90210 (2008 CW Series)

• Please log in to reply

1438 replies to this topic

Halls

Halls

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

What the hell was Silver wearing to Naomi's engagement party? And why did HeeHaw say "I didn't think you'd be into this kind of thing" to Naomi?? Hasn't Naomi's entire LIFE been about money and being into really extravagant things? Why all of a sudden is she trying to play Mother Theresa? Naomi LIVES for that shit. I'm annoyed because I feel like Nick Zano's two weeks will expire, he will lose his trust fund, but he'll want to prove to Naomi that he loves her so he'll try to win her back, then they'll be together in the end...but he'll be poor. Awesome.

Make-up and lighting do wonders...Naomi's skin looked flawless during the indoor scenes, but the natural light on the boat revealed many blemishes.

I liked the fact that Gillian was totally showing off her small chest. One of the few Hollywood starlets who hasn't succumbed to the implants syndrome, and she is still one of the most beautiful in the cast. Actually, none of those women have big boobs...except for maybe Adrianna? Who, by the way, has gained a ton of weight. Has anyone else noticed this? She actually looks like she EATS...MEALS. Unlike the other women on the show who probably chain smoke for their daily nutrition.

So is Silver going to cheat on Navid with Liam now? Just how Navid cheated on Adrianna with Silver? This is very difficult to keep straight in my head.

Call me crazy but I actually liked Adrianna's twangy country voice...at least it was something fresh.

Why did Silver tell Liam she was saying goodbye? Did she agree to go to Princeton with Navid? Did I miss something? I know he told her they should be together, but is that what that meant?

Satine

Satine

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:05 AM

This show is beyond dumb but I still keep watching. I love Ivy and her storyline with Raj dying so I guess that has sustained me through all the other idiotic storylines and dropped storylines of the past season.

thethe

thethe

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

I'm hoping that's Mr.Cannon as Naomi's client that we saw in the previews. Now they just need to bring Jasper back.

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:28 AM

Naomi LIVES for that shit. I'm annoyed because I feel like Nick Zano's two weeks will expire, he will lose his trust fund, but he'll want to prove to Naomi that he loves her so he'll try to win her back, then they'll be together in the end...but he'll be poor. Awesome.

I agree. It did seem odd that someone whose life is built on extravagance, after all she does live in a palatial mansion and has a never ending supply of money, was taken aback by the extravagance of the party. However, I do think Naomi had expected the party to be more intimate and the over the top-ness of it all was more about showing how her boyfriend didn't really understand her needs and made the party more about himself than her.

Love2Hate

Love2Hate

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

except for maybe Adrianna? Who, by the way, has gained a ton of weight. Has anyone else noticed this? She actually looks like she EATS...MEALS.

I don't know if it looks like a ton, but she does seem to have put on weight and I think she looks great. I agree that she sounded good singing that country song!

This was not Silver's best (looking) episode, on the other hand... she looked more tired, older, haggard, as the episode progressed.

Hollysmom

Hollysmom

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

The Priest could become an Episcopal priest - they can be married, and the liturgy is similar.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

Really show? THIS is how you choose to bring back Max? BOO!

The Liam/Silver/Navid triangle is beyond silly.

Anyone else tired of all the music career storylines?

Annie and Caleb...I just can't.

It's a shame this show may survive and yet Nikita IMO a far superior show could get the axe. Heck,Ringer may be a hot mess but it's entertaining. This show is all hot mess and yet I'm still watching. Clearly, I need help.

Halls

Halls

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

Annie saying out loud that she used to be a prostitute, and Caleb hearing? GOLD.

Glad PJ actually got married and got to keep his inheritance. Hopefully that's the last we see of him.

I thought all of the women looked incredibly beautiful tonight.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

I thought all of the women looked incredibly beautiful tonight.

They really did. I used to find Annie unattractive but probably mostly due to her former permanent bitch face but she's very pretty these days. Same with HeyDude - The girl is a knockout now that she isn't just moping after Dixon or Liam. I don't think wardrobe does Ade many favors. The poofy short dresses and big belts make her look stumpy or something. She is gorgeous though and nice to see somebody who isn't a stick figure for a change.

Won't even comment on the plot other than the insta, unearned fame and success of everyone is inane. Max? Really? He's a huge sucess overnight too I guess, in his freshman year at college. Pfft

Halls

Halls

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

Max? Really? He's a huge sucess overnight too I guess, in his freshman year at college. Pfft

At least they portrayed Max to be a hard worker in high school who didn't get caught up in drama and money...so I think it's fair to say that maybe he COULD be super successful at such a young age, because that's what can come from working really hard all your life and putting in a lot of effort. I just think that we as the viewers are so sick of seeing these young kids be SO rich already that it diminishes Max's ambition (if that makes sense).

