TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

Before you post in the thread, please read this post

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 7:10 PM

My local NBC affiliate also airs "Jeopardy!" - I got stuck watching local news twixt Brian Williams and J! - the LOCAL NEWS had a promo for Grimm. Yikes. Thanks, NBC, for doing such a stellar job with this show. </sarcasm>

RudyRayMoore

RudyRayMoore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 7:47 PM

Doesn't seem like NBC has put a lot of energy into reminding people it's back on tonight. I watch A LOT of TV and have barely seen any ads for it.

Whereas I feel almost burned out by seeing so MANY "Thank Grimm it's Friday" ads. They advertise Grimm during Today, Jimmy Fallon, Chicago Fire, Go On, New Normal and the Community/Parks & Rec/Office bloc. I'm so hyped for the Spring premiere that I can't stand it! I just hope that NBC's shift to the cable model of seasonal "pods" with cliffhangers (like The Walking Dead, the USA "character" dramas, etc.) doesn't hurt the ratings.

the disgusting, offensive, painful, joy-smothering storyline with Juliette and Assclown.

Having read the original Grimm's Tales, which are amazingly dark and "offensive" at times, the Renard/Juliette storyline doesn't bother me as much. I've never seen it portrayed as romantic in the show itself, so I trust that it won't be played as some consequence-free romp. I just can't wait to see what Nick will do now that he knows that his boss has been involved all along!

SJ82

SJ82

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

I would have loved Adalind if she had left Juliette out of it and focused her wrath on Renard. But since Nick messed her up as well, it was reasonable that Adalind would attack both him and Renard.

For logical (and karmic) reasons, Adalind should have had the cat scratch Nick, and then have Renard kiss Nick to wake him up. At any rate, I'm glad our show is back.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:01 PM

When Monroe kept saying "Adalind?" I flashed back to everyone on BtVS saying "Glory is Ben? Ben is Glory?" Hee.

Now we know why a stunt coordinator was needed for the "love" scene with Juliet and Renard. There wasn't as much shirt ripping as I was led to believe, however.

Oh, Nick! Keeping the key in your desk drawer at work?! Really?!

Loved the callback to the pilot with Nick and Renard meeting at the house in the woods. I guess Nick wanted to settle things with Renard. Violently.

Dicer3

Dicer3

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:04 PM

This episode was such a mess! Badly written, bad dialogue, badly directed and even badly acted. Also all the flashbacks seemed unnecessary.

Nick was an idiot for most of it. And he behaved like a neanderthal for most of it. He was going in to confront Renard and Juliette when he thought they were both consenting adults but then backed off when he realized they were under a spell? He still does not tell Juliette what's up. He knows that his boss is the bad guy and he leaves the key at his desk at work?!

Monroe was an idiot for most of it. And what's the deal with the whole Catherine Schade business. I thought they all knew that it was Catherine who came in to get the potion ingredients. Why did Nick and Monroe act like it was some new information?

That was the infamous Juliette and Renard scene? I was laughing through most of it. It looked so silly.

Rosalee knew all along that the person who woke Juliette must have kissed her and that they would both be infatuated? And she did not think to tell Nick all this?

Renard and Adalind were hot! But now she is going to have a baby!

Nick to Renard : "YOU!" LOL!

Hank seems to be the only sensible person on this show right now. Too bad there was so little of him.

The ending was just rubbish.

I think the quality of this show has seriously gone down the drain. I am hoping it improves in the episodes they shot after the break.

Edited by Dicer3, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:06 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:05 PM

I fudging loved this episode so much. The obsession played for what it truly was, a violent and scary obsession that would end with one, or both parties, dead. There was finally revelation of secrets. There was an alliance.

The only fly in the ointment for me is Adalind being knocked up. There's a reason she slept with both brothers. Adalind wants her power back. I think this show is dark enough for Adalind to have that baby as a sacrifice to get her powers back. At the very least, she gets to be a rich mistress if it's Eric's baby, and not Sean's.

I just loved how Adalind was all "see you later, loser," after Sean didn't give her the key. Of course, Sean didn't look one bit surprised at the attitude, either. Good man, never trust a Hexenbitch. He's half that, after all, he should know.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

Surprisingly, I thought that was really good. Thank God the interminable obsession spell is over (and handled about as well as it could have been given the setup for the episode), and having Nick and Renard as reluctant, can't-trust-each-other-farther-than-they-can-throw-each-other allies opens tons of storyline possibilities. I didn't see Renard giving Nick the key back coming, that was a nice twist. (Relatedly: thought SR did some of his best acting on the show tonight.) I'm glad that Nick got several punches in, though; Renard deserves all that and so, so much more.

