Braxton Family Values

• Please log in to reply

2182 replies to this topic

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 6:35 PM

Vince needs to drop the weight because minus the super big lips, he is not a bad looking guy. That sweater he had on at his "appreciation" party was horrendous. You would think Tamar would be on him to shed some weight and get healthy.

And ruin the milk cow (pun intended) she has now? No way, no how would she risk that.

I kinda lost a little love for Mama Braxton last night. CrimsonTide4, you hit the nail on the head when you said that she is Tamar, then and now. Sad, but true. She, too, had a driver last night (Toni) and neither of them are financially stable, so I hope she was correct in her assumption about the 'snowflake', cause his kid could have driven him there as well (especially since he seems to be a drinker).

No Mama B didn't come off well at all. I was getting tired of her calling "her date" Snowflake over and over again. He's white, we get it. And I totally was thinking he had his kid drop him off and was cleverly calling the kid his driver.

Back To Tamar...

And hell no at that "photographer". What was Tamar thinking?! Ol' "www.pervert.net/To_Catch_A_Predator.jpg" ass

That photographer was totally giving off the "I can't wait to see those boobies.perv.net" vibes. But Tamar is too into showing off to even care about that.

I was suffering from BFV withdrawal since the eppy's are no longer available online so I went ahead and downloaded the last two episodes. The situations are totally contrived but I can't seem to crave my Braxton fix. As much as Tamar annoys, she is funny. Plus I enjoy when they sing together. I may wind up donwloading the rest of the season to relive all the crazy again and again.

Edited by Meedis, Jun 1, 2011 @ 6:43 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 9:29 PM

I was suffering from BFV withdrawal since the eppy's are no longer available online

The last two are back on Youtube. For the time being.

I was getting tired of her calling "her date" Snowflake over and over again. He's white, we get it.

That started to bother me after a while, too.

I can't get over Tamar at the dancing studio. "Now push! Get my moment in..."

On the reair, I definitely see the Rachel Dratch-ness in the one instructor.

Edited by prmami, Jun 1, 2011 @ 9:42 PM.

Artemis Lexea

Artemis Lexea

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 10:12 PM

And I totally was thinking he had his kid drop him off and was cleverly calling the kid his driver.

I can't remember, but did he even actually say driver? I thought he said something about, "Oh, I'll just call someone to pick me up..." I just assumed he was talking about a cab or something. I need to watch that part again.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 11:01 PM

I didn't like Mama Braxton calling her date "Snowflake", either--I mean the man has a name, for crying out loud. As far his "ride", I assumed someone, maybe a friend or family member dropped him off; it never occurred to me that he had major bank--then again, if he was talking about staying at the Biltmore Inn, he'll be putting out some money, because those rooms are SUPER expensive.

I had to giggle when he suggested that he and Mama Braxton go on and overnight trip, though. Too cute!

OMG at Tamar's portrait. It looked like one of those calendar photos I see at a gas station/mechanic shop--or Jet Magazine's Beauty of the Week on pg 42. Hot mess, hot mess.

Edited by sereion, Jun 1, 2011 @ 11:02 PM.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 5:47 PM

I can't stand the way Tamar talks in the talking head parts. She's got this bouncy, ditzy, snotty thing going on. Trina does it to a certain extent.

I missed the beginning of the argument between Traci and Tamar. Suffice it to say, I'd probably pop-off at Tamar because I would just be bracing myself for the stupid stuff that comes out of her mouth.

I have to wonder why this is a show if the only thing going on is buying a birthday gift for their mommy. (Them calling her that at their age just gets to me for some reason. Maybe it's the way they say it. Dunno.) First, it's your mom's 60th birthday so you'd think they would plan ahead. Second, don't send certain people to buy gifts if you don't trust them. There are people that wouldn't mind getting things for their pets as gifts because they so love their pets. Even so, not on the person's 60th birthday. Evelyn seemed to take it in stride, which is more than I can say for Tamar. What Traci said to her makes sense ('Mommy has everything'). They should've played that up instead of 'Traci and Trina are dumb'.

