Braxton Family Values

• Please log in to reply

2182 replies to this topic

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

Towanda must need the work and Trina must too if she is getting divorced. Gabe isn't going to help her financially as much now that they have split up. I am not believing that she is divorced though until she says it.

Of course, the "big announcement" about getting new backup singers could have been a ploy on Toni's part. She may be crafty enough to tell her sisters that she was going to get new backups in the hopes that they would be scared into being more cooperative and less mouthy.

And I agree with you Bibi - they both need the money. Towanda has a house and no one to help her pay for it - Andre is no help in that regard. Trina has two kids from a previous relationship, but Gabe is the only father they have ever known, so leaving could be emotionally complicated. Plus, I'm not sure that Gabe is financially responsible for Trina's kids if they split up, so I'm not totally convinced that she is going to walk.

Edited by getawayjordan, Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:06 PM.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

Trina has two kids from a previous relationship, but Gabe is the only father they have ever known, so leaving could be emotionally complicated. Plus, I'm not sure that Gabe is financially responsible for Trina's kids if they split up, so I'm not totally convinced that she is going to walk

Unless Gabe adopted them which I doubt. You're right. He doesn't have any responsibility towards her sons. He will probably have to pay Trina alimony. I still will not believe they are divorcing until she says they are divorced. The Braxton women and their men. They're a piece of work for sure. One stays with her man because of the kids even though he doesn't support them. Another stays with hers because of the money. Toni stays with hers because of the kids but also because she also wants to get her back cracked every now and then. Whatever happened to the caucasian man she was dating. You don't hear anything about that lately. My guess is that its either a publicity stunt or its didn't work out.

I'm surprised that no one even commented on the sister's excuse for not going to Trina's graduation party. They "claimed" that it was because they weren't invited but who needs an invitation from their sister to go to a party. My sister would have been on the phone to ask how soon I could get to town to help her celebrate. Mama Ev knew about it. Papa Braxton knew about it and so did Towanda. You mean to tell me that out of those three family members no one could have told the rest of them about Trina's graduation or her party afterwards? True Trina could have called and reminded them of the party but I would think that out of thre three who knew one of them could have reminded Toni, Tamar, and Traci. Towanda didn't need to be the secret squirrel for that. Was Toni still recovering from her hysterectomy? She would be one of the only ones with an excuse. The editing has been so bad I'm confused about what happened when.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

I was watching Shrek last night and was reminded of the comments regarding Eddie Murphy and Toni dating. The only thing I could think of while watching the movie was how awesome Tamar would be to play Eddie Murphy's part as the donkey if there was another Shrek sequel. If you watch the movie, picture Tamar playing that part. = )

For someone whose prime has long passed, Toni sure acts like a diva!

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

The Eddie and Toni rumors have all stopped now but I wouldn't put it past her to let it all die down and then all of a sudden be "out with Eddie" on a date. I'm not buying the just friends bit, though he doesn't seem to be her type. Why she would want to get hooked up with him is beyond me but its her life. I still think she and Keri are going to find their way back to each other and get it right. They obviously still have feelings for each other. Its clear whenever you see him with her when they show them together on the show. On the episode where she was in Utah at the Sundance Festival, they walked into the hotel together holding hands. They looked like a married couple to me.

Toni's prime has passed but she is still getting herself out there. She does act like a diva though.

By the way ButterQueen I love your nickname. You're obviously a Golden Girls fan. I loved Rose in that episode. "I lost Butter Queen. Haven't I suffered enough?"

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

I'm surprised that no one even commented on the sister's excuse for not going to Trina's graduation party. They "claimed" that it was because they weren't invited but who needs an invitation from their sister to go to a party. Papa Braxton knew about it and so did Towanda. You mean to tell me that out of those three family members no one could have told the rest of them about Trina's graduation or her party afterwards? True Trina could have called and reminded them of the party but I would think that out of the three who knew one of them could have reminded Toni, Tamar, and Traci.

Except for the possible excuse of Toni's hysterectomy, the others had no excuse for snubbing Trina on her graduation. Everyone who WANTED to be there, was there. Mama Ev was there. Papa Braxton was there. Gabe was there. Even Andre showed up with the kids. But not one of the sisters showed up to the ceremony. Towanda managed to attend the afterparty - probably for the free refreshments, but she was there.

The Braxton sisters have a disturbing habit of not supporting each other when it really counts.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

By the way ButterQueen I love your nickname. You're obviously a Golden Girls fan. I loved Rose in that episode. "I lost Butter Queen. Haven't I suffered enough?"

Why thank you~~!! I love the Golden Girls.

