Braxton Family Values

• Please log in to reply

2182 replies to this topic

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

I get why Evelyn - being in her mid-60s - doesn't want to get remarried. She was married for what? 30 odd years? And was screwed over big time. That said, she should just have the guts to properly dump "Doc" instead of kinda-but-not-really stringing him along.

I feel bad for Doc, but he dodged a bullet in the long run. Evelyn doesn't seem to be over the pain of her last marriage, and needs a lot of therapy before committing to another one. And please get a real therapist this time - not Dr Sherrie. She is too busy telling Evelyn what she wants to hear.

Oh Lord at Gabe's speech. All he needed to say was something along the lines "I know I've said some inappropriate things about you in the past and I apologize and realize I was way out of line". He didn't need to humiliate Trina further by going into details!

OMG! That was just plain embarrassing. What was Gabe thinking? The apology speech was horrible, and the cue cards made it that much worse. I'm sure he meant well, but the whole thing looked so contrived. He would have been much more believable if he had spoken from the heart.

That said, why is Trina getting a pass on what she did? She gave a guy oral sex and admitted to it on camera. Maybe she should offer up an apology as well. Isn't she just as guilty as Gabe?

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

[quote]OMG! That was just plain embarrassing. What was Gabe thinking? The apology speech was horrible, and the cue cards made it that much worse. I'm sure he meant well, but the whole thing looked so contrived. He would have been much more believable if he had spoken from the heart.That said, why is Trina getting a pass on what she did? She gave a guy oral sex and admitted to it on camera. Maybe she should offer up an apology as well. Isn't she just as guilty as Gabe?[quote]

Though I felt sorry for Trina during the "apology" I agree I kept thinking you had an oral transaction and you're coming across as the long suffering saint. Trina is just as wrong as Gabe. That is why they need to just call it done and move on. Neither one can trust the other and to me if thats gone there is no marriage. I am not sure why she is holding on to him. He's not the father of her children but she's hanging onto him for some reason. I can't believe it would be because she loves him. She needs more self esteem than that if she loves someone who treats her like that. The Braxton women definitely have problems with men. Look at all of them except Tamar. Bad marriages, husbands who live off of them, husbands who have affairs. Toni still "married" because she can't let Keri go but claims herself as "single". Its a mess. Mama Ev did the smartest thing by cancelling the wedding. Maybe it was also her way of saying I have to stop the cycle of bad marriages somehow so I'm not getting married. I also think Doc dodged a bullet. He may be sad now but I can see a lot of problems in that marriage if they had gone through with it.

Yes the apology from Gabe was extremely awkward and cue cards? Just. No. I can see where some of them felt that he wasn't sincere about his apology. Did you notice Toni though? The more he talked the faster she ate? She wasn't buying any of his crap. I was surprised that Tamar thanked him for his apology at the end after what she was saying in her talking head moment.

Edited by BiBicat, Mar 17, 2012 @ 12:57 PM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

I am not sure why she is holding on to him. He's not the father of her children but she's hanging onto him for some reason.

$$$

He has been the financial provider for her and her sons for a while. After this show is a wrap, she'll still need him.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

Good point. I forgot about that. She can't make ends meet doing concerts and singing back up for Toni. But she did go to college and recently graduated and she could use those skills to find a job which is something that they don't seem to understand except for Toni.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

I was surprised that Tamar thanked him for his apology at the end after what she was saying in her talking head moment.

I think she was (for once) just trying to defuse the situation - Trina was crying and was generally upset so she probably felt that it was enough.

Easyspreestep

Easyspreestep

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

When Tamar tried to tell Traci that a salon was hard work she would not listen. That is what the internship at the salon was for, so Traci could see it was more than just doing hair. Who wants to open a salon and does not check out the competitor in the same area. Maybe if she would have finished the internship or listened to Tamar she would not look like a damn fool

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

Did you notice Toni though? The more he talked the faster she ate? She wasn't buying any of his crap. I was surprised that Tamar thanked him for his apology at the end after what she was saying in her talking head moment.