That was the worse Luau performance I've ever seen. I live in HI and have been to - I don't even know - so I know what I'm talking about. The performers didn't even look like they are from HI and similar islands like Tahiti, Samoa, etc... Mr. Nice and I cracked up so hard when we saw the 'luau.'

I don't see why Toni needs to buy a house especially if she's not going to sell or rent out her house in ATL. I don't see why she needs such a big house for her and 2 kids. Loved the second house she looked at though. LOVED!

I'm not a big fan of Evelyn either. Not after she was all, "Tamar's rules don't apply to me." I know that if I had tried some stuff like that with my family, my mom would've told me, "You know you wrong."

That date was painful to watch. I actually said to Mr. Nice, "Don't die. I don't want to have to date at that age."

Tamar and her appreciation dinner? Ugh. First, she's not doing it because she geniunely appreciates him for being a good guy. She appreciates the fact that he could work on an album for her. She can't make her a star since he's no magician. Second, why she showed that picture off in front of everybody is beyond me. I said to the TV, "There are kids around." I didn't see that whole part of the show but I'm not surprised that Vincent wasn't impressed. Or why they had to wait for Toni.

Word on Vincent needing to work it out! I was watching him sitting there and it was not a goodlook.com. I can't believe that a woman like Tamar is geniunely interested in a guy that looks like that. Can't see it.

Toni doing Playboy? Would anybody really care? Good on her whichever way she decides to go. Tamar was wrong for taking Toni there since it's not the same thing as far as comfort level and whatnot.

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Tamar's just jealous that Playboy ain't checking for her. That's it, that's all.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 9:51 PM

This is supposedly Tamar ..... isn't she classy? *Sorry if this was posted before; this is my first time in this thread*

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

That's not Tamar. As her sisters said, Tamar doesn't know about being darker--and the girl in the pic is darker than I've ever seen Tamar.

Edited by IvyDarling, Jun 5, 2011 @ 10:10 PM.

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

Nah...that's not Tamar. That girls body is way better than Tamar's....slutty clothes not withstanding.

cue da music

cue da music

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 9:35 AM

I agree. That is not Tamar. Whoever she is, she could probably get a record deal out of Vince quicker than Tamar - the body is bangin'.

As for the nude art model: I found it rather interesting that Tamar found the nude male model to be so disgusting.com. He probably doesn't look much different without clothes than Vince does. Assuming she has seen Vince naked (blechh!)

Edited by cue da music, Jun 7, 2011 @ 10:04 AM.

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 2:07 PM

As for the nude art model: I found it rather interesting that Tamar found the nude male model to be so disgusting.com. He probably doesn't look much different without clothes than Vince does. Assuming she has seen Vince naked (blechh!)

Chalk another point to the "Tamar married Vince for the cheddar" argument. As Tamar sang "money can't buy me love but it sure nuff pays_the_bills.com"

Edited by Meedis, Jun 7, 2011 @ 2:10 PM.

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 2:15 PM

Ha! I never even thought about that. What you said istootrue.com.

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 9:18 PM

I had to give Ev (Mama Braxton) more stank eye tonight when she said that she hadn't seen Kevin Jr. (her grandson) in a year. WTF?!!?!? This is your flesh and blood grandchild, potentially your oldest grandchild and you have not laid eyes on him in 365 days.

Daddy didn't come to Trina's wedding. I get that he was upset that she didn't invite his new wife, but seeing as how new wife was the one he cheated with for 9 years and married within 30 days of the divorce being finalized? I'm on Trina's side.

Next week is going to be intense! I wish we could have that ep right now!

Darlin

Darlin

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 9:22 PM

This was the first episode where Tamar didn't get on my nerves. I can't believe their father chose not to come to his daughter's wedding! And missing out on brunch and not calling anyone to say he's not coming after saying he would? Foul.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 9:38 PM

I had to give Ev (Mama Braxton) more stank eye tonight when she said that she hadn't seen Kevin Jr. (her grandson) in a year. WTF?!!?!? This is your flesh and blood grandchild, potentially your oldest grandchild and you have not laid eyes on him in 365 days.

