TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

Before you post in the thread, please read this post

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

I feel bad for poor Hank and his turning into a possessed stalker about Adalind of all people. And not even being annoyed she's screening his calls and then blatantly lying about it. And is Wu back to normal now? Last week he was eating sofa cushion.

Shanna Marie

Shanna Marie

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

And is Wu back to normal now? Last week he was eating sofa cushion.

This week he's snacking on paper clips in the office. So, no, probably not back to normal.

I don't really have a problem with Juliette getting a tight cluster of hits in a target range. It's controlled conditions in low pressure with a stationary target, so if she's got a pretty steady aim, once she hits something on target, she might be able to get most of her shots in that general area. Less believable would have been the standard badass chick thing, where she not only gets the cluster in the chest but also has a couple of shots right between the eyes and then one in the crotch (if she'd done that, I'd have rolled my eyes). And they haven't shown her being a super-awesome shot in a real high-pressure situation with a moving target.

I think she was trying to give him space to come to it on his own, but when he proposed she couldn't accept without talking about it. That made sense to me.

That was what I was thinking. She knows he's just lost his only family member, so she knows he's probably going through some stuff and she's giving him space. She may have even figured that's why he's had the ring without saying anything, that he also knows he's not ready now. But him actually proposing meant she couldn't accept under current conditions. She wasn't rejecting him, she wasn't breaking up with him, she was just telling him she couldn't agree to marry him unless something changed. I imagine if he'd had a chance to propose before Aunt Marie showed up, she'd have accepted then. It's the changes since then that worry her.

HelenaJ71

HelenaJ71

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

There's a sneak peek--"Eating Habits"--up on NBC.com.

Edited by HelenaJ71, Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:22 PM.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

Ugh... poor Wu!

HelenaJ71

HelenaJ71

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

Fiber!

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:53 PM

Fiber for dinner!

Poor Wu!
Spoiler

TV Anonymous

TV Anonymous

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Is there any precedent about inter-species (well, inter-wesen) relationship? The one that I know is Aunt Marie with the Steinadler, but Grimms are not wesen, are they? The reason I ask is if Monroe goes all the way with Rosalee, will the relationship work? What about their hypothetical offspring?

The other thing that I think is that it may be interesting if Monroe's ex-girlfriend Angelina comes back. Monroe will have to prevent Angelina for making a dinner out of Rosalee.

SerenitySky

SerenitySky

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

The last episode with the Alley Cat and the Nightingale was "interspecies." The Wesen seem to have relations with those of their own "breed," with other types of Wesen and with regular ol' human folk. I wonder if when two dissimilar Wesen have a child, that child will be purely one or the other, but not a mixture of both? Or maybe Wesenness is like blood types? Or there are dominant and recessive Wesen genes? We need a Wesen geneticist!

Edited by SerenitySky, Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:18 PM.

HelenaJ71

HelenaJ71

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Yes, we need to know! (I was actually wondering today if Rosalee could be Holly's mother, since they said that her birth mother was a drug addict.)

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Yes, we need to know! (I was actually wondering today if Rosalee could be Holly's mother, since they said that her birth mother was a drug addict.)-HelenaJ71

IMHO, I doubt that Holly is supposed to be Rosalee's daughter only because Holly is a blutbad (and Monroe didn't say that Holly is half blutbaden). Although, I do wonder if Rosalee is related or is connected to Renard (both are supposed to be fox like creatures)?

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:29 PM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

only because Holly is a blutbad (and Monroe didn't say that Holly is half blutbaden).

How would Monroe know?

SerenitySky

SerenitySky

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

So far we haven't seen any "half" Wesen creatures. They seem to be all or nothing of one type. Even as we have seen that they don't always pair off with only their own type of Wesen. So I don't think there will ever be a half Blutbad/half Fuchsbau child. They will either be Bludbad like one parent or Fuchsbau like the other. Or perhaps even not be Wesen at all. I wonder if a human and Wesen have a child, some of the kids could see the Wesen parent for what they are and the human kids cant.

