Cast Members in Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

353 replies to this topic

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:29 AM

Conleth Hill (Varys) just popped up on Suits. It was weird seeing Varys in a suit (and with hair).

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 1:10 PM

On last night's (aired in America) Ripper Street, not only was it an episode that heavy focused on Jerome Flynn's Drake, Iain Glen was in it as Drake's old commanding officer, that had turned into a leader of a heist gang, and was trying to rope in Drake. They had a lot of scenes together and it was pretty awesome seeing Bronn and Jorah share the screen, since they haven't had an opportunity to do so on this show.

vntrlqst

vntrlqst

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 17, 2013 @ 5:09 PM

The actor that plays Dolorous Edd was in a movie I watched (and enjoyed) last night called Kill List. A domestic drama that morphs into a hitman movie before finally morphing into a horror movie in its last 20 minutes. Edd plays a Jesus freak and only has two or three lines, one of which is, "Jesus loves you."

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

Was bored today and found a slight romantic comedy called What Rats Won't Do. Not a terribly good movie, but Charles Dance has a hysterical bit where he wears, um, very little.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 5:03 AM

The actor that plays Dolorous Edd was in a movie I watched (and enjoyed) last night called Kill List. A domestic drama that morphs into a hitman movie before finally morphing into a horror movie in its last 20 minutes. Edd plays a Jesus freak and only has two or three lines, one of which is, "Jesus loves you."

That actor, Ben Crompton, is also one of the regulars in the BBC3 sitcom Pramface. Ralph Ineson (Dagmar Cleftjaw) was a guest in the most recent episode, as the boss of Crompton's character's wife, who he thought she was having an affair with.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:56 PM

Elyes Gabel (Rakharo) is apparently a regular on Body of Proof, as Mark Valley's fellow detective. Kind of cool seeing him all dressed up and speaking perfect English. Judging from the ratings though, it might only be a short-term gig, sadly.

Mormegil

Mormegil

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

On last night's (aired in America) Ripper Street, not only was it an episode that heavy focused on Jerome Flynn's Drake, Iain Glen was in it as Drake's old commanding officer,

Quite a few GoT cast members have been in Ripper Street (Irish actors especially as it's filmed in Dublin).

Kristian Nairn (Hodor) had an uncredited role in the first Episode, Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) was a Police Commissioner in 2 episodes, Clive Russell (Season 3 Brynden Tully) is Inspector Aberline and Ian McElhinney
(Barristan Selmy) was in the latest episode as a Shipping Tycoon.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:02 PM

It's currently the 2nd intermission of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", with Ciarian Hinds (Mance Rader) as Big Daddy. Loving it.

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 4:43 PM

Stumbled across Charles Dance in an execrable piece of crap called Trinity. He's very good despite everything and everyone around him.

mona kane

mona kane

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 9:47 AM

I saw Emilia Clark in Breakfast at Tiffanys this weekend. The play was awful. Emilia is cute and vivacious but it's hard to follow in the footsteps of Audrey Hepburn.

skeeter22

skeeter22

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:27 PM

Emilia Clarke is getting savaged by the critics for her Holly Golightly. She seems to be a really lovely girl, but I think she is one of the worst actors on Game of Thrones. She doesn't have much experience though, so it's not as if she won't improve.

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

Watched a really fabulous 3 part TV movie called Shooting the Past with Lindsay Duncan and Liam Cunningham (Davos). He plays an American businessman who is trying to convince Duncan to dispose of an archive of photographs so he can move forward with a business scheme. Really nice performance from him.

not Bridget

not Bridget

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:49 PM

I managed to catch BBC Radio's production of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. What a cast! Natalie Dorman played "Dor"--the heroine, I believe. Hear her thoughts here...

(Should have posted this earlier--BBC's radio shows remain online for the world to hear--for a week or so. Hope it goes on sale.)

Edited by not Bridget, Apr 4, 2013 @ 8:51 PM.

Danny Franks

Danny Franks

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 5:42 AM

I managed to catch BBC Radio's production of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. What a cast! Natalie Dorman played "Dor"--the heroine, I believe. Hear her thoughts here...

(Should have posted this earlier--BBC's radio shows remain online for the world to hear--for a week or so. Hope it goes on sale.)

The name is actually "Door", and it makes sense in the context of the story. Neverwhere is one of my favourite novels (even if adapted by Gaiman from his own screenplay), and I've been meaning to get around to listening to this dramatization for a little while now.

I think that it's slated to be released on Audible. Definitely should be worth it, with James McAvoy, Romola Garai, Benedict Cumberbatch and Anthony Head involved.

