Khloe & Lamar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

451 replies to this topic

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 5:57 AM

They had a whirlwind courtship, followed by a dream wedding and now Khlo Kardashian and Lamar Odom are giving fans a glimpse into their life together as newlyweds.

The couple's new E! reality show Khlo & Lamar will follow them as they navigate their first year of marriage.

JessieQ

JessieQ

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 6:26 AM

Did anyone else find this incredibly boring?

BrendasChoppers

BrendasChoppers

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 7:09 AM

Yes, and Joe Odom may haunt my dreams forever.

BrittanyS

BrittanyS

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 7:28 AM

Did they not have enough of reality shows? I don't think they can live without cameras surrounding them 24/7 anymore. Fame addicts, seriously.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 7:46 AM

I gave it a chance because I find Khloe the most likable of the K-clan and Lamar seems pretty cool. But I was bored and about half-way through I flipped over and watched the Judds instead.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 7:57 AM

I am just waiting for that clip where Khloe gets into it with Lamar's friend. He said something about how he's known Lamar for 20 years, and Khloe has only known for her for a minute, like he was trying to put her in her place.

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

I thought the segments with Lamar's dad Joe were sad and very real. Clearly, the man is an addict and will never stop hitting up his son for money. Lamar needs to cut his ties to Joe.

Siren17

Siren17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 12:04 PM

I thought the episode was okay, but hopefully the rest of the season will be better. Why wasn't Kim at the book signing? Or did I miss her?

I thought Rob looked better here. His hair grew out a bit, he didn't seem to have the scruffy facial hair, he toned up a bit and I liked his glasses.

The UniBoober

The UniBoober

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 3:04 PM

I like Khloe the best out of the Kardashian clan, but I still became a little embarrassed when my teenager walked through the room and said, "You're watching THIS?"

Lamar's dad is a piece of work. That was very sad and ITA, he will never stop asking for money. It's a lose-lose relationship.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 4:59 PM

Maybe Lamar's dad agreed to be on the show for the money, and no way he didn't get paid, but I think it's disgusting that both Lamar and Khloe would stoop that low. Using normal day to day family crap for ratings is one thing but this is a whole new level.
I've always suspected a lot of Scott's drama was manufactured for ratings, but using a real addict is low, real low. Kris has topped herself.

lancelot29

lancelot29

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 5:27 PM

1st and last season.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 8:50 PM

Did they mention what kind of addict Lamar's father was? I was assuming alcohol, but he looked so emaciated, that I thought maybe meth, but he seems kind of old for that. So he's remarried? Never any mention from Lamar about his father's wife.

I didn't sense any ill feelings between Khloe and Lamar's friend.

No. Kim wasn't at the book-signing. I'd love to read their book, but will wait until it's at bargain basement prices on Amazon.

I know that a lot of tweens follow the K's, so I hope this is a *cough* good example to them of how important it is to really get to know the person that you intend to spend the rest of your life with. I think that "Waitey Katie" was pretty smart (although she was under much greater circumstances than the actual bride and groom.)

victoriassecret

victoriassecret

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 8:57 PM

No. Kim wasn't at the book-signing. I'd love to read their book, but will wait until it's at bargain basement prices on Amazon.

I have it , if you want to know anything , you can message me. And I found the show boring , but Ill keep watching anyway.

vinyl

vinyl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2011 @ 8:59 PM

Tried to watch but was completely bored after 5 minutes and deleted the show from my DVR. No more kardashians for me they need to go away!

silverspoons

silverspoons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 1:49 AM

I actually thought the show wasn't too bad. It was certainly so much better then the NY show. I think the problem is they like to make the show light, fun, and fast pace for the young viewers. I like Lamar and I would have liked to see more background on his relationship with his dad and what his dad's issues are in if Lamar has tried to get him help. It could have been a whole episode, instead we get 5 minutes about his dad, 5 minutes about the all star voting, 5 minutes about Rob, and a 5 minute recap of thier story in the opening.

lola212005

lola212005

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 2:56 AM

Did they mention what kind of addict Lamar's father was? I was assuming alcohol, but he looked so emaciated, that I thought maybe meth, but he seems kind of old for that. So he's remarried? Never any mention from Lamar about his father's wife.

