Elijah/Elena: Can I Trust You? Can *I* Trust YOU?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

39 replies to this topic

bartered goods

bartered goods

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 12:42 PM

Having spent the last couple of hours greedily downloading screencaps from "Klaus", I have completely reversed my position on this. And purchased a state room on the 'ship.

HawtMess

HawtMess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 12:54 PM

A better question is why shouldn't she?

He wasn't the one who broke her trust, she was the one who literally stabbed him in the back, really the front but you know what I mean.

He has proven to be a man of his word and until proven otherwise, Elena is making a very smart decision in getting him on her side in the fight against Klaus. It is not as if she had more choices to pick from anyway. Her bestfriend dying is the other option and that is not a choice at all for Elena.

If her gamble pays off, they'll be able to defeat Klaus, and both she and Bonnie will be alive when the dust settles. Sweet deal if you ask me.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

• Interests:TV shows (obviously) - anything by Joss Whedon, Veronica Mars, Russel T. Davies-era Doctor Who are favorites, but I watch a lot, mostly speculative fiction.
    Also a fan of anime, video games (esp. western RPGs), reading (a big fantasy geek).

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 12:56 PM

Nah. Too many people are/were in love with Elena for me to support it. Don't see anything romantic in their interaction.
Now, Katherine/Elijah is a bit more interesting, although I also still want to see more of her interactions with Klaus.

HawtMess

HawtMess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 12:59 PM

Don't see anything romantic in their interaction.

I don't either but I saw what may have been grudging respect, if not amusement lol

Now with Katerine, I think he was fond of her, not in love with her.

bartered goods

bartered goods

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 1:13 PM

I don't see anything romantic in their interactions yet, but I could see maybe a couple of seeds being dropped, at least on Elijah's side.

For one thing, human Katerina -- in Elijah's flashback -- was eerily like Elena. This is in stark contrast to anything that we have seen of Katherine previously, either as a human or as a vampire, up to and including her own flashback in "Katerina." By her own description there, she was conniving, manipulative, and didn't care who she hurt as long as she survived.

Compare that to the innocent-seeming, girlish, romantic Katerina we saw in Elijah's flashback. That dissonance leads me to believe that what Elijah was seeing was not Katherine at all, but his memories of the original Petrova, projected onto her doppelganger.

That being the case, as he gets to know Elena more, isn't it possible that he could realize that she IS more like the original, and come to care for her? When he said he wouldn't make the same mistake of caring for the doppelganger twice, I for one said, "The Original doth protest too much, methinks."

I'm certainly not suggesting the show will go there; I'd be, frankly, shocked beyond belief if they did. But I can see it as non-completely-crazy idea.

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 7:28 PM

They have a mutual fascination with each other. I'm not getting sexual chemistry with them yet, but they do have chemistry. One moment I noticed was Elijah's face right after Elena came back from dealing with Jenna. He lights up when he sees that she honored her word. Like she passed some type of secret test he had for her.

Edited by merrick715, Apr 23, 2011 @ 7:28 PM.

bartered goods

bartered goods

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 7:32 PM

They have a mutual fascination with each other. I'm not getting sexual chemistry with them yet, but they do have chemistry. One moment I noticed was Elijah's face right after Elena came back from dealing with Jenna. He lights up when he sees that she honored her word. Like she passed some type of secret test he had for her.

It's like he was trying so hard not to break out in a big smile. That vampire seriously needs a hug.

HawtMess

HawtMess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 8:40 PM

I loved that. He thanked her for coming back if I remember correctly. I love Elijah and I love Elena 100x when she is away from the triangle of suck, which unfortunately include myStefan.

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 1:49 AM

It's like he was trying so hard not to break out in a big smile. That vampire seriously needs a hug.

There is such an interesting interplay between the two of them. He really isn't that angry that she double crossed him and "killed" him and she isn't that pissed off that they could have avoided all of this if he would have been upfront that the she didn't need to die nor that he is was planning on killing her anyways. It was more of a disappointed vibe between the two of them for their previous action. Elijah and Elena seem to enjoy talking to each other. She was very interested in his story during Klaus, and I don't think all of that interest had to do with what is about to happen. He seemed to enjoy their conversation this episode and also during their conversation after Jenna invites him into their house. He seems to almost perk up, and he drops the arrogant tone around her. I can actually picture them enjoying each others company if circumstances were different. I can never picture Elena having that same conversation with Klaus. I don't really think there is any other two characters that have the same dynamic on this show.

purplebubbles

purplebubbles

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 11:46 AM

Oh man, romantic or not, I loved their scenes together. They had very interesting chemistry.