Monroe and Rosalee=SQUEEEEEEEE. Really, I just see hearts and puppies when those two are together. I think Nick and Monroe got more together time than they did in all the first half episodes after Hank found out, and that can only be a good thing.

Best line of the night: hands-down Juliette's exasperated "What now?" Props to you, BT--that was a great delivery!

He knows that his boss is the bad guy and he leaves the key at his desk at work?!

Did Nick go back to the station after he found that out and before Renard stole the key, though? I'm not sure he had a chance.

Edited by stealinghome, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:08 PM.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

That was a good hour of television, I think I was tense the whole time. GRIMM *hugs* How I missed thee, I can't believe it's been almost 4 months. Pity we only have 7 more episodes.

Monroe continues to bring the comic relief in an otherwise tense hour. My favorite Monroe line of the night was, "At least you know who did it?" and when he made the crack about the milk and Mom stuff.

The "sex" scene was more of a fight scene, I was getting concerned and tonight we find out that if they didn't break the curse then either Renard or Juliette will kill each other. Since poor Magique is no more I wonder what the next step of breaking the curse will be. I enjoyed the flashbacks.

Also I thought Renard had a hard time with the purification goo because he wasn't pure of heart, but Nick is also having a hard time too? Initially when Nick didn't have a reaction I thought it was because he was the good guy, then it hit and I was a bit surprised.

Renard is working with the resistance? I would have never guess that in a million years. I did guess that the key went from Nick to Renard to Nick again though and I think everyone figured out that there would be a Nick/Renard alliance. When Nick saw Renard at the crime scene you could feel the tension. I have to say though that the Nick/Renard fight scene was a bit of a letdown or over too quickly. Also they changed Renard's wesen face.

Sooo.. the next elephant in the room, Juliette goes to the spice shop to get rid of the curse and she still doesn't know what's going on? I mean shouldn't someone tell her??

So Adalind is preggers and it looks like that was her plan.

Edited by bluvelvet, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:15 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

I didn't see Renard giving Nick the key back coming, that was a nice twist.

I expected that twist, or was at least hoping for that twist really, really hard. Renard saved Juliette, and had to take that nasty ass potion to make that happen. Renard's been active with the Resistance. I didn't think he'd give Adalind the key, even if that would save his ass from Eric. I think brother dearest is not going to be happy with Sean.

Best line of the night: hands-down Juliette's exasperated "What now?" Props to you, BT--that was a great delivery!

I'm torn between that line and Sean's reply to Nick after Nick goes, "that's it." I was laughing so hard at Renard's droll comeback, I wiped the actual lines out of my mind.

Kathira

Kathira

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

I loved the beginning when Nick was called to the multiple murder crime scene. Monroe's "At least you know who did it" was too funny. Love, love love him and Rosalee.

And as far as chemistry goes, it's Nick and Renard who need to get a room. In my mind, their fight ends a lot differently....

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:13 PM

Loved this episode, very exciting, tons of movement in the season long arc, great call backs to earlier episodes and Monroe was made of win. It was also great to see Nick/Rosalee/Monroe back together and Monroe/Rosalee were just too adorable.

I think the only downside was the pregnancy reveal, unless they go with mustbekarma's sacrifice idea, then it could be really interesting. However if it's just some power/love manipulation thing I probably won't be interested.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

I'm torn between that line and Sean's reply to Nick after Nick goes, "that's it." I was laughing so hard at Renard's droll comeback, I wiped the actual lines out of my mind.

That line had me cracking up also, however I noticed that Nick didn't feel the need to rip off his shirt.

I forgot to mention Hank, the poor guy looked beat up and sore. I loved how he had Nick's back even though he didn't really understand what was going on.

I am also on the train of Adalind getting pregnant has something to do with getting her powers back. She was too satisfied at the end.

Edited by bluvelvet, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:19 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:19 PM

I think the only downside was the pregnancy reveal, unless they go with mustbekarma's sacrifice idea, then it could be really interesting.