On another note, I'm not sure I should be distinguishing between Wesen and Human. I think that the Wesen are just genetic variations of humans. Humans who have a real animal nature. I am confused. :O

Edited by SerenitySky, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:44 PM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

On another note, I'm not sure I should be distinguishing between Wesen and Human. I think that the Wesen are just genetic variations of humans. Humans who have a real animal nature-SerenitySky

That is what I think the Wessens are really; humans with either real animal natures or supernatural natures (including the Grimms).

How would Monroe know?-Princess Aldrea

Since Monroe is supposed to be (sort of) Nick's mentor, for the Wessen world, I would imagine that Monroe would know how to tell who is half blutbaden and etc... Also, if Holly is a product of two different Wessen "species" then it is possible for her to inherent traits from both of her parents and she may not look like the other blutbaden (this is just speculation because the half human/alien species characters, on Star Trek (and I do know that this is a different type of show, but...) would have mix traits of both human and alien).

So far we haven't seen any "half" Wesen creatures. They seem to be all or nothing of one type. Even as we have seen that they don't always pair off with only their own type of Wesen. So I don't think there will ever be a half Blutbad/half Fuchsbau child. They will either be Bludbad like one parent or Fuchsbau like the other. Or perhaps even not be Wesen at all. I wonder if a human and Wesen have a child, some of the kids could see the Wesen parent for what they are and the human kids cant-SerenitySky

That is true but I do wonder if there exist any families with partial Wessen blood in them (hey, maybe the people who can't morphed into creatures are called "Squibs"?)?

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:03 PM.

HelenaJ71

HelenaJ71

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Although, I do wonder if Rosalee is related or is connected to Renard (both are supposed to be fox like creatures)?

We've had plenty of spoilers about Renard.
Spoiler

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:28 AM

I said:

Alert!!

Sean Hayes, Exec. Producer, is scheduled to be on Letterman Tuesday, 04/10.

And now I'm saying what the hell is the point of being an executive producer of a show when you go on Letterman and NOT MENTION IT?!??!?!??! Color me very disappointed.

I don't think Rosalee is related to Holly. One's Blutbad, the other's Fuchsbau. But I certainly am glad imdb was wrong about Turner only being in two episodes!

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:31 AM

Letterman is not NBC, right? I think they (CBS) don't like the idea of someone promoting a show from a different network. Sean Hayes should appear on Craig Ferguson instead; they'd promote shows from different networks all the time. Yes, I know he's on CBS too, but the show is so easy going compared to Letterman, I love it.

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:43 AM

But Dave loves the "old fashioned creep-out" shows. He's pimped shows on other networks before. I guess talking about the Three Stooges movie was *much* more important. Feh. (I think I've reached the "you kids get off my lawn" stage of life.)

HelenaJ71

HelenaJ71

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

I don't think Rosalee is related to Holly. One's Blutbad, the other's Fuchsbau.

That's what I'm saying--we don't know how it works because they haven't told us. So I was just wondering if it was possible.

SerenitySky

SerenitySky

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

There are a ton of questions about Wesen relationships, sexuality and reproduction, aren't there? Obviously they can have sex with each other in their human bodies but when it comes to having children, do they need to find another of their exact kind? Would that lead to some Wesen having an arranged mother or father for their children while they stayed in a relationship with the Wesen of another type who they loved? If a Wesen fell in love with a Non-Wesen, I'm thinking they could never tell that person. It would lead to some misunderstandings I'm sure.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

So if Robin's species is supposed to be extinct, how is she still walking around? They don't even address this. Did they go into hiding to protect themselves? And does that gold thing she spit out ever get more solid or is it always that fragile? That sort of fragility seems like it would make it pretty useless.

chailey

chailey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

So if Robin's species is supposed to be extinct, how is she still walking around?

Presumably they are extremely rare. Look at how many Wesen assume that Grimms are nothing more than fictional boogeyman (or are also extinct)?

And does that gold thing she spit out ever get more solid or is it always that fragile? That sort of fragility seems like it would make it pretty useless.

I'm assuming that it is valuable partly due to the fact that it is fragile, not to mention gold and very rare. Kind of like a unicorn horn--there's other horned creatures out there, but a unicorn horn would be valued above them all, simply as a collectible.

