90210 (2008 CW Series)

• Please log in to reply

1438 replies to this topic

mspetite27

mspetite27

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

True about Naomi. I couldn't watch for 1 month or maybe it was a month & 1/2 and before I stopped watching Naomi was in love with Austin & then when I came back she was in love with PJ. Slightly before Austin she was in love with Max & threw him over for Austin. What did I miss? To me, Gossip Girl is doing well. 90210 jumps all over the place & sometimes doesn't finish what they started. I was right about Liam & Silver. When she was with Navid, I said that the only one that she hasn't been with is Liam & I didn't give it that much time until she got with him. I could see her with Dixon & Teddy, I got used to her & Navid, but definitely not with Liam. Where did that even come from? I also thought that Silver was going to do the "I choose me" thing like her big sister too. I guess in a way she did without saying it.

tanyak

tanyak

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

At least his fiancee has her own set of friends.

Except that when her maid of honor called in sick, she had no other bridesmaids or close friends or relatives who could handle hosting and had to ask Naomi. Oh, and sure! Bring your friends, too. And can Ade sing? Max' whole storyline is stupid anyway. Is it even possible to have all of that happen in the seven months since we last saw him? Even "the Facebook" took longer than that.

They must have cut a scene about how Annie found out where Diego was. Ivy didn't look surprised at all about him being on the boat, considering she had spent the afternoon looking for him.

Someone upthread mentioned it easier to pretend these nuts are in their early 20s and it totally is.

Edited by tanyak, May 10, 2012 @ 12:07 AM.

heat

heat

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

The levels of stupidity on this show have reached heights I never dreamed of. I too thought Silver would go the "I choose me" route, which would have been AMAZING! But it was too much to hope for.

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 5:37 AM

Someone upthread mentioned it easier to pretend these nuts are in their early 20s and it totally is.

Particularly since the core cast is supposed to be 19!

I agree with the comments on Naomi and Max. It's rushed, and feels as if she is suddenly so into Max because someone else is interested in him. Maybe if we had actually seen Naomi talking or thinking about Max over the past few months since she chose Austin over him, it might be different, but as it is, she was ready to marry a completely different guy just a few weeks ago. I don't believe for a moment that Max is the one for her, or that this is anything more than Naomi causing drama for the sake of drama.

Oh and Austin, Annie might have done what she did for Dixon out of love, but just remember, she was also happy to let you ruin your life to protect her secret, and made a huge fuss over the idea of you coming clean on the arson in a way that would jeopardize her standing.

And speaking of wrecking their lives, Navid, you are leaving an Ivy League school to be near a girl who isn't even sure she wants you. Smart move.

Lazlo

Lazlo

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

For a moment there when Bree threatened to bring down Annie with her I thought Annie was going to show some moral strength and fess up herself. Instead she just stood there silently while Austin talked out a compromise. Do the writers know how badly Annie comes across or are we genuinely intended to take her as seriously lacking in character and courage? Seesh.

I actually have some sympathy for Silver. Yes the decision that she has to have surgery right now is probably unrealistic but given that I think her wanting to have a baby right now is realistic, and uncharacteristically for this show quite a plausible reaction for a scared 19-year old.

kickedinthehead

kickedinthehead

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

Regarding Silver, to be serious for one moment, I have a friend who opted for those surgeries too, on the advice that it would eliminate what might surely happen to her later and then possibly be harder to cure and require not only the surgeries but possibly years of scans, chemo, radiology, etc. However, my friend is a lot older and I "think" doctors usually take a wait and see attitude with somebody Silver's age.

Eh. Silver's storyline is KIND of realistic, but it's rather exaggerated, too. Speaking from experience (I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006 -- when I was 26 -- and had a recurrence 2 years later) I know that many doctors will strongly encourage the so-called "cancer test" (except I've NEVER heard anyone refer to it as such; they say "genetic testing") for somebody with Silver's history, regardless of age. (Silver is definitely on the young side, but it's not unheard of for even 19-year-olds to be diagnosed with bc.) I haven't had the test myself (for a number of reasons) but I've lost count of how many times my oncologist has brought it up (yes, they even give the "cancer test" to people who already have cancer).