I almost hesitated to put that in words. They've done some pretty dark things on this show. The episode where the Geiers were harvesting organs from street kids-that episode still gives me the wiggins. Thankfully, the Renard and Juliette obsession was played as a dark, twisted thing where neither one had a choice, and it was only going to end in death. So they didn't go all Vampire Diaries or Twilight.. mutters...like those damn stories are romantic....

Because they've gone so dark, and because the pregnant manipulative lover is such a tiring trope, I don't think this is going to be a "aw, look at the precious bundle of joy" type story line. In one way, I love it, and in another way, I just don't want a show to be that dark. No hurting babies or puppies are allowed.

I'll give them the crazy, poisoned kitty. I guess we've confirmed poor Magique is most sincerely dead.

SerenitySky

SerenitySky

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

An extended scene between Adalind and Renard: http://www.tvguide.c...eo-1062491.aspx

Dicer3

Dicer3

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:23 PM

Did Nick go back to the station after he found that out and before Renard stole the key, though? I'm not sure he had a chance.

I would assume that the minute Nick finds out about Renard (including his link to Catherine and Adalind), his first instinct should be to go and get the key from his work place knowing that Renard is hanging around there. But I agree that he had a lot going on for him in this episode so maybe he did not remember it.

Also I thought Renard had a hard time with the purification goo because he wasn't pure of heart, but Nick is also having a hard time too? Initially when Nick didn't have a reaction I thought it was because he was the good guy, then it hit and I was a bit surprised.

Confused by this as well. So this implies that Nick is not pure of heart either. But Monroe and Rosalee expected the reaction to it, so maybe it's just that no one is pure of heart and everyone will have a hard time.

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:25 PM

I'm just so, so relieved that the show is back! But

Pity we only have 7 more episodes.

DRAT! Why did NBC have to start so early? Anyway, I hope we see Mamma Grimm come back sometime before the Season 2 finale.

I was completely unspoilt for this episode, so I was actually quite relieved that the Renard-Juliette scene was more of a fight scene than a love scene. It was clear that one more encounter like that and one of them or both would be dead. I like that Nick and Renard now have to fall into an uneasy alliance and work on the same side.

LOVED the Nick-Monroe scenes. Reminded me of early days. I also loved the callback to the pilot and Little Red Riding Hood. Also, Nick/Monroe/Rosalee working together - yes, the show is back!

I hope the Adalind pregnancy turns out to be the start of a dark and dangerous story with Adalind trying to gain back her powers. If the baby is Sean's, it's at least a quarter hexenbiest, but not if it is half-brother's.

An extended scene between Adalind and Renard: http://www.tvguide.c...eo-1062491.aspx

Never mind!

Why would they cut out a shirtless Renard scene? :D

Edited by Meso, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:36 PM.

SerenitySky

SerenitySky

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

Promo for next weeks ep, "Natural Born Wesen."
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=6StUFNhnB5Y

ETA: I thought we had 9 more episodes in a row!

Edited by SerenitySky, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:28 PM.

JodithGrace

JodithGrace

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

I thought this ep was really good, also. I was very tense throughout, afraid that somebody was going to do something irrevocable. I thought that Nick behaved with admirable restraint, considering how furious he was. And when he spoke to Juliet after the shooting, he was very gentle with her.

As usual, my DVR cut off right at the end with Nick turning bright red. Was that all there was? I figured they would leave us with a cliffhanger. Did Renard turn bright red like that? i forget. I laughed out loud when Nick was all, "so that's it?" and suddenly cramped up and Renard said, "no that's it."

I also missed any previews for next week, but I presume, from what i'm reading, that the reason Renard and Adalind made the hexenbeast with two backs is so she can have a baby? I thought she was trying to steal his powers, but it didn't seem to work. So I guess a hexenbeastie baby is the best she can do.

I don't really watch NBC so I don't know how the show was promoted, but I follow the show on Facebook and i have been inundated with Grimm posts for weeks.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

Confused by this as well. So this implies that Nick is not pure of heart either. But Monroe and Rosalee expected the reaction to it, so maybe it's just that no one is pure of heart and everyone will have a hard time.

That would be a great explanation, because the truth is no one is really pure of heart. However Catherine Schade (who I still miss *sniff*) made a comment specific to Renard essentially implying that his inherent "evil" would make the process extremely difficult. Actually what she said that he was barely human. However looking at Nick, looked like his reaction was just as difficult which would imply Nick and Renard are equal in the "pure of heart" o meter which makes no sense.

