Nina Sharp: Massive Dynamic's Bionic Arm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

11 replies to this topic

portiaslegacy

portiaslegacy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 2:57 PM

First I am so happy that Fringe finally has a second board in the forum. But there is not a Nina Sharp thread already? For shame!

So this season we have more Nina/Walter interaction. Before this I often thought of Nina as really authoritative and business like, but with Walter she is the less burned out hippy who never gave up the dream.

I've often wondered how and when Nina got involved with Bishop and Bell. I assume she had the business acumen to get those mad scientists funding, and monetize their creations. The first season especially I thought of her as a bit power mad, (trying to get Olivia on the MD payroll when MD seemed the root of all evil did that) but if she isn't exactly altruistic she at least seems genuinely interested in everything.

PetraGooch

PetraGooch

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2011 @ 10:50 PM

Interesting that Nina is a killer in Olivia's subconscious!

Also I think it so cute that John Noble is a Nina/Walter shipper and intentionally tries to bring that element to their scenes. I wonder what the writers think of that! Watch, they will probably put in something that seriously puts an end to it.

And are they ever gonna revisit Nina kissing Broyles? What ep was that??? Does that fall under "Things from S1 we will never hear about again"?

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 11:18 AM

Yes, I loved that as well. I love how the actors are so invested and how much they bring to their roles that ISN'T on the page!

GreenPhoenix

GreenPhoenix

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 11:54 AM

Nina and Broyles kissed in A New Day in the Old Town, the second season premiere. I think it was right after one of Broyles' DC meetings. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a random throwaway moment, but I certainly wouldn't mind if they explored that a bit on the show.

livebait

livebait

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 8:00 AM

I am so curios to know more about Nina’s involvement with Sam Weiss. I found it too contrived that Nina would accept the idea that the faith of the universes would depend on which Olivia Peter would choose. No questions on why, no trying to know more about what Sam meant with that.

jloub

jloub

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 2:49 AM

Hmmm, watching Brown Betty and I'm struck by the parallels between the scene where Olivia is tied up and on the floow of the boat where Nina and her henchman Gemini (aka September in the 'real' world) stand in the door way and the scene from Wallflower where Nina stands in the door way of Olivia's apartment and her 'henchmen' give her the cortexiphan injection.

Nina's dialogue in that scene:

FICTIONAL NINA: (enters) I see. I suppose I should feel sorry for you, Miss Dunham. None of these should've been your concerns. The truth is I did everything I could to protect you. I warned you to stay away from this, but you didn't listen. Now you've given me no choice.

I'm certain we will hear something similar in the future when Olivia discovers the betrayal of her so called guardian.

Brown Betty is endless in it's coda for Fringe. Show runners and writers? You rock.

zwhippersnapper

zwhippersnapper

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:26 AM

Well, after seeing the ending of "A Better Human Being", I laughed out loud at how we've been tricked by the writers all along. We were all too happy to assume that AmberNina is evil and betraying Olivia, but turns out it's her alt! I think it speaks volumes of our mistrust of Nina all along :P I'm sorry Nina, you're just too shady for me to trust you whole-heartedly.

I think it's fair to assume it's Nina's alternate, since shapeshifters (both old and new) kill the originals. Unless altNina was killed and replaced by a shapeshifter who then replaced Nina just to gain access to Massive Dynamic. Now I wonder how long Nina had been replaced, guess we'll know next week.

Edited by zwhippersnapper, Feb 18, 2012 @ 3:28 AM.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

• Interests:needlework, science fiction, mysteries

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

Well, my position is that, if there are two Ninas, the one in the cell with Olivia is the original, in cahoots with DRJ, and the other is the alt's shapeshifter holding down the office. I'm never going to trust Mrs. Roboto.

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

So, am I right in thinking we now have two Ninas, both with robotic arms:

1. AmberNina, last seen chatting with her attorney (and may I just say her response there did not fill me with a belief in her general benevolence?)

2. RedNina, last seen going back into the other universe, who had previously pretended to be tortured?

And if so - and come to think of it, I should ask this in the episode thread, too -- why did AmberNina immediately assume that the other Nina had to be a shapeshifter, and not RedNina? Did Amberpeople assume/hear that RedNina was dead?

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

• Interests:needlework, science fiction, mysteries

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

They were being kind of dumb about alternates, weren't they. MD needs to revisit their biometrics to include the "glimmer" factor.

It's impressive that RedNina would be sufficiently dedicated to her job to have her arm replaced with a prosthetic. Maybe the Redverse is sufficiently advanced that they could keep the original on ice (in amber?) and replace it when the job's done? I really wanted someone in the interrogation room to get that Nina to expose the prosthetic, though as it is, it wouldn't have meant anything.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

Why couldn't they brought her back even for a scene in the final episode... I kinda wish her subplot in "An Enemy of Fate" got cut in half, so they could have her make that sacrifice in the series finale. I'm assuming her absence is due more to budget cuts than actor availability?

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 12:00 AM

Just a guess/opinion.... but I think it might've lessened the impact for both Nina and Walter to have both events in the same episodes...

And I think they were already editing 5.12/5.13 for time with just the scenes and actors we saw - there was a lot of ground to cover.