, thanks leapjoy. Also read some of Dagmara's tweets. She's got quite the potty mouth, kinda suprising, erg.

Need to rewatch last night's episode, because I do remember noticing some gaping plot holes, all of which escape me at this time. I do wish they had fleshed out Rhys Coiro more (male Jordan), because his character barely registered.

Gotta say, I don't remember ever laughing out loud so much at a POI episode; Emerson definitely needs to submit this one for his Emmy consideration. As one poster called it, it really was "Finch's Bad Day" - even if the end was kinda sweet.

My biggest complaint: GET REESE OUT OF THAT #@$@#*@r$!$% BLACK AND WHITE UNIFORM, NOW!!!!! Enough already! There seems to be a decent wardrobe budget for Finch; why not Reese??? Does he sleep in that darn coat or what!?!

bumblehare74

bumblehare74

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 3:50 PM

I think Carter's refusal to answer the phone was quite childish on her part. She was in the military at one point in her life, I would think that experience would give her a thicker skin in dealing with issues that she wasn't necessarily comfortable with. Instead she pulls the old silent treatment routine. Basically the electronic equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears to avoid communication. The only things that were missing were for her to stamp her feet and for her to start pouting with an occasional "neener neener".

She had no idea why she was being contacted, perhaps someone's life was on the line. I sort of wished the writers went there with the story line, with a life being lost due to her failure to pick up the phone. Unfortunately, what I see is another weak emotional moment for Carter, and another lost opportunity for the writers to give that character a backbone.

Edited by bumblehare74, Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:01 PM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

Can't remember his name right now, but the actor playing the real victim was Zeke, the Clinic Doctor in A Gifted Man this year, so that was pretty cool seeing him again.

Fun episode, although I kind of figured that the woman would end up being the bad guy. And I find it hilarious that once again, Reese and Finch made the mistake of thinking she was the victim at first. Those never seem to realize that women can be just as evil as men.

Still, Finch on ecstasy might be the greatest thing ever. Michael Emerson was hilarious in all those scenes, but he also brought a sweetness to it by being so open and showing that Finch does care for Reese more then just a business partner. Great show.

The return of Reese's "kneecap" special! Loved it!

Yay for Fusco finally getting a lot to do. I've really grown to love him. On the other hand, I can barely remember any of Carter's scenes.

TechMama

TechMama

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

katbart, Reese did thank Fusco for getting Finch out of danger.

Drinking game total if I recall right:

lock picks/bumps - 3
kneecaps - 2
Reese asking Finch if he was ok - 1
new bird name for Harold - 1
Reese bringing beverages - 1

I probably missed some.

Edited by TechMama, Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:03 PM.

katbart

katbart

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

Thanks, TechMama, I will have to watch it again! If someone brought me donuts, I would be thanking them alot!

Here is a short fic someone wrote that is sort of how I imagined my missing scene, ie Reese helping Finch come down.

http://archiveofouro...rg/works/372031

TechMama

TechMama

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

One more: Reese reminding Finch he's a very private person - 1

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:13 PM

That's a cute fic. Although I wouldn't mind a more slashy scene. (And by slashy I don't mean actual sex, more like "pre-slash" which can include cuddling but also drugged up declarations of "I love you" while the other guy pretends it didn't happen in the morning.)

I think Carter's refusal to answer the phone was quite childish on her part.

But she already told him to his face that she wasn't going to be part of their vigilante group anymore. I took it as her strength of character and backbone that she was resisting the temptation to talk to him again. I found it strange and presumptuous of Reese to think that he can still call her and ask her for favors, when she had clearly told him no before. Reese can be quite thoughtless when it comes to both Fusco and Carter, thinking they ought to do what he says, just because he says it.

stuckintraffic

stuckintraffic

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

Enjoyed that little fanfic, thanks for linking.

I was emailing a friend about last night's show, and got to wondering......what if the tables were reversed, and it was Reese who got the ecstacy? I have to say, I cannot even imagine what that scenario would look like. I just can't picture Reese freaking out, staring at the microwave, saying all that silly stuff and acting like a total goofball.

But I would sure love to see JC give it a shot ;}~

Edited by stuckintraffic, Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:52 PM.

Princess Lucky

Princess Lucky

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

The episode had very funny scenes, but I found hilarious when Reese tells he-Jordan something like "do you think you could fool anyone with those clothes?". Huh, he fooled you, Reese.

