ANT Farm

• Please log in to reply

102 replies to this topic

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2014 @ 11:34 PM

I believe Disney will keep Chyna around if they can.  She is a talented singer, which they seem to love.  I wouldn't mind watching her in something else, especially if they allow her to be a little more grown up.

I'm not so sure.  Chyna is definitely young enough to stick around, but I'd be surprised if she's there post whenever her DCOM airs.  I'm not even so sure the McClain sisters are still with Hollywood Records.  I don't know if anything has officially been announced, but I no longer see them on the Hollywood website and the sisters just released a song independently.    So if she's not on their record label anymore either and they're not making money off her that way, that's one less reason they would keep her around.

As for this show being the red headed stepchild, I think it just never caught on the way that Disney wanted.  The ratings weren't abysmal, but I think they were lower than GLC, Jesse, SIU and most of the other recent shows.  It never had very much buzz.  I also think DC is trying to runoff most of the shows that are coming to an end as quickly as possible so they can usher in this new era of Disney.

Well they snatched up China for the DCOM How to Build a Better Boy which will be premiering sometime in 2014, probably the spring.

I think it was more likely her parting gift.

Edited by spanana, Jan 2, 2014 @ 11:36 PM.

RetroJunkie94

RetroJunkie94

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 11:44 PM

The series finale airs March 28th, 2014. It called the new york experiANTs

https://twitter.com/...290543847403520

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 11:02 AM

That link's borked, but I found a couple of references to a March timeframe online; I'll take it.  It looks like there are only two episodes left including the finale, and the next-to-last one supposedly will air on February 28.  Considering how the most recent episode ended, I'm at least curious about how far they're going to go with the whole Fletcher/Olive thing by the end of the show.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 1:14 PM

The final episode airs tomorrow & I've seen Disney Channel promoting it like they're over this show (like me) & ho-humming it. I know that Disney Channel showed a lot of energy & excitement promoting the heck out of the Good Luck Charlie finale and even the Shake It Up finale. After watching the 3rd season, I can't blame Disney Channel for feeling like that.

It also doesn't help that Fletcher & Olive kissed. I can't find anything cute & endearing about it. Their kiss was gross & disgusting and it made me very unhappy. I don't find Fletcher & Olive very compatible together. 

Edited by Magog, Mar 20, 2014 @ 1:17 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 4:16 PM

Their kiss was gross & disgusting and it made me very unhappy. I don't find Fletcher & Olive very compatible together. 

I thought it came out of nowhere, but it was a pretty standard innocent DC kiss.  I mean, it's not like they were slobbering all over each other and tongue was involved. 

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 6:51 PM

It wasn't even a lips-on-lips kiss (and it occurs to me that out of the last few years of DC shows this and Dog with a Blog are the only ones not to feature that at some point), but ITA that it and the subsequent Fletcher/Olive attraction did come completely out of nowhere.  Considering how Fletcher has basically been Olive's--and Chyna's at times--butt monkey for the majority of the series, it really would have been nice to see a little more buildup to this.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 7:46 PM

What an awful finale.  When did this show go completely off the rails?  It just feels like nobody involved with the show even cared for most of the last season.  It was never that great, but it wasn't this bad and disjointed.  Also it was obvious how little DC cared about saying goodbye to this show.

Only interesting thing to me was that they clearly wrote Jake Short off the show in case it magically got picked up for a fourth season, since he would have been unavailable.  I also assume Roshon would have been his replacement on a fictional fourth season.  Not that it was ever going to get one.

The Fletcher/Olive thing was mostly nonsensical to me because it came out of nowhere.  I know these shows tend to do that sort of thing, like Lilly and Oliver on Hannah Montana.   But you have to at least hint that two people have any sort of feelings for each other over the course of three seasons.  This show literally had an episode where Olive broke up with her boyfriend and Fletcher was in a completely different silly plot that had nothing to do with her for most of the episode.  Then they tacked on a scene at the end where they talked and suddenly wanted to date.  So bad.

Edited by spanana, Mar 21, 2014 @ 10:12 PM.

HickoryColt

HickoryColt

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 10:06 PM

Yes, completely awful and forgettable finale.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 10:37 PM

It definitely struck me as not necessarily a finale.  Like you said, they clearly used the story line to write Fletcher out so they could carry on without him, and brought in Roshon to replace him.  The result was very little closure for the series as a whole.  They really could have done a better "possible finale, possible the show goes on" and left Fletcher with the rest of them, and then, if they did get another season, they could have written him out in the first episode of the new season.  (It's not like Jake Short parted ways with the network and they wouldn't be able to get him for one episode.)  

This felt really unsatisfying.  

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 10:48 PM

Unsatisfying is the right word.  I'm not even a big fan of this show, but I'd be pretty pissed if I were and that's how the writers/producers chose to leave it.  They had to know there wasn't a good chance of getting a 4th season, so they should have at least tried to give fans some sort of closure.  SIU pretty much had the same situation, and while that wasn't amazing either, at least they left fans on an episode that focused on the central relationship of the show and there was some reminiscing and nods to how much they had grown up and all that.  There was a little bit of emotional weight to it.  Not to mention they had a better shot of getting a S4 since their ratings were considerably better.  This was just dumb.

Edited by spanana, Mar 22, 2014 @ 10:15 AM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 8:42 AM

I didn't completely hate the final episode, or at least not parts of it; Lexie's "off-Broadway" play was random and funny, Roshon Fegan's Hudson actually was a rather interesting character coming where he did, and Olive breaking up with Fletcher so he could take the fellowship in New York was at least well-meaning...if more than a little abrupt (befitting their relationship, I suppose).  But the episode as a whole was indeed rather unsatisfying as a whole--it was far more of a regular season finale than Shake It Up's final episode, if perhaps by mere lack of effort (and both of those fall far behind Kickin' It's third-season/almost-series finale, but that's admittedly a unique case since it was picked up much later).  Then again, considering its redheaded-stepchild status, it figures that this show would go out as unceremoniously as it did.

And with this ending, the DCLAU proper is reduced to one last show standing: Jessie.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 1:21 AM

I finally saw the final episode and other than China & Roshon and that loser Angus getting rejected by Olive & China (second to last show), the finale was definitely nothing special. It was the complete opposite of the Hannah Montana finale & The Suite Life on Deck finale. Heck, even the Shake It Up finale was better than this.

I'm glad that ANT Farm is not getting a 4th season because Roshon possibly being on there if it had happen doesn't excite me. I was already done with this show & Roshon being there for a 4th season (if they had gotten it) wouldn't of improved the show or make it better.

Overall, the first 2 season were good & the last season was down right unenjoyable & forgettable. Hopefully, this will be the last time that we see that idiot who played Angus on Disney Channel or anywhere on TV for that matter. Just like Stephanie Scott, he was a complete nuisance throughout the entire run of ANT Farm & was an absolute embarrassment to the show. I'm sure that Sierra McCormick is very happy that she won't have to deal with that loser ever again.

Edited by Magog, Mar 26, 2014 @ 1:23 AM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2014 @ 3:36 PM

I'm sure that Sierra McCormick is very happy that she won't have to deal with that loser ever again.

I'm lost.  Was there some story that the kid who played Angus was a problem on set or something?   Or that there were problems between him and Sierra?