I Hate My Teenage Daughter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

47 replies to this topic

toddthomas

toddthomas

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 4:37 PM

I can't even make it through the commercials for this show without grimacing.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 11:43 AM

Ads for this are playing now, . . . and it looks really bad.

And it is,...really bad.

NoDakGrl

NoDakGrl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

I liked it. There I said it. I think I was the .1 of the people watching but I did like it. Of course I watched it backwards On Demand. The pilot is pretty awful but the next couple of episodes weren't bad.

I hate canned laughter, and Annie's daughter is awful......

It seemed like it could have been so much better, I liked the premise. Its not easy raising girls, especially when you were the odd girl out in high school. I get that, but when you just flop over and let those nasty little brats run all over you..........

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Dec 24, 2011 @ 10:17 PM

I only watched the first eppy(is it still on).I loved the title because hey you do hate your teen daughters alot sorry but you do. It was not that great but if they tweeked it and made the moms stronger I might watch I dont watch alot of sitcoms but, both these ladies are so good I hope they do well.

just checking

just checking

Fanatic

Posted Dec 25, 2011 @ 2:03 AM

Katie Finneran Expecting Second Child (People Magazine)

She plays a frustrated parent on TV, but Katie Finneran is embracing her new role as a mom twice over.

The I Hate My Teenage Daughter star, 39, and her husband Darren Goldstein are expecting their second child a boy! early next summer, they tell PEOPLE exclusively. The couple are already parents to son Ty, 10 months.

patchwork555

patchwork555

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 27, 2011 @ 1:12 PM

I have to say, the episode about shopping for dresses was exactly the same experience I had with my teenage daughter shopping for her prom dress. At first I actually looked around and would grab something to show her. No, Mom, just no. I finally sat on a comfy couch pretending to look at a magazine. Dress after dress appeared, my daughter looking more and more lovely (beautiful! so grown up! great color!) back she went to the rack and then the dressing room. I made one fatal mistake, knocking on the door to just show her the cutest dress, she barely looked and shook her head. I buried my face back in the magazine and when THE DRESS was shown to me, I made no expression, said oh, and went back to reading. My only job was the bill, and to note that the dress couldn't be returned after three days and only with all the original tags,no stains, smells etc.

This was a whole new world for me. Freaky didn't come close to describing me in high school. I wore all black, slunk down the hallway ignoring the nasty whispers and hoping no one would notice me. Ha. Dances were for the straight kids, I didn't know about corsages until I was married. Now all I could think of was, my daughter is popular. Boys asked her to dances. She has so many girlfriends. I admit that I was insanely proud. She fit in. And she still does. Fortunately that self-entitled, obnoxious little brat disappeared at twenty, when a kind, thoughtful person emerged.

I still dress in a lot of black and have nightmares of 1971 and I still don't fit in. But I had fun peeking into that alternative universe.

Edited by patchwork555, Dec 27, 2011 @ 1:37 PM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 11:20 PM

Was bored tonight so I watched all the episodes On Demand. I am not in love with the show, but it had it moments. I definitely think the best episode was the most recent one, where Sophie wants to date the older boy. I dont find Sophie to be that obnoxious but the other girl rubs me wrong. And Katie Finneran's character needs to be toned down a bit. She is coming off a caricature instead of a person.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 11:37 PM

I hate to admit I've watched more than one episode of this, but from the episodes I've seen at least they have managed to give Annie's daughter some kind of redeeming qualities. It's Nikki's daughter that comes off like the demon spawn to me. I'd suggest the show make some fixes, but I don't expect it to be on the air that long.

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

I don't have a teenage daughter, but I HATE that they wedged this dreck between Raising Hope and New Girl. Another member of my household is watching it. Even in another room, I am cringing at the laugh track.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Is Eric Sheffer Stevens still on this show? He is such a great actor. I wonder why he joined this show. The pilot alone failed to make me laugh. Why do sitcoms even use laugh tracks? I thought the writing was supposed to be funny and witty enough to cause the laughter of its audience to be spontaneous.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

If the ratings for last night's episode are any indication, I think it's going to be gone at the end of the month.

I Hate My Teenage Daughter plunged 19% to a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, vs. a 1.6 rating last week.

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

If the ratings for last night's episode are any indication, I think it's going to be gone at the end of the month.

Good! It got left on again here last night, but I don't think anyone stayed in the room to watch! We were just waiting for New Girl to start. The drop probably indicates people gave it a chance last week.

Edited by whywatch, Mar 14, 2012 @ 8:31 PM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

They might as well just let the show die.

Fox has decided that American Idol will keep it's two-hour format (it was supposed to revert to 90-minutes starting April 4th), which means I Hate My Teenage Daughter has been pushed back to the network's summer schedule.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

Fox officially cancels "I Hate My Teenage Daughter"

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

No surprise there. Can't say I am overly upset or surprised.

junebug630

junebug630

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 8:37 PM

I know this show was canceled, but why are there 4 or 5 episodes that have been shown recently?
I guess the "cliffhanger" of Jaime kissing her former brother-in-law was the end of the show?

paulvdb

paulvdb

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 3:11 AM

Yes, episode 13 was the last episode that was filmed. The episodes aired in New Zealand.

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

Is Eric Sheffer Stevens still on this show?

I was happily surprised that he was featured in the most recent episode that I saw. He wasn't even in some of them. I liked the series. They had a very small regular cast, which is good for me. Many shows try to do too much in 20 minutes.