I don't. There are many grandparents who only see their grandchi,dren once a year because they don't live near each other. Often when I was younger, I'd pretty much just see my grandmother once a year after she moved back down south. It happens. Evelyn's situation is even more different---there's lots of strife in Maryland. Plus, I get the feeling that Traci's husband may.not be too keen on Kevin Jr. spending a lot of time in Atlanta.

Michael Sr. is trifling as hell. It's bad enough that Hejaz an affair for 9 years and destroyed his family and took advantage of his congregation, ut now he wouldn't even go see his kids! Trife! My father did this to my mom (complete with outside kids) but he never would have played me the way Michael p,Ayer his children tonight.

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 9:54 PM

I don't. There are many grandparents who only see their grandchi,dren once a year because they don't live near each other. Often when I was younger, I'd pretty much just see my grandmother once a year after she moved back down south. It happens. Evelyn's situation is even more different---there's lots of strife in Maryland. Plus, I get the feeling that Traci's husband may.not be too keen on Kevin Jr. spending a lot of time in Atlanta.

I get that about distance, but with this case, I would think more effort would be made especially with Kevin Jr having juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I even thought he was at Evelyn's birthday party. I definitely feel that Kevin Sr. plays a part in his wife and son being isolated from her side of the family. I didn't sense joy in that household. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Kevin Sr. abuses Traci physically.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

I even thought he was at Evelyn's birthday party

I'm not sure, but remember that reality shows are often pieced together so the timeline may be wonky. I've already caught things here and there on this show--not suspect things, but the editing could be better.

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Jerry's! I haven't been since February. And yes Toni, the crab bomb is well...the bomb. I'm loving Ms. Evelyn even more. It takes a big person to sit at the same table with a person who betrayed you for the sake of your children. I don't think I could have done it. Can't believe Rev. Braxton wouldn't let his kids watch Soul Train, but he was sleeping with another woman for nearly 10 years.

I'm kind of in love with Mikey. A man of few words, only seems to speak his opinion when asked, but the words he says are always on point. I liked what he said to Toni about Playboy. What does Playboy have to do with feeling healthy and sexy?
I do hope Toni gets over her D/M/V hatred and gets her ass on stage at Constitution Hall or something some time soon. This area gave her a lot of support when she started out. I thought that Chanel scarf she was wearing was a towel at first.
I was disappointed in Trina. I volunteer a lot in shelters and soup kitchens of my own free non-court-ordered will, so I didn't appreciate her stank attitude about being there. You never know when you'll end up on the receiving end of that food Trina.

Edited by charmed1, Jun 7, 2011 @ 10:07 PM.

America

America

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

Daddy didn't come to Trina's wedding. I get that he was upset that she didn't invite his new wife, but seeing as how new wife was the one he cheated with for 9 years and married within 30 days of the divorce being finalized? I'm on Trina's side.

Next week is going to be intense! I wish we could have that ep right now!

Yeah, how dare him expect them to welcome her with open arms, I suspect that his wife not being invited to the Brunch is the reason why he didn't show. If he doesn't have a good reason for not showing, answering his texts and calling, I hope they serve him up royally next week. Gold tooth and an earring, old a$$.

Sleepwalker12

Sleepwalker12

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 12:47 AM

So, who's gonna fly to ATL with me to confiscate Tamar's blush. That was too much!

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 7:22 AM

So, who's gonna fly to ATL with me to confiscate Tamar's blush. That was too much!

So was Toni's. It dang near touched her ears.

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 2:11 PM

It was very intense watching these grown women regress into little girls right before our eyes because of their parents divorce. I really felt bad for all of them, especially Tamar and Toni. I think because they are the youngest and oldest it seems to have hit them the hardest.

Toni explained the problem without realizing it. They were together since Junior High...got married at 18 and started having children immediately. They never had lives. I guess Ev dealt with it better than the father but yes Toni, he is going thru a mid life crisis. He never was able to be a young teenager/adult and he rebelled. Doesn't make it right but I think that's what happened. Also, as I've said in an earlier post, I have a feeling Mama Braxton is not the easiest person to get along with and he probably was unhappy for a very long time. If that clip is any indication, she can be a mean person with the nasty mouth. Remember when Gabe said to the girls at the table "y'all know how you Braxton women can be, always cutting your man down." Seems like that was learned from Mom. I would bet the new wife is more calm and understanding and caring than Ev was.