One moment I noticed was Elijah's face right after Elena came back from dealing with Jenna. He lights up when he sees that she honored her word. Like she passed some type of secret test he had for her.

Yup! I loved that scene.

Part of what intrigues me about Elijah's character is that he possesses qualities from both Stefan and Damon IMO - he is noble in his own way, courageous, calm and decisive, yet at the same time morally ambiguous and unpredictable. So to see Elena interacting with someone like that is interesting to say the least.

I saw Elijah looking at Elena sort of fondly, as if she reminded him of someone he once cared deeply about. I know that Stefan was initially attracted to Elena because of her resemblance to Katherine, but somehow this dynamic is a lot more compelling from Elijah's character.

Xenite

Xenite

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 4:57 PM

The Original DoppleKatLena is a sister. No sexual chemistry. Just fond brotherly love.

HawtMess

HawtMess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 5:08 PM

Is that fact? I hope the Original was a relative too.

Xenite

Xenite

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 6:15 PM

Nah. Not fact. I'm just speculating. I don't see sexual chemistry. I see that he is quite fond of Elena but there is no chemistry. So I think that the Original has to be someone that invokes that fondness without it being sexual. Truthfully, there was more sexual energy between Flashback Elijah and Flashback Klaus than between Elijah and Katherine or Elena.

bartered goods

bartered goods

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 6:38 PM

Nah. Not fact. I'm just speculating. I don't see sexual chemistry. I see that he is quite fond of Elena but there is no chemistry. So I think that the Original has to be someone that invokes that fondness without it being sexual. Truthfully, there was more sexual energy between Flashback Elijah and Flashback Klaus than between Elijah and Katherine or Elena.

Matter of opinion, I guess. I could see some sparks between Flashback Elijah and Katerina. I can even see where they could grow between Elijah and Elena. I definitely felt like "The Original doth protest too much, methinks" when he said he wouldn't make the mistake of caring for a doppelganger again.

I'm really intrigued to see some interaction between Elijah and Katherine in the present. The looks between them in the tomb were pretty damn intense. Not sexual in that instance, but intense. I could see the possibility of some awesome hate sex. (Well, as awesome as it could be on a network show that airs at 8:00 p.m. Not, like, Bill-Lorena levels of awesome.) Then again, I spend so much time in the gutter that I have my own Houseboat there, so that's where I'm coming from. ;-)

ETA: I wouldn't be averse to the original Petrova turning out to be their mother, though. I recall that photo of Nina in period garb kneeling by a huge white wolf. It looked like a BTS photo as there were crew in the background, but it could have been a rehearsal or shooting of a flashback to Mama Original and her werewolf lover who was killed by Daddy O. Oedipal complex, anyone?

Edited by bartered goods, Apr 27, 2011 @ 6:40 PM.

talullabell

talullabell

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 7:24 PM

I've been thinking that the doppelgänger was a copy of a sister or mother, too. But I just remembered Kat and Klaus were apparently a "thing." So was Klaus romancing (and sleeping with?) a woman who was an exact copy of his mother or sister? Because...disturbing.

Edited by talullabell, Apr 27, 2011 @ 7:25 PM.

bartered goods

bartered goods

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 7:41 PM

I've been thinking that the doppelgänger was a copy of a sister or mother, too. But I just remembered Kat and Klaus were apparently a "thing." So was Klaus romancing (and sleeping with?) a woman who was an exact copy of his mother or sister? Because...disturbing.

I didn't get the idea they were actually sleeping together, mainly because I would hope Katherine learned to keep her legs closed after the first bastard, but it's open to interpretation. As far as being disturbing... uh, have you met Klaus? ;-)

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

• Interests:TV shows (obviously) - anything by Joss Whedon, Veronica Mars, Russel T. Davies-era Doctor Who are favorites, but I watch a lot, mostly speculative fiction.
    Also a fan of anime, video games (esp. western RPGs), reading (a big fantasy geek).

