The Voice

• Please log in to reply

18073 replies to this topic

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

It was that in order to pair Erin against someone weak enough to advance HER, he paired two deserving singers--Jamar and Jamie--against each other (and gave Jamie a lousy song choice for him in the process of, imo, advancing the untalented, delusional Erin).

THIS. THANK YOU. Neither the Shields or Erin should have advanced past the Battle Rounds. The Shields were fun, but really had no shot beyond that. Erin should have been cannon fodder, as well. More deserving singers than her went home in the Battle Rounds. CeeLo seemed to be thinking with his dick when it came to her. That said, during the sing off, she looked toned down and pretty. I didn't find myself disliking her with the fire of 10,000 suns (as I had the other nights she was on). Her voice, however, still sucked.

That said, CeeLo's team is quite strong, while I think Adam's is incredibly weak. And Adam seems to know that. He seems especially depressed about Juliet not being on his team. He looked genuinely pissed when she selected CeeLo during the Blind Auditions and depressed when she sang "Roxanne," this week and absolutely KILLED it. It's actually too bad that Juliet didn't pick Adam. She's stronger than any of his Final Four, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a struggle against Jamar, who I can see CeeLo favoring.

No, you are not crazy. She says when she sang what she wanted was when America fell in love with her. I'm sorry, but hahahahaha! I don't remember the love from America. Does anyone?

Annnnnnd the HATE is back! Seriously, Erin? Unless "America" is the nickname of one particular judge's sex organ, AMERICA wanted nothing to do with you. When it was left up to AMERICA, the verdict was NO. Buh-bye! Perhaps VH-1 will have another cheap, classless dating show for you to make a fool of yourself on. Does Axl Rose need a woman and more publicity this week?

My Final 2 for each team:

Team Blake: Jordis and Jermaine
Team CeeLo: Juliet and Jamar
Team Christina: Jesse and Lindsey
Team Adam: Pip and Mathai (go back and forth between she and Tony, but I think Mathai's cute factor will push her over the top)

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:31 PM.

Viva Elijah

Viva Elijah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:58 PM

Just watched the sections of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon where Kim, Erin, and Karla appear. I don't understand why Erin was wearing sunglasses...

Video of Adam on Christina's comments, etc.

I've liked Maroon 5 since the beginning of their Songs About Jane days, but now I am kind of in love with Adam. He seems like a nice guy. And I like that he has the introspection to think about how the show has benefited him and the band. He doesn't seem above it all. Which is also nice to hear.

ETA: Erin might be the whiniest most delusional reality contestant ever. Her comments on Jimmy Fallon were ABSURD. Actually she may not be the most. I don't watch that many reality competition shows.

Edited by Viva Elijah, Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:59 PM.

Sydney0502

Sydney0502

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

On the "Twitter" Girl..who cares what her name is..I totally AGREE - Get rid of her. Every time she comes on..last year..this year doesnt matter..TOTALLY ANNOYING, UNPRODUCTIVE, MEANINGLESS, BORING, FAKE, SUPERFICIAL, FORCED, COACHED, STAGED INTERVIEWS...

I fast forward on all Twitter nonsense period. What is all you people's fascination with Twitter anyway. I thought this show was about The Voice, Just like that out of control, immature audience that goes notes when someone blows their nose I have to sit through a fake, boring wanna be starlet forcing interviews..the one with Adam was the ONLY one I found productive as he said it.."this whole room gives me one weird vibe".

Notice how she shuffled him off "as if" she has to tell him to go take a seat. What a joke.

And that James is so annoying. I really dont want to hear what they have to say at this stage in the game. I dont mean to be heartless it just makes no difference. I am not voting because what they say behind the scenes is going to change my mind. Do you REALLY think i care who twittered them 5 seconds before?

Why would anyone care what that "mechanic" has to say about a bunch of tweeies sending him love messages? I could walk on stage and get a bunch of tweenies loving me..none of that is based on meaningful emotion, kinda like a man's boner in the mornings.

DAngelus

DAngelus

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

A couple days late, but:

Cheesa has terrible habits as a singer- the breathing into the mike, the lack of phrasing and subtlety. I thought she was awful.

