The Voice

• Please log in to reply

18050 replies to this topic

reed83

reed83

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

I really like Tony Lucca. I think he has a great voice. I do agree the song was underwhelming at best. And Christina is certainly entitled to her opinion but she took it too far. She sounded petty and jealous when referencing Tony's celebrity support. I am sure when Christina started out, she benefited from fans recognizing her from the MMC. It seemed very personal and very uncomfortable. She didn't call out Miranda Lambert's tweets or Billy Joe's tweets. And I am sure she hopes fans of hers vote for her team members solely because of her association with them.
I am not a fan of Jamar at all. I cannot stand when people stick their tongues out 83 times while performing. It annoys the crap out of me. I think his voice is totally average.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

I am still watching but I noticed with Erin, she seemed to actually be embarrassed while performing. Maybe she realizes she shouldn't be there.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

I don't mind constructive criticism, but I thought most of what Christina said to Tony was below the belt, and came off as a personal attack. I actually thought I had missed something that might have happened between the two of them that caused her to be so nasty. She just came off as very catty and unprofessional.

This. It came off catty rather than constructive, and really put me off. I'm not even that high on Tony L., but it almost seemed like Christina was intentionally trying to torpedo him.

On another note about Tony L., I finally figured out who he looks like, which has been driving me nuts. If you took a young Lindsay Buckingham and mashed him together with Josh Lucas, you would have Tony Lucca.

I liked Juliet's vocal the best, and Jamar's performance the best.

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

What she said to Tony was petty. A lot of these contestants have followings and it's not his fault if some of his are famous. I always remember a story Christina told about waiting tables in NY after MMC was canceled on Justin when he was in Nsync and she hadn't made it yet. She said she was so embarrassed yet from what I hear Tony has stayed actual friends with JT and that other guy from Nsync that was on MMC. The only reason Justin and Christina know each other are as colleagues. That makes it feel personal to me, like it bothers her that they stayed friends.

In what interview was this? Because Christina was 13-14 when that show ended and then went back home to Pittsburgh when MMC ended. (I'm a Christina super fan so I've read every interview, watched every Behind The Music style documentary on her and have never seen that, but it's possible I missed something. And the other MMC-er was JC Chasez from *NSYNC). And Justin was a guest at Christina's wedding and has gone on tour with her so this whole jealousy thing doesn't jive with me. She's closer to JT than Tony is, trust.

The JT endorsement may not seem like a big deal, but if I were her, it would be a big deal to me. I'm not saying Tony Lucca isn't talented, because clearly he is in his own right; and even though I hate to to admit it, I think I would peeved if someone I knew in the very distant past was getting votes simply by association with me.

But who said Tony was getting votes because of Christina? Theoretically, if someone's going to vote on singers based on their love of Christina, it would stand to reason that they'd vote for her own team members, not someone on Adam's team. I didn't take Christina's comment to Tony about having her and JT behind him as her saying that he was riding their coattails, but that those two were rooting for him to do well on the show because of their shared history. I could see this being the case because the night of the battle round between Tony and Chris when Chris was clearly better than Tony, she reluctantly threw her support behind Tony. I always thought she didn't want to be the one to tell him anything negative because it was bad enough she didn't remember him so she didn't want to heap criticism on top of that. But then JT tweeted in support of him and Tony turned in yet another lackluster performance and Christina got annoyed that he'll potentially make it to the next round over other singers on his team (*coughKatrinacough*) who have performed better than he has. But Christina's not the most articulate individual when put on the spot so her comment came out much harsher than intended. I agreed with the sentiment behind what she said - no one should be skating through this competition with the help of celeb endorsements when they either flat out suck or turn in tepid performances, but during Tony's critique wasn't the time to point that out because she made everyone super uncomfortable (especially Tony) and she didn't have to. All she had to say was, "I was rooting for you and you haven't lived up to the expectations I have of you based on what I've seen you do in the past and what you do outside this show" and then had her celeb endorsement soap box moment towards the end of the show.