Toni mentioned in her TH session that she would just keep her mouth shut and let Gabe talk. That didn't really surprise me, as Toni tends to be very calm and discreet in situations like that. However, I agree with you Bibi about Tamar's reaction. I was pleasantly surprised at how calm she was during Gabe's speech. I fully expected her to call him out on his BS and create a scene, but she allowed Gabe to speak for the most part and (by Tamar standards) said very little. At one point I thought Tamar was going to walk out, but she just walked over to Trina's side of the table to comfort her. Another pleasant surprise? Maybe. IMO that was just evidence of the fact that Tamar really does have a kinder, gentler side, and most of her tirades are probably contrived for the camera.

When Tamar tried to tell Traci that a salon was hard work she would not listen. That is what the internship at the salon was for, so Traci could see it was more than just doing hair. Who wants to open a salon and does not check out the competitor in the same area. Maybe if she would have finished the internship or listened to Tamar she would not look like a damn fool

Tamar's advice may have made sense, but she needs to work on her approach. Most of the time it seems that she barks orders and dispenses advice that no one wants, so I'm not surprised by Traci's reaction. As a middle child, Traci believes that her sisters treat her like an outsider and don't support anything she tries to do anyway. Tamar's "advice", however well intentioned, was, in Traci's mind, just one more example of how they marginalize her. Constructive comments are fine, but Traci is in an emotionally fragile state, and needs to be handled with care. It would be nice to see them show Traci the same kind of love that Tamar showed Trina at Gabe's dinnertime confessional.

Edited by getawayjordan, Mar 18, 2012 @ 6:11 AM.

rosemadder

rosemadder

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Back to Mama Evelyn--do the sisters support her in the style to which she has become accustomed?? No Social Security for her, it would seem...

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

Toni mentioned in her TH session that she would just keep her mouth shut and let Gabe talk. That didn't really surprise me, as Toni tends to be very calm and discreet in situations like that. However, I agree with you Bibi about Tamar's reaction. I was pleasantly surprised at how calm she was during Gabe's speech. I fully expected her to call him out on his BS and create a scene, but she allowed Gabe to speak for the most part and (by Tamar standards) said very little. At one point I thought Tamar was going to walk out, but she just walked over to Trina's side of the table to comfort her. Another pleasant surprise? Maybe. IMO that was just evidence of the fact that Tamar really does have a kinder, gentler side, and most of her tirades are probably contrived for the camera.

I think Toni was shoveling that food in so that she wouldn't talk. We know she wasn't in favor of Trina staying with him. In fact she told Trina to run like the gingerbread man lol. If you saw her face you could tell she was pretty pissed off that Gabe was there.She may have been calm but I picked up that she was also pissed off. I bet life's tough being a son in law, spouse, brother in law to a Braxton woman. They really do not treat men with any respect. I was pleasantly surprised to see Tamar go over and comfort Trina. She has done a lot of growing this season.

As for Tracy, I think things seem to be getting better with her sisters. Tamar and Toni were right about Traci and the salon. She needs to finish her schooling and then get a chair somewhere and then later open her own salon. She's doing things backwards. She's grown on me this season though. I may not be as big of a fan as I am of Toni but I do like Traci a lot better this season.

Back to Mama Evelyn--do the sisters support her in the style to which she has become accustomed?? No Social Security for her, it would seem...

I think Toni and Tamar probably do most of the supporting but I have read somewhere that Mama Ev does some motivational speaking also. I read something about how she does outreach and has some kind of organization.Towanda doesn't really have any money and Trina relies on Gabe for the money and you know Gabe wouldn't give his money to help her mom. Traci's husband rules the roost and therefore no money from her either. Plus we know that Traci's husband doesn't like the Braxton's and how they are so much into everyone's business.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

I saw Tamar going over to Trina was just more Tamar attention whoring and getting camera time.

I'm not saying she doesn't love her sister but I don't buy her "concerned/caring" routine after her behavior since Episode 1.

