3-22: "The Day We Died" 2011.05.06 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

482 replies to this topic

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

The third season concludes with Peter meeting his destiny head-on and the demise of a team member.

Uh, damn. Didn't see that coming.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

The glyph: S-U-P-E-R. Oh wait, that's my rating of the show LOL

The REAL glyph: N-O-M-O-R-E

The kid in the drawing was a red herring :P

Anyone guess the cliffhanger? I didn't see anyone who did.

Fringe did it again!!!

Pooch77

Pooch77

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:03 PM

Wait.... what? What the hell just happened?

wamboyil

wamboyil

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:04 PM

What the...?

I was wondering why none of them seemed to notice that Peter just disappeared. It's gonna be a long summer!

Edited by wamboyil, May 6, 2011 @ 9:04 PM.

Whiteotter

Whiteotter

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:05 PM

Curse you, Fringe! I don't know if I can live in a world without Peter.

So Peter never existed? Oh, gods.

Edited by Whiteotter, May 6, 2011 @ 9:07 PM.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

nooooooooooooooooo!

I don't want to live in any universe without a Peter Bishop.

marie81

marie81

Couch Potato

What!? Peter never existed?

I was wondering why none of them seems to notice that Peter just disappeared

Me too. I thought it was strange that Walter didn't freak out when Peter faded out.

I'm so confused, haha.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

• Interests:Improv, Mojo-Kickball, Kickboxing, Cooking, Baking

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

Wow... Peter is "no more" - "never existed?" How? And all those Observers, right out in the open! Wonder if they were in both worlds or was that supposed to be the "bridge" space?

So, the whole thing about the First People was just sending the machine back in time? Not about actual people inhabiting the Earth a gazillion years ago? Hmmm...

I hate hiatuses! :-(

Catherineusa

Catherineusa

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:06 PM

I have two words for that ending: BAD ROBOT!!!!!
No Peter, no me watching Fringe. I'm going to disappear like he did.

Edited by Catherineusa, May 6, 2011 @ 9:07 PM.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:07 PM

If Peter didn't get them there, how do they think it happened?!?

Does that mean Henry no longer exists (or is remembered) either?

wamboyil

wamboyil

Channel Surfer

JJ loves his time-jumping, doesn't he? Felicity, Alias, Lost and now Fringe. I keep waiting for Greg Grunberg to show up in Fringe Division!

GreenPhoenix

GreenPhoenix

Fanatic

Walternate and Fauxlivia coming over to the blue universe? Excellent twist, but I can handle a four month wait to see what happens.

But Peter being erased from existence? That's got me impatient already. At first, I thought he merely went back to the red universe because there was a vague image of a person in the red universe machine. Sigh . . .

Also, I'm wondering if it was intentional that Peter's future hairstyle resembles Sam Weiss', down to the gray areas.

Edited by GreenPhoenix, May 6, 2011 @ 9:08 PM.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

• Interests:Improv, Mojo-Kickball, Kickboxing, Cooking, Baking

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Just wanted to add that I am so glad this show was renewed, because I'd major upset if that was the last episode.

Brinny

Brinny

Couch Potato

What is going on?

Holy crap. Peter never existed, so no one remembers him. But time isn't linear and there's paradoxes and why does Walter think he went to the other side now if not for Peter and there's too many questions! I'm so confused.

Well done, Show. Well done.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Peter called Walter dad! Aw. Did anything else happen in this episode? :) (Also, does Henry exist if Peter never existed?)

Also, of course, if everyone forgets (both) Peter(s) permanently I will be unhappy. But I doubt it.

Also, did anyone feel like running out of the room when the Walters saw each other, like an incredibly awkward argument between a couple that you didn't want to witness yet did?

Gentian root

Gentian root

Couch Potato

Just stopping by the boards before I hop in my time machine, headed to this fall to watch Season 4.
Have a nice summer, y'all!

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

You know what I did see coming, though: The "Whatever Happened, Happened" time travel discussion.
New TV Rule: No JJ Abrams show is ever allowed to use time travel again. You hear me, Alcatraz?

