Breaking In

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

310 replies to this topic

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:07 PM

I agree that Cam isn't a main character anymore thamks to Veronica. I always Oz was grooming Cam to take over during the first season that's why he was so tough on him. The show won't be on for two weeks returning on the 24th. I agree I'll watch Bret Harrison in anything.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

http://www.deadline....f-the-schedule/

Replaced by reruns of New Girl. Last season, I would have been disappointed.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Dang; I thought they'd at least see how well it did after Glee+New Girl.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

Of course they did. They took an interesting show and made it boring and derivative. What did they expect? Really.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

This sucks for Bret Harrison and Christian Slater. Fox should be ashamed they admit to medding with the show and they don't even give the writers a chance to fix their mistakes.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

This is pretty much exactly what happened to BH when he was on In the Loop. And then the same thing happened on Human Target. Only Fox could cast a talented comedic actor like MM and have the show tank.

LT

LT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

. . . or think her style of comedy would work within the framework of the show because it didn't. CS and BH have a more sly and subtle style of comedy and MM didn't here. I'll miss the actors and the characters they played (subtracting MM's character) but not the most recent storylines. That said, I'm still not happy about this cancellation.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

. . . or think her style of comedy would work within the framework of the show because it didn't.

MM is a good actor. They really constrained her, imo. I think she actually could have worked if she was recurring, but having her be so involved so much was detrimental to the show. Except for the 1st episode of this season, they never went on a proper mission.

As good as CS was on My Own Worst Enemy, I think this is the kind of tv role he's really good with. For BH, he's good anywhere, imo.

Tiger220

Tiger220

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

You know, if I forget that Breaking In was ever a show about a security company that breaks into places, it's still pretty fun as an office comedy made mildly unique by a bevy of pop culture references (some of which pertain quite closely to its biggest name). But I can't forget what it was, so I'm always at least a little disappointed, even when I'm finding things to laugh at.

Oh, and since My Own Worst Enemy has been mentioned, I have a question that I've never gotten a satisfying answer to. On the scale of "Last episodes of shows cut short," where would you rate the finale, with Pretender being the worst (giant explosion! Is anyone alive?!) and Journeyman being the best (some closure, but the story clearly goes on for our character -- which is right about where I rank the last episode of MOWE that I did watch, which is the one where Henry accepts that he has to keep the status quo).

Soulonfire

Soulonfire

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

It really feels like they brought this show back only to kill it off permanently for some reason. Like they just brought it back to shut the fans up and then set it up for failure to say "I told you so!". Bah.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

Of course they did. Fox did the exact same thing to HT and BH's first sitcom as well. They didn't know what to do with the show. I know tv is a harsh business, but it's not brain surgery or putting a man on the moon. You've got a show with the highest tested pilot. You put it on after, AI, when no one is really going to watch it and it does the best numbers for a show in that slot in literally 5 years. I mean, come on.