BTW, why do the girls have to support Mommy Braxton at all? I liked her in the first season, but she has just come across as plain mean this season. And really....telling your adult daughter who supports you (Tamar) that you will smack the piss out of her is way out of line. I don't control my adult children's behavior any longer. And if I would disagree with them, and feel like I really needed to say something, it would be with the same respect that I expect as their Mom.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

O/T: I like this new +1 button.

I'm in agreement with the others who think Evelyn is a bit shrewish. If there's one thing that sticks in my craw it's older people who think that just because they're older that they can be pissy and speak to you any kind of way. I guess it's different when it's your mom but I've never had my mom just go in and go on the way Evelyn does. That scene a couple episodes with Doc really bugged the hell out of me. After seeing the full episode of the Dr. Phil show and the way she responded to the questions, like the one about all men cheating (except Obama) it's no surprise why her daughters have the approaches to men that they have.

Tamar will be on Bravo's Watch What Happens: Live tonight at 11PM EST.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

Mama Ev does have a mean side. I remember my mouth dropped last season when her mom told off the waiter when she was having lunch with Trina, Tamar, and Traci. She doesn't seem like the type of person you cross on a bad day. I agree she didn't treat Doc too well a couple of episodes ago. He's well rid of her too.

I think the sisters, well at least Toni and Tamar, support Mama Ev because they feel sorry that their daddy left their mom supposedly without anything. At least Toni made that comment a couple of times last season. So maybe that is why they feel obligated. I know my mom would never ask me or any of my siblings to support her. We'd offer but she wouldn't take it. Ev does give off the air that she feels she is entitled since she is Toni Braxton's mom.

The Braxton sisters have a disturbing habit of not supporting each other when it really counts.

They do have a hard stepping up for each other when it comes to push and shove starting with not getting it together enough to sing a tribute to Toni. They mean well but for some reason they have trouble carrying it

Except for the possible excuse of Toni's hysterectomy, the others had no excuse for snubbing Trina on her graduation. Everyone who WANTED to be there, was there. Mama Ev was there. Papa Braxton was there. Gabe was there. Even Andre showed up with the kids. But not one of the sisters showed up to the ceremony

I think they knew they were wrong because they kept putting it back on Trina like it was her fault. Mama Ev set them all right by saying that family doesn't need an invitation. I would be hurt too if I was Trina. Her sisters mean so much to her that their not attending her graduation and party really hurt her. I think Toni knew they were wrong because she even mentioned at Tamar's house that they need to go to Trina's performance to make it up to her for not going to her graduation.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 1:03 AM

Toni has been on "The Revolution"(ABC: 2pm EST) as a guest host all week. Today (Thursday) is her last day and she will be on with her sisters.

Her (Trina's) sisters mean so much to her that their not attending her graduation and party really hurt her. I think Toni knew they were wrong because she even mentioned at Tamar's house that they need to go to Trina's performance to make it up to her for not going to her graduation.

It was nice to see all the sisters at Trina's show. The group hug was cute with Toni standing on a chair to join the hug. LOL.

Edited by getawayjordan, Mar 29, 2012 @ 1:05 AM.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Trina has relaunched her website:

http://www.trinabraxton.com/

She links to an (old) interview I haven't read before:

http://www.tammytalk...-interview.html

Re: Trina's kids:

Your sons weren’t really present on the show compared to your nephews and niece, was this intentional on your part to shield them from the public?
Well yes and no, my kids really did not want to be filmed much because they are very private boys, and honestly with me dealing with battling alcoholism I had to be very precautious because now a days kids are cruel so I had to set in and focus on them first, and also they said for every episode they were in I had to pay them each $100.

Edited by tommie, Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:06 PM.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

Wow, so Trina was worried about kids being cruel regarding her alcoholism but had no problem dropping the "I happily sucked off Christian and I loved it!!" bomb. Trina Braxton have a seat and stay there.

AndieMatt

AndieMatt

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

Toni has been on "The Revolution"(ABC: 2pm EST) as a guest host all week. Today (Thursday) is her last day and she will be on with her sisters.

I happened to catch it today and Toni was rocking a curly short do. It looked way better than those horrible Halloween store wigs she's been sporting on the show this season. The show had some segments featuring all of the sisters and Traci had clearly dropped some weight.

Tim Gunn also asked Tamar whether it was true that she was getting a spin-off. I was hoping against hope that she'd say no but I was disappointed.

Wow, so Trina was worried about kids being cruel regarding her alcoholism but had no problem dropping the "I happily sucked off Christian and I loved it!!" bomb. Trina Braxton have a seat and stay there.