Pooch77

Pooch77

Channel Surfer

I loved it right up until that last 30 seconds, when Peter vanished. Red herrings, misdirects, shockers, explanations no one quite saw coming with what little info we had.. it was awesome. But I can't feel good or bad about the last part, because I just don't get it.

He vanished out of space/time? I mean... huh? Why? He bridged the worlds - Ok. He got them together to try and fix things - Ok. But how does that make him just vanish? It wasn't some fanwank-able bit of paradoxical timey-wimey character respawn, it was just.. without reason. It makes the journey of the episode almost nonsensical, because they just jammed this last shocker in with no line of reasoning behind it.

Ellie L

Ellie L

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:09 PM

Well, JJ's comments about not knowing where Peter fit in next season makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

The producers were really clever about teasing things in a way that let us think we might have an idea what to expect, but I didn't quite see that coming. Not that I'm sure exactly what happened. Because for all the questions that got answered, I've got about a dozen more.

I admit, I giggled a little at Peter & Olivia drinking their box wine. Also, aww, to the two of them, and to Peter and Walter.

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

So, the whole thing about the First People was just sending the machine back in time? Not about actual people inhabiting the Earth a gazillion years ago? Hmmm...

Well, we already knew Sam Weiss wasn't one of the First People.

LizJ

LizJ

Just Tuned In

Does anyone know if Joshua Jackson has left the show?

Bad Robot indeed. Bad, Bad Robot. More bad than the finale of Lost. More bad than Sydney Bristow waking up two years into the future and finding out that her boyfriend had married another woman.

Edited by LizJ, May 6, 2011 @ 9:11 PM.

arcadia63

arcadia63

Loyal Viewer

ahh ya know Peter ain't gone for good, it'll be interesting to see how they bring him back. And wow for the W/W confrontation. One question, does Henry not exist now?

Steener

Steener

Couch Potato

Well, that will certainly make it easier for the Olivias to work together, since Fauxlivia never stole her man and her life, and there is no love child. Hot damn that was completed unexpected (even fully spoiled!) and awesome. Four months... UGH!

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

Maybe the drawing of Peter still exists?

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

I was still reeling from the fact the show had the audacity (or insanity?) to kill its lead character. Then it comes along and finds a way to merge good and evil and pull off an even larger warp of reality. I can't believe they would cut Josh like that but at the same time, it is totally something this show would do. Regardless, this show is 3 for 3 when it comes to mindblowing finales.

So if Peter never existed, what about Altlivia's baby, Henry?

I need to rewatch the opening credits to see what sort of things we will experiencing on Fringe 15 years from now.

cjuniverse

cjuniverse

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:11 PM

I thought the episode was pretty boring and slow. I didn't really see the point of the new universe. It's not permanent so who cares if Olivia dies...

The last few minutes were the only thing that shocked me but I don't really understand it. Honestly, I felt kind of cheated that we didn't spent enough time with Our characters. This didn't really feel like a finale episode. It felt more like a part 1 of 2. Shame. And Peter not existing we know isn't going to last because he's a main character so it kind of makes the finale pointless. No?

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Hmm, maybe Henry will be the key to remembering Peter existed.

Olivia: Hey, where'd you get this cute ass baby from?
Faux: Um?

Also, Walternate has gotta be in the top 10 for worst dads ever.

ETA: Although I admit I'd be fine with Henry disappearing. Sorry baby Bono.

Edited by Ulkis, May 6, 2011 @ 9:15 PM.

Swedge

Swedge

Fanatic

Eh nevermind. I don't enjoy being the negative guy when everyone else is excited. :)

Edited by Swedge, May 6, 2011 @ 9:20 PM.

Brinny

Brinny

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

Also, does Henry exist if Peter never existed?

Omigosh! Henry! I was waiting for somebody (well, Walternate, I guess) to mention Henry, but it never happened. And now without Peanut, there's no Lil'Peanut. Sad.

This is just all around depressing.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 9:13 PM

Folks... Joshua Jackson has NOT left the show. We're just going to have to wait and see how this gets resolved!

What an ending!

Seriously, there are people who did not like this ending??? This is a science fiction show - of course they can wink a main character out of existence. Now the writers will have to be ingenious and get themselves out of this corner. I'm intrigued!

Edited by Money Magnet, May 6, 2011 @ 9:15 PM.