Was anyone else uncomfortably waiting for that heiress girl to plant a big juicy kiss on Naomi at the end, right before Max was re-introduced? I kept praying that it wasn't going that route. Can't take another lezzie storyline.

Why was heiress girl wearing the same outfit throughout most of the episode? Or was it just a bunch of really similar outfits? I get that they wanted to make her look like Polyanna, but a little variety please??

tanyak

tanyak

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

Annie and Caleb...I just can't.

I can't, either. I'm actually mad that they had them sleep together. It would be one thing if this had been building since the beginning of the season, but they've hung out, like, three times, which is apparently all you need on this show. And that's fine for all of these random relationships, but for a man who has wanted to be a priest since he was a boy. Dazzling Annie is the only woman who's ever tempted him? Please.

Also, Silver's doctor's office can't do a quick pee test at the office? And even if they want to be sure with a blood test, is that something that needs to be scheduled the next day? And I totally missed her reason for rejecting Navid's rather sensible idea of taking a drugstore test.Yes, Silver. It's better to be in limbo for more than 24 hours while you and Navid spill the beans to everyone you know. *roll eyes*

And the Naomi storyline made no sense. Naomi was supposed to get married in two weeks, so super short notice. Madison had the same super short schedule if the venue was suddenly available because of Naomi's cancellation. And how old was that girl and does she not have parents? I also didn't understand why they were being so coy about the groom. At first, I thought she was somehow in cahoots with PJ, but I oouldn't figure out why she would be.

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

The reason is because they wanted Max being the groom to be an "Holy Crap" moment. But, they also put the actors name front and center on the guest star list so it was obvious it was him when he never showed up. I don't even pay attention to the guest star listing usually but I liked the actor so I was happy him and Naomi might be trying again. Of course, we got more plot contrivance.

Do any of these people go to school? I know all of them haven't enrolled but at least on the original recipe some of them lived on campus, routinely made friends/hung out there and were involved in school activities. I mean they kept pretty much everybody around and still split them up all over the place.

They did that whole storyline with Dixon not being able to afford school then he's an instant music star that never goes to school. This show makes my head hurt real bad. I only keep coming back because there are several actors on here I do enjoy seeing and you get the occasional good stuff like the guys learning to come to grips with their friend being gay. Which led to Navid and Dixon doing the Kid and Play dance in a gay night club and a shockingly good scene between Liam and Teddy.

The girls are all looking very stunning right now. I was legit blown away by how beautiful Ivy looked during the tagging scene.

Oh and get HeeHaw, Howdy Doody, or whatever off my damn screen. Just go away!

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

Okay, I'll buy that Max designed a few killer apps or something and yes, he has actually worked and applied himself. Which brings me to a real problem I have with this horrible show in general. Why are these teenagers so frantic to get married? It's not like they are pushing 40 or even 25. I'd think Max and Polyanna would wait till he's out of school. Same with Naomi, we know why PJ wanted a quickie marriage. Naomi is gorgeous, wealthy, surrounded by friends and appears to be sincerely enthused about her party planning prospects. Why on earth wouldn't she want to play the field and have fun for a few years, even if she has a serious love interest? She's been in true love so many times my head spins. Makes it hard to care when things go south since other than Max she's always in love with somebody she met a week ago. Caleb, Ugh. He's maintained his devotion for 20ish years and one pretty girl liking him causes him to toss his faith? And then Navid ditches Princeton, a dream, for a girl who could relocate near him if they need to be together rather than him passing up this opportunity. These people all think below with their reproductive organs.

Hollysmom

Hollysmom

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

I fell asleep while watching the recording. WHy did Ade not sing with Billy Ray?

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

I think it had something to do with HeeHaw telling Billy Ray that Ade had been singing country music all her life whereas Ade protested that she is a pop singer. Ade had a moment of clarity and realized she couldn't pretend to be someone she isn't and backed out of the show last minute. Or something like that. I was sort of paying attention. The music career story-lines are getting ridiculous and boring.

Do any of these people go to school? I know all of them haven't enrolled but at least on the original recipe some of them lived on campus, routinely made friends/hung out there and were involved in school activities. I mean they kept pretty much everybody around and still split them up all over the place.

THIS. You'd think Annie and Naomi had dropped out of CU. The sorority shenanigans from earlier this season were silly but at least it had something to do with school. And now I guess Navid is going to drop out of Princeton?

