Production of Fringe: Giant Letters in the Sky!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

116 replies to this topic

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Between John and Blair having or getting over a cold or whatever... Jasika probably feeling sore and banged up, even from a fender bender... and Josh & Anna just back from 2 weeks of heavy traveling & PR work... I can see where they might cancel a couple of days just to get everyone back at their peak performance levels.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

• Interests:needlework, science fiction, mysteries

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

The simplest thing is that if John is ill and is essential to many scenes, it would be less expensive and easier to postpone the entire schedule than try to shoot around him and make up his scenes later on. Particularly if there are sets that need to be dismantled mid-week to allow something else to be built in the space, working around a major part is very difficult.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 7:54 PM

You know what I hate? Reading about other Vancouver-area productions that are filming today (like Arrow and Once Upon a Time), with set stalkers and fans hanging around, people looking for spoilers about new episodes to come... and no Fringe.

It won't be too much longer before Fringe filming will be just a memory. No Fringe actors to catch glimpses of, no new spoilers, no new episodes ever again. But, for other shows having their moment, the thrill will go on.

Sad.

edited to add: Well, I had a feeling it was more complicated.

http://www.deadline....gets-treatment/

I still can't help feeling like we don't have the whole story, but we may not get that.

Again, I notice there is still no official statement from Bad Robot. :-(

Edited by Money Magnet, Jul 25, 2012 @ 7:57 PM.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

• Interests:Right now. . .it's all Fringe all the time.

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

This might be the whole story. The same thing happened to Justin Chambers on Grey's Anatomy. He had to check in to a treatment center because he had slept 2 hours in 2 weeks. Something crazy like that. They didn't shut down production either because Grey's is such a huge ensemble or because it was in the off season. Can't remember. I hope John gets rest and better soon!

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

I've had the experience of extreme sleeplessness -- it was medication-induced. I was prescribed an anti-anxiety pill which made me feel beautifully relaxed... with two very strange side effects: my sense of smell became extremely acute, and I could not fall asleep. (Nor did I feel I needed to.) All very peaceful and not manic, but I would just lay there in bed all night feeling perfectly fine and relaxed until the sun came up. After two straight nights of this, I realized I probably wouldn't be able to continue living like that, so I stopped taking it, which was a shame because it really did work for the anxiety.

John Noble seemed fine at Comic-Con, but I do remember watching a table/pressroom interview with him after the panel where he seemed uncharacteristically lacking in energy and kind of stumbling over his words. This is the one: http://www.hitfix.co...-acting-choices

I do hate to see a tabloidy site like TMZ break the news, though. I know nobody at Fringe probably wants to talk to the press about an actor's private health matter, but shutting down production is kind of a big deal and it only makes people wonder.

Edited by Money Magnet, Jul 25, 2012 @ 8:48 PM.

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Insomnia is a serious disorder, and considering the schedule John's been on since hiatus ended, it's no wonder that the existing condition was exacerbated.

If I recall, Anna spent time back home in Australia, then eased herself back into the timezone thing with a trip to Hawaii. Josh spent the summer jet-setting with the missus, so he's just a walking timezone disaster to begin with! Anna's 34. Josh is 34. John is 63.

I can't believe that there are people reading all kinds of things into this, creating conspiracy theories or insinuating something more salacious is going on. Shame on those posters at TMZ.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. A 63-year-old man with insomnia needs a couple of weeks to get it treated. Period.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

That's interesting about the guy from Grey's Anatomy, I didn't know that about him.

I think it is understandable for people to automatically assume it's a drug problem (and honestly, people are only human, and I wouldn't think any less of an actor who did have a drug addiction). And honestly, even when people are taking legitimate medication for real sleep problems, you can get on an awful, uncontrollable boomerang effect where you wind up having to detox as well as figure out your underlying problem.