I even thought she was worse than Erin; her enunciation is just as bad ("All PIE My SHRELF! All PIE My SHRELF!!) and all she is is loud. Ffs, if I want loud, I'll listen to a car alarm. She has nothing that makes me want to hear her again; Erin's quirkiness at least intrigues. (Plus her girlfriend was cute with the stuffed animal in the green room during the BA, but that's OT, I suppose.)

One thing I thought was really weird is Cee-lo said "My brain says Tony, but my heart says Cheesa" and Carson immediately just kind of jumped in and announced Cheesa the winner. Not that Cee-lo argued, but I'm surprised Carson didn't wait for Cee-lo to clearly state "Cheesa, you're my pick"; the next words out of his mouth could have been "Still, at this stage I think Tony's professional experience and training isn't something that can be taught in a week, so my choice is Tony" or something.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I was steaming from the other three coaches calling for Cheese-uh, when I thought Tony was miles above her on a much more difficult song. (If you remember "Sweet Dreams" getting Tiah Tolliver booted from X-Factor and Haley Johnsen eliminated from American Idol, you know what I'm talking about. But Tony killed it.)

And when Cee Lo gave Erin props, I figured he was going to do as Blake did and praise Erin and Tony before saying he was saving Cheesy. So when the next thing he did was praise Chessa, I was cautiously hopeful that he might actually choose the performer over the (bad, bad, bad) diva-bot. But then he did "my head says/my heart says" and I was waiting to hear which way he decided…when Carson decided for him. Agh.

If Cee Lo wants to walk next season, I won't mind that at ALL. Stop him before he over-produces again! (And give the spot to NeYo, whom I really liked as a mentor. JMO.)

BoogieBurns

BoogieBurns

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

On the "Twitter" Girl..who cares what her name is..I totally AGREE - Get rid of her. Every time she comes on..last year..this year doesnt matter..

Last year it was Alison Haislip, who was clearly forgetful. This year is it Christina Milian, who is less dull but equally useless. I really think her entire purpose is to get the show trending on twitter...and it works.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

ITA that, though the new Twitter girl is an improvement, the question still is, "Why Twitter?" The show is too long as it is and that filler is just annoying. If anyone cares, they'll be reading it on their own Twitter feed.

..the one with Adam was the ONLY one I found productive as he said it.."this whole room gives me one weird vibe".

I did love that moment because, like all Adam moments, it seemed so real. He looked totally thrown off by the negative vibe of the room and I wanted to hear more about what he was feeling and why. Loved that he's the guy who comes into that negativity and feels, "I want to change the vibe here". He's kind of doing that on the show, too, between Xtina's uber-competitiveness/borderline bitchiness, Blake's surly "check-out" vibe, and CeeLo perhaps napping half the time behind those glasses.

chihuhua mama

chihuhua mama

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

I'm bummed that Ceelo may not want to continue on the show, but the guy's gotta do what he must. An awesome replacement would be Pink. That lady would scare the living shit out of the rest of the coaches. Pink would take no prisoners and be blatantly honest. Simply my opinion.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

I gotta say, even if Erin got rightly dumped, and Juliet and Mathai (who improved a lot) rightfully got through, America is sending through a lot of the sub-par. Pipsqueak and Tony Lucca going through? Come on, America. They had the best STORIES, not the best performances. And then Jamar and his Jesus complex, and Big Ears Letterjacket Boy? DOUBLE COME ON!

Edited by WileyCoyote, Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:47 PM.

chihuhua mama

chihuhua mama

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

Wiley-

Are you saying that Erin should have made it to the next round?

Just finished re-watching the blind auditions. I'm sad that Anthony Evans and Geoff MacBride are not still in the competition. They would have rounded out Christina's current team nicely.

Jesse Campbell is the singer to beat, IMO. As much as I love Chris Mann, I think this is Jesse's game to lose. Chris and Jesse both bring chills to me when I hear them sing. Had Anthony and Geoff made it to this stage, I'd lose my mind.