Trina and her "long suffering wife" routine annoys me. She has said Gabe was cheating for 5 years of the marriage and continues to, I don't believe it's just online. She has admitted sucking off Christian, and did it with no shame and seemed proud of it. I also don't believe her relationship with Christian isn't full on sexual. She is not innocent in the whole mess that is their marriage. She has said Gabe is a good provider. So if she wants to be taken care of in exchange for a good marriage then she can keep her tears and dramatics.

She made her bed now she needs to lay in it, if she can't do that then she should get out.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 3:58 PM

I saw Tamar going over to Trina was just more Tamar attention whoring and getting camera time. I'm not saying she doesn't love her sister but I don't buy her "concerned/caring" routine after her behavior since Episode 1.Trina and her "long suffering wife" routine annoys me. She has said Gabe was cheating for 5 years of the marriage and continues to, I don't believe it's just online. She has admitted sucking off Christian, and did it with no shame and seemed proud of it. I also don't believe her relationship with Christian isn't full on sexual. She is not innocent in the whole mess that is their marriage. She has said Gabe is a good provider. So if she wants to be taken care of in exchange for a good marriage then she can keep her tears and dramatics. She made her bed now she needs to lay in it, if she can't do that then she should get out

I think Tamar has slowly done a lot of changing towards the end of this season. It could have been both: concern for Trina and attention getting. Vince's health scare deeply affected her I believe and she changed because of it. I'm sure there's still some of the old Tamar in her but I'm glad to see she can tone it down when she needs to. I think Tamar is also trying to find a way to fit in with her sisters. She has said herself that she feels like an outsider because its always Toni and Trina and Towanda and she and Traci are left out of the loop. I think her going over to Trina was her way of showing Trina that she cares about her and wants to fit in. JMO though.

As for Trina. I really hope that this saga ends this season. I don't think I can take another season of Trina and Gabe's marital woes.

Incidentally, I did hear that BFV was renewed for another season and I believe I read that Season 3 will be the last season. So maybe someone from the Braxton family or WETV have been hearing the talk about how last season should have been the first and last. So I guess we will have a few seasons of Tamar's spinoff show when BFV says goodbye at the end of next season.

Sunshine85

Sunshine85

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

I saw Tamar going over to Trina was just more Tamar attention whoring and getting camera time.

I agree. I noticed everyone giving Tamar a WTH look as she stood up, and walked alllllllllll the way around to the other side of the table, to Trina. Next, she makes a bunch of noise pulling up a chair, and trying to squeeze herself in when there clearly wasn't room. Then, to keep the theatrics going, she grabs a napkin to wipe away Trina's tears, and proceeds to hug and kiss Trina, who at that moment, really didn't look like she wanted or needed anyone to comfort her.

That scene was in line with Tamar's habit of getting the attention focused on her whenever the family is gathered to discuss/address an issue. We saw this last season, when Toni brought the family together to reveal she had lupus. Tamar starts with her over the top tears and breathless crying, which of course, brought all the focus to her. Toni's tone when she told Tamar she didn't mean to upset her by telling the family about her condition told me that she wasn't buying Tamar's theatrics, either. Everytime they're together, she brings the attention to her by storming out, yelling, crying or just acting like a jackass.

I believe Tamar loves and cares for her sisters, and would do anything for them, but I also believe that whenever a camera is present, she'll make sure it's focused on her, and only her.

Edited by Sunshine85, Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:55 AM.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

"""This may have already happened. Although I may be the lone evacuee, but I have given up watching BFV just because of Ms. Tamar and her foolishness. She has become way OTT.com just on BFV, a double dip will likely kill me.

Amen~!

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

I'm not watching Tamar's show either. I think I'm all Braxtoned out for now lol. This was a long season and I think its time to give them a break. Not sure when Season 3 starts but I'm not 100% sure if I will watch the next season unless it gets more exciting. I don't think I can take anymore of the Trina/Gabe situation and the Towanda/ Andre situation. Now that Toni's career is heating back up I doubt she will be on Season 3 very much. Has anyone heard anymore if she is still under consideration for X Factor? That could also curtail her appearances on BFV 3 although I'm sure now that her new album will be our this summer she will do a lot of promoting.