Conleth Hill (Varys) just popped up on Suits. It was weird seeing Varys in a suit (and with hair).

But how good was he, though? Different enough from Varys that you can see that Conleth is a great actor, but he's still got those cultured, refined manners and that cutting wit. I only became aware of Conleth Hill through Game of Thrones, but he's fast becoming one of my favourite actors in the series.

kieran555

kieran555

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

I only became aware of Conleth Hill through Game of Thrones, but he's fast becoming one of my favourite actors in the series.

Agreed. As both Varys and his role on Suits, he seems able to present a superficial charm and friendliness, even softness, but when he gets serious you totally buy each of those characters has determination, a sharp mind and is not one to cross.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 1:18 AM

Peter Dinklage just did a surprise appearance on Saturday Night Live tonight. During Weekend Update, Bobby Moynihan was doing his Drunk Uncle character, and Peter showed up as Drunk Uncle's Game of Thrones drinking buddy, Peter "Drunklage." I now want to see Peter actually host the show.

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:30 AM

So pleased to see Diana Rigg on GoT. She has credits a mile long, but of course there's her Emma Peel from the Avengers and she once played Mrs. Danvers alongside Charles Dance as Max de Winter on a TV adaptation of Rebecca.

Rhaenys

Rhaenys

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:35 AM

And the actor playing Jojen Reed was the same little kid playing Sam on "Love Actually" (Thomas Sangster).

He was in "The Last Legion" too.

Edited by Rhaenys, Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:37 AM.

Danny Franks

Danny Franks

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:48 AM

Noah Taylor turned up at the end there. I'll always see him as Dick from Almost Famous.

And Paul Kaye, Thoros, will sadly always be Dennis Pennis. I hated that character.

Rhaenys

Rhaenys

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

I have a massive crush on Anguy already.

On topic, Philip McGinley (Anguy) was featured in a minor role in "Prometheus".

Edited by Rhaenys, Apr 8, 2013 @ 11:00 AM.

not Bridget

not Bridget

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 11:39 AM

And the actor playing Jojen Reed was the same little kid playing Sam on "Love Actually" (Thomas Sangster).

He was in "The Last Legion" too.

That's Thomas Brodie-Sangster--sometimes known as Thomas Sangster. He was in Nanny McPhee and the Doctor Who 2-part adventure, "Human Nature"/"Family of Blood"--as the boy who described the Doctor:

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.

Edited by not Bridget, Apr 8, 2013 @ 11:43 AM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

I forgot that Orell (the warg with the Wilderings) was going to be played by Mackenzie Crook, who was Gareth in The Office, and Ragetti in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 3:31 PM

Diana Rigg also had an awesome cameo in the Daniel Radcliffe episode of EXTRAS . . . which was the best episode ever. He's trying to prove to Ricky that he can chat up the ladies.

Edited by hardy har, Apr 8, 2013 @ 3:32 PM.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth) and Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully) are both going to be in this Saturday's (UK airing) episode of Doctor Who, 'Cold War.'

Edited by Pooki, Apr 9, 2013 @ 3:49 PM.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 7:58 PM

The lovely Lady Margaery Tyrell's Natalie Dormer has been casted as Elementary's very own Irene Adler.

Source: http://tvline.com/20...er-irene-adler/

Edited by wildling, Apr 9, 2013 @ 7:59 PM.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

And she starred in the 2005's Casanova as Victoria.

Edited by wildling, Apr 11, 2013 @ 3:12 PM.

Scribbly

Scribbly

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 10:45 AM

It looks like the actor who plays Davos will be a submarine captain on the next episode of Doctor Who.

Danny Franks

Danny Franks

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:34 PM

Just watched the pilot episode of Da Vinci's Demons (which looks horrendously bad, by the way) and saw poor Lommy Greenhands in a supporting role. He's grown up a bit too, but I'd recognise that lack of a chin anywhere.

Also, while this isn't technically cast, I recently read David Benioff's novel, City of Thieves, and I'd highly recommend it. A sort of tongue-in-cheek, 'very loosely based on truth' account of Benioff's grandfather's experiences during the siege of Leningrad in the Second World War.

silent

silent

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

It looks like the actor who plays Davos will be a submarine captain on the next episode of Doctor Who.

Yep, and he was joined by Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully) as his second in command.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 6:05 PM

I had the feeling he looked familiar and lo and behold: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was playing Sykes in "Oblivion", starring Tom Cruise.

Edited by wildling, Apr 13, 2013 @ 6:09 PM.