Posted Apr 28, 2011 @ 7:38 AM

I don't think the show would go there, but it would be pretty interesting if the original Petrova did turn out to be their mother. I don't mind Oedipal complex, I actually have a thing for screwed-up people and relationships :) But TVD never really tried to explore any complex psychological dynamics, so the writers would probably be better off sticking to things they know how to do: fast pacings, twists, eye candy, etc.

Mathilda

Mathilda

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2011 @ 5:22 AM

But JP and KW have already said that Elijah's sister and his mother are in the coffins and will be coming out. So Charlotte isn't related to them. I don't think Daniel would play Elijah as being attracted to Elena if she looked like someone he was related to. Klaus might be that messed up but I don't think Elijah is.

So....I wouldn't say I ship it but it's an interesting idea. I certainly liked Elena's scenes with Elijah best from season two. He doesn't suffocate her, he seems to actually respect her ability to make decisions for herself. Their scenes in 2x19 Klaus were, for me, the only interesting ones in the entire episode. I hope that when they bring Elijah back they don't just keep him off away from Elena; I'd like to see them interact more. If nothing else I think they could make really cool friends.

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

I had to bump this back to the top. I adore these two, they have such a great dynamic.

Oh Elena I understand why you did it but he trusts you so much (and according to Daniel it's a lot more then just feelings of trust he has) ;__;

BloodyCharity

BloodyCharity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

That was heartbreaking. Oh silly girl, he's the best ally and strongest protector you could wish for in this (or any other) situation and you screw him over? And why? Because you want your ex to get his "revenge"?

I was also bummed that their reunion scene cut immediately to the next day.

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

Yeah I would have loved to have seen them "catch up." She obviously came from that meeting believing what he says. I like to think he gave his condolences about Jenna, apologised for breaking their deal and Elena understanding why. Family means the most to both of them.

Can't wait to see what their dynamic will be like now she's betrayed him.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

Elijah puts his trust in Elena. Elena betrays him. Again. Really?

When people make the argument that Elijah broke the deal to kill Klaus, there's also the major point of him doing it for family, just like Stefan did for Damon, and this had been the ONLY time he had betrayed Elena and her friends. All the other times, he negotiated deals that would benefit them and stuck by those deals.

Elijah better be pissed at Elena once he finds out what she did. Because if he just forgives her, I'll be mad. He deserves a little rage at her but her alone. I don't want him trying to kill Damon or Stefan because of his anger for her. Not that he would, but the other siblings might.

Oh well, I'm intrigued in this dynamic next episode than anything else.

RKMK

RKMK

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

That was heartbreaking. Oh silly girl, he's the best ally and strongest protector you could wish for in this (or any other) situation and you screw him over? And why? Because you want your ex to get his "revenge"?

In her defense, I don't think it has anything to do with Stefan, and everything to do with killing Klaus, who likes to do things like "compel Tyler to bite Caroline" and "kill her family."

Still, it was so sad - I was really hoping she'd warn him somehow. :(

I need fic. Anyone know any good E/E fic?

BloodyCharity

BloodyCharity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

I would believe that if she showed any interest at all in getting a personal revenge or in getting rid of him to avenge the mistreatment of her friends.
She doesn't seem to be even particularly mad at Klaus about anything else than possibly taking Stefan away from her, which is bizarre (or just really lousy writing). :(

I'm currently fic-hunting myself. They're a popular 'ship lately, you'd think there was a lot more fic. *goes back hunting*

eta:

This pretty good, both steamy and angsty, and Elijah is somehow very in character.

Edited by BloodyCharity, Feb 13, 2012 @ 6:37 PM.

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

I really like this fic. It's multi chapter and in progress.

BloodyCharity

BloodyCharity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

These are also pretty amazing. If only.

RKMK

RKMK

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

OH MY HEART.

AgeofAquarian

AgeofAquarian

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

I never got into Elena and Elijah but that letter? Was so wonderful and heartbreaking. I need him to hurry back

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

I loved that letter. I was nervous at first but I shouldn't have doubted him. He'd totally feel regretful about what he did. "Always and Forever." GAH.

Xenite

Xenite

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

One Question: Why does not think that it's in Elena's nature to lie? She has proven that she is untrustworthy to him and to his baby sister. As he said when speaking to Rebekah, "I used your hatred of her..." Rebekah surely told him why she tried to kill Elena. Does Elijah ride the short bus?