Edited by chihuhua mama, Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:47 PM.

selkie

selkie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Pip at least was really good in his initial audition. James, I'll never get.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Are you saying that Erin should have made it to the next round?

I should have said "even THOUGH Erin got rightly dumped". I meant "if" the same way in that sentence, but it didn't communicate properly.

Really the main point remains. Big Ears and Pipsqueak are pathetic, Jamar is an okay singer but painful to watch in any talking segment, and Mickey Mouse Lucca is mediocre. Really, these two coaches teams come down to Juliet and Mathai, and that's just sad that 66% of each of those teams suck.

patchwork555

patchwork555

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

I will never understand why Adam told Whitney she could win this whole thing, then picked Kim and allowed her to perform the worst possible song choice ever. No one can cover Adele, so Rolling in the Deep, the song she sang as a kinda comeback to her surgery was even considered? It's like trying to cover Billie H.

Chris Mann sounded like he was an Italian opera singer trying to sing in English. That fake Italian accent was extremely annoying. He is no Andrea B.

Lulah

Lulah

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

I was waiting to find out just how much I could possibly hate Erin, and then she went and did that interview. Though I wonder if she is for real. Maybe she's one of those annoying reality show evil geniuses that don't care whether America loves or hates her, as long as they call her. I hate those types, but you have to admit there's a market for them.

LucyJJane

LucyJJane

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

His ex-girlfriend's loss will be another woman's gain.

MINE!!! (Ha! Not really, but a girl can dream...)

God, right? I would fucking ruin that boy.

And maybe he assumed that being a decent guy who tried his best would be enough to prevent people from saying nasty things about him.

And it must be an extra-hard slap in the face that fucking Erin, who he stuck his neck out for even after everyone disagreed with him, is going and throwing him under the bus now. Ceelo really took a chance with her, and I think he was as honest and genuine as can be when he said he felt like he could do more with her voice. He really tried with her and now the little egomaniac is saying all this shit about him, I'd be pissed and over it, too. She's the type who would make any dedicated professional exhausted by her self-absorbedness.

emziez

emziez

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

I really like watching the little after show segments and group talks they have on NBC's site. I will say it's worth noting that even if Jesse C is the "one to beat", his ego is as well. When team Xtina was chatting with Milian after the show this week, his attitude was completely gross and off putting, it even seemed like it was alienating his equally talented teammates. He believes the hype he is the one to beat and confidence is fine, but he just seems like a completely arrogant asshole. I have no problem with him being the frontrunner but it's definitely gotten to his head.

For me attitude and personality/likeability are a major factor in voting, paired with awesome vocals. It's why I favor Jamar so heavily. I also like Katrina and Erin W very much for this reason. I wasn't going to throw Jesse a bone to begin with but if he keeps that shit up it will be somewhat alienating.

It's funny because my initial opinions of Jermaine P and Chris Mann were that they were intense and cocky, but they've definitely become a lot more enjoyable and personable since their first auditions. It's easy to misinterpret someone's intensity for arrogance.

I hope Cee-Lo doesn't quit. I really love him, quirks and all. And I don't think saving Chessa was especially "wrong", I just would've traded in Massone for Tony V who I don't even like to make it an even four. Erin is so fucking delusional. Girl, AMERICA didn't fall in love with you, I'm not fully convinced your own county did. Praise Cee-Lo for sparing our earbuds the massacre that would've been a Billie Holiday cover. I can't. He didn't bus you, you Greyhounded yourself Erin from the moment you sang Hey There Delilah.

LivenLetLive

LivenLetLive

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:30 AM

Jamar is an okay singer but painful to watch in any talking segment

I blame the show for encouraging Jamar to say all that stuff, but damn, the guy is just so grateful to be on the show, I sort of dig that although I could also do without all the motivational crap. I think that Jamar is way more than OK as a singer--I like rock, and the dude can tear it up, so he is my pick this year despite the cringe inducing interviews.

escapingreality

escapingreality

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

Pipsqueak and Tony Lucca going through? Come on, America. They had the best STORIES, not the best performances

A lot of people like their voices. I LOVED both of their Blind Auditions and really liked both of their Battle Rounds too. They were 2 of my absolute faves. I think they had lousy song choices for their last songs. I'm not saying they should win (I know they certainly won't), but everyone has different tastes. I personally love both of their voices. And I don't pay attention to the stories, I fast forward through most of that, so I'm definitely not going by their stories.

