ANT Farm

• Please log in to reply

102 replies to this topic

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

I loved the ending where Hegel is shown to actually be alive...and trying to escape Olive! As much as I adore her, if I had to live with her constant recitation of factoids, I'd probably be plotting an escape too.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Angus's "You shouldn't be alone tonight" to a grieving Olive [how does this show get away with some of this stuff?];

I wish that Olive would tell Angus how she really feels about him. Every time Angus shows his face & always tormenting Olive, it irritates me deeply & it brings down the show. ANT Farm would be even better without Angus & the inclusion of Violet (Ballet dANTser episode). Violet is adorable & she made me laugh with her anger issues. Anyone who puts Lexi in her place will always be good in my book. She also has a crush on Fletcher & I find that very endearing. If I can't have Fletcher & Chyna together, then I wouldn't mind having Fletcher & Violet being together.

I've always acknowledged China McClain is a good singer, but last night's episode also made me realize how talented she as an actress, too. I know that sounds pretty dumb considering the show is basically built around her, but I'd never really payed attention to her line delivery (particularly those Horatio Caine-esque one-liners) and her timing (Chyna and Olive's spat while ordering shawarma) until recently.

Chyna can definitely sing & act. Its pretty infuriating that Disney Channel would rather have those Shake It Up girls (especially Bella Thorne) become the current face on Disney Channel instead of Chyna McClain. Chyna has way more talent & charisma than Bella Thorne. Even Chyna's 2 sisters are more talented than Bella Thorne.

Edited by Magog, Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:38 PM.

Zeath

Zeath

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

I know that Gibson may be an unessassary character, he is, but I don't understand why he's hated. Angus is much worse. He only talks about food or Olive.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself...Although Gibson and Angus are both one dimensional characters, Gibson has the added annoyance of being idiotic. Tissues in his hair, not knowing how to play tic tac toe, mouth to mouth on a toy (that doesn't even have a mouth), the list goes on and on. He is a complete moron and a completely unbelievable character....even if an adult like him existed, would he really be put in charge of a gifted program at the local high school?

MsLawDawg

MsLawDawg

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty much a captive audience when it comes to Disney Channel, since my daughter commandeers the TV. This show is an exception. The "ballet dANTser" episode had me laughing out loud, between Daryl coming in to teach driver's ed to Cameron and Paisley in the children's cars and Violet, who frightened even Lexi.

I've always acknowledged China McClain is a good singer, but last night's episode also made me realize how talented she as an actress, too. I know that sounds pretty dumb considering the show is basically built around her, but I'd never really payed attention to her line delivery (particularly those Horatio Caine-esque one-liners) and her timing (Chyna and Olive's spat while ordering shawarma) until recently.

She's a great singer, but her comedic timing is really good for an actor her age. I loved the "you're the one that I wANT" episode, too; she was great in that, as was the actor who plays Olive.

Edited by MsLawDawg, Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:35 PM.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

The recent episode (fANTasy dancer) was very funny. But, I'm starting to feel bad for Cameron. Its like the show is going out of its way to make him inferior to his sister, Chyna & I don't like it. This episode is a prime example of it. I like Cameron a lot & I know that he's a smart person than what is shown on ANT Farm. He's most certainly more charming than Angus.

I also wish that Fletcher would start being nice to Violet. Since Chyna has repeatedly rejected him (sadly), he should know how she felt when Violet keeps on hitting on him. I'm really starting to get annoyed about that. I may like Chyna a lot, but I'm still not getting what Fletcher sees in her & why he thinks Violet is repulsive. Violet is such a sweetheart & Fletcher deserves her way more than Chyna. Hopefully, there will be even more Violet on future shows, since she is definitely starting to fit in to the show.

Edited by Magog, Jun 16, 2012 @ 3:28 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

Its like the show is going out of its way to make him inferior to his sister, Chyna & I don't like it. This episode is a prime example of it. I like Cameron a lot & I know that he's a smart person than what is shown on ANT Farm. He's most certainly more charming than Angus.