Trina mentioned her problems with alcohol on BFV and Gabe's infidelity but nothing about the Christian beeje. Talk about being what one of my grans used to call "wrong and strong"!

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Wow, so Trina was worried about kids being cruel regarding her alcoholism but had no problem dropping the "I happily sucked off Christian and I loved it!!" bomb. Trina Braxton have a seat and stay there

I know, right?? I'd think that the oral transaction would be a lot worse thing for her sons to be kidded about... She lost my respect this season when she shared that info. She was my favorite next to Toni. why didn't someone tell her that wasn't appropriate for TV like one of her sisters. If Toni and Tamar are producing the show couldn't they have asked Trina if she wanted to edit it out?

damalanop

damalanop

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

I'm surprised Trina actually used the word "alcoholism" with regard to her drinking. While she and the rest of the family talked about her drinking, it didn't seem like they took it that seriously. At least she is admitting there is a problem, which is a good start.

I haven't watched much of this show in the last several weeks, though I'll probably watch the reunion tonight. I just couldn't take any more of Tamar's antics.

onimos

onimos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

It's exHAUSTING your options, Towanda, exHAUSTING!

ExASPERATING is what you are doing to me by misusing that word.

That said, Towanda might be the most beautiful Braxton next to Toni. She is STUNNING. Or Stunting as she would say.

damalanop

damalanop

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

onimos, I +1'd you! Not only did Towanda use the word "exasperating" in the wrong context, she did it multiple times!!! I was hoping Wendy would correct her, but no dice on that.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Some shockers in this show tonight. Toni isn't doing Season 3 and she and Keri are divorced.

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 11:55 PM

Tamar claimed she's not like that in real life but it was so annoying watching her constantly call attention to herself with all her whooping and hollering and physical tics.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

Tamar claimed she's not like that in real life but it was so annoying watching her constantly call attention to herself with all her whooping and hollering and physical tics.

I think she is like that because they wouldn't call her Tay Monster if she wasn't.All the hooting and hollering is too natural for it to be made up. Maybe its not as over the top but I do believe that some of the act is real.

juniebaby

juniebaby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

I found the reunion kind of boring. Mama Ev still holier art thou, Toni still aloof & Tamar always needing the attention to be on her. Also, did anyone else think Trina had a few drinks before the show? When she was explaining her transaction, she seemed off to me, like she was on something or had drank beforehand. I personally was shocked that Tamar won the favorite again, my favorite is definitely Traci, what you see is what you get with her.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

I agree that it was kind of boring. It was a lot better last season. I also can't figure out how Tamar won the favorite Braxton again. I would have loved to have seen someone else win. I knew Toni would either not be in Season 3 or on a limited basis. I could kind of see this coming when shows went by and she wasn't on or was on a very limited amount of time. She really didn't want to be on the show at all from the beginning but did it for her sisters since they wanted to. They've gotten the exposure now so Toni is bowing out. She seems to be very busy with the new album due out in May. She keeps hinting at working with L.A. Reid again but she says she can't say anything because papers haven't been signed yet. Makes me think she will be judging X Factor. So I can see where BFV isn't on her list of priorities these days.One thing that blew me out of the water was Toni saying she was divorced. I remember reading where she would never divorce Keri. Makes me wonder if there is a man in her life now and getting divorced opened the door for a more serious relationship. Maybe there is merit to the Eddie Murphy rumor?

von1974

von1974

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

I thought that Trina had a had little drinky drink before the show. She seemed a little off-balance. But, she might have been surprised that someone finally called her on her crap about Gabe. I was so proud of Wendy for saying what I've been thinking. For the past two seasons Trina has been making it seem like Gabe has been screwing everything with a vagina when in reality she's the cheater. I'm not saying that cybersex isn't cheating but it's not on the same level as actual cheating. You can't get a disease from cybersex. Not to mention, Gabe was afraid that she was cheating with someone in the band and it turned out that he was right.

coffeeplease

coffeeplease

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

Yea, that was a very boring reunion. And, yes, I immediately noticed Trina seemed to have had a few, she was all over the place. While I can see why people would think Towanda was pretty, I find her very unattractive...there is something about her that really bothers me and I don't know what it is but I think I like her the least of all of them.

I cracked up when Toni answered the question about what's more important to be in love or have security $$) and she answered that it was better to be with someobdy with money because you could always "grow to love that person" or whatever she said. Is she for freaking real?? I was waiting for them to pan to Tamar right then. I noticed that all of them were nodding their heads, like "good answer".

