My Cat from Hell: Like 'It's Me or the Dog', but with Felines!

• Please log in to reply

703 replies to this topic

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Dec 26, 2013 @ 2:33 PM

I thought Finn actually loved the baby and was very gentle and accepting of him. I was sad and a bit angry that the mom was so unable to perceive this or care about the cat at all. I noticed the dad could hardly look at her, and I wonder if that marriage will last.

chonies

chonies

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 27, 2013 @ 11:10 AM

Agreed. I don't know much about Bengals, but I think the woman was way off the mark. She wasn't quite as bad as the person who wanted to get rid of Pumpkin, but she managed to leave a hideous impression in a compressed segment. 

DeliKate

DeliKate

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2014 @ 8:17 PM

I'm partly hoping, partly dreading they're going to do a follow-up on poor Pump.  God I hope he's still alive.

Me too. :( Things don't seem so good knowing he was 23 at the time and ripped away from the home environment he knew, even if he was living with Lucas' mom. I found out about the ruse behind that show and the backlash the two people featured on that segment experienced. They apparently used to live in L.A. but are now in WA. I'm wondering if that means poor Pump left this world, or if the lady harpy made her husband leave their home because her business had been wrecked with her unabashed heartlessness. Poor Pump did not deserve his fate. 

I adopted a kitty who was 10 in a no-kill shelter. There were problems in the beginning so I admit to looking into returning him, but when they said it'd be the end of the road for him if he was returned, I vowed to find a way to solve those problems. Six years later he rules my schedule and is snoozing on my bed as I type. :)

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 8:21 PM

So, there's this family in Oregon who called 911, because their 22 pound cat trapped them in the bedroom with his hostile behavior. According to one news story, the cat has a "history of violence". I so want Galaxy to call these people.

http://www.latimes.c...y#axzz2vhsE9dJh

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 12:52 AM

Jackson posted on his Facebook page that he was addressing this story on Inside Edition

https://www.facebook...nGalaxy?fref=ts

The history of violence (according to the guy who kicked the cat), is one prior incident (you can hear him say it on the 911 call).  He admits that the baby pulled the cat's tail and that he kicked it and followed it into the kitchen where the cat tried to hide on the fridge.  He antagonized the cat and the cat snapped.  I think the cat should be rehomed.  The cat deserves better.

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 11:51 AM

Yeah, I probably should have used some italics or something to indicate my disdain for this entire thing. I agree with you that the cat would be better off without them. Of course, now they're saying they love the cat and don't want to give him up. Yeah, I often show my love with a swift kick, don't you? Sigh. They probably think this will now be a payday for them of some kind. Poor kitty. I'll have to look for the Inside Edition segment. I'd love to hear what Galaxy has to say.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 3:58 PM

I didn't see the Inside Edition either but Jackson has a quote on his FB page:

https://www.facebook...?type=1

JG did a story with an Oregon paper

http://www.oregonliv...n_galaxy_1.html

Some commenters regarding Lux, the Himalayan “attack cat,” whose story has gone viral, suggest the cat be featured on the Animal Planet show “My Cat from Hell.”

Well, Jackson Galaxy, who hosts the popular show, hasn’t yet met the cat in question - although he may soon - but he’s certainly read about him. 

Lux can’t tell his story, so Galaxy hopes to speak on the cat's behalf. 

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 11:53 PM

This episode was so sweet and heartbreaking. Callie was an absolute treasure, and the way she lit up when talking about Allie and especially when Allie was responding positively to her was just so cute. I was sad to learn she died but happy that Pam took in Allie. I know that Callie was 95, but damn if I didn't get a little misty with the RIP at the end.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 8:59 PM

Jackaon is going to help out Lux.

http://www.king5.com.../251062671.html

dagny

dagny

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 10:36 AM

Jackson would be sooo much better than me at this. Hmm, try not to KICK THE CAT and CORNER THE CAT IN THE KITCHEN!  Don't let the baby pull the cat's tail.  Keep an eye on the baby when it's near the cat.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 10:07 PM

the family kept Lux until Monday, when they turned him over to a Portland-area shelter. But the family assured Animal Planet they were going to keep the cat and agreed to therapy with Galaxy.

They dropped the cat off at a shelter.  I hope they let him get rehomed.  He can come to NY and live with me.  No cat kickers here.

Tonight, was an orange tabby named Tony who sprayed the outlets in his house and mounted a stuffed orange kitty called Dempsey.  Jackson thought it was a testosterone issue but it turned out the wife babied the cat so much that it was neurotic.   

Earlier there was a tortie that moved in with a seal point and was terrorizing her.  The tortie was the daughter's cat who left CA to go to Boston for grad school. That cat was out for blood. I only had 1 cat that ever acted that way - a young male foster kitty that was neutered.  I kept him separated from my cat because foster kitty was very ill (kennel infection) and once he was better he got neutered.  His aggression went from 100% to about 15%.  He got adopted out to a home where he was solo kitty.  I don't think I would have been too happy if he attacked my cat like the tortie was attacking the other cat.

Cabo

Cabo

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:36 PM

Jackson needs another home. Not all pets can handle being around children, and the child was far too young to understand that the cat's tail should not be pulled. That Is why when one goes to purchase or acquire a cat, there will be information such as this cat is better off in a home with no children. Luckily, my cats never had issues with my kids.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 4:23 PM

Jackson needs another home. Not all pets can handle being around children, and the child was far too young to understand that the cat's tail should not be pulled. 

I think you mean Lux --- though perhaps Jackson needs to be rehomed as well!

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 3:00 PM

Yay, new season starting on April 26!