That said, if Tony survives past this week, he really needs to stop listening to Adam in terms of song choice. Tony needs to treat this show like an extended audition and you would never go to an audition and let someone else dictate how you perform. If the person running the audition (in this case, Adam) decides you must sing X song, and you realize X song doesn't fit your range, then it's your job as the performer to turn to the accompanist (in this case, the house band) and arrange the song so that it does fit in your range. Tony should have brought the key down and went acoustic on his number because that's what he does best. He's not an anthemic singer like a Steven Tyler or Robert Plant, he's more James Taylor than anything and should perform accordingly. Or if he really liked the beat of the song and didn't want to change the melody too much, then he could've just used the baseline. This is my long winded way of saying, Tony is old enough to not go along blindly with whatever his coach is telling him. He needs to take control over how he's being presented because so far, Adam hasn't been doing a very good job of showcasing Tony's strengths as a singer and that's what Tony should be doing right now - emphasizing the positives of his (limited) range/tone, and minimizing the negatives.

Edited by QueenCharisma, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

sandlikeashes

sandlikeashes

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

I was hoping someone was able to do a Smashing Pumpkins song, but Tonight, Tonight was not that good. Than again Adams's Team was bleh. Cannot tell who is moving on for him because they all just run together. Loved Karla, Ms Parker and Kim. But the boys have the ladies fan, so its up in the air.

reed83

reed83

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

QueenCharisma

I was wondering about that interview too. I remember seeing a show on the MMC and a cast member named Lindsey Alley told that exact story so maybe the original poster just made a mistake remembering.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

The JT endorsement may not seem like a big deal, but if I were her, it would be a big deal to me. I'm not saying Tony Lucca isn't talented, because clearly he is in his own right; and even though I hate to to admit it, I think I would peeved if someone I knew in the very distant past was getting votes simply by association with me.

How is it any bigger a deal than Miranda Lambert or Billie Joe? They are both HUGE in their own respective fields. She made it something by calling it out.

In what interview was this? Because Christina was 13-14 when that show ended and then went back home to Pittsburgh when MMC ended. (I'm a Christina super fan so I've read every interview, watched every Behind The Music style documentary on her and have never seen that, but it's possible I missed something. And the other MMC-er was JC Chasez from *NSYNC). And Justin was a guest at Christina's wedding and has gone on tour with her so this whole jealousy thing doesn't jive with me. She's closer to JT than Tony is, trust.

I seriously couldn't tell you the name of an interview I read years and years ago. If I'm mistaken, my bad. However your trust, is about as reliable as that article from years ago as neither of us know them.

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

I seriously couldn't tell you the name of an interview I read years and years ago. If I'm mistaken, my bad. However your trust, is about as reliable as that article from years ago as neither of us know them.

True, but I've seen enough interviews/red carpets moment with JT and Christina to know how close they are and also know Tony through a musician friend of mine from Philly (though we're not having sleepovers and braiding each other's hair) so take that as being as reliable as you wish ;-)

Edited again to add:

I, too, thought it was sweet that Justin tweeted in support of Tony. I'm not on Twitter so I had no idea he'd done that, but it's cool. They were castmates almost 20 years ago so I wouldn't expect Justin to even remember who this guy is (JC, on the other hand, probably would have and I'm wondering if he's tweeted anything in support of his former duet partner).

Edited by QueenCharisma, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:59 AM.

Ehyeh

Ehyeh

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

I have tried watching the last few weeks and I find myself bored. I think the problem, for me, is that I don't feel any connection with the contestants. Idol and X-Factor have the various audition rounds like the like which give me some time to hear the various folks voices and watch how they deal with the various twists that they are thrown. Yes, they over emphasis some contestants and I get tired of the sob stories but The Voice hasn't exactly avoided that problem.

If we are talking about the Idol days of the old, I might have agreed with you. The many twists that the current AI are throwing out right now killed any goodwill that I had once for that show. Connecting to the contestants outside of their performances no longer holds weight for me. Most of the recent contestants in AI are boring personalities and most are likely to fade into oblivion anyway after the show.

When I watch these type of shows, I prefer that these contestants just entertain me through their performances regardless if it's good or a trainwreck. The extremes are more compelling than the safe and boring middle-ground. I prefer the drama to be left up to the coaches to handle.