His dad is a heroin addict.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 7:44 AM

They need to lose Rob. I have always found him VERY annoying. He is not a teenager, he needs to be out on his own or move back with Mommy. His behavior was so over the top about them not coming to the game.

"Hey Lamar, I know you dedicated your life to basketball and after over 10 years haven't made the All-Star team but how dare you not come and watch me be a famewhore in the celebrity game I'm in because you're married to my sister." WHAT A BITCH!

I'm sure he's there because Momma Kris needed a check for her baby boy but the living situation makes no sense. Why would newlyweds who only knew each other for a month before the wedding want ANYONE living with them????

This show is much easier to watch then the others since the robots Kim and Kourtney aren't on.

Edited by 80sBaby, Apr 12, 2011 @ 7:45 AM.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:15 AM

Imo, Khloe needs to take Lamar's lead on Joe. Joe is a drug addict, who was not a parent to Lamar, and now that Lamar is famous, he wants to jump on the bandwagon. Thank goodness for Lamar's grandmother, or once his Mom died he would have ended up in the system. The man should thank his lucky stars Lamar even sends him money to keep a roof over his head as Joe did not extend the same courtesy to Lamar who was his child!

I am sure Lamar does not let Joe around his children, and once he and Khole have children together he probably wont want Joe around them either. BUTT OUT Khole- some people are just toxic, relatives or not! YMMV

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

Seeing how Lamar has been called out for not being the most present father to his two other kids, I am sure his children won't have to worry about being around their addict grandpa.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:21 AM

PharmGal10 do tell? Dish!

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:37 AM

The mother of Lamar's kids (she was also the mother to the child they lost to SIDs) made some comments before the Khloe/Lamar wedding that he wasn't really around, and that he could go a month or two without seeing his son and daughter. She said he mentally and emotionally checked out when it came to being a father a few years ago.

This reluctance to be a father says a lot about Lamar, especially since he's made comments in recent interviews that Mason (Kourtney's baby) gives him practice for when he will have kids with Khloe. He has TWO kids already. Why does he need someone else's newborn to prepare him for another child? I don't know, Lamar is all kinds of shady, imo. You always see pics of him with Khloe and the Kardash clan in tabloids, but not with the kids. He tried to sue the mother of his kids for visitation, but she had proof that she's begged him for a long time to come see his kids. I don't know what his motivation is, but like I said, it say a lot about Lamar. His ex, from what I gather, isn't the type to throw Lamar under the bus, but she has been appalled by his behavior the past few years.

Portae

Portae

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:47 AM

PharmGal, I'm glad you posted this. I'm always annoyed when I hear Khloe say in the previews that she and Lamar will be good parents. Um, you guys ARE parents.

silverspoons

silverspoons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 11:37 AM

Khloe said she never met his kids before she married him. I can't imagine marrying someone and not at least meeting thier kids. usually you would think you would spend a few weekends with your future stepkids before marriage.
So Lamar does not see his kids now? Has Khloe ever met them? I remember when Khloe was "teaching"? him how to swim , she commented that it would be great for him to know how to swim when he had his kids over.
If I were Khloe after seeing what Kourtney has to put up with Scott, I would think twice about starting to have a family asap with a man that doesn't see his kids (I can understand it might not be a regular vistation due to the NBA travel). They are young and got married so quick, why don't they just enjoy what they have. Would it be so horrible for Khloe to wait till she is 30 in 4 years to start a family? Myguess is Mama Kris is behind the wanting the babies. She was ayoung mom and she knows babies keep the media around.

Edited by silverspoons, Apr 12, 2011 @ 11:38 AM.

gulitypleas82

gulitypleas82

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 11:37 AM

Oh yeah, PharmGal10 I remember when the two first got together and hearing about how sweet and good (or whatever) followed by comments along the lines of "...yeah, I wonder how 'sweet' is he to his estranged kids? The POS..."