And, yes, a prophylactic mastectomy is something they'll talk to you about if you test positive for the BRCA gene. Shockingly, that scene in the doctor's office sounded similar to some of the conversations I've had with my oncologist (although, I'm not so sure about the office itself -- I've certainly never seen any that huge. Every one I've ever been in is closet-sized, with white walls, no windows, and a few magazines. And posters of boobs or esophaguses or whatever hanging up.)

I'll even concede that Silver's sudden desire to have a baby is a plausible, and actually I think fairly common reaction (I know, they're totally just using it as a plot device, but...)

Anyway, I'm just glad they're not saying "the cancer test" every two seconds when Silver's onscreen anymore or acting like she's at death's door. Sure, testing positive for BRCA is something to take seriously, but Silver doesn't even have "Stage O" cancer. She's not dying and she should have plenty of time to make a decision about whatever surgeries...or if she even needs surgery.

As for the rest of the episode.... I was embarrassed to watch it.... and nobody else was even around when I watched it. It was just THAT painful.

I mean, the past few episodes have at least been entertaining enough in a really crappy way. But this one was just BAD.

I especially cringed at the scene where that lame priest (who sort of reminds me of a poor man's cross between Noah and Matt from the original show; and when you're a poor man's Noah/Matt, that says something) was dancing at the bachelor party. Where would he have learned to dance? Just go away, priest.

And HeeHaw.... is he supposed to be charming?

Is Diego supposed to be interesting?

Because they're NOT!

ETA: Add me to those who totally thought Silver was going to pull an "I choose me!"

Edited by kickedinthehead, May 11, 2012 @ 1:22 PM.

HandsFullMama

HandsFullMama

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

Sanctuary? Diego is taking sanctuary just like Quasimodo?

I also thought it was completely unfair of Ivy to blame Annie for what Caleb did just because Annie brought Caleb into their lives. Ivy is the one who made the choice to act all erratic by wanting to go surfing during the storm and implying that she wouldn't care if she died.

Which, BTW was b/c she was devastated by losing Raj. And now a couple weeks later she is hooking up with another guy. I guess it's okay because she was into Diego before she took a break to reconnect with Raj before he died.

Blah, this show is completely ridiculous.

Halls

Halls

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:25 PM

How did Annie know where to find Diego and send him to the yacht to hide out? I missed something somewhere.

I was so confused with this scene. Is that what Annie said? That she told Diego to go to the yacht? Seriously, the writers really need to start explaining stuff better, this made no sense! And are we supposed to feel warm and fuzzy that Diego and Ivy are in love?? We don't care about Diego, we don't like his personality, and the viewers are still mourning Raj, so shouldn't Ivy be mourning still?? Who gives a crap about these two?! So Ivy went from being married to a dying man to now being in love with an illegal alien who has no career prospects and skateboards all day?? Awesome.

So a tiny girl can break the glass of a huge acquarium with a stick. I bet a tank couldn't crack that glass.

FOR. REAL. This was just so stupid. Yea, I'm sure they use paper-thin glass for the aquarium. Totally believable.

Will there be any repercussions about Liam's we serve all minors bar? He does own the thing and the owner, underage himself, is responsible for serving minors.

This is what I was confused on...would all those underage drinkers be arrested?? Pretty sure that's NOT what happens when underage drinkers are caught. Liam would be the one suffering most of the consequences, right? I don't think the LAPD has resources to arrest every single underage drinker and book them, do they?? I'm Canadian so I'm not sure what the laws are. But also, with regard to HeeHaw and the hooker, why would he put himself at risk by simply reporting illegal activity? Why wouldn't he call the cops and TELL them he was going to bust Bree and wasn't ACTUALLY trying to get her to sleep with him for money? Wouldn't that have just gotten Bree in trouble instead of the both of them??

I think I agree with revelation's ENTIRE post. SO many things that just don't add up!! How did Naomi fall in love with Max again, all of a sudden?? She DUMPED him for HeeHaw but now that he's taken, she wants him back??