Kai

Kai

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

Move along.

Edited by Kai, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:20 AM.

cheetahchirps

cheetahchirps

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

her legs looked...thick. I don't know what it was - maybe she was wearing heavy flesh-colored tights or something? I don't know, they looked like prosthetic legs and it was disturbing me.

I thought the same thing, and her complexion looked mottled. She lost all her sex appeal with that stupid wig and looked like knowing about the poor response to her has rattled her. And she should never have attempted the Susana Hoffs sidelong glance. Still a laughing stock.

I loved Juliet, but the bangs comments are true. With that long nose she resembles the very old school comedienne Patti Deutsch. At least she doesn't sound like her. Jamar didn't disappoint like the Tonys did, and Mathai and Cheesa were ok, but everybody else was underwhelming. Kim committed suicide with her song choice.

I still like Pip. *little voice*
Speaking of which, they should make a sequel to "Little Voice"-featuring James. I don't get it.

Edited by cheetahchirps, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:32 AM.

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

Now that I have time to do a full review, here goes:

Team Adam

Overall, a boring mess. Not one person stood out as being particularly interesting.

Katrina - has a great voice that's improved a lot from her blind audition (her voice used to break in random places and I didn't hear that last night, but then again, I could barely hear anything over the band). The song choice wasn't the best. She is not a power belter. The sweet spot of her voice is in her lower range so she should sing songs that play to that strength. This song was too big for her, though she did get some pretty runs in there.

I've already talked about Tony so I'll skip him and go to Mathai - she sounded much better here than she has all season. That said, her voice still sounds awful to my ears and I hated that she smiled throughout the entire song. Talk about having no emotional connection to the lyrics you're singing. She looked really pretty though. Now I sound like Paula Abdul.

Pip - also needed a different song. He may be Broadway and have a big range, but he proved with that Killers song his voice isn't meant to do stadium rock, either. Adam should have steered him towards something pop rock, maybe even given him a Maroon 5 song like "Give A Little More", because at least he'd be able to perform it if he couldn't sing it.

Kim - her voice is thin in her upper register so it sounded like she was sharp and nasally throughout the entire song. Not good. I, too, wish this show would put a moratorium on Adele songs not because she's some untouchable singer that no one can ever match, but because people feel the need to try and replicate every run, every frill and they just can't do it. If Kim had made this song a funk song, she may have succeeded. Either way, she's not relevant to what's happening in the current musical landscape so I don't see her lasting long or winning.

Karla - that was the biggest trainwreck of the night. Yes, even bigger than Erin Martin. This girl can't project to save her life, she's breathy and has no idea how to sing from the diaphragm and support, and she's hella awkward onstage. (What was with the squat thrusting she was doing?) She definitely needs to be one of the ones going home tonight.

Team Cee Lo

Juliet
- I hated the unnecessary breaks she was putting into her voice in the beginning of the song, but she really does have a nice tone. She's not touching Janis with a ten foot pole, but she is pretty good and was probably the best vocal of the night. I was hoping she was wearing undies, though, because that dress was awfully short and the crowd was definitely eye level with her girlie parts.

Erin - I heard the first notes of the song, then put my headphones on and started listening to music. She's a crime against music and humanity.

Tony V - I knew last week he was going to sing a Tears for Fears song. All those theater boys just can't help themselves (Adam Lambert doing one on AI). That said, I think his voice is very run of the mill Broadway generic and his performance didn't help. He's like the faux-goth, less talented version of Glambert. And at least Adam was hysterical when singing. This dude is completely humorless and boring.

Jamar - the tone of his voice sounded amazing and I could tell he was singing on key, but the band drowned out all the words to the song so it was hard for me to get into his performance. And this is going to sound terrible, but I really wish he would stop acting as life coach to the audience and just say, "Thanks for the support, I'm going out to win!" and be done with it. His whole speech with Christina Milian just bugged for some reason.

Chessa - I forgot she even performed until I remembered her hideous outfit. She sounded really nice in some spots, a great, husky tone came out, but then she'd start doing all these runs and completely screw it up. She also has very little understanding of dynamics so her performance was very one note.