Ha! True that. And, speaking of being fooled, Finch should have suspected the female Jordan the minute she was batting her eyelashes all "omg it's not safe to go back to my place? Not even if you come with me?". I mean, really? Would anyone feel safer because a sharply dressed middle-aged short man with a limp was accompanying them? Oh Harold.

By the way, another hilarious moment was when Reese first goes to the MDMA lab and he's casually talking to Finch on the phone, and a guy jumps him. Reese takes him out in 0.5 seconds flat and and without missing a beat tells Finch 'found a guy!'. So nonchalant, like he just found some change in his pocket. I love Reese's totally calm reactions to adversity in general. When the real Jordan was pointing a gun at him, Reese didn't even blink, he literally just went "we don't have time for this" (eyeroll implied). He's so over the drama, he just wants to get things done. I love that.

I also enjoy the fact there are many moments when Reese is asked 'have you ever hit bottom' (or things to that effect) but he doesn't always talk about it explicitly, the show is clear with the parallels but the writers don't beat us over the head with them. Reese isn't constantly going 'woe is me', he only talks about his personal life to help a victim or to get them to open up, so it's always done for a reason. That's tasteful, in my opinion.

I think Carter's refusal to answer the phone was quite childish on her part.

But she already told him to his face that she wasn't going to be part of their vigilante group anymore. I took it as her strength of character and backbone that she was resisting the temptation to talk to him again. I found it strange and presumptuous of Reese to think that he can still call her and ask her for favors, when she had clearly told him no before. Reese can be quite thoughtless when it comes to both Fusco and Carter, thinking they ought to do what he says, just because he says it.

I agree. Reese was trying to pretend like nothing happened, even Finch called him out on it. Carter knows that if she stays in touch with Reese it'll be a slippery slope. I think she believes that the best way to handle it is to cut off all contact, and I can't blame her. She made a decision and she's trying to stick with it. Of course, come next week, she'll probably need to contact Reese herself but for the time being I think she's being consistent.

By the way, the FBI file said "John Doe" in regards to the suspect. So Snow remains the only one who has actually matched the prints to Reese (of course, since he knows who Reese is), the FBI is pulling a Carter, they've just matched all those prints to each other and they've deduced the man they're looking for has military/CIA training. I think Carter must identify with the FBI guy, he basically is her, sans the knowledge of Reese's good intentions, i.e. he's Carter at the start of the season, an honest law enforcement officer trying to bust a guy he things is dangerous.

I do think the FBI guy will make Carter think twice (three times even) about this whole arrangement. It's one thing if she, a single cop, is OK with what Reese is doing and has stopped pursuing him (just like Fusco isn't ratting him out. They're on their own). But when you throw in an entire team of FBI agents? Would they be so understanding? What Reese is doing is indeed illegal, but it's also necessary (arguably), because Reese offers a kind of help law enforcement cannot. I think that's why in the next episode we'll see Carter's son kidnapped and saved by Reese; she'll feel it in her skin that sometimes the police (or the FBI) can't do anything to help, sometimes the only one who can take care of business is the goddamn Batm... I mean Reese.

Oh and Reese, in denial, calling Carter constantly, incapable of taking a hint? And Carter, rejecting his calls even as she is gazing at blurry pictures of the back of his head? That is so them.

Edited by Princess Lucky, Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:35 PM.

Finnoffive

Finnoffive

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

I guess I saw the chat between Reese and Fusco differently than everyone else did. To me it looked like Reese was coming to terms with the fact that Carter wasn't going to be back (at least right away) so his org chart with one asset on the good side and one in HR was out of whack. I thought he was asking Fusco if he wanted his old position back, but Fusco was all "don't keep moving me around already" so Reese decided to leave things as they were.

The more I think about this episode, the more I love what I think is happening with Fusco. In the beginning, Reese said that he was crooked because he was loyal, and I think Reese gave him someone else to be loyal to, so he started helping people. With this episode, I think he transcended even being with Reese. I think if Reese and Finch suddenly moved to a different state Fusco would find new good cops to stay with. I don't think he'd go back to his old ways. He took an interest in the guy in prison who, I think, Reese didn't have time to worry about, and took up his cause as it were. He worked on his own, not needing anyone to be loyal to. I think he's learned to enjoy being good on his own.