I love how Navid is dropping out of PRINCETON to enroll in CU just so he can be "there" for Silver, when she doesn't even want to be with him. I love how Austin desperately needs a job when his father is a Kajillionaire who could make Austin "kept" for the rest of his life. And I too thought it was weird that Silver got to chat with Navid and Liam with the prison door WIDE open and nobody was really keeping an eye on any of them.

Why was Nick Carter there? Does he have something to promote? He is a terrible actor, that was just a waste of film.

Oh and Austin, Annie might have done what she did for Dixon out of love, but just remember, she was also happy to let you ruin your life to protect her secret, and made a huge fuss over the idea of you coming clean on the arson in a way that would jeopardize her standing.

Totally. I hate that Annie keeps justifying it saying that she did it out of "love". First of all, she was hooking before Dixon needed rehab. Second of all, she has had NUMEROUS chances to come forward and tell the truth in order to save Austin, and instead, she shuts the hell up, but because she's so CHARMING and LOVEABLE, Austin doesn't say anything. HOW is it admirable that she hooked to put Dixon through rehab? Couldn't she just have told all her rich friends the TRUTH and they would have chipped in? She knew she would be able to pay them back eventually because she was so convinced that the inheritance money was rightfully hers...Annie is so infuriating.

I also thought it was completely unfair of Ivy to blame Annie for what Caleb did just because Annie brought Caleb into their lives.

This was truly one of the most bizarre scenes. I hate Annie 95% of the time but the ONE time I actually think she should defend herself and stand up for herself, she doesn't do it?? HOW does it make any sense for Ivy to blame Annie for the fact that Annie's FRIEND got Ivy put away?? Is Ivy just THAT irrational?! COME ON. Ivy bitching Annie out for that made NO sense, and the fact that Annie just stood there and took it just showed what a freaking doormat the girl is.

HandsFullMama

HandsFullMama

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

That reminds me.... yes, with the aquarium scene, the show literally dumped the shark.

Madison did have her own friends, so why did she need the 90210 gang to throw her party for her? Madison and her friends seemed so much more preppy/rich than the 90210 gang. It was more of an East Coast old money vibe.... the whole being naughty at summer camp by drilling holes in the canoes, like they all went to all-girls boarding school in CT together or something.

So, Navid was at Princeton for five minutes before deciding to enroll at CU? What was the point of that? I can just picture the admissions guy over at Princeton..... "But we CALLED him up to ask him to enroll at Princeton in the middle of the year..... and now he wants to go back to CU? WTF is wrong with this kid?"

Whatever happened with his father's underage actress scandal?
Whatever happened to CrazyPants who was going out with Liam? Is she REALLY gone?
Where are David and Dr. Mel?

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Teddy! Nice to see you again. I've always liked the Teddy/Silver friendship but I'm not sure about the whole baby daddy thing.

Naomi/Max - I liked them as a couple the first go round but now I'm not totally feeling it.

Ivy/Diego....yawn! Why am I supposed to care about their relationship? Ivy has gone from mourning Raj to being head over heels in love with Diego? Huh?

Speaking of rushed relationships, Annie/Caleb is boring and unbelievable. Annie reminds me of Lana Lang from Smallville. Every man she meets falls in love with her in two seconds.

Didn't this show end last season with Liam's motorcycle crash? This season it's ending with Dixon's car being plowed into by an 18 wheeler. What is it with this show and motor vehicle accidents?

As ridiculous as this show is I'll probably be back next season. God help me!

Audra

Audra

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

I feel like that was the producers saying "whoops! We screwed up at the beginning of the season!" They got rid of Teddy and then sacrificed Max/Naomi for Austin which ticked a lot of fans off and all their new characters were flops. So now they're trying to reverse what they did.

BoogieBurns

BoogieBurns

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

Didn't this show end last season with Liam's motorcycle crash? This season it's ending with Dixon's car being plowed into by an 18 wheeler. What is it with this show and motor vehicle accidents?

...and they had Adriana in the limo when Javier(?) got killed in a car wreck (Season 2)! And, Annie killed a guy in a car wreck season 1!

Has there been a motor vehicle accident every season finale?