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

So if Robin's species is supposed to be extinct, how is she still walking around? They don't even address this. Did they go into hiding to protect themselves?]

Well, in real life:

http://www.mnn.com/e...ve/rediscovered

I guess Robin is alive the same way as these thirteen "Lazarus" species (or perhaps even more?) are alive.

And does that gold thing she spit out ever get more solid or is it always that fragile? That sort of fragility seems like it would make it pretty useless.

In real life, pure gold itself is quite soft. But not useless! Alloy it with something else, and it's fine!

beadgirl

beadgirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

I assumed that it was valuable to the Wesen not because it was gold, but because there was some other magical or important property it had -- otherwise, who cares if it breaks? Just sweep up the fragments and melt them together.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Letterman is not NBC, right? I think they (CBS) don't like the idea of someone promoting a show from a different network. Sean Hayes should appear on Craig Ferguson instead; they'd promote shows from different networks all the time. Yes, I know he's on CBS too, but the show is so easy going compared to Letterman, I love it.-HoneyBee

The cast of Battlestar Galacticawas able to appear on Letterman but they were on a NBC sister station (Sci-Fi/SyFy Channel). I can't see why Hayes can't appear on Letterman unless it is written into his contract that he can't appear on other stations late night shows?

We've had plenty of spoilers about Renard.-HelenaJ71

I am trying to stay away from spoilers about this show, as much as possible, but thanks for that info.

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

I can't see why Hayes can't appear on Letterman unless it is written into his contract that he can't appear on other stations late night shows?

Well, he *was* on Letterman, but just talking about the Three Stooges movie, wherein he plays Larry. Maybe you're only allowed to pimp one thing per visit.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

Sorry, Prevailing Wind for misreading that statement. Although, I don't think that there is a rule saying that only one thing must be discussed (although, this could be subject to the show in question), during an interview, but there does exist a time limit for each interview (and I think that they must talk about what the guest was originally was promoted for before or after any supplemental discussions). So, if Letterman can't get to Grimm (after talking about the Three Stooges movie) then he most likely would have been forced to move on.

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:35 PM.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Never like Letterman or Leno, I prefer Craig Ferguson and Conan O'Brien - the shows are pretty easy going and the guests are free to talk whatever the hell they want. I hope David Giuntoli would appear on those shows and talk about stuff, like how he has chiseled jaw lines.

It was protected by that membrane thing; Nick had to cut it open and discovered the gold. I did wonder whether that golden egg has some magical ability.

What I like about the show, that this show doesn't do 'MAGICAL' (teleport or telekinesis or flying or has sparkles from their hands / blast of energy or something to fight the enemy). Adalind is a witch, but she uses potions and a bit of spell but the concoction can be explain in some sort. The world is still the real world but still make sense. Well, for now. I don't know the show's direction. I hope they stick with the real world thing and unlike True Blood where there are fairies and magical land, I dunno I stopped watching.

HelenaJ71

HelenaJ71

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

promo photos up for #17 AND 18. Wheeee!

chailey

chailey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

From many pages back...

So Monroe did something horrible to the guy who hurt his high school girlfriend. This is what I love about his character---these glimpses that, beneath his well-groomed exterior, there still lies the Big Bad Wolf.

Yes, the show has been hinting, with this scene and others (certain slips of the tongue) that Monroe was quite the badass before he reformed. I'm wondering whether this will be expanded upon by the end of the season or whether they will focus on it more next year. What would Nick do if he discovered (not just suspected) that Monroe had murdered someone in his wilder younger days? Would he be able to turn off his cop reflexes and just let that go? Hopefully Renard hasn't tumbled to Monroe's place in Nick's life (though the Wesen community certainly has). I think that anyone around Nick is going to be vulnerable to Renard's manipulations and endgame, whatever that may be.

promo photos up for #17 AND 18. Wheeee!

I'm looking forward to meeting
Spoiler
. I'm assuming that we'll find out more about Renard's plans in that episode.

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Badass past Monroe?.....Flashback episode, please. Or give Monroe a plausible reason to revert just for a little bit!