All that being said, it was really foul for him not to go to his daughter's wedding (wtf???) because your new wife couldn't come and it was horrible for him to stand them up like that at dinner. I don't know how he could do that to all of his kids. Unless he didn't want to see Ev (I bet that's it) and even that is no excuse not to pick up the phone. He seems to want to almost forget he had another life before he remarried. Sad.

Edited by ferrisave, Jun 8, 2011 @ 2:14 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 2:59 PM

I just caught the first two parts on Youtube, waiting for part 3 to load.

This didn't surprise me. I've always seen it as more of the parents' "responsibility" to gather up the kids and take them to see their grandparents, even if they're far away. At least that's been my experience. I can understand how one would think she should see him more due to his R.A., though.

I'm not sure, but remember that reality shows are often pieced together so the timeline may be wonky.

On this most recent episode when they're at the table discussing going to Maryland, I'm pretty sure that same scene was from last week's "I'm Toni Braxton, bitch!" re: Playboy.

Looking at those two old family photos, Trina has definitely come a long way. I have to say that she's the most attractive (and natural looking) of the sisters when she lays off the dranky drank. I don't know how Mikey did it growing up because that is way too much estrogen for one household.

Traci's house looks like my auntie's old home. I thought maybe they were in Baltimore County (due to the caption), but they're actually in the Waldorf, Maryland area which is an hour or so south of Baltimore, closer to DC. Shoutout to the Old Bay seasoning on the table at Jerry's, though. LOL

Edited by prmami, Jun 8, 2011 @ 3:18 PM.

cue da music

cue da music

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 3:21 PM

I just caught the first two parts on Youtube, waiting for part 3 to load.

Do you have the link to parts 1 and/or 2? Thanks!

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 3:53 PM

You can catch the eppy's here.

cue da music

cue da music

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 4:22 PM

You can catch the eppy's here.

Thanks so much Meedis!

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

Did anyone else notice Tamar had on her ratty, long, curly wig at the photo studio but the picture she had a straight wig with a bang???? Does she carry around a spare mop to sit on her head? That to me proved the scene was a total setup.

Momma Ev was killing me with the use of snowflake. Tracy's husband is not feeling the sisters. Tamar and Toni looked liked clowns with all that blush. They all need makeup lessons!! The wigs and makeup on the show always look a mess. The woman at their old house needed to take it down. It wasn't that serious.

Edited by 80sBaby, Jun 8, 2011 @ 6:43 PM.

cue da music

cue da music

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 8:03 PM

I'm kind of in love with Mikey. A man of few words, only seems to speak his opinion when asked, but the words he says are always on point.

Ditto on Mikey as the Voice of Reason.

With so many girls in the house he probably didn't get many words in so he had to make each one count. All the girls seem to value his opinion. Even Tamar seems to listen to him as he explained why it wasn't a good idea for their Mom and Dad to have dinner with the whole family.

Edited by cue da music, Jun 8, 2011 @ 8:03 PM.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 10:00 PM

Trina annoyed me when she turned her nose at serving food at the soup kitchen--talking about she didn't belong there; girlfriend, you didn't belong behind the wheel when you were sloshed, either.

Last night was not the Rev Papa Braxton's finest moment, and he wasn't even on camera. If he wanted to avoid conflict with Evelyn, there was no reason why he couldn't call and cancel plans. None. I have no words.

...and to skip out on your own daugther's wedding? And he's a [i]minister?[i/]

On a lighter note, I'm sure the police thought the new owner of the Braxton home was nutty when she signled out Toni. I sure would have...

fishandgrits

fishandgrits

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2011 @ 2:42 PM

The latest episode was pretty sad. I wish that daddy Braxton would have at least called.

On a side note: does he have kids with his current wife?

Edited by fishandgrits, Jun 9, 2011 @ 2:42 PM.