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Ok, so...what's gonna happen next season? Is Teddy coming back for next season? I gather that he is. I only watched parts of the episode during Glee commercials so I caught only some, but watched the last four minutes. I don't know how Dixon is gonna recover from THAT accident. That looked horrendous. Probably one of the worst TV car crashes I've seen. I mean, his car is completely smashed. I guess it's possible for him to recover but if he does (and that's a big IF), he's gonna be permanently damaged in some way. Or did he actually survive? Did I see a body bag or was it just the firefighters working to get him out of the car?

Oh well. I don't care that much about the rehashing of Max/Naomi and I don't care about Ivy and her new beau. I caught two seconds of Annie looking unhappy about something and honestly, I don't even care what happened to her tonight.

Anniecake

Anniecake

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

Maybe if we had actually seen Naomi talking or thinking about Max over the past few months since she chose Austin over him,

I agree with what you have said for the most part. I was glad she "chose" HeeHaw over Max, or maybe she didn't, she just chose something else at the time other than Max. I always got that Naomi was so much more into Max than he was into her. His engagement to someone else didn't surprise me at.all. I truly have never seen a character be so incredibly thrilled at the news that their significant other was not pregnant. I could almost *see* the fireworks go off, actual couch-jumping, any jumping especially up and down for joy, but we did see the ear-to-ear smiling, and so much undeniable utter delight that his future would not include any permanent ties to her, and it was not lost on her.

I'd like to see tonight's show again because I think Naomi may be dreaming. She was a total ass barging in on the wedding, and I think will not be rewarded for it. I think her friends lamented her level of pathetic-ness over that, before we saw the scene with Max and Naomi, and her friends were at the wedding after all, so why didn't they imply the wedding didn't happen? Maybe they did, which is why I want to see the show again. She gave Max plenty of opportunities to choose her, and he was nothing but "no way", not even any indifference there. Naomi deserves better and it's high time she got it.

By talking to Teddy about her hoped for baby-to-be, I think Silver did say "I choose me".

So over Liam's connection to whats-her-name. Didn't want to see her then, don't want to see her now. Couldn't care less about her or his movie.

Lame, lame about the car crash. They do this to us almost every season finale. This show does not deserve fan loyalty if it's going to be that lame.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Poor Naomi with the world at her feet - yet all she does is crawl after men and beg. Why does Max feel the need to be married to ANYBODY at age 19? Are these writers 10 year old ADD kids? With no attention spans? How can the audience buy all this true love crap when everyone is in twu wuv every five minutes? Naomi, 3X this year plus some recreational bed-hopping. Annie, 2X. Ivy, Raj, then photo guy, then tagger, back to Raj, now totally can't exist without tagger. Liam, several times. Then again, they acquire fortunes and fame with zero effort, toss that, acquire more fortunes and fame, are so amazing Princeton pursues them, ditch Princeton ... aargh, the list goes on. And of course, Naomi's former boss orders her to drop everything, not even finish the wedding she planned, because this 19 year old Wunderkind must be in NYC now now now now. Sigh, I remember Brenda and Kelly pining over Dylan for entire seasons and we understood the slow burn/desire. And they actually finished college, worked up from the bottom rung at jobs.

Nice to see Liam's bar in full swing after raid. No fines, no closed down pending investigation, no problems whatsoever.

iwatchthemall

iwatchthemall

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Has there been a motor vehicle accident every season finale?

It seems like the writers of this show have taken there cue from One Tree Hill.

s1- Lucas gets in a car accident
s2- Nathan race car crash
s3- Nathan, rachel , Cooper Limo accident
s4- Haley gets ran over by Dante
s5- Dan ran over by Nanny Carrie
s6- Peyton gets into a car wreck

Im sure there were more in the other seasons I didnt care to watch.

tanyak

tanyak

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

As ridiculous as this show is I'll probably be back next season. God help me!

Me, too!

Maxbird, I agree with your entire post. No repercussions for the bar. Naomi being ready to run an office in NY. Naomi and Max. I also agree about the post about the wedding and us seeing Annie and Silver outside the building with the doors close. If Max had called it off, you think you would see guests leaving and milling about.