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

I'd think Max and Polyanna would wait till he's out of school.

Heck, I'd think they would wait until Max was even 20! He's a teenager getting married. It's just too dumb and contrived.

And I totally missed her reason for rejecting Navid's rather sensible idea of taking a drugstore test.Yes, Silver. It's better to be in limbo for more than 24 hours while you and Navid spill the beans to everyone you know. *roll eyes*

I think she said that even if the test was positive, the doctor would still have to confirm it, so she thought there was no point.

I just rolled my eyes at Annie and Caleb. Are you honestly telling me this guy was a virgin, who had never met a girl who turned him on until he met Annie? Does this make her Mary Magdalene? And seriously, Annie is horrible. I still can't believe that Hee Haw took the rap on burning down that sorority, and she refuses to come clean because she's worried about her precious reputation. You're a killer hooker Annie! No one cares!

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

I still can't believe that Hee Haw took the rap on burning down that sorority,

Didn't that have something to do with Dixon too though? Ridiculous - he threw a rock that broke a window. I guess the arson folks are so dimwitted they didn't do any investigation whatsoever. Yep, Annie never changes, got her fortune by breaking/entering, thinks she's a big philanthropist, but lets a friend go to jail to cover her stupid secret. I'm so bored watching this I zone out - didn't realize Ade never sang. Way to go, Ade, you've once again proven you are unreliable! Do the damned gig and fire HeeHaw later.

Halls

Halls

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

I fell asleep while watching the recording. WHy did Ade not sing with Billy Ray?

Ade freaked out seeing the empty auditorium because she knew that real country fans might not like her/be able to tell she's a fake, and HeeHaw told her she HAD to do it because he was NOT going to fail in front of his father again. So Ade tells him that he's just like Dixon because he's putting his career ahead of her...um...except that's not true at all, Ade?

a) You were DATING Dixon, and the guy actually initially said NO to a record contract because he didn't want to leave you in the dust, but of course he didn't tell you this to protect you...but you didn't know this, so I'll sort of let it slide...but not really because I would never want to hold my boyfriend back from the career of his dreams and I wouldn't expect him to either, because I would probably take the career of my dreams too even if I was in love. But that's a whole other topic.

b) HeeHaw wanted you to sing because YOU are the product, therefore while yes, he wanted his share of the success, most of it would have been YOURS. You are lucky he chose your ass to open his father's show in the first place you ungrateful teen mom waitress. You've sung in front of millions before (Hello, didn't you tour with JAVIER!?) so suck it up and do it again. He was putting his AND YOUR career at the forefront, don't make it sound like he's just using you.

Ok so we're supposed to believe that Caleb was a virgin?? But don't the writers realize that WE DON'T CARE ABOUT ANNIE AND CALEB!? Their idiot relationship has been building up for all of FIVE seconds and Annie has only been in love with a billion guys since the start of the show, so one more doesn't make us all goosebumpy! Not to mention that they both lack chemistry (actually, Annie lacks chemistry with ANYONE, they they all magically fall at her feet like she is kryptonite for males). And yes, Annie truly is a terrible person. After all HeeHaw did for her, she can't even come clean and tell the truth? Heck she doesn't even have to tell the truth, she just has to vouch for HeeHaw. She could even go to the cops and say "HEY, I know the girl responsible for the fire. She tried to burn some papers in the bathtub and the house burnt down". I mean, would the cops REALLY care all that much about WHAT was in the paper that was being burnt? Wouldn't they just want to know the arsonist and arrest her (or whatever? I dunno if they'd even arrest her if burning down the house was an accident). This entire show is so stupid (and addictive).

gypsy landslide

gypsy landslide

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:44 AM

I've just decided that all of these characters are at least 21-22. It actually makes the show more enjoyable!

LOL Hooker Annie! Cop that!

The most unbelievable part of the episode for me was the girl getting married. Wait so she is getting married in 2 weeks and only then decides to get a wedding planner? And then after getting a wedding planner, she finds her wedding dress? Come on! I bought my dress a year before my wedding. It's not just a last minute decision!

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Guess what? There will be another season.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

revelation

revelation

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

This episode was full of Lulz. Navid starts a fight at a social event for the second week in a row! Last week it was Naomi's engagement party! This week Liam's film premiere! Haha! I am surprised he did not get into fisticuffs at Raj's funeral!

Of course, Naomi is going to arrange the marriage of Max to some other girl. Her presence is obviously going to mess things up there for Max, despite the fact that she was perfectly happy last episode to marry PJ before changing her mind.