Maybe I am thinking on this too hard.

ETA: I thought we had 9 more episodes in a row!

I thought I read somewhere that we had 7, but I could be wrong.

But, really...what the hell took 8 hours and a stunt coordinator?

I know right? In my head I said "that's it"..THAT took 8 hours.

Edited by bluvelvet, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:33 PM.

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

Juliette's "What now?" delivery was so good - in my mind's ear, I could hear Dorothy Parker's "What fresh hell is this?"

But, really...what the hell took 8 hours and a stunt coordinator?

Edited by Prevailing Wind, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:30 PM.

AngelAngst

AngelAngst

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:31 PM

I don't know, something seemed off in this episode. It was like everyone was trying to remember how they're supposed to interact with each other. But by the second half it was all better.

Sexy-sexy oo-la-la = yawn. Renard was bringing it but man was he having to work at it. And I don't hate Juliette either, I just think there are some things the actress can do well and some things she can't. Rough, sexual yes/no/yes tension being one of them.

Adalind should have had the cat scratch Nick, and then have Renard kiss Nick to wake him up.

Woud definitely watch that.

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

my DVR cut off right at the end with Nick turning bright red. Was that all there was?

No they showed Adalind in Vienna doing a pregnancy test, which turned out to be positive, and made Adalind smirk a little, as if in victory.

because the truth is no one is really pure of heart.

I think that's it. But I expect Nick's reaction is going to be much less severe than Renard's.

jmarrise

jmarrise

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:33 PM

Help! My DVR cut out right when the scene switched to Austria. From reading posts it seems that I missed an Adalind pregnancy reveal - anything else? How did that last minute play out? Was Nick just left like a tomato on the floor?

Why was Hank barely on this episode?

Edited by jmarrise, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:51 PM.

MsBaxter

MsBaxter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:36 PM

Well my prayers have been answered. Almost too well.

Episode after episode of everyone dithering around, not making connections, suddenly everyone is putting two and two together and coming up with the entire picture.

I have whiplash.

So the Resistance is allied with the bastard Prince's coalition (makes sense)? And that bastard going to have a lil' bastard of his own. ( Awwww). Pretty Adalind, what is your game?

All in all, even though it was a bit much, I was so relieved to have everyone running around saying, in effect, "You! It's you! And YOU!" That stupid triangle along with it's hilarious sado-masochistic "sex" scene is finally going away. I'm excited about the seeing where the new dynamic of Nick and Renard's is going. And I love Monroe and Rosalee's "Miss Kublik, I adore you" no muss, no fuss love affair. So refreshing.

And I, not a lover of Bitsie T. got a real kick out of her "Now what?" snark.

Next week looks very cool.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

I would agree that no one is pure of heart but I'm not sure that's all there is to it. it's a purification potion, the effects could be based on just how dark you are at the moment you take it. Nick was pretty much in a killing mood all episode long. Plus, while Nick is a good person he does have some anger issues and given his mother its possible that's there is a coldness that comes with being a Grimm.

dely

dely

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:38 PM

Wow! So glad to finally have this show back, but I have mixed feelings about this episode.

I have to agree with Dicer3 to a point. I found it clunky at times - almost overly expository, although there wasn't really a lot of exposition needed. It just didn't seem to flow well at times.

I thought David was chewing up the scenery soooo badly at times. I can't put my finger on exactly what, but something about Nick's various reactions at various points in the ep didn't ring true for me.

Count me in with the group that was pretty much laughing through the whole love/fight scene. *That* was some bad acting, IMO (on both their parts).

However, there were other things that I loved. As far as favourite lines, I'm going with Monroe, but I haven't seen these 2 mentioned yet: In the 1st spice shop scene, after Nick confesses that his Mom killed Adalind's, loved Monroe's pitiful, "Why?", and then a line or two later, an equally pitiful "My head hurts".

I like the idea of an uneasy alliance between Nick and the Captain. I was a bit surprised that Nick wasn't more shocked to find out that the Captain was a Royal, but loved how pissed he was, and his line to Hank that the Captain had been "playing me for years" (or "a long time" - not sure of the exact words).

It's going to be interesting to see them working together. I wonder if they'll let Hank in on it as well? I'd think that Nick would want to, having realized that secrets are bad!, and Hank can handle himself, but I can see the Captain objecting strongly, with his family background likely being steeped in a tradition of extreme secrecy.