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

I totally believe that Toni feels like that. I think she is very materialistic and wants to live like she did when she was at the top of her game. She is making a comeback but I doubt that she will be at the level she once was financially. So I can see her wanting to marry rich this time. Plus they all see how good Tamar has it and wants for nothing and they all want that too. None of the Braxton women married well except for Tamar. Keri never made the caliber of money Toni did, Gabe can't compete with Vincent and we all know that Andre doesn't work but writes self help books and mooches off of the Braxtons. So I can definitely see them wanting more. I know I have read that Toni can come off as a snob at times and that she is very impressed with people who have money.

I agree about Towanda. I can't "warm up" to her either. There's something fake about her that I can't put my finger on. I think she is pretty at times but other times she's not. The prettiest one next to Toni is Trina in my opinion. I think Tamar would be beautiful if she laid off of the plastic surgery and the hot pink lips and the fake lashes. She wears WAY too much makeup.

I know Toni is performing in Dubai this weekend. You can bet now that she is divorced she will be out there looking for that sugar daddy lol.

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Though I'm sad to hear that Toni won't be back for Season 3, I'm glad that they've renewed this show. This show is my go-to hot mess on Thursday nights and I'd hate to see it leave far too soon.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

I cracked up when Toni answered the question about what's more important to be in love or have security $$) and she answered that it was better to be with someobdy with money because you could always "grow to love that person" or whatever she said. Is she for freaking real?? I was waiting for them to pan to Tamar right then. I noticed that all of them were nodding their heads, like "good answer".

And that's why they all have messed up marriages. Most of them seem to have no clue how to have a successful relationship based on values and love. I find Toni's materialism disgusting, I really do. You would have thought with two bankruptcy filings under her belt that she would get that money isn't everything and that it's the intangible that matters. She reminds me of LisaRaye in that sense, and that is not a compliment.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

Personally, I tuned in to watch Toni Braxton so if she's not on the show then I won't be watching as regularly as I did this season and last. I wonder if season 3 is contingent on Toni appearing. Season 3 was never confirmed definitely on the show. In fact Wendy only mentioned Tamar and Vince's show at the end of the reunion show and didn't say see you next season like she did last time. Makes me think BFV is still up in the air and doing it depends on if Toni does it or not. I think Trina, Towanda, and Traci are fun but I can't see them carrying a whole show. Tamar could but I can't only take her in small doses. I think the show did well even when Toni wasn't on but some people still tuned in to see Toni. TBH I think that this should have been the last season. I'm sure they are all ready to do other things. I think BFV has come full circle. Trina settled her marital problems, Tamar has her album coming out remember she was whining about that all last season and now thats happening.

And that's why they all have messed up marriages. Most of them seem to have no clue how to have a successful relationship based on values and love. I find Toni's materialism disgusting, I really do. You would have thought with two bankruptcy filings under her belt that she would get that money isn't everything and that it's the intangible that matters. She reminds me of LisaRaye in that sense, and that is not a compliment

I think the bankruptcy has made her more materialistic. I know I have read that she is very impressed with money and I can honestly see her going hunting for a sugar daddy. I think they are all also jealous of Tamar for having everything she wants and they want to live that way too. I wish they'd get that money doesn't matter as long as you have enough to put food on the table, clothes on your back and a roof over your head and money for extras.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

I'm not surprised at Toni not doing season 3 at all - the show was first pitched years before it got picked up as centering around Tamar, Towanda, Traci and Trina. No network wanted to pick it up sans Toni, hence her doing it. As I see it, she did it as a way to secure her sisters' financial future and now that it's a bonafide hit she probably feels no obligation to do it anymore.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

I thought her excuse about privacy a little weak. I know that's not the reason she doesn't want to do S3. Like Tommie said she really didn't want to do S1 but got talked into it. I can see now where her sisters are more financially set she is backing away. Isn't this what she was talking about all season that she wanted to break away and do things on her own? I think not doing S3 makes sense then. I still will not be watching much because I mostly watched because of Toni.

I just wonder if Toni is not on S3 the show will go down in ratings.. Thats a possibility because some people tune in to see Toni on the show.

Edited by BiBicat, Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:42 PM.

coffeeplease

coffeeplease

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

The prettiest one next to Toni is Trina in my opinion.

I agree. I think both Toni and Trina are gorgeous.

And that's why they all have messed up marriages. Most of them seem to have no clue how to have a successful relationship based on values and love. I find Toni's materialism disgusting, I really do. You would have thought with two bankruptcy filings under her belt that she would get that money isn't everything and that it's the intangible that matters.

I totally agree. I believe I saw Mama B appreciating that comment as well, so I'm sure that attitude doesn't fall far from the tree.