Despite ALL of that, the most laughable thing to me was Caleb deciding not to go to the wedding because he "didn't want to bring anyone down." Like these people who have known him for half a second wouldn't be able to focus on anything else beside his problems. Boy, please.

love danielle

love danielle

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

Next season I hope there is a 5 year time jump. That way the ages will be 24, 25. Naomi looked far from 19 tonight in the outfit she was wearing at the airport.

Edited by love danielle, May 16, 2012 @ 1:55 AM.

ThirdAttempt

ThirdAttempt

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:39 AM

I don't post here often, but after watching the last episode... What is wrong with the people who write that show? There was a time when 90120 was fun mindless entertainment, with more serious storylines sometimes but it's not anymore. It's plain BAD.

The characters are horribly badly written it's ridiculous. Can't those people think about anything but themselves ? They are so selfish it's just unbelievable.

So Silver toys around with Navid and Liam's feelings and is obsessed with having a baby no matter how much she is hurting both of them. And now tada! Teddy is back and going to be her sperm donor. It doosn't matter t all that Teddy is gay and in a couple with someone, and that being a father is a huge responsability. No, Silver wants a baby and she's getting it right now.

Diego and Ivy, I know I fast forward a lot but when exactely did they become so incredibly close that they HAVE to be together?

Adrianna, I just can't understand this girl. So she's ready to ruin a great career opportunity just for the sake of being with Dixon ? Can't that wait ? And don't pop or country stars have a love life too that doesn't necessarily imply missing concerts at the last minute ? And doesn't she need, to work for a living, or is her love for Dixon fix that too ?

And last but not least Naomi who just ruins her ex' wedding with a great girl because all of a sudden she's madly in love with him all over again. Seriously, I don't buy Max' little talk that "this time it's real", yeah right. I'm sure they're going to break up by next winter.

All the characters are self centered and do not care for 1 second about the consequences of their actions.

NicolaofEarth

NicolaofEarth

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:41 AM

Annie reminds me of Lana Lang from Smallville. Every man she meets falls in love with her in two seconds.

But that's because Lana was kind of gorgeous.
Despite being bat shit crazy, it was realistic of the men on
the show to just ignore her flaws because they couldn't get past her beauty.

Annie doesn't have such an advantage so it's bizarre.

Misty77

Misty77

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:08 AM

I don't post here often, but after watching the last episode... What is wrong with the people who write that show? There was a time when 90120 was fun mindless entertainment, with more serious storylines sometimes but it's not anymore. It's plain BAD.

The characters are horribly badly written it's ridiculous. Can't those people think about anything but themselves ? They are so selfish it's just unbelievable.

So Silver toys around with Navid and Liam's feelings and is obsessed with having a baby no matter how much she is hurting both of them. And now tada! Teddy is back and going to be her sperm donor. It doosn't matter t all that Teddy is gay and in a couple with someone, and that being a father is a huge responsability. No, Silver wants a baby and she's getting it right now.

Diego and Ivy, I know I fast forward a lot but when exactely did they become so incredibly close that they HAVE to be together?

Adrianna, I just can't understand this girl. So she's ready to ruin a great career opportunity just for the sake of being with Dixon ? Can't that wait ? And don't pop or country stars have a love life too that doesn't necessarily imply missing concerts at the last minute ? And doesn't she need, to work for a living, or is her love for Dixon fix that too ?

And last but not least Naomi who just ruins her ex' wedding with a great girl because all of a sudden she's madly in love with him all over again. Seriously, I don't buy Max' little talk that "this time it's real", yeah right. I'm sure they're going to break up by next winter.

All the characters are self centered and do not care for 1 second about the consequences of their actions.

I agree absolutely with everything you've written. The selfishness of all of the characters is driving me around the bend. And after that dross I won't be back next season.

Also how can Ivy just emigrate to Mexico? I'm no expert (Australian living in the UK here) but doesn't Mexico have immigration rules? If I waltzed up to the airline counter and told the worker there I wanted a one way ticket to live in the UK with my partner without a visa I'd be told no way you're getting on that plane. The airlines tend to rigidly apply visa rules. It's one thing to visit as a tourist, another to say you want to live somewhere permanently without going through the formalities.