I don't even remember the last person on his team so whoever it is, that's not looking too good for that person.

ETA: Oh, it was James. I initially liked his voice because he sorta reminds me of Ralph Tresvant, but no. Just no to what he and Cee Lo did to Norah. For that alone, he needs to go home tonight. And take Erin with him.

Edited by QueenCharisma, Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:43 PM.

nannyogg

nannyogg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

Overall I was actually much more entertained this week compared to last week. Not sure if it was better singers or song choices I liked more or what. Personally I liked Katrina a lot - that's how you do a cover song. Do something that's at least a little old & do it very different. I think it was CeeLo who thought she should have imitated Billy Corrigan more, but that's exactly what I don't like. Why be a pale imitation? I think it somehow makes a song better & more timeless when it can be done in different styles & still be good. That was the only song all season I might download.

I will be very upset if James or Erin stay after tonight. She's been a joke since the beginning but James seems to be getting worse. He was flat for whole verses of his song. Wouldn't be surprised to see either Tony leave also. And, even though I've seen every episode this season, when Karla (?) did her song I was like "Who the hell is she? I've never seen her before." She obviously made zero impression on me.

I didn't hate Pip for a change. Liked his parents also wearing bow ties - so cute. I'll be pissed if Juliette or Jamar are in the bottom 6. Otherwise, whatever.

nextian

nextian

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

Well, I found last night really over the top and not necessarily in a good way. I have no idea how the voting will go tonight, because last week was definately not what I expected, well Christina's team was, but not Blake's. My opinons about specific artists pretty much mirror everyone's here, definately thought Juliet and Jamar were the best, but didn't have alot of other strong feelings. My husband doesn't watch the show but was in the room when Christina was critiquing Tony L., and when she got to the MMC/JT stuff he said,"wow,that was nasty." I did think so as well, the stuff about his performance was fine, but when you get into the other stuff, I just think it crossed a line. It's not Tony's fault if JT is tweeting about him (and Adam retweeted that by the way) and if people are voting based on tweets that is not the performers fault. All the judges did seem a bit testy last night: Adam seemed pissed by his team's performances, Christina just seem bored and bitchy, Blake seemed annoyed that carson kept going to him right after every over the top performance, when everyone knows how he feels about that type of staging, and Cee Lo was quick to jump to defend his staging/production and not neccesarily his singers.
I do think what Blake said after Jamar's performance is worth pointing out (it was hard to hear because Cee Lo cut him off). He said that Jamar was so good that having the stilt people on stage was just taking away from how awesome he was. I think that is a valid point, because during many of the big production numbers I was distracted away from the singer, and paying more attention to the staging/dancers/set. The one number I felt that the over the top staging benefited was Cheesa's, because a disco song should be a party atmosphere.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Christina was thoroughly bored throughout the show, playing with her hair, fidgeting in her seat and the high pitched "yeah it was okay, you look beautiful". I guess she was trying to be positive.

And yet she was still about 110% more engaged than Blake. He actually said that "he didn't give a crap" and then acted like he fully meant that. He was annoyed more than once that even had to say anything. If anybody is checked out, it's him.

Even though I do think Christina was harsh with Tony, I still think it was strategic to try to improve the odds of her team. Ceelo even said last night that he was agreeing with pretty much everything she was saying, so I really do find Blake's apathy much worse. I also fully agree with whoever said she is struggling a bit with being the only female in a panel of three bros.

Edited by vb68, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:51 AM.

sofaspud

sofaspud

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

Poor Cheesa - whoever suggested wearing that atrocity to humankind should be fired at the very least. She looked like she shopped for her outfit at KMart in the clearance section.

I loved Juliet and Jamar. Jamar's redemption arc is going to backfire on him sooner or later so I hope he can pull it together and not play it up like the TPTB are encouraging him to.

sandlikeashes

sandlikeashes

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

ETA: Oh, it was James. I initially liked his voice because he sorta reminds me of Ralph Tresvant, but no. Just no to what he and Cee Lo did to Norah. For that alone, he needs to go home tonight. And take Erin with him

All I see is boy band missing three people when James is on stage.