But really, yesterday's Hollywood Reporter story just seemed like someone was making it up, cobbling info from other sources and making a wild-ass guess as to why production would stop. (Yeah, Blair Brown had a cold, but that was a week and a half ago.) That's what made me think the other shoe had yet to drop. I guess I wish someone would actually come out and make a statement on John's behalf instead of having it come out through a gossip site. I can certainly see where nobody would want to disrupt his privacy, but if you don't do PR, the gossip sites will handle that for you.

NorthTexas

NorthTexas

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

John's daughter mentioned that he sleep walks and eats. They call him the midnight monster or something.

sleepingwalker

sleepingwalker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

I've just started a complete re-watch of the series thanks to Amazon prime. I probably missed a few episodes in the first season when I was first getting hooked. I was noticing how much the sound quality has changed since the start. Broyles and Walter both sound fairly different than in the latest season.

I had also forgotten how fast we got to Olivia's black underware and all the needles. Its right up there, first thing.

It seems to me that the show started very strongly.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

Joshua Jackson has been seen around Vancouver today, so that's a hopeful sign that the production delay will soon be over. (Today is a public holiday in Canada, so no productions are shooting.)

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Someone on tumblr said that Fringe was filming outside of their house (they also had no idea what Fringe was).

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

Ahhh. They're back. All is right with the world, and more importantly, that means that John is okay!

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

Has anyone seen John?

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

John is apparently in Vancouver as of Sunday. (Someone saw him on their flight coming back from LA.)

Ari also posted an image of a production slate and said cameras are rolling.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

John was on set today and met with fans. Josh, Jasika and Georgina Haig also. Looks like everything's back in full swing.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

Trying not to draw any theories on the story on why they met everyone but Anna ;p

NorthTexas

NorthTexas

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 3:53 PM

Trying not to draw any theories on the story on why they met everyone but Anna

Maybe she wasn't there. None of the paparazzi mentioned her being there.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

Maybe she wasn't there. None of the paparazzi mentioned her being there.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I meant trying not to come up with theories story wise as to why Olivia isn't around.

NorthTexas

NorthTexas

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

Ah, I see :)

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

I'm sure it's just a matter of Olivia not being in the scene or scenes shot that day. They could take a whole day to shoot just a few minutes of the ep. I wouldn't worry.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 2:15 AM

Yes, and they were all gracious and very generous with their time. It was amazing to meet them and the crew members we talked with were wonderful as well. It was an unforgettable experience!

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

Cool that you got to meet them. I tried to message you DixieGirl, but it keep saying you can receive no new messages. Anyway, awesome. So was Josh as tall and adorable in real life as he is on screen? :)

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

YES! Even taller, thinner, more handsome, more sweet and genuine than you could ever dream of. And a great hugger....

jenapen

jenapen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 7:37 AM

Random fact about the drawings for the upcoming episode if anyone is interested, they appear to have been done by one of the Assistant Location Managers, Trevor Metz.

Isidore

Isidore

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

Fringe filming schedule changed:

Production List
Tuesday Oct 09,2012

FRINGE SEASON 5
Schedule: Jul 18, 2012 to Dec 11, 2012
link

Previously it was "to Nov 29, 2012"

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted Dec 20, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

Warner Bros is not auctioning off its Fringe props. They are reportedly going into storage.

I don't know how excited we should get about that tidbit of news, since I don't know how common or uncommon this sort of thing is, or what they do with them in storage. I had only heard that Walter's lab was going into storage, but perhaps that was really the only standing set? Massive Dynamic might have been another, or Fringe Division HQ.

I'm guessing in months or years to come we might see some props auctioned off for charity, too.

Walter's lab has to be one of the most incredible TV sets ever. Just for the sheer amount of props strewn around, the whole insanely complicated grandeur of all the glassware, tables, tools, charts and books and vintage electronics... and half-ambering it this season just made it more colorful.

petunia846

petunia846

Stalker

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

If you ever visit LA, you can take the WB studios tour. The time I went we got to stroll through the props department. I didn't really see anything I recognized at the time. It looked more like stuff that was heading out to be used...there were papers taped to a lot of things (like furniture) stating the show they were set aside for. So maybe some of the less recognizable stuff from Fringe might go back there to get reused in future shows.