Edited by Misty77, May 16, 2012 @ 7:11 AM.

funnybottoms

funnybottoms

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I agree with you, Misty77, it seems ridiculous that Ivy would just be allowed to get on a plane and go to Mexico. However, are we sure that was actually her intent? I thought that maybe she was just going there to visit him, but who knows, it's quite possible that I misinterpreted the show, as often happens on 90210. Does this mean that Ivy won't be back next season?

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

Let's see, she got canned by Dixon's people for not making a meeting (not her fault that time) and was pegged as unreliable. Next thing, she craps out on an amazing opportunity to open for Heehaw's creepy father because she's pissed at Heehaw. Now she misses yet another commitment to go meet her erstwhile boyfriend. Why would ANYONE hire this girl for anything when there's a 75% chance she won't show up?

I wonder if Ivy is gone? I was amazed that since this show is so surreal the rally to save one minor criminal tagger didn't pan out. And BTW, Ivy, marrying him at the 11th hour wouldn't fly with the INS.

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I'm not even sure what to make of this show. Naomi was literally ready to marry someone else not a few weeks ago, and suddenly she is disrupting a wedding to be with the "love of her life," whom she hadn't even mentioned for months. And who puts a 19 year old in charge of a branch of a PR firm?

I will say I did like that Teddy was brought back, if only because he was possibly the best character this show ever came up with.

The rest was just 90210 being 90210. I honestly could care less if Dixon is dead, mangled or will suddenly be played by a different actor as the result of plastic surgery after the accident (not a spoiler, just me having some fun!). He wasn't an interesting character at all this season, and he didn't suddenly become interesting because he might be dead. He only might become interesting if it is revealed that Annie was driving the truck that plowed into him and she is now two for two with her killer driving skills.

The rest was just meh. I don't care about Adrianna's career as a waitress/country singer. Silver showed she had at least part of a brain by not choosing either Navid or Liam to parent her child, and Navid really has no purpose on this show. Though special credit to Vanessa who seems to think being a psycho and stealing thousands of dollars are things that can possibly be brushed under the rug to start fresh with Liam. I mean, that's an Annie "I'm a killer hooker, but don't you still love me?" level of moxie.

ThirdAttempt

ThirdAttempt

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

Let's see, she got canned by Dixon's people for not making a meeting (not her fault that time) and was pegged as unreliable. Next thing, she craps out on an amazing opportunity to open for Heehaw's creepy father because she's pissed at Heehaw. Now she misses yet another commitment to go meet her erstwhile boyfriend. Why would ANYONE hire this girl for anything when there's a 75% chance she won't show up?

Well that's just it, there never seem to be any consequences for anyone no matter what they do.
Why would Austin's father trust Adrianna again when she cancelled at the last minute for no serious reason ?
Why would Naomi's ex boss offer her to take over the New York's office of her company when Naomi left her to start a direct competitor right after she showed her the ropes of the business ?
And lets not even talk about Annie.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Moving Back to Mondays in the Fall

Lazlo

Lazlo

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

I love Naomi but I think she was incredibly selfish crashing the wedding, mostly because the experience must have been horrific for Madison. Poor girl was not just jilted at the altar and humilated in front of her entire family and friends but the wedding wrecker was a woman who she obviously thought of as a friend. That trauma isn't going to heal soon.

Colonial Rob

Colonial Rob

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 6:56 AM

I love Naomi but I think she was incredibly selfish crashing the wedding, mostly because the experience must have been horrific for Madison. Poor girl was not just jilted at the altar and humilated in front of her entire family and friends but the wedding wrecker was a woman who she obviously thought of as a friend. That trauma isn't going to heal soon.

Not only that, but that the wedding wrecker was her wedding planner takes it to a whole new level of messed up.

This episode was all over the place. I'm glad they brought Teddy back, but I'm not feeling the reason. I get that out of her possible donor choices, he seems to be more mentally stable (dealing with coming out is more society and his family's fault than his), but is she expecting him to be Rupert Everett to her Madonna? Um, he's gay, sweetheart. If he's just the donor, then fine, but who's going to help her raise a child? Navid and Liam are incompetent, so they're out. As much as I've hated Dixon from the beginning, I didn't really want that kind of end. I was hoping more "put on a bus, never to be seen again" and not something Russell Davies would come up with (although he would have completely pancaked the car). As I saw the crash, I thought about how Annie would react and then realized we may not have seen the last of Caleb.

revelation

revelation

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

Another car crash! It's a repeat of the Liam thing with Vanessa.