I am sure Tamar will have a lot of viewers because she has quite a following so they will get ratings.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

Trina's debut solo single is here:

http://www.romeoscor...arty-or-go.html

AndieMatt

AndieMatt

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

I feel bad for Doc, but he dodged a bullet in the long run. Evelyn doesn't seem to be over the pain of her last marriage, and needs a lot of therapy before committing to another one. And please get a real therapist this time - not Dr Sherrie. She is too busy telling Evelyn what she wants to hear.

Yes to all of this, getawayjordan. The Braxtons seem to be one of those families that are so close that any person who marries one of its members will never truly be a part of it. The sisters' wedding planning was a good illustration of that.

I didn't think Toni's son chiming in on the grown folks' discussion was cute at all. Mind you, it seems like the family will talk about any subject regardless of whether kids are around or not. The children probably all know way more than they should anyway.

I'm not saying she doesn't love her sister but I don't buy her "concerned/caring" routine after her behavior since Episode 1.

Come sit next to me on the cynic's sofa, 80sBaby. That little scene got an eyeroll from me.

Trina's debut solo single is here:

http://www.romeoscor...arty-or-go.html

Thanks for posting a link to the song, tommie. I kind of dig it. It's not something that will end up on a classics radio station in the future but it has some booty wiggling appeal.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

So I'm taking it that Tamar decided to have a baby after all?? I just CANNOT see her as a mommy.... I just can't. She's too self absorbed to care about a child. She was making all those excuses in Dr. Jackie's office about getting fat from fertility drugs and sagging breasts from nursing. Self absorbed. My bet is that she goes for a surrogate to carry the baby or babies for her. That poor baby will be with nannies all the time because you know Tamar won't be staying home nursing a baby while Vince is out having fun. I don't know what to make of Towanda wanting to carry the baby for Tamar though. In a way its sweet and in another way its just kind of yuck. Can't explain why but it just is to me.

the Dr. Phil show was a joke. They only showed one segment from the show. I never got to see it so I was hoping to see more of it but I guess if they showed a lot of it on BFV then no one would tune in to see it rerun on Dr. Phil.
That was sweet to see how supportive Toni was of Trina when she performed. It was obvious that meant a lot to Trina. They all look up to Toni so I'm sure that was very special for Trina. I was SHOCKED that Toni would have picked Trina as the sister she had the most conflict with on Dr. Phil. I had it pegged as either Traci or Tamar. Toni and Trina would never have crossed my mind.

Edited by BiBicat, Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:02 AM

Trina's song sounds like something from a Disney movie, like High School Musical or Cheetah Girls.

Trina was one of my favorites last season but this year she completely lost me. The whole episode I just wanted her to STFU! She told them she was hurt about the graduation then about how important it was for them to be there for her performance. They all show up and then she says them being there is stressing her out. She brings up Gabe then when they ask questions she says she doesn't want to talk about it and gets all "emotional". Trina STFU!! She annoys the shit out of me with her double talking.

Toni needs to realize it's 2012 not 1992 and get over herself. The way she spoke about Trina's band was plain rude.

Tamar can go on and on about not wanting to sing backup for Toni, but when Toni told them she was getting new singers she looked pissed/shocked to me. She did stop doing backup but I think she felt it would always be there whenever she felt like gracing Toni and the other sisters with her presence.

I hope Mama Ev drops the "I'm laying down the law" attitude. Sick of her "I'm not having it/That's the way it is.." routine. She is their mother, I get that, but she irks me when she climbs on her high horse. She to me at times comes across nasty and condescending, not motherly. I also really hated the way she handled Doc.

I didn't understand Traci being upset about Toni getting other singers. It seemed obvious that Toni never wanted her to sing for her and threw her a bone for that one show.