Looking forward to what the next 7 eps bring - hopefully another appearance from Momma Grimm, for sure!

beadgirl

beadgirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:39 PM

Loved it. Loved how very tired she was of all this. And I also liked that the so-called sex scene was not filmed to be romantic or hot at all, but disturbing.

Yay, the show is back! I like a (very) reluctant team-up between Nick and Renard much better than Renard deceiving Nick or just a straight up conflict, which could not be sustained for very long without it getting silly. I'm not so thrilled about Adelind's pregnancy. Mustbekarma, your speculation about the baby being a sacrifice was a plot point in the comic Fables, and was how Frau Totenkinder got and maintained her magical powers. It worked in a comic for grownups, but I suspect it might be too dark for NBC.

Eh, that didn't bother me. Everyone is a sinner in some way or another, so I'm not surprised that Nick, the good guy, would still need purification of some kind, even if Renard's sins are much worse and more extensive (or so I assume, heh).

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:40 PM

I LOLed at several points that no one's yet mentioned, so I'll have to rewatch eventually, but I don't have it recorded. I do remember that one time was when they cut away to Rosalee running the blender the last time. What was the line and scene right before that?

BTW, motherhood sure becomes Bree Turner. She looked beautiful.

And speaking of beautiful. David Giuntoli and his eyes. How could I have forgotten about my gorgeous fake boyfriend during the hiatus. *Sigh* I guess that's what happens when you get old.

Silly NBC probably still doesn't get it that this show is its only hope of salvation. Must. Have. More. Grimm.

ETA:

In the 1st spice shop scene, after Nick confesses that his Mom killed Adalind's, loved Monroe's pitiful, "Why?",

Yes. That was hilarious delivery.

Edited by shapeshifter, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:44 PM.

virgo79

virgo79

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:44 PM

That.
Was.
Awesome.

I was so prepared to hate this episode, and I'm on goddamn Cloud 9 right now. It had a couple of stumbling points (Nick keeping the key in his work desk, Hank being not only released from the hospital but coming back to work and moving with no problem), but by and large -- this ep kicked ass.

First and foremost, they didn't have sex. They didn't have sex. THEY DIDN'T HAVE SEX.

And I actually enjoyed that scene between them. Wow. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. It played as so much more about this wrath they're developing being tethered to each other than it did as remotely sexual. And I loved --LOVED-- Juliette's violence bursting loose here. The shooting was great, but I loved the pistol-whipping even more, and her snarling "Get out of here" at him, and then just walking away. BT's body language in that moment was fabulous.

Second. Nick and Juliette post-shooting. That was a gorgeous and wickedly satisfying scene. The poor woman's just had enough, and finally Nick sees what this is, and what she's going through. I loved BT's delivery of "I really don't" when Nick asked her if she wanted to talk about it. She's just ragged there. But my favorite moment was Nick touching her temple when he saw she was hurt, and his "I know who it is." There was *so* much being said in that simple little statement and that touch, just total understanding, reassurance, and a promise being conveyed.And she heard it. That, right there, even after everything, is why I love them. I *love* them.

Adalind and Renard. Wow. The whole "do me with your devil face on" moment was pretty stinkin' hot, I confess. (Though I think that drive was gravel, and that's gotta be hard on the butt.)

And oh my holy f***, she's pregnant. I did not see that coming. Well played, show; well played. I am DYING to see where that goes.

I loved that at the end, when Nick went down, despite everything between them, Juliette could not have given two shits about anything or anyone in that room except him, and he was just clinging to her for dear life. (Though I will say, the framing of that last scene with everybody else just standing around staring was kind of unintentionally hilarious.) But the gawkers' semicircle aside, N&J in that scene went straight through me.

That was a good freakin' ep.

Monroe's "Why?" and "My head hurts" tie for the funniest lines of the night.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

Mustbekarma, your speculation about the baby being a sacrifice was a plot point in the comic Fables, and was how Frau Totenkinder got and maintained her magical powers. It worked in a comic for grownups, but I suspect it might be too dark for NBC.

I figure as long as they don't show the baby's death onscreen, then a sacrifice wouldn't be considered too dark. This is the network that has Law and Order:SVU. That gets pretty damn dark.

Edited by mustbekarma, Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:47 PM.