Why does Naomi suddenly want to drop her own company and work for someone else again? And just move to New York as well. Did she even say goodbye to her friends like Annie and Silver before heading off to the airport? And are we supposed to believe that Naomi is flying to the East Coast without any luggage or spare clothes or even any work stuff like a laptop? Too out of character = bad writing.

I don't understand why we are supposed to believe that Ade cannot go and perform at this concert and instead has to ditch it to meet Dixon! Why not leave Dixon a message explaining that she is busy that weekend and will catch up in a few days when she is back in LA? Sounds so simple - no drama required! If Dixon wants to reconcile with her, then he is going to be willing to wait until she gets back to LA a few days later! Especially after Dixon himself has been out of town working. That whole situation of Ade having to pick between her career and her boyfriend was just too silly to take seriously.

Ivy and Caleb had the worst plan ever to stop Diego being deported - get a Senator to intervene! Yeah cos Senator's really care about one illegal immigrant in Southern California! Why would Diego get any special treatment over the million or so illegal immigrants in the USA? Is he a great scientist? No. Is he a Doctor? No. Is he a great athlete? No. Is he married to an American? No. Does he require special medical treatment? No. Was he born in the USA? No. Does he have kids in America? No! So what are his circumstances, the Senator will ask. Er - he is actually a graffiti artist and criminal wanted by the police! OK - in that case, of course he can stay then! And since when does the Church think it determines immigration policy in the USA? Is Diego even a member of that Church? Even Diego realised it was the stupidest plan ever and decided to GTFO! Still don't understand why he just did not stay in the USA. Loads of illegal immigrants do, they just have to avoid attention from the authorities. Why not just stay on Naomi's boat which is being unused. Also everyone has suddenly forgotten Ivy is an escaped mental patient with a death wish! Ivy was suicidal and had to be committed a whopping two weeks ago (I think the day before Naomi's engagement party)! Her friends don't seem worried at all that she might try and kill herself again! Ivy attending Max's wedding is in no way going to remind her about Raj!

Still not liking the Max storyline. Naomi appeared to love PJ and now she loves Max literally a fortnight later? WTF? I don't understand why she left PJ anyway. It was not clear. Why not marry him, he becomes a billionaire and if it goes wrong then you are set for life. Annie's interactions with PJ showed he did not really care about money, so he could throw 20 million at Naomi in a divorce settlement without flinching. But no she blows that opportunity and now has decided to ruin's Max's wedding. Naomi seemed to doubt that PJ actually loved her and that he was only interested in his money and suspected he was only marrying her to get his own money/inheritance. Previously Naomi lost interest in Max and dropped him for someone better looking and richer, and now she wants Max back now that he is rich himself. It's hard to root for Naomi and Max. Viewers were still trying to process Naomi and PJ! It makes no sense to have this storyline immediately after the PJ wedding storyline, and they literally said she started planning Madison's wedding about a week after her own wedding date. It's too implausible for her to forget about PJ and fall in love with Max literally 2 weeks later.

The writers are treating the viewers with contempt to even write such tripe. It was terrible last season, but picked up at the beginning of this season but the end of this season, it is back to awful.

An example is that we are expected to believe that Vanessa can come back after robbing Liam and become his manager again because she has a contract? Yeah, good luck with that after the police arrest your ass for stealing from Liam. Of course Liam can make a sequel without having the same manager. It is stupid to imply that a contract suddenly overrides criminal behaviour and Liam cannot proceed with his career with some legal advice and a new manager. And if Liam is interested in becoming a serious actor, then why not get in touch with his close friend Teddy. who has a father who is a famous actor? Or does that make too much sense?

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Um, he's gay, sweetheart. If he's just the donor, then fine, but who's going to help her raise a child?

I don't follow this. Why couldn't Teddy be a father if the potential kid is his? It's not like he and Silver have to be in a romantic relationship to raise a child together.