Everyone likes different things. I personally can't stand R&B or Soul music, or Opera or Classical...so obviously Chris Mann, Kim Yarbrough, etc. aren't getting my votes. I mean I can appreciate their skill and why other people with different tastes would vote for them, but it doesnt' mean I'm going to. Why wouldn't I vote for what *I* like? Now intellectually I can see that the winner will most likely be someone like Jesse, Juliet, Jamar...but if their singing isn't my thing I'm still not throwing a vote their way. I'll vote for who I like not for who I think everyone else will.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:00 AM

For me Tony L is the type of music I have already bought, although in his own style. Pip's blind audition was in my top three and if he can find a non-broadway sound, I could see buying his music, along with Lindsay. It's not about power or opera singers for me.

I think Cee-lo rally screwed up in the battle rounds in who he paired off. The Shields Brothers shouldn't have been against Erin because neither should have made it to the live shows. Sara deserved to make it, so she should never have been put with Juliet. Sandwich boy should have made it farther. It was too soon to be worrying about splitting votes, because now heartthrob James may make it in to Cee-lo's top two and I'll have to giggle that his plan backfired. Now they are coming to a point where there is 4 and then maybe 3 or 2, it isn't going to matter who wins. They'll all get to tour and so many of them already have fans and have done small tours with Alicia Keys, Sara Bareilles, or American Idiot on Broadway.

That recognition is just as important.

Everyone likes different things. I personally can't stand R&B or Soul music, or Opera or Classical...so obviously Chris Mann, Kim Yarbrough, etc. aren't getting my votes. I mean I can appreciate their skill and why other people with different tastes would vote for them, but it doesnt' mean I'm going to. Why wouldn't I vote for what *I* like? Now intellectually I can see that the winner will most likely be someone like Jesse, Juliet, Jamar...but if their singing isn't my thing I'm still not throwing a vote their way. I'll vote for who I like not for who I think everyone else will.

This is how I feel, although I do like Jesse when he isn't ruining a classic (like WAWW) and Lindsay is able to put her own spin on things. Besides being a huge M5 fan, what I appreciate about Adam and his mentors is that they also like to have the song sung simply without going overboard and throwing in runs. That is what I like. I appreciate that about him and that is the style I like. It's not that I'm not down for a new arrangement here and there but the melody should stay true to the song.

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

An awesome replacement would be Pink. That lady would scare the living shit out of the rest of the coaches. Pink would take no prisoners and be blatantly honest.

Over Christina's dead body. :p

They have a professional rivalry (well, Pink does anyway since they did Lady Marmalade and thinks Christina stole Linda Perry from her).

If they had to find a replacement, maybe someone like Usher would be a good fit. He has a beautiful voice when he isn't focusing on his standout dancing, and he's getting up there in age. And he's a person of colour and fits into the urban category but in a more straight way than Cee-Lo.

Edited by anonymiss, Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:50 AM.

Pico

Pico

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:44 AM

No one could replace ceelo, he's one of a kind. You take away any of the judges (including Blake who bores me) you screw up the dynamic of the show.

Alot of people see Pip in the finals, I'm not one of them. It was kinda obvious that he was disappointed that Pip made it through the audience vote. It depends on who the vote in candidate is. If it's Mathai, Tony is his definite save, if it's Tony then he will save either katrina or Mathai. Leaning towards Mathai.

I wouldn't worry too much about James getting more votes then either Jamar or Juliet much less both. He might have the bopper vote, but when has that vote ever affected the winner of a singing comp?

kjett

kjett

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

I don't worry about james getting through. I think he'll end up being the sacrificial lamb; someone who is fun to look at but easy to let go.