They've both...or really Lamar (if only because I'm used to Khloe being this way) have always kind of annoyed me just because of how opportunistic it all seemed*. Whenever they'd do their little "lovey dovey" stuff (which I think goes over so well because they are both in agreement of what this really is), especially in the beginning, I could see Lamar side-eyeing the camera and not in an uneasy, almost resentful, avoidance Reggie Bush sort of way. But in a, I don't know, uncomfortable smarmy, opportunistic, highly aware of the way he's trying to come off kind of way. Like hes really trying to portray the cool, easy going, sooo obviously enchanted and turned on my his new" love", Khloe and her wacky family persona. Sorry, once you shit on your family, especially, children that you've helped to make, it's hard to trust anything you do and almost everything you do is seen in a seedy light.

*I know, I know "If it works for them, who cares?...It's their lives!, etc." but this is JMO of public figures/willing reality show participants.

Oh yeah, from what I saw, Rob does look better, but his shtick/situation is old and not very logical for his age and affluence/connections.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 11:48 AM

I think if any of the Kardashian kids end up with substance abuse issues, I put my money on Rob. He is lazy, unmotivated and apparently not too bright. He want lots of money and he wants it now. I can't stomach this family in most of their behavior, but I do appreciate that they seem to hustle. Not my kind of hustle but they do put forth an effort. Rob, from the time he took Kim's Bentley without permission, showed what he is made of.

I don't think Rob or the two younger girls have the same "work" ethic the others have.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 2:25 PM

Khloe said she never met his kids before she married him. I can't imagine marrying someone and not at least meeting thier kids. usually you would think you would spend a few weekends with your future stepkids before marriage.

Not only that, but the fact that you wouldn't check out his rep/situation as a father also speaks volumes about why you are marrying him. I would expect Khloe, who had two strong male role models in Bruce and her own father, to look at someone with children and look at their involvement, or lack thereof, and feel some sort of way about it.

Guess not, if the money's right.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 2:29 PM

I believe one of the kids (the girl?) agreed to meet Khloe before the wedding (I don't think her mother let her though), but the other child (a boy?) said he absolutely did not want to meet her.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 2:31 PM

I believe one of the kids (the girl?) agreed to meet Khloe before the wedding (I don't think her mother let her though), but the other child (a boy?) said he absolutely did not want to meet her.

This is the same story I heard. The girl is named Destiny and the boy is named Lamar, Jr. I wonder if they ever appear on the show, or if the mother won't allow for that.

I find it totally interesting how they have virtually scrubbed their existence from all of their shows, public appearances, photo shoots, etc. for the most part. Any reference to kids are about future children that will be the spawn of Khloe and Lamar, with no real acknowledgement that he already has two pre-teens. I'm sure they'll feel some sort of way about that once they are older.

VegasChica

VegasChica

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2011 @ 3:07 PM

Pharm, I read the same thing you did in regards to Lamar's other children. I also read that he was making life difficult for his ex girlfriend because she refused to sign a release allowing her children to appear on any of the Kardashians shows.

I'm honestly surprised their brand can survive another spinoff. I mean the other series are so blatantly scripted. How many more times can you watch these people act stupid, show up for paid appearances, curse like truck drivers and say the word "vagina"?

I can't knock their hustle, but I wish they would just go away.

Siren17

Siren17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2011 @ 8:39 PM

This is the same story I heard. The girl is named Destiny and the boy is named Lamar, Jr. I wonder if they ever appear on the show, or if the mother won't allow for that.

I find it totally interesting how they have virtually scrubbed their existence from all of their shows, public appearances, photo shoots, etc. for the most part. Any reference to kids are about future children that will be the spawn of Khloe and Lamar, with no real acknowledgement that he already has two pre-teens. I'm sure they'll feel some sort of way about that once they are older.

I don't think Rob or the two younger girls have the same "work" ethic the others have.

I find it sad how this reality show and all of its predecessors has negatively affected these young kids. I wonder how Kendall and Kylie will turn out, and so far it doesn't look too good.

And I agree that Lamar should at least acknowledge that he has children, on the show or in the media.