As he's been written the entire run of the series so far, though, he's not a smarter person. I'm not seeing any difference in his intelligence level from episode 1 through the run so far. He is what they write the character to be, and there hasn't been some significant change - this is what he's always been.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

I also wish that Fletcher would start being nice to Violet. Since Chyna has repeatedly rejected him (sadly), he should know how she felt when Violet keeps on hitting on him. I'm really starting to get annoyed about that. I may like Chyna a lot, but I'm still not getting what Fletcher sees in her & why he thinks Violet is repulsive. Violet is such a sweetheart & Fletcher deserves her way more than Chyna. Hopefully, there will be even more Violet on future shows, since she is definitely starting to fit in to the show.

Fletcher is such a scardy cat anyway, I can't see him ever falling for Violet. She is kind of violent and very into sports. Neither of those things seem like a match for Fletcher. If they tone her down a bit, maybe give her an interest in art, then maybe he would fall for her.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

I haven't seen very much of Wacky the Wolf lately. I find him to be very endearing & he always makes me laugh.

I'm also seeing a lot of Angus lately this season & I'm not happy about it. He is still very dumb & even more repulsive as usual. The only time that this loser made me laugh is when after eating something at the fair, he & Fletcher went to that roller coaster (after going multiple times & mocking Fletcher) and Fletcher finally got a good picture of himself on the roller coaster while Angus was vomiting. That was very funny & he deserved it. I don't know why Disney Channel thinks he's remotely amusing & that we need to see his unfunniness on just about every episode of ANT Farm.

C1124

C1124

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

I have really enjoyed watching ANT Farm; a lot of very funny episodes this season and last!

Do you guys think that ANT Farm is a lock to be renewed for its third season? Good Luck Charlie has already been picked up for Season 4; Shake It Up is now filming Season 3; and Austin & Ally and Jessie are both filming Season 2. That leaves ANT Farm as the only Disney live action show whose next season has yet to be confirmed. I definitely hope it gets renewed!

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

So, anyone have any idea what was with all the Gibson stuff in tonight's new episode?

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2012 @ 4:35 AM

I was wondering that myself--even for this show, that was strange. That probably took a back seat to the Star Wars gags, though.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

I figured it out - they were doing a "spot the Gibsons" thing, where you had to count how many times you saw him and go to the website to unlock something. I think it's odd that they really didn't promo it much, like they usually do when they do something like that. We have the Disney Channel on a lot around here, and while I'd seen plenty of previews of the episode, I never saw anything about the counting the Gibsons.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:42 AM

Last week's one-hour episode (the second-season finale, as it turns out--S3 won't air until next spring) was unusual--not because they wrote in China Anne McClain's sisters as two members of a popular girl-group that Chyna ended up joining temporarily, but because an ongoing subplot involved the ousted original third member of the group openly trying to kill them. I was amazed they went there, even though it was done comically.

The rest of the episode was largely about Lexi trying to put on a musical to regain her queen-bee status after Chyna's departure (which of course was a retelling of how "the evil Chyna" stole her thunder at the party she gave in the first episode), and it probably worked better than it should have. Partly due to Stefanie Scott, partly because it went a little meta in-show, and partly because of a surprisingly low-key LMFAO parody.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Gotta say I got a laugh watching Chyna's older sis (the one with the red streak of hair) trying not not mouth their older sister's lines during the out of control bus scene.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

I was surprised they went with the Darlene trying to kill them, too. It was played for laughs but it was still kind of a disturbing thing to see on a TV show geared for youngsters. I have to admit, I did not see dad as the bus driver coming and I thought that was kind of cute. I was confused by why the jocks suddenly took over the Ant Farm just because Chyna left....why would they even be aware that the insignificant Ant was gone and/or why would they have been intimidated by her in the first place?

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

Along with Darlene's multiple attempts to kill them, when Darlene went out the lighthouse window, I was pretty surprised. On some level, I assumed they wouldn't actually have her die, but it was still pretty extreme. I guess the show is firmly establishing itself as surreal, so we're not supposed to take anything seriously, even attempted murder and potential death.