And I agree with Pico. It would be hard to replace any of the judges because that would surely change the dynamic.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

I'm bummed that Ceelo may not want to continue on the show, but the guy's gotta do what he must. An awesome replacement would be Pink. That lady would scare the living shit out of the rest of the coaches. Pink would take no prisoners and be blatantly honest. Simply my opinion.

I like that idea! She has musical roots in rock AND r&b, and it would be nice to have another woman on the coaches panel.

If they had to find a replacement, maybe someone like Usher would be a good fit.

I really liked Ne-Yo during the battle rounds, I think he would make a great coach. He will forever be great to me for saying "yeah so you're cute, what else you got?" He seems really invested in the pure integrity of the music and not as likely to be influenced by gratuitous flash, beauty, or perceived edginess.

Edited by OptimisticCynic, Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:55 AM.

rustler

rustler

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

I think it's a pretty sad statement that in all the talk I'm seeing of who is eventually going to win this thing, it's Tony L, Jesse, Jamar who get mentioned the most often with outside chances given to even people like Pip and James and Jermaine... while almost nobody seems to think Juliet or Lindsey has a chance -- even though Juliet's version of "Roxanne" peaked at #20 on the overall iTunes chart (and is still #1 on the Rock chart) and the next closest was Jamar in the high 60s, and Lindsey's version of "Somebody" peaked in the low-mid 20's on iTunes and nobody else in her week really came close either.

Are we all that resigned to the idea that when popular voting is in play it's going to be a guy who wins? I'm afraid I might actually be. And that blows.

ArchaicSmile

ArchaicSmile

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

I would love to see Ne-Yo replace Cee Lo if he decides to leave. But wouldn't it be interesting if they could get Stevie Wonder? The guy is obviously a well established talent who people admire and respect, he continues to work with new and upcoming artists so he's still relevant, and he has decades of experience in the music industry.

I would also love, love, LOVE it if Pink were a judge. But sadly the chances of that happening are probably slim to none. :(

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

Sharing is caring, agentAA08. I'm willing to let you have Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, while I get Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays and he can rest on Sundays. :)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please let me have Sundays. I swear I could be done with him by about 7:00 p.m. and he can rest then.

LMAO!!! Since you asked so calmly, I'm inclined to oblige ;-) I'll even throw in some holidays for you like Easter. And President's Day.

Poor Adam - being pimped out via TWoP.

I think it's a pretty sad statement that in all the talk I'm seeing of who is eventually going to win this thing, it's Tony L, Jesse, Jamar who get mentioned the most often with outside chances given to even people like Pip and James and Jermaine... while almost nobody seems to think Juliet or Lindsey has a chance

Personally, I think either Jamar or Lindsey will win this. The only way I could see Tony winning is if all 545,000 of his Twitter followers each cast a vote through every method of voting every week and I'm not sure they would. Tony's good (outside of this show), but he's not one of the more dynamic performers on this season.

If they had to find a replacement, maybe someone like Usher would be a good fit. He has a beautiful voice when he isn't focusing on his standout dancing, and he's getting up there in age. And he's a person of colour and fits into the urban category but in a more straight way than Cee-Lo.

I would go with Usher, too, if only to see him randomly hop onstage and rip his clothes off (does the man even own shirts?). If I have to sit through horrendous and/or boring performances, I should at least get some compensation for it. Plus, it would give Blake a heart attack, lol.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

Well, he has to repay me somehow for watching him in the next season of "American Horror Story," something I wouldn't even do for Connie F'n Britton. I know I'm going to get burned by a Ryan Murphy show, so at least this would ease some of the comfort ;).

In all seriousness, the guy is better off - if it went down like it's being reported, he needs someone supportive and isn't so immature as to release news of the split so that it "doesn't appear he broke up with her" but apparently is so mature to be ready for marriage. Adam, it might not seem like it now, but you dodged a bullet. Her looks will fade without the expensive plastic surgery you'll have to pay for, and it doesn't seem like she has much personality.

