TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

Before you post in the thread, please read this post

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2011 @ 11:04 PM

I hope NBC starts showing promos for this soon. Even though it's not premiering for a month, now would be the time while people are checking out the new and returning shows.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 4:43 PM

Yeah, I think I saw a promo for ABC's Once Upon A Time the other night and that premieres the week after Grimm, I believe. I plan on checking them both out but it'd be nice to see some actual promotion.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 3:18 AM

If you haven't heard already, the premiere has been pushed back to the 28th to coincide with NBC's Halloween programming.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 1:54 PM

Ah, thanks for that Trini Girl. I will adjust my calendar accordingly.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 5:08 PM

If you haven't heard already, the premiere has been pushed back to the 28th to coincide with NBC's Halloween programming.-Trini Girl

Why is NBC pushing this show back, does it have to do with the producers worrying that this show will flop soon after it airs? I mean they already put on some really bad comedy shows (which will most likely be pulled off the air soon), so why not put this show on to fill in the void? Its a drama and NBC does have a pretty good history with drama shows, so I am not really worried that this show will get low ratings. Hell, from what I've seen from the trailer, it looks like it could be the next Heroes: Season 1 (God willing this show will not be like Heroes: Season 3 & 4).

Edited by TVspectator, Oct 3, 2011 @ 7:20 PM.

Redtracer

Redtracer

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2011 @ 7:11 PM

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I think there's a pretty good chance that this show might flop. But, with that being said, I also don't understand why they're keeping it on Fridays. Most of NBC's fall lineup has already bombed, so why not air this show in a more advantageous slot where there's at least a small chance of it getting decent ratings? It won't happen on Fridays, where it will be competing for virtually the exact same audience as Supernatural and Fringe.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2011 @ 12:39 PM

I agree with you, Redtracer, I know I found the promos interesting and was going to check it out but no way I miss Fringe for it. I guess TPTB at NBC feel differently and think this is the only timeslot that works for them.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Oct 4, 2011 @ 12:39 PM.

meatball77

meatball77

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 7:29 PM

I don't know why they just don't put it in Playboy's slot, unless they're hoping to get the tween audience also. It is on at 8:00.

I saw a preview and it looks awesome. Sort of like Angel

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 7:48 PM

I agree, I really hope they re-think the scheduling on this. It will die a quick and undeserved death in that Friday time slot. I was able to see the pilot at Comic Con and I really enjoyed it. I'd been kind of iffy on the lead actor going in, but he really started to grow on my by the end of the pilot and the supporting characters were great. It does have kind of an Angel-ish feel to it, but it's filmed and set in Portland, Oregon and that really adds a lot of cool atmosphere to the tone of the show.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 1:46 PM

Grimm is airing at 9pm, my guess is NBC is allowed to get away with more than if they aired it at 8pm.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2011 @ 5:21 PM

bulldawgtownie, is Grimm going to air tonight or this Friday?

Loandbehold

Loandbehold

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 2:30 PM

The premiere is (currently) scheduled for Friday, 10/28 at 9 PM Eastern.

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 3:09 PM

It won't happen on Fridays, where it will be competing for virtually the exact same audience as Supernatural and Fringe.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Nor to me. It makes me mad when networks schedule genre shows against each other because ultimately they all suffer. I just hope they will make it available online.

DebB

DebB

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 4:35 PM

I have to admit that at first I thought, just hearing the premise, that this was the stupidest idea for a show ever. (They should really not even tell people the premise. "Real life homicide detective hunts down fairy tale characters" just doesn't do it for me.) However, after seeing the commercial, and a few cool print ads, I think I might actually be able to get into this. You know, in the few short episodes it has before its inevitable NBC demise. Honestly, by the end of the season, I think that network will be nothing but news shows.

