Characters from the Other Side

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

10 replies to this topic

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 7:21 PM

I'm not sure how long the Alt-verse will be here, but I thought the dopplegangers deserved a thread.

Topic? How awesome is Alt-Astrid? I'm glad she's slightly more useful than our version.

Edited by Trini Girl, Apr 11, 2011 @ 7:22 PM.

portiaslegacy

portiaslegacy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 8:11 PM

Hey, don't know our Astrid for Alt Astrid. But yeah she is awesome. At first I thought when she talked she sounded like the hybrids on Battlestar Galactica, (although now I think the journalists on Satellite 5 from Doctor Who episode "The Long Game" might be more accurate) but I see the humanity through her. Some how in little gestures over her past two episodes she conveyed the loss at what to do when not interpreting facts from the data stream. I related.

fedorafadares

fedorafadares

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

I read that AltAstrid is autistic, which makes sense when you consider her lack of eye contact and limited expressiveness. Maybe in the alt-world they encourage the talents of people like her -- play to their strengths and guide them toward roles that use their talents.

Though I sensed a little thrill from AltAstrid when fauxlivia's boyfriend went out of his way to compliment her. Just because they aren't expressed doesn't mean those warm feelings aren't there...

Wish Astrid's talents (including her warmth) would be highlighted more. And a "Frank" for her would be nice, too.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 10:15 PM

or a "Francine"....whatever makes her smile that great smile!

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 9:16 PM

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Poor Frank, the Perfect Boyfriend, and Lincoln Lee who's adorable AND awesome.

Mack the Spoon

Mack the Spoon

Stalker

• Interests:Languages, traveling, music, learning as much as I can, good television and movies, writing

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 12:36 AM

You know, seeing this episode in which even Fauxlivia is looking more genuinely heroic (although I'm not going to forgive her quite that easily), I'm reminded how weird - and mostly sad - it would(/will?) be to not see them anymore at all.

I don't know what's coming, and of course if I have to choose I want to see Our Universe's characters, but Lincoln and Scarlie, and to a lesser extent Fauxlivia, are still pretty cool. And it would be truly tragic for Peter to never know Henry.

Even Walternate is such a dramatic foil for Walter that it would be a bit of a shame not to see him anymore.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 1:52 AM

I know right? The alt-verse and its characters are really interesting, and even if they don't get zapped away(or whatever) TPTB can't keep going back to that world forever. :(

SKF

SKF

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 4:37 PM

Apparently Lincoln Lee is going to be a regular next season so he's gonna need his own thread soon enough! I really like his character so I'm excited about that.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2011 @ 1:32 PM

I wonder how the absence of Peter affected the Red universe. The main thing seems to be that Walternate doesn't know that Peter is alive and in the Blue universe; because Olivia didn't come back to the daycare and cross over.

In a not-so-important related detail, RedCharlie and the Bug Lady are married now in the Amber-Red universe. So I'm assuming they met sooner in this timeline. In show time, I think it's only been a few months since their first date.

jenniferes

jenniferes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

A question that I had that got lost (or ignored -- perhaps it's a dumb question) in the World's Apart episode thread... Wasn't Alt-Broyles incarcerated in the Amber (formerly Blue) universe? Did we see him being sent back to the other side? I'm worried he's stuck now...

Edited by jenniferes, Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:19 PM.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

• Interests:needlework, science fiction, mysteries

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

Since AltBroyles was jailed near AltNina and Altlivia was interrogating her in her cell, I think we can presume that both are on the right side.