That said, one part of the video interview I liked was when he answered the question about what is the great thing about being on The Voice. He said he finally felt he had a voice outside of being perceived as a "bimbo." (The interviewer, then changed it to "himbo.") Two things: I loved that he uses that word gender neutrally, and also - I know many commented here that they perceived Adam as a douche before the show. He's well aware of this, and I think he appreciates being taken more seriously. So there's two possibilities, he was either misjudged entirely before the show (which I think is highly likely), or he took the opportunity to mature and show a different side of himself. Either way, he's won my respect.

Just found this. Aside from his questionable taste in sweaters, Adam cracks me up:
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Oh, Cee-Lo, why do you speak?
http://www.blinkx.co...hds8jL_SgCnWm9Q

Edited by OptimisticCynic, Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

Dammit! There was an Adam time share being arranged and I missed out??

Judging by the fact that it seems Cee Lo took down a lot of the tweets that seemed the most "Fuck it, I'm done with this shit," I think he was just having a self-indulgent moment over all the shit he's getting (from what I saw, even the Shields Brothers were giving him shit because they still can't believe he kept Erin over them), and he had the moment and got over it. I can't say I blame him, because it can't be easy to be in the public eye and especially to be one of the people who is a visible target for "I can't believe so and so didn't make it through!" like that. And with the immediacy of Twitter, immediate reactions like that get out there, and then he thinks better of it. I think, overall, he still really enjoys this job.

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

Well, he has to repay me somehow for watching him in the next season of "American Horror Story," something I wouldn't even do for Connie F'n Britton. I know I'm going to get burned by a Ryan Murphy show, so at least this would ease some of the comfort ;).

I'm right there with you, minus the whole watching for Adam thing. I love him, but even his hotness can't make me sit through another RM creation (that man's burned me 3 times now and I just have to end this abusive cycle).

That said, one part of the video interview I liked was when he answered the question about what is the great thing about being on The Voice. He said he finally felt he had a voice outside of being perceived as a "bimbo." (The interviewer, then changed it to "himbo.") Two things: I loved that he uses that word gender neutrally, and also - I know many commented here that they perceived Adam as a douche before the show. He's well aware of this, and I think he appreciates being taken more seriously. So there's two possibilities, he was either misjudged entirely before the show (which I think is highly likely), or he took the opportunity to mature and show a different side of himself. Either way, he's won my respect.

I'm gonna go with option B. I think he was really douchey before this show (he broke up with Jessica Simpson via text message, though I can't really judge since I once dumped a guy via AIM), but now that he's getting older, he may just be tired of being incredibly insipid. I too like this new and improved Adam Levine. He seems really focused on trying to help these people on this show to varying success and I love the fact that he just genuinely digs music.

Dammit! There was an Adam time share being arranged and I missed out??

There are still some holidays left so don't panic! How does Cinco De Mayo sound?

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

They have a professional rivalry (well, Pink does anyway since they did Lady Marmalade and thinks Christina stole Linda Perry from her).

I know she's not a "relevant" artist, but Linda Perry would get my vote for Cee Lo's replacement. She would be amazing.

I even thought she was worse than Erin; her enunciation is just as bad ("All PIE My SHRELF! All PIE My SHRELF!!) and all she is is loud.

Yeah. As much as I liked Allison Iraheta when she was on AI, she did this same thing, and it bugged me to no end. It's just a bad habit some singers get into, and it really stands out with Cheesa.

I had never heard "Somebody That I Used To Know" until Lindsay sang it on this show (I'm a metalhead! Don't hurt me!), and that plus it being on AI this week made me look up the original. My thought? I liked it better when the singer called himself Peter Gabriel. The lyrics are fine, but the arrangement and style are totally contrived. I guess everything old is new and sounds original when the first artist hasn't been popular for 20 years.

Edited by Nutjob, Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:14 AM.

sweetcookieface

sweetcookieface

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I will say that one thing I'm enjoying this season is the unpredictability. A lot of the people I had pegged as early frontrunners -- largely because they got 3 or 4-chair turnarounds - are gone: Charlotte Sometimes, Whitney, Angel Taylor, Jamie Lono (sniff). By contrast, some of the remaining contenders are people who flew under the radar, e.g., people like Katrina, who only had one chair turn around, or Ashley, whose audition wasn't even shown.