Khloe & Lamar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

451 replies to this topic

LeegallyBlonde

LeegallyBlonde

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2011 @ 9:15 PM

No comments here about that cheesy ridiculous basketball court/slow dance opening title song!? I was absolutely dying laughing.

I feel bad for Lamar re: his father. He needs to cut ties but I'm sure it's hard.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 3:34 AM

I have not seen this show because I think Lamar and Khloe's marriage is more of a business arrangement than a love marriage. To me it's a sham. I wanted to hear what others had to say because I could be wrong but after reading the comments I don't think so.

Maybe Lamar's dad agreed to be on the show for the money, and no way he didn't get paid, but I think it's disgusting that both Lamar and Khloe would stoop that low. Using normal day to day family crap for ratings is one thing but this is a whole new level.

I cannot believe Lamar and Khloe have been married for 2 years and she never knew about or met Lamar's father but he just happen to pop up at Khloe's book signing on her and Lamar's first episode of their reality show. Not buying this AT ALL. Whatever happen between Lamar and his father should not have been played out on TV for the sake of drama and ratings. I can't see why Lamar would agree to this but IMO he's a big push over when it comes to Khloe.

I read that Lamar pays his father's rent and pays his bills and has been doing so for some time. How could Khloe NOT know this? Pretty sure I won't be watching this at all.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 8:00 AM

I can't see why Lamar would agree to this but IMO he's a big push over when it comes to Khloe.

Perhaps Kris told her "sex" him up like she advised when Khloe wanted the house with the big price tag. Or Kris set the whole thing in motion without Khloe or Lamar knowing. The family films their gynecological appointments, I'm sure mammographies and colonoscopies aren't off limits, so why would exploiting Lamar's relationship with his addict father be sacrosanct? If the dad is using, the lure of quick easy money is understandable in his case. There is no excuse for the Kardashian/Odom family.

It's a good thing Lamar's kids seem to have a devoted mother, cause Kris would whore them out too if she could. $$$$$

I read that Lamar pays his father's rent and pays his bills and has been doing so for some time. How could Khloe NOT know this

I suspect Khloe has an allowance and that most of the household bills go thru a manager of some sort. I highly doubt Khloe has access to any of Lamar's financial "books" or that she has any real idea of what Lamar does with his money.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 8:16 AM

I really think the Lamar has no choice but to pay his father's expenses.

Imagine the story if an LA Lakers 'superstar' wasn't helping out his own father, even if said father walked out of them as kids?

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 8:25 AM

Imagine the story if an LA Lakers 'superstar' wasn't helping out his own father, even if said father walked out of them as kids?

Didn't a similar discussion take place about Oprah and her mom? They have a seemingly rocky relationship yet Oprah supports her. Michael Jackson too, with his father. Better to pay than to worry about looking like an ungrateful offspring.

StonesGirl

StonesGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2011 @ 4:03 PM

I have to be totally honest and say that this was the nicest I have ever seen Khloe act. When she is not with
her sisters, she totally loses her potty mouth. Obviously, the children's mother do not want them filmed and
Khloe, being a stepdaughter herself, has to abide by these rules. They may also be issues we are not aware of and
surprisingly, they are being quiet about it. I do think she did the right thing at the book signing when she met him
and his wife for the first time. I was actually proud of her behavior. Of course, this could all be scripted by Kris, so we
really don't know. When Joe's wife said to Kourtney, "we're family now", I flashed back to when Chevy Chase met Randy Quaid in Family Vacation. Still, even with Rob's freeloading (and he had to be the least famous of the celebrities), this show is
three hundred times better than Kim and Kourtney in New York.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2011 @ 4:28 AM

I have to be totally honest and say that this was the nicest I have ever seen Khloe act. When she is not with
her sisters, she totally loses her potty mouth. Obviously, the children's mother do not want them filmed and
Khloe, being a stepdaughter herself, has to abide by these rules.

StonesGirl what did you mean when you wrote "and Khloe, being a stepdaughter herself"?

lillypforme

lillypforme

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2011 @ 9:37 AM

Khloe is Bruce Jenner's stepdaughter...

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 8:03 AM

DId anyone else notice that at the ALL Star game, Bruce Jenner was there on the sidelines right next to Lamar and yet it seemed he was totally not a part of the show? I wonder if all is good with the Jenner/Kardashian marriage?

Rob is a piece of work! He's handed a job managing a group and cops an attitude because they are hesitant to trust him due to his lack of experience.