And I have to say how much I loved his speech to Finch "I'm going to take down some bad guys and you're going to stay in the car." Go Fusco! I would never have guessed I'd have this much affection for this character.

I think Fusco is anticipating a future where Reese and Finch have taken down HR, and he's preparing to help. I was pleased to hear him saying that he has almost figured out who all the major players are. He really is good at being a cop! And when HR is out of the way, he can be good all the time.

ETA: Do you think the script told ME what to do specifically, or do you think it was something like "Finch acts drugged." Who ever created the Dance of the Microwave is a genius, in my book.

Edited by Finnoffive, Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:40 PM.

Icanseeformiles

Icanseeformiles

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

katbart, thanks for the fanfic link. It was very cute.

My lame antenna (yes, you read that right), went on strike at a most inopportune time.

Mine does that, too, sometimes. Thank goodness it's never gone out during POI. But it has done it during The Mentalist.

I think a poster was asking about what it was that the baddie put in the microwave. I thought I saw her holding a bottle that was labeled "cyanide". I guess when that's heated in a microwave, it releases the gas like in the old gas chambers. Not a very pleasant thought. So glad Fusco got Finchy out of there.

rebl rn

rebl rn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Upon re-watch, there was another little bit I liked - near the beginning, when Carter shows up at the homicide scene, and the other detective gives her a hard time - "Carter! At an actual HOMICIDE!" That made me smile. But then they threw in that "The guy said it was our fault because we weren't there to stop him". I didn't quite catch that on the first viewing. This show has so many layers, I love it!

And Stoned!Finch is just as hysterical the second time around. I love the look on Fusco's face when he sees Finch doing the Dance of the Microwave (that's almost as good as the Dance of the Cucumber).

katbart

katbart

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Hey, trrish, I can share ME if you can! Someone else on this board (who's name escapes me)has already got dibs on him but I think something can be arranged.

digital angel

digital angel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Could someone explain to me the bit at the end with the bald guy and Tara in the restaurant booth? Who is he? Tax accountant? How is he helping her to steal identities?

Princess Lucky

Princess Lucky

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Could someone explain to me the bit at the end with the bald guy and Tara in the restaurant booth? Who is he? Tax accountant? How is he helping her to steal identities?

From what I understood, going by what that poor wrongly convicted man told Fusco (by the way I really liked that actor, he made me care about that random character), Tara was working with that bald guy (who was indeed a tax accountant). In the end, when Fusco and Finch were in the car, Fusco said he had figured out the connection between the two Jordan Hesters, that they shared a tax accountant. In the meeting of Tara with Baldie in the end he gave her a file and was all "omg I can't keep doing this", so I think he was providing her with other people's information (SSNs etc, possibly even helping her set up bank accounts?) on a regular basis, so she could switch identities often and never get busted, while in the meantime random innocent people were getting arrested.

Oh and talking about the Finch/Fusco scene reminded me; "wanna hack the Pentagon?". Hilarious.

I guess I saw the chat between Reese and Fusco differently than everyone else did. To me it looked like Reese was coming to terms with the fact that Carter wasn't going to be back (at least right away) so his org chart with one asset on the good side and one in HR was out of whack. I thought he was asking Fusco if he wanted his old position back, but Fusco was all "don't keep moving me around already" so Reese decided to leave things as they were.

That's an excellent point, Finnoffive. I didn't think of it so clearly but it fits perfectly with Reese's actions, still trying to call on Carter but having to make do with Lionel. Indeed, maybe Reese was testing the waters to see if he can still work with Fusco the old fashioned way now that Carter isn't playing anymore. And I agree with your entire post, frankly. Especially this:

With this episode, I think he transcended even being with Reese. I think if Reese and Finch suddenly moved to a different state Fusco would find new good cops to stay with. I don't think he'd go back to his old ways. He took an interest in the guy in prison who, I think, Reese didn't have time to worry about, and took up his cause as it were. He worked on his own, not needing anyone to be loyal to. I think he's learned to enjoy being good on his own.

Indeed, Fusco didn't even care about Reese, he made a personal promise to that guy that he would get him back to his family. That poor guy had nothing to do with Fusco's mission (to protect the real Jordan, as per Reese's orders), he was just there to provide clues. But Fusco cared about him and helped him, all on his own, without anyone telling him to do it. I love that thought.