Edited by DebB, Oct 9, 2011 @ 4:47 PM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 8:27 PM

Loandbehold, thanks for the info.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

If it is on against other shows you like, can't you just DVR it? That's what I do with most of my shows.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 11:19 PM

That's the problem, though, Writing Wrongs... Supernatural and Fringe already occupy my two DVR slots for that time. It will help a lot if this is available online, though.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 7:38 PM

Writing Wrongs, DVR is always a choice (for those who own a DVR) but most networks tend to look at the live ratings first, and would factor in DVR (and other TV recordings) later.

Edited by TVspectator, Oct 12, 2011 @ 5:08 PM.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 2:34 PM

it's filmed and set in Portland, Oregon and that really adds a lot of cool atmosphere to the tone of the show.

If I wasn't already in, this would definitely get me watching.

DebB

DebB

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2011 @ 5:17 PM

I just realized that I have this show completely confused with "Once Upon a Time". I don't think I've even seen a commercial for this one. I'll try it out it out, but it's on NBC, so it's doomed anyway. (And apparently, from reading this thread, it's up against 2 other similar-type shows that already have followings, so I don't think it'll last long in this age of "Pick your 2 favorites" DVRs.)

Edited by DebB, Oct 12, 2011 @ 5:19 PM.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 9:50 AM

I don't think I've even seen a commercial for this one.

Here is a link to the NBC show site. It has links to all the videos of the promos that they're currently running. I have seen a few during football, but I just don't watch much on NBC anymore (this will be the only NBC show on my Tivo). They also have some video of the Comic Con panel and that was a hoot!

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 10:12 AM

I've seen one promo but it's very brief, a shot of a woman's body in some woods. That's about it.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 7:01 PM

I've seen one promo but it's very brief, a shot of a woman's body in some woods. That's about it.-rove3

I've seen that one and a few others during NBC's so called "primetime" blocks over the course of a few weeks. Although, I really think that NBC should advertise the procedural (as much as I hate to admit this) side of this show more than the supernatural side (just because I think that a lot of people will either think "hmm, a show about a cop who solves nursery rhythms that comes to life, is this supposed to be for teenagers or something?" or "oh, is this going to be like the Event?").

Edited by TVspectator, Oct 15, 2011 @ 5:59 PM.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 3:22 PM

If anyone wants to see the pilot early, follow the show's twitter. Apparently they'll send a DM with a link starting sometime today.

Edited by WynterWolf, Oct 14, 2011 @ 3:22 PM.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2011 @ 11:53 AM

I've never been a Supernatural fan so I can watch Grimm. The premise intrigues me. Hopefully they manage to strike a good balance between procedural and fantasy. Right now this feels like Kolshak: The Night stalker but with fairy tales.

Arynm

Arynm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 3:47 PM

Just watched the sneak preview episode and thought it was pretty good. There were a couple of bits that troubled me, but I liked the tone and feel of the show.

I will watch for as long as NBC feels like showing it.

cjuniverse

cjuniverse

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 5:16 PM

I enjoyed it. It was a little cliche and the special effects for the wolf guy weren't that great but the rest were. Not bad so far. I am curious to see how the 2nd episode is. I'll probably watch a few to see where they take the show.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 11:59 PM

Fortunately I can watch this show OnDemand but unfortunately that won't help with the ratings.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 3:22 AM

Unless you're a Nielsen family, it won't even matter. Ratings are entirely based on the data they collect, which come from a carefully selected sample supposedly representing the entire US viewing audience.

I fully expect Grimm to siphon off the casual viewers from the aging SPN with a fresh variation on a very similar premise.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 9:52 AM

I'm not sure SPN (or Fringe) has too many casual viewers left, but Grimm may entice people who used to be casual viewers of SPN, which I think would be awesome. From the shallow end of the pool, I think Giuntoli will need a bit of a hair makeover going forward. I get that he's supposed to be a newbie (both on the police force and on the Grimm stuff), but the hair made him seem a bit too much of a dork (and not in a good way). Mess him up a little, hair and makeup people!! :-D Watched it again last night (with my twitter code, thanks @NBCGrimm!!), and yep... enjoyed it just as much the second time around. There were some issues, certainly, but I still see a lot of potential.