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 8:15 AM

Jamie = total freeloader. He has a loft across the hall from the Odoms and he doesn't work? Jesus! And he's on Lamar's payroll. Homeboy better watch his mouth; he said some pretty nasty comments about Khloe. Don't insult your buddy's wife, idiot, because she exercises more influence than you think.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Jamie's a freeloader sure, but no worse than Robert. I think Khloe should step carefully in regards to Lamar's friends. Her preoccupation with what Lamar 's financial situation will be in the future could be misconstrued as her being a gold digger. Changing the locks on the apartment without discussing it with him first? Out of line in my book. He could just as easily bitch about Robert hanging around all the time. Khloe resents Jamie's laying about and being basically a paid companion to Lamar but not Rob doing the same thing? She probably figures Lamar is less likely to stray if Rob is there as a chaperone than if Jamie is.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 9:57 AM

Don't insult your buddy's wife, idiot, because she exercises more influence than you think.

Seeing how Jamie, as he said repeatedly, has known Lamar for 20+ years, I think he knows what lines to cross and not cross. The fact that he said certain things to Lamar's face about Khloe tells me Lamar hasn't explicitly told him to watch himself. I'm sure Jaime has said worse off-camera to Lamar about Khloe. He doesn't seem to like her at all.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 11:27 AM

I wonder if Lamar thought hooking up with a Kardashian would get him into the All Star game? It seems that is why he is still playing, he wants that accomplishment under his belt.

I doubt die hard basketball fan will be persuaded to vote for Lamar in return for a babytalk phonecall from Khloe.

uselesstrivia

uselesstrivia

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

I doubt die hard basketball fan will be persuaded to vote for Lamar in return for a babytalk phonecall from Khloe.

Yeah, but anyone can vote for the all -star game. You don't need to be a big fan of the game. I have my friends/family vote every year for my team/players and some of them are not big fans. Every vote counts.

It seems that is why he is still playing, he wants that accomplishment under his belt.

He's not my favorite player but I think he does seem to still enjoy playing the game.....

He could just as easily bitch about Robert hanging around all the time.

Lamar is apparently the one that likes having Robert around. From everything I have read Khloe would like to kick Rob out and let sink or swim on his own. Khloe has said publicly several time that ROb is a freeloader. So at least she is consistent on that score..

Don't insult your buddy's wife, idiot, because she exercises more influence than you think.

Seeing how Jamie, as he said repeatedly, has known Lamar for 20+ years, I think he knows what lines to cross and not cross. The fact that he said certain things to Lamar's face about Khloe tells me Lamar hasn't explicitly told him to watch himself. I'm sure Jaime has said worse off-camera to Lamar about Khloe.

And many a 20+ friendship has been flushed down the drain by a 20year + friend who didn't know when to shut up. 20 years will buy you a lot of slack-- but there does come a time when a man has to make a choice. And Khloe is not really saying things against Jaime that anyone who cares about you would not say. (your mother, sister, friend) "He's not working in your best interest" and "he appears to be using you" are quantitative things you can measure and she has backed it up with examples. Why is everything on the website sold out? What are you doing all day? Why would you be in Lamar and Khloe's place when Lamar gave an identical you one of your own? Who smokes in the house of a non-smoker without clearing it with them? I think it was telling when Lamar said to Jaime "you're killing me". Meaning: "it is getting harder and harder to defend you".

He doesn't seem to like her at all.

Which is fine. But he should respect who she is to Lamar. And that is going to be his downfall I think. Khloe is fighting FOR Lamar. Jaime is just fighting Khloe.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 2:09 PM

Well, that's for Lamar to figure out. Maybe he'll look at last night's episode and decides the friendships needs to end. Either way, they'll figure it out. I guess I just don't feel strongly or badly for Khloe.

sbowen9

sbowen9

Couch Potato

• Interests:Reality TV whore: current bitch of Bunim-Murray Productions, BravoTV, and Mark Burnett.

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 2:26 PM

Lamar is a total pushover. When Khloe said that Lamar was paying the rent for twenty people and the cell phone bills for thirty, I thought, "And this is why he'll be bankrupt by forty."

Edited by sbowen9, Apr 18, 2011 @ 2:27 PM.

Linds911

Linds911

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 2:32 PM

Loving the show. Every couple has to deal with their family troubles and they are handling it as much as they can.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 3:26 PM

Lamar is a total pushover. When Khloe said that Lamar was paying the rent for twenty people and the cell phone bills for thirty, I thought, "And this is why he'll be bankrupt by forty

I agree, but Lamar is now it appears down to one friend (Jamie) and Khloe and her family. He comes from a very different background than her and I think she should be more sympathetic. She is as insecure in her position as wife as Jamie is in his position as lifelong friend. Obviously Lamar is capable of setting limits as he has done so with his father. I'm not saying Khloe has to keep her mouth shut but I do think she should be less strident about it and changing the locks on the door was over the top IMO. That should have had Lamar's blessing beforehand. Choosing a wife over a 20 yr friendship or vice versa is something that a person shouldn't have to do because the two parties in question are insecure. So far Khloe's only reason for it seems financial, Jamie is dipping into Lamar's wallet and taking money she feels is hers/theirs. I suspect she is more worried about Lamar having someone who has his back which may mean he isn't above needing someone to cover his more shady dealings.