CrimsonTide4

CrimsonTide4

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

I hope Towanda realizes that carrying Tamar's baby would negate her desire for Tamar to stop talking and be quiet. Tamar would be a helicopter mom of Towanda's uterus. Overall, just a recipe for disaster. I cannot see Tamar as a mom. Just because she is a "good" aunt does not mean she will make a good mother. Aunts can send kids home.

I hope to see a real Traci storyline next season. Not Traci as the bench rider to the other Braxton women.

I was also surprised that Toni did not say Traci or Tamar as her biggest conflict. I guess she took the easier, less confrontational way out.

I still want to know why not one of her sisters was at Trina's graduation, online college or not. She finished something that she had to work hard for in between juggling marriage, motherhood, and background singing for her sister.

Nothing left but the reunion which should be interesting.

juniebaby

juniebaby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 7:35 AM

If my sister was not able to get pregnant or carry a baby herself, then I would offer to carry it for her. But if she was capable,and just didn't want to because she didn't want to get fat or stretch marks, you know what, forget it. That's just spoiled Tamar not wanting to go out of her way or be inconvenienced for anyone or anything. Why would Towanda even offer to do that for her under those conditions?

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 7:57 AM

To me, the whole Tamar having a baby is purely fictional and a set up for the plotline on Tamar and Vince's show. Tamar isn't interested in messing up her body or not being selfish and all about Tamar. Plus I STILL don't get any sexual vibe from Tamar and Vince. I guess they have sex but it seems like it would be more of a chore than anything for them two. He's obese and can barely breath just sitting still and she seems like she doesn't want to get sweaty or mess up her hair.

Glad to see some of the same views I've had on Momma Ev on the board. Although I'm sure Daddy Braxton is no angel, I can see how she could drive a man to drink. I know it's been mentioned before but it seems only Traci (who never seems to go home) and somewhat Tamar have anything close to a normal relationship with their spouse. I am going to put some of that blame on the Braxton's mother. I also agree with everyone who says there is no way to crack this Braxton sister circle. The husbands will always be outsiders.

Tamar is a study in a baby sibling, Traci is a study in middle child, and Toni is a study in an oldest sibling. They are the prototypes for those roles.

Edited by ferrisave, Mar 23, 2012 @ 8:04 AM.

AndieMatt

AndieMatt

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

So I'm taking it that Tamar decided to have a baby after all?? I just CANNOT see her as a mommy.... I just can't. She's too self absorbed to care about a child. She was making all those excuses in Dr. Jackie's office about getting fat from fertility drugs and sagging breasts from nursing. Self absorbed. My bet is that she goes for a surrogate to carry the baby or babies for her.

In my opinion, some people want to be parents (Vince) and other people just want babies (Tamar). BIG difference.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

All of this. The lotion was so WTF to me. It is very easy to put your own lotion on without getting it on your clothes. That alone made me dislike her. Then when he asks about her food and her response was just so rude, I can't. Memo to Toni: You are not a superstar anymore. Simmer down. I felt really bad for that assistant.

I couldn't believe Toni was actually serious with the "you have to be psychic" line, but I'd be damned she was!!! Really bitch? Maybe its a good thing Toni doesn't want to be on this show much, because if THIS is the way she acts around "the help" I would definitely start HATING her, and I really rather not.

That apology by Gabe was a load of BS. I mean, didn't he notice that Trina was getting upset by his speech. And cue cards? For real? Where they do dat at?

Doc? Count your blessing that Evelyn pulled out of the wedding. She would have made your life a living hell. I don't think she's ready for marriage (I give her kudos for at least realizing that). I hated the way she "broke up" with Doc though. Why didn't she just say she wants to be by herself, instead of making it about him and saying if he wants to date other people he can. What kind of shit is that.

In my opinion, some people want to be parents (Vince) and other people just want babies (Tamar). BIG difference.

I don't even think Tamar wants babies. I think this whole thing about the baby is because of Vince's health scare. I'm sure he's wanted to be a parent for a long time, and I think this is just Tamar finally giving in because life is short and all that jazz.