And I also love that Reese always compliments Fusco when he does solid, decent police work. It's almost as satisfying as seeing Fusco be so over Reese's mindgames. When Reese was all fake-grouchy and "fml, hi Lionel" and Fusco was like "whatever, I'mma eat your fries"? That's their new dynamic.

trrish

trrish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

katbart said:

Hey, trrish, I can share ME if you can! Someone else on this board (who's name escapes me)has already got dibs on him but I think something can be arranged.

Deal. We can make it a party. I'll bring the eggs benedict.

Starchild

Starchild

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

So, Kyle was released from prison the same night? Before Tara was even charged? Before Finch came down from his high? I call shenanigans.

saddas

saddas

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

I was emailing a friend about last night's show, and got to wondering......what if the tables were reversed, and it was Reese who got the ecstacy? I have to say, I cannot even imagine what that scenario would look like. I just can't picture Reese freaking out, staring at the microwave, saying all that silly stuff and acting like a total goofball.

But I would sure love to see JC give it a shot ;}~

Reese is to Reese for anything as measly as ecstasy to cause him to do the rumba. Remember he got shot up with needles by the stasi agent and he barely finched, I mean flinched. In fact he'd make the ecstasy if ingested become a blow pop in his mouth with its only effects being it'd turn his tongue blue.

But seriously, Finch was just too much last night, that I was simply nodding with approval. He put himself in that position and deservedly so got played for a fool. Well a jester to be exact but a lovable one at that. I too adore the evolution the two are having and the end scene though comedic was touchingly sad as well. Two lonely men with haunted pasts, using each other to heal themselves and those that need their assistance. The show is just on a 18 episode hot streak and we've got 5 more to go. I can't fathom what they have in store but I know I'll be emotionally invested, highly amused and terribly entertained.

RTS390

RTS390

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

Once again the dynamic duo put out a pretty good performance. I agree that it was pretty easy to figure out just who the bad guy or should I say girl was. That didn't bother me a bit though. Sometimes I like for them to be easy so I don't have to make my brain (or lack of one) work to hard. When Reese comes barging into the lab hollering, "The Boss said!" He was all innocent looking. Untill that feller said, "Hey, you're the guy who!" Now that was some funny shit right there. Especially the, "It was only water" part. I haven't ever got to do any extacy so I really can't identify with the high but no mater what, Emmerson did a fantastic job with it. Him and Fusco in the car was hafuckinglarious to say the least. I personally think Reese needs to start being a little nicer to Fusco. He could tell old Johnny Boy to go suck a raw egg and choke on it like Carter did. Then where is he gonna find any good help??? In the New York City Police Department.??? Ha!!! Good luck with that!!! Even Carter was very tolerable this episode for some reason. Maybe because I haven't got to watch the show in like, FOREVER!!! To me the previews for next week looked kind of "meh" but I know better then that.....

VirginiBound

VirginiBound

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:51 AM

Why does Reese keep calling Carter? I seriously doubt that it is because he is afraid that she will turn him and Finch over to the authorities. And, Fusco would serve the purpose as the helper they need at this point, so why would he even still want to communicate with Carter? Strength in numbers? Doubtful. Either he is desperately trying to apologize for the Elias fiasco, or there is something else going on with his feelings for her. Just the way I see it, for what it's worth.

I believe it was explained this way. With Fusco in deep with HR, as per Reese by the way, he needed a second person in NYPD to do the work that Fusco was doing before. I remember Fusco having that very discussion with Reese when they met in the bar. If I remember correctly he asks Reese exactly what his job is and Reese was all "whatever I tell you." I however do not think Reese is necessarily working with Carter because he has so many feelings that he's feeling for her. I think it's more like he sees her as an asset, and he called her as much, sans any affection, in a back episode. While he may like her better than Fusco, I don't think there's anything more there, then her usefulness. If there's anyone out there, that is useful and that he would wub , I'd place my money on Zoe.

But Carter is a character who was artificially pushed into Finch and Reese's vigilante world by network mandate halfway through the season, so really, not too much rings true to me when it comes to how she reacts to him or vice versa, since she's now completely different than she was before.