A couple of things seemed strange. I thought Liam was making this alien film when Vanessa was around and when Silver was having to do tests about cancer. That was not really that long ago, at most a month ago. As PJ had two weeks before he had to get married, and now he has just got married about a week ago. So Liam was making this film a month ago, and yet it is already having it's premiere? The fastest film production in history! The time-line is clearly off.

Also I was most impressed with Ivy being able to spray-paint a mural, especially the top of it which was about 10 foot above the ground and with no ladders available. Come on producers, that was stoopid! Are we supposed to believe she stood on Diego's shoulders to do that part? Really?

Also it was really weird for Ade to bail on her big break. That made NO sense whatsover. For months she has been trying to get back into the music industry with Dixon, going to all those meetings etc, now she has another shot on her own, but she is instead simply going to stand up Austin's Dad who has agreed to let her open for him? Seriously? Way to sabotage your own career!

Why on earth would Silver go around suddenly convinced she was pregnant with no evidence to support that whatsover? Why wouldn't she just take a pregnancy test and get it confirmed before blabbing about the pregnancy thing to Ade? Made NO sense! I think the writers were as drunk as Naomi for this episode. How come Silver and Liam suddenly have feelings for each other? Where did that come from? Liam was into Vanessa and Silver was planning to leave to live with Greg but now they are suddenly in love with each other??

Why would Annie not agree to vouch for Austin to Ade? Why would her prostitution come into it at all? All she needed to say to Ade was that Austin took the fall for Dixon so that he would not lose everything. I Lol'd at Annie's deflowered priest overhearing about her prostitute past! At last some negative consequences of her whoring!

Why is Navid not going back to Princeton anyway? Silver does not seem to be doing ANYTHING these days? She seems to have dropped out of college, she has long since given up the farce of her running the media campaign for a political candidate (don't snigger) and was willing to move to New York to live with Greg. So why can't she move away with Navid? Why does Navid have to leave Princeton to stay with Silver? I do believe there are cancer doctors in the New Jersey area.

I still don't understand why Navid is living at Dixon's place. I thought he had a movie studio? Is that shut down because of his uncle? Does he have NO money at all? Have his parents had to sell their massive mansion? Where are all Navid's belongings? In Princeton? In Dixon's place? Does he still drive a Ferrari? Does this show make ANY sense these days?

NicolaofEarth

NicolaofEarth

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

Guess what? There will be another season.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Damn! Who the hell is watching this show?
Apparently it's like the 4th highest rated show on the CW.

valandsend

valandsend

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

How did Annie know where to find Diego and send him to the yacht to hide out? I missed something somewhere.

KaveDweller

KaveDweller

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

There must have been a deleted scene, because they didn't explain it at all.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Good lord, if not for the horrible unnecessary cancer story #3 I'd just watch this as a comedy it's so lame. Just a couple things: Naomi is once again pathetic. So a tiny girl can break the glass of a huge acquarium with a stick. I bet a tank couldn't crack that glass. Will there be any repercussions about Liam's we serve all minors bar? He does own the thing and the owner, underage himself, is responsible for serving minors. Even if on paper it belongs to HeeHaw he's in a world of trouble. The Diego stuff is a snort. Hiding in church. Are the cops in LA so bored they will go full out looking for a tagger, legal or otherwise? Perhaps if he was a murder suspect, known drug dealing gang leader, but waste that manpower on a tagger? I suppose Ivy will marry him now to make him legal. On this show it could work. Annie and preacherman? Don't care, she's what she is and he's weak. He broke a lifelong vocation over a girl he knew for a week so quit blaming Annie, hooker or not. Ade? Eh, I do like her voice though. Silver and dueling sperm donors. Yep.

revelation

revelation

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

I like how the show is trying to make us feel sorry for Naomi because Max is marrying someone else! Haha.

Do they think we have forgotten that she had Max but threw it away because she wanted to sleep with Austin. She then declared her love for Austin at that stupid party with confessional booth messages on screen. She had just last month been declaring how in love she was with billionaire PJ but she threw that away because of some stupid reasoning. He was willing to marry her and gave her a freaking yacht but that was not enough so she breaks things off with him. Now she is jealous of Max's new fiancee and discovers she actually loves him again! Damn girl! If you get back with Max, you know you'll suddenly want to get with Liam again because he is with Silver or get with Dixon because he is with Adrianna again! I love Naomi but breaking up Max's marriage is a bad thing to do!