Edited by PoeticJustice32, Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:41 AM.

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

The Tamar/Vince union confuses me even more. Tamar clearly stated she does not want to be fat; she works to hard to be hot, and yet she's married to Humptey Dumptey, the mouth breather.

I liked the doctor though who told Tamar a couple of times to just get over it and buy new boobs if needed.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

If my sister was not able to get pregnant or carry a baby herself, then I would offer to carry it for her. But if she was capable,and just didn't want to because she didn't want to get fat or stretch marks, you know what, forget it. That's just spoiled Tamar not wanting to go out of her way or be inconvenienced for anyone or anything. Why would Towanda even offer to do that for her under those conditions?

Tamar has no business having a baby. She is way too selfish to raise a child. That poor baby would grow up thinking that the nanny was it's mama.

As for Towanda, maybe she's looking to get paid big time to be a surrogate for Tamar. She has a new house, and other than BFV, no visible means of support. She has to do something to make money. Why not rent her uterus out to her rich sister and brother-in-law?

I was SHOCKED that Toni would have picked Trina as the sister she had the most conflict with on Dr. Phil. I had it pegged as either Traci or Tamar. Toni and Trina would never have crossed my mind.

I'm no longer surprised at Toni and her comments. Over the course of the show, she has shown herself to be quite petty and self-absorbed in her own way. From the insensitive comment she made about Traci's weight, to the way she expects her personal assistant to "be psychic", to the unkind comments she made about Trina and her band, Toni seems
to be every bit as mean-spirited as Tamar.

I didn't understand Traci being upset about Toni getting other singers. It seemed obvious that Toni never wanted her to sing for her and threw her a bone for that one show.

I don't have a problem per se with Toni wanting to hire professional backup singers who are not family members. However, I do have a problem with the way she is going about it. IMO Toni is making her sisters pay for Tamar's bad attitude toward singing backup. And if Toni really didn't want Traci to sing backup for her anymore, she should have just said so without embarrassing Traci about her weight. That was just mean.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

I agree with what you said on the most part. I think not having her sisters be back ups was/is her way of going out on her own. I'm not defending what Toni said to Traci in Dr. Sherry's office. One strange side note though. I read that Toni is performing in Atlantic City tonight and Towanda and Trina are going to be on backup. What happened to I'm getting my own back up singers? Toni says one thing and does another. Thats why I'm still not buying the not dating Eddie Murphy or Keri because she doesn't always do what she says she will do. I still think she and Keri get between the sheets every now and then for a little rockin and rollin of their own. He's always where she is too. He was at Trina's concert and if he is an ex then why is he even there?

drivethroo

drivethroo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 1:48 AM

That sounds about right, Toni having the most conflict with Trina instead of Traci or Tamar:

Towanda is the keeper of secrets and shoulder to cry on.

Toni has said that she is closest to Tamar out of the sisters. Tamar's also no competition for Toni sister-wise...When Toni was first hitting it big at age 26, Tamar was still a teenager (16). A 26 year old isn't going to feel that much competition with their 16 year old sibling.

Traci is a non-factor in Toni's world (and everyone else's).

Remember the first season, when Toni complained that out of all of the kids, only she and Tamar were taking care of Evelyn (and this was probably pre-Vince, too)? And she complained that of all of her sisters, only Trina was charging her for her background singing services? Toni was probably pissed that Trina was charging Toni for her services but coming up with excuses not to help Evelyn...Toni knew how much money Trina had because she gave it to her!

When Trina talks about her situation with Gabe or the band, she's not telling Toni (unless everyone else is there), she's telling Towanda & Tamar. Not Toni.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

I didn't think about that. You're right Toni did have conflict with Trina over the money. I thought that was pretty much resolved though after Toni cried about it at the lunch. Most of Toni's reasons on the Dr. Phil show for the conflict between her and Trina was about the band. I don't think money was even mentioned. It doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all this season by Toni.