For me, the good news about this episode was very little Carter time. Every time I see her in a scene, 99.9% the time it feels to me like, "we gotta stick Carter somewhere, so here's as good a place as any," and they've made Reese the vehicle to get Carter into a scene. So now it's not just Carter that bugs me, added to the list is every time Reese says, "lets call Carter." The problem I'm having with all the need they have for Carter, and it was highlighted nicely in this episode is, Finch jokes about hacking into the Pentagon, but he can't get NYPD files. It just seems to me if Finch is the computer genius, that can build a machine that spits out SS#'s like pez , how come they can't get the information themselves. Then I slap myself up the head and say "gotta put Carter somewhere."

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm seriously think about giving The Killing another chance. Mainly because I like the actors/characters, especially Joel Kinnaman/Stephen Holder. For me PoI has always had a character that for many reasons I couldn't stand. Only now I'm starting to feel some negatives trickling down into the Reese and Finch characters as well. For me it's the difference between mass appeal, and niche marketing. It's like the difference between NYLiteFM and NY-WNEW-FM back in 1967-ish. IT's becoming the dfference between night and day. If it wasn't for the DVR I would have stopped watching it a while back, but it's still good enough when nothing else is on.

housekeeper

housekeeper

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 6:08 AM

For me, the good news about this episode was very little Carter time

Ditto ! I like Carter but the real life attitude of the actress turns me off and has affected my feeling toward her character on the show ! I also enjoyed it much more without seeing her in every scene. I actually find Fusco much more interesting to watch and his interactions with Reese are far more entertaining !

Edited by housekeeper, Mar 31, 2012 @ 6:09 AM.

katbart

katbart

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

I don't know why Finch didn't hack into a social security database to find out the Number's gender. Or voter registration or the census bureau. Even if you don't have a driver's license you would probably have a state-issued ID. (just the reference librarian in me).

Icanseeformiles

Icanseeformiles

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:18 AM

Only now I'm starting to feel some negatives trickling down into the Reese and Finch characters as well. For me it's the difference between mass appeal, and niche marketing. It's like the difference between NYLiteFM and NY-WNEW-FM back in 1967-ish. IT's becoming the dfference between night and day. If it wasn't for the DVR I would have stopped watching it a while back, but it's still good enough when nothing else is on.

As much as I enjoyed this last episode, I worry about CBS's tendency to infuse all their scripted shows with the same generic blandness. i.e. they try so hard to make the show appeal to all audiences that the show loses it's potential to be something truly brilliant. I've seen them start to do this with POI. It's not yet to the point where it would cause me to take it off my "must watch" list, but the signs are there. I feel the show's premise has become diluted.

I wanted the show to be more of a character study of the two guys and their journey toward healing, and their bonding becoming stronger. I wanted it to be about them. It was at first. I love Fusco, but I didn't want an ensemble show. And now, the episodes kind of ramble all over the place. It's still good, but I'm not sure the show will win anyone any Emmys now because the focus is more on action without emotion. Sure, there's some but it's so scant now. Will we ever get a scene like the table showdown in "Cura Te Ipsum" again? If characters aren't given enough time to talk, no award winning acting can take place. And I am forced to admit that Reese has become more of a wooden character because I noticed it in this last episode. Where is the teasing voice he used to use when talking to Finch and Fusco? I really miss that. He's lost some of his personality.

aprildancer

aprildancer

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

Just noticed on TVGuide.com, they have the rerun of Number Crunch scheduled for April 12. So we have a rerun which is better than no show.

scotchellie

scotchellie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:00 AM

In regards to Carter, I'm quite sure she will be firmly back in the fold after next week. Reese is going to save her son and that will earn her undying gratitude. At least I know that it would for me if somebody saved my kid, being a mother myself. I do think that she will start pushing harder than ever to know more if she does come back. I just wish she was written better. Or maybe that she was CCH Pounder or S. Epatha Merkerson. Either one of those would make a kickass Carter.

leapjoy

leapjoy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm seriously think about giving The Killing another chance. Mainly because I like the actors/characters, especially Joel Kinnaman/Stephen Holder. For me PoI has always had a character that for many reasons I couldn't stand. Only now I'm starting to feel some negatives trickling down into the Reese and Finch characters as well. For me it's the difference between mass appeal, and niche marketing. It's like the difference between NYLiteFM and NY-WNEW-FM back in 1967-ish. IT's becoming the dfference between night and day. If it wasn't for the DVR I would have stopped watching it a while back, but it's still good enough when nothing else is on.

For my own curiosity, what episodes have you liked?