As for the ant farm, I don't think it was necessarily that the other kids in school were intimidated by Chyna, but that Chyna wasn't intimdated by them, so she would have spoken up and not just meekly let them push them out of their space. If it was known that Chyna was the only ant with a backbone and that she was gone, it might have been the impetus for them to decide to take over the space.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

That's perhaps my one major nitpick: Violet, who is even more assertive than Chyna is WRT the "big kids," was and had to be MIA for that story to work. Which is fine, except that they didn't even explain her absence. Being a recurring character, though, I'm not exactly surprised they didn't go that far...just disappointed.

I have to admit, I did not see dad as the bus driver coming and I thought that was kind of cute.

Finesse Mitchell was actually really good in this episode, both as Darryl (for once being a sensible parent, apart from inevitably forgetting about Cameron) and as the utterly deadpan "Y'all don't have to worry about me texting, because I don't know what that is" Gus. Hell, the entire runaway bus sequence was gold.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Finesse Mitchell was actually really good in this episode, both as Darryl (for once being a sensible parent, apart from inevitably forgetting about Cameron)

I guess Chyna's mom no longer exists on this show. I assumed when we saw Darryl that the mom was at home with Cameron...until he made that comment.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

I like the recent episode about Chyna having a tribute to the African American women in music. I felt like I actually learned something positive for a change on Disney Channel.

Despite that good episode, the big negatives were Angus (as usual & why is even on this episode), Lexi being a jerk (as usual) & Fletcher. In fact, I'm beginning to really hate Fletcher. I'm glad that Chyna & Fletcher didn't work out because of Fletcher's attitude on the show lately. He's just as dumb as Angus, he's not as funny as he thinks he is, & he is always being mean to Olive. I don't know why Olive puts up with him. She certainly deserves better than having Fletcher as a friend. Thats why he got what he deserved in this episode. Fletcher needs to wise up & stop being mean to Olive. He also needs to wake up & start liking Violet. He is definitely not anything special.

BTW, where is Violet? I haven't seen her face lately & I'm getting very irritated about it. Her presence makes ANT Farm more tolerable to watch than it currently is.

If anybody is curious, there will be a 3rd season of ANT Farm. Carlon Jeffrey (Cameron) will not be a part of it.

Edited by Magog, Feb 23, 2013 @ 11:31 AM.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

Olive is just as mean to Fletcher as he is to her, so I don't feel bad for her in that respect. If she can dish it out then she is going to have to take it in return.

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2013 @ 9:56 AM

How are they going to explain Cameron not being there? It's not like he's on target to graduate any time soon!

Of course, given that this is yet another school-based show where the characters never go to class, I'm not sure ANY of the kids are on target to graduate.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:46 PM

I dont think they can have Cameron graduating because, unless I am seriously mistaken, he and Paisley and Lexi are all in the same grade. They can't have him gone and them there if they claim he has graduated. Maybe they will recast his role? Or maybe he will go live with Grammy and finish school there?

dhb

dhb

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 2:46 PM

I will spoiler tag this just to be safe.

Spoiler

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

Spoiler

Edited by ladyrott, Feb 25, 2013 @ 4:13 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

Looks like that came from late last year...I'm admittedly curious to see how they pull this off, partly because
Spoiler

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:18 AM

Spoiler

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:54 PM

I thought we were pretty much rid of Gibson. Has he been on aside from that "Count the Gibsons" episode since the episode set in Australia?

topanga

topanga

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

I guess Chyna's mom no longer exists on this show. I assumed when we saw Darryl that the mom was at home with Cameron...until he made that comment.

TV moms are often dead or absent, or they get written off the show. Single dads are funnier? Moms aren't funny? When there isn't a lot of money in the show's budget, someone's gotta go, and it's not going to be one of the male leads?

If it was known that Chyna was the only ant with a backbone and that she was gone, it might have been the impetus for them to decide to take over the space.

I love Chyna. She has a take-charge personality, but she's not rude or bossy (most of the time).

By the way, I didn't know that China Mc. could really play the guitar. There's a YouTube video of her singing "Dynamite" w/ the young actress Quvenzhane Wallis, and she plays the whole tune on her accoustic guitar.

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:43 PM

I think one thing that makes the show work as well as it does is that Chyna is essentially playing herself. She's a gifted young musician, and she's playing a character who is a gifted young musician. It works.

Edited by dmmetler, Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:44 PM.