Now that Tamar and Toni are older there's not as much age difference now since they are both adults and I can see where Tamar wants to be competitive with Toni.

I remember this season Tamar was complaining that she and Toni weren't as close as they were because of Towanda. Tamar was also complaining at one point how it was Toni, Towanda, and Trina and Traci and Tamar were left out. In a TH Towanda was saying that the family cliques were always changing someone was always in and someone was always out of the circle except for Toni. They all wanted to be close with her. No one seems to want to be close with Traci. She seems to be the odd one out. She hangs with them all but no one ever mentions that they are close with her. I don't see much interaction between Toni and Traci this season except when Traci wanted to talk to her about financing her salon and when Traci got to sing back up. When they were in Dr. Sherry's office Toni's interaction with Traci was criticizing Traci's weight. I think Toni was just too busy this season to bond on the show with any of them really. The longer the season got the less we have seen of her. It's been mostly the 4 sisters with sprinkles of Toni here and there. I'm sure now that she has a new album out she will be on Season 3 even less because she will be out there promoting it. I predict she will be making guest appearances in Season 3.

I also remember that Trina went and talked to Toni personally about Gabe and she told Trina to run like the gingerbead boy. As for the band.... I do think Trina keeps Toni out of that knowing how she feels about the band.

Edited by BiBicat, Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:30 AM.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Toni is performing in Atlantic City tonight and Towanda and Trina are going to be on backup. What happened to I'm getting my own back up singers? Toni says one thing and does another.

Color me unsurprised. It appears that Miss Toni wants the best of both worlds. She seems to want good backup singers who are willing to work cheap AND don't talk back. But since she can't have it all, it looks like she will settle for mouthy backups who work cheap.

Towanda is the keeper of secrets and shoulder to cry on.

She's also a petty thief and habitual freeloader, but I digress.

Toni was probably pissed that Trina was charging Toni for her services but coming up with excuses not to help Evelyn

I agree that the girls should help Mama Ev out, but I'm not convinced that they should have to pay for her to stay alone in a house that is much larger than what she needs. I'm sorry, but Ev needs to downsize if she expects someone else to pay the freight.

BiBicat

BiBicat

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Petty thief, freeloader or not she is being made to be the family saint LOL. She can thank Toni for that because since she is so close to Toni no one will mess with Towanda. Toni is like home base in a way. Speaking of Toni, I bet she is very hard to live with and work with. She always talks about how anal she is. I couldn't live with someone like that. I'm organized but definitely not anal.

As for Mama Ev. I agree she does need to downsize. I'm not sure if Toni and Tamar help her financially anymore or not but its definitely too much house for one woman.

Color me unsurprised. It appears that Miss Toni wants the best of both worlds. She seems to want good backup singers who are willing to work cheap AND don't talk back. But since she can't have it all, it looks like she will settle for mouthy backups who work cheap.

Towanda must need the work and Trina must too if she is getting divorced. Gabe isn't going to help her financially as much now that they have split up. I am not believing that she is divorced though until she says it. None of them are very upfront about things like that. Toni says one thing and does another. I'm betting she has put her sisters in as her back up singers because they work cheap. She probably realized that having others would cost her too much money so better to keep it in the family

I'm no longer surprised at Toni and her comments. Over the course of the show, she has shown herself to be quite petty and self-absorbed in her own way. From the insensitive comment she made about Traci's weight, to the way she expects her personal assistant to "be psychic", to the unkind comments she made about Trina and her band, Toni seems
to be every bit as mean-spirited as Tamar.

Toni was much more likeable last season. Her mean side is coming through this season.Maybe she is going through menopause due to the hysterectomy. Some of the things that have come out of her mouth this season are like brain not engaged. There is no filter it seems. I know that is also a symptom of Lupus brain fog etc. I have seen comments here about how difficult Toni has been known to be to work with. I can see it. As for the assistant and being psychic. I think Toni addressed that and said she is so used to Towanda being able to read her mind that she expects everyone to be able to read her mind. I think she realized it was unreasonable.