Diego is going to spend the rest of his life in a church? Great plan, Ivy! I am sure there are going to be hordes of cops chasing an illegal immigrant in LA. After all Diego will obviously be top of their Wanted List. How does this plotline make any sense? Diego escaped, the cops don't know his real identity. Does his fake id have his real address? Wouldn't that be stupid? If he has no place to live, why doesn't he stay with Ivy or on Naomi's boat? Why a church? It just seems incredibly contrived - a way for priest guy to make amends to Ivy. And why has Naomi never mentioned that she got an amazing ship from PJ?

How come Max has no friends of his own? It is like Raj all over again! At least his fiancee has her own set of friends. Why is Max organising the entertainment for his own bachelor party? Oh that's right he has no friends, but who is the Best Man and what is he doing? How come Max was at that campus? On the off-chance to meet Navid? But Navid does not even go there and was there just to pick up enrollment info. Was Max looking for Austin? But Austin was only on campus looking for a job. No reason for Max to look for Austin or Navid at the campus at all. Austin is not a friend of his so why invite him and ask him to arrange entertainment for a party that same evening? You don't need connections in the music industry to hire a wedding singer/band. If Max is a multi-millionaire (or even in general) why would he or his Best Man not have arranged a venue before the day of the bachelor party itself? How can you invite people to a party if the venue is not known? If Max has a sister who sent out the invites, how come she was not at his fiancees hen party?

How come Silver has to have a baby now? Why does she have to have her breast and ovaries surgically removed? Surely this would only be needed in the event of developing cancer rather than just having an increased risk of developing cancer? In other words as a last resort response rather than a first resort as seems to be the case with Silver. How come Silver gets to see and speak to Navid and Liam in jail? Has she bailed them? Is she just allowed to have an entire conversation with them in the doorway to their cell and the cop just has to stand there holding the cell-door open? Doesn't that only work for Lawyers? Does Silver really expect to tell Liam and Navid she wants a baby right now and expect them to respond positively without taking a moment to digest this development? Also does she not realise they are drunk and so cannot be expected to give an answer at this moment in time and any given answers would not be recalled the next morning?

Also still not explained why Navid has to give up Princeton. Why can't Silver move to the East Coast to be with Navid? Because she will miss her garage apartment?

humuhumu

humuhumu

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

The lulz. This show has gone past crazytown at this point. So Max is apparently the Social Network version of Mark Zuckerberg. Do they expect us to forget that he had his own geek friends last year, who were also judgmental of Naomi, and I think featured in other episodes too? And was he ever actually friends with Liam/Navid? Anyway, those scenes really highlighted the absence of Teddy and Dixon. I guess we're really stuck with HeeHaw (WHY) to round out the males.

Speaking of, didn't HeeHaw's actor play Raj's bachelor party stripper? Was kinda hoping for some sort of meta reference about that. Or for him to also be randomly in love with Annie (everyone else has done it).

BTW, why are all these 19 year olds desperate to get married and have babies? Silver had aspirations in the film industry (and previously, to get an education) and now all she wants is to have a baby?

Finally, Nick Carter is looking ROUGH.

Cornballer

Cornballer

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:26 PM

De-lurking simply to add to the astonishment that this was renewed.

When I bother to watch a few minutes, it seems stuck somewhere between "the writers have given up" and "the actors are desperately waiting to get out for film careers that will not likely happen."

(Also: "Let's see what skin-tight outfit we can put AnnaLynne McCord in this week...")

It's almost as bad as GG, which sort of plays like, "Blake Lively was just woken up from her nap in time for this scene, which we'll shoot on one of the three sets we have left."

...I'm too old to be watching trashy teen drama anyway.

Edited by Cornballer, May 9, 2012 @ 7:29 PM.

Ktwo

Ktwo

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

I really thought Silver was going to pull an "I choose me" there at the end.

Edited by Ktwo, May 9, 2012 @ 10:07 PM.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

I really though Silver was going to pull an "I choose me" there at the end.

Me Too! I actually said it out loud. And yeah, now that it's been mentioned Max had a ton of friends before, and was involved in all sorts of things. Naomi is just disgusting anymore. She's been in love 3 times this year and I get it that Max is the Zuck but didn't his parents partly want him away from Naomi because they wanted him to finish his education and grow up? Shit, Naomi could marry and divorce him and have 3 more husbands in the next two years the way this thing evolves.

I'm ignorant. What is lulz? Seen it a couple times now and not a clue.

Regarding Silver, to be serious for one moment, I have a friend who opted for those surgeries too, on the advice that it would eliminate what might surely happen to her later and then possibly be harder to cure and require not only the surgeries but possibly years of scans, chemo, radiology, etc. However, my friend is a lot older and I "think" doctors usually take a wait and see attitude with somebody Silver's age.