Siren17

Siren17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 1:39 AM

Could they have used the words "rich" and "soil" any more times? This whole episode felt like a plug for the website. It kind of reminded me of, dare I say it, a 30 Rock spoof of a bad television show. However the Khlo (when did her name start having an accent in it?) and Jamie stuff was somewhat interesting. Though some of what they said about him didn't really add up. I mean, this is JMO, but if was on the brink of death and I was given another chance at live I would probably give up the smoking and try and make something of myself. Based on what Lamar said, it seemed like Jaimie was spooked by his near death experience, and if I were in his shoes I would try and change my life for the better.

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2011 @ 8:28 AM

The part that bugged me the most was: instead of Jamie smoking with the random chick (she was in the bathroom) at HIS own identical loft across the hall, he was doing it in Lamar and Khloe's loft. Hell yeah I would change the locks if I were Khloe--Jamie has his own fancy schmancy big-ass apartment to saturate with cigarette smoke.

Side note: I bet he gets girls by saying some bullshit line like "Yeah, let's go hang out at Lamar Odom's pad."

YMMV.

stuckintraffic

stuckintraffic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:53 AM

This ought to stir up some discussion! From LA Times Sports Columnist Bill Plaschke:

Could K & L reality show affect his career?

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2011 @ 4:20 PM

stuckintraffic - That was a great read!

The best part of the article was this very concise and accurate summation of Khloe and her family...

I'll admit, this woman certainly knows all about making something out of nothing. Khloe is a member of that family who became famous several years ago after her sister Kim was involved in a sex tape. Now the Kardashians are everywhere, with a hunger for fame and a willingness to exploit themselves that is more obscene than any video.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2011 @ 6:59 PM

Lamar is a total pushover. When Khloe said that Lamar was paying the rent for twenty people and the cell phone bills for thirty, I thought, "And this is why he'll be bankrupt by forty

Isn't this what happened to MC Hammer? He had all of friends on his payroll because he wanted to give them jobs

BrendasChoppers

BrendasChoppers

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 9:31 PM

I have to say, Lamar's "dusting" at the end cracked me up.

And Kris, look in the mirror.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 9:47 PM

Whose mother dumps that crap on her ON TV. What a bitch. But from Kim's uncomfortable greeting of Khloe I suspect she and Kris have discussed Khloe's "issue" many times over. Khloe should drop her endorsement with QT. She isn't "Big" by any stretch of the imagination. Kris's emphasis on appearance as part and parcel of the brand is wrong. But then what else is their brand but about appearance?

tabloidlover

tabloidlover

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2011 @ 11:09 PM

I just came on to post that this is so obviously scripted, it is just utterly ridiculous. When Khloe was making a mess of the bathroom to make a point, she threw a tampon (soaked in red kool-aid) in the toilet. And when Lamar sees it, what does he do? He picks it up out.of.the.water.... instead of flushing like any other person would do. I mean, seriously? We're supposed to believe he would touch it?? I think not.

victoriassecret

victoriassecret

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2011 @ 12:27 AM

I just came on to post that this is so obviously scripted, it is just utterly ridiculous.

I just said tonight that it sounds like Khole reads from a script. Her freak outs are so fake.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2011 @ 10:12 AM

I just said tonight that it sounds like Khole reads from a script. Her freak outs are so fake

Her freak out at the end was fake. But I can't believe as a mother, first and foremost, that Kris would make that call and dis Khloe over her appearance, scripted or not. I really wonder what message she sends the younger girls.

Siren17

Siren17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2011 @ 1:04 AM

Does anyone know what sillybandz are? To me they just looked like those sex bracelets which became famous a few years ago. Seemed like much unecessary hype and publicity over a rubber bracelet. But then again, that is nothing out of the ordinary for the Kardashians.

silverspoons

silverspoons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2011 @ 2:26 AM

Silly Bandz are rubber bracelets that kids wear and trade. They started out with regular shapes, like animals, sports themes, and holidays. Then everyone started making them, from dora to the simpsons and I guess even the K's? The fad was very quick lived where we live and some schools banned them. They are now sold at the dollar store.

Watching the episode I think Lamar was probably happy in his loft bachelor pad living across the hall from his best friend. He probably had a maid that cleaned up his mess when he was at practice or games. At least Klhoe and Lamar seemed good spirited about their differences. I'm glad scripted or not that they don't fight and belittle each other like so many other reality couples. That house is just too big for 2 people, and the homeless BIL.