Katrina - has a great voice that's improved a lot from her blind audition (her voice used to break in random places and I didn't hear that last night, but then again, I could barely hear anything over the band). The song choice wasn't the best. She is not a power belter. The sweet spot of her voice is in her lower range so she should sing songs that play to that strength. This song was too big for her, though she did get some pretty runs in there.

I might be by myself on this but I loved the song choice, just not the arrangment. They could have turned it into a jazz type of feel for her instead of going into whatever land that was. That song for me is not really a belting song, just needs rawness. And Billy Corgon has one of those voices that I cannot stand but the dude works its. Really nice to hear some SP on the tube.

I still loved Karla going there with her song, to bad she did not bring Bertha along. I thought she was going to do some rapping the way she was moving her body. I've seen Lana Del Rey do that type of movement too when she does "Off To The Races" which has a fast delievery in some parts. Like Adam said "its in the pocket."

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

I might be by myself on this but I loved the song choice, just not the arrangment.

The song choice would have been fine for me if it was done by somebody else (maybe Pip? you know, since the arrangement was very musical theater). I'm glad we got a Smashing Pumpkins song on this show to give us a break from the songs that have been done to death on every reality singing competion ("Don't Leave Me This Way" for example). And I agree - she probably should have jazzed it up if she was going to do it. But she probably thought doing another ballad would be a bad idea with all of the uptempo numbers going on on her team.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

I like Pip too and thought he did better than a lot of others. I love The Killers and think he probably should have changed the arrangement. It was too much chorus. I generally find Adam to be the best coach but all his song choices baffled me. I thought Tony would have done a better job with Smashing Pumpkins or The Killers. I would like to see Pip, Katrina, Tony and Kim go through. I am not really a fan of Karla and I honestly can't remember who the sixth person was so they must have been forgettable to me.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

I like Pip and find him interesting. He's got more stage charisma than most of the others.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

her Twitter handle is @cheesyfbaby?

Whoa! Really?

I think Blake needs to critque Cee Lo's team members within the realm of what Cee Lo does versus repetatively saying "too much distracting crap for my taste".

In most cases, I thought that he was doing that because he was trying not to have to say anything negative about the performers, who were mostly so disappointing. "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

ArchaicSmile

ArchaicSmile

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

I didn't think it possible, but Cee Lo's horrible song choice and staging actually made me feel sorry for Erin. I also didn't understand the song choice and staging for Tony Vincent, but I'm less inclined to feel sorry for him considering he has a significant amount of stage experience and could have improvised a little.

Speaking of the stage, Pip needs to stick to Broadway and stay as far away from Rock as possible; his voice has too much polish. Plus it didn't help that he was wearing his trademark bow tie with a leather jacket. The whole look was distractingly goofy.

The only two performances I could honestly say that I liked were Juliet and Jamar. The rest of last night's show was either off or just plain forgettable. I have a feeling tonight's show won't be much better.

*sigh* If there is another season of The Voice, I probably won't bother tuning in again. UNLESS....they change the judges. Or go back to the smaller teams of season one.

nannyogg

nannyogg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

I almost feel tempted to buy Juliet's version of Roxanne to figure out what I missed because why her voice was okay (though she squeaks and breaks a lot) but I absolutely HATED HATED that arrangement. It's a personal pet peeve of mine when someone slows a song down. 99% of the time I hate it.

There's a live version of Roxanne that Sting did which go a lot of play way back when that is pretty slow like this, FWIW. I actually used to like that version better than the original single. But then I can remember when the Police were one of the biggest bands on Earth. (So weird to think they're kind of obscure to "kids today")

Chessa totally reminds me of Layla Ali. Anyone else??

I can kind of get switching up a singer's style in that it might add supporters (if done right, of course). I'm not into Pip's hipster, broadway, Glee-schtick much - though I do recognize he has talent. But I love the Killers & thought he did decently ok with that song. I appreciated Adam trying to "dirty" him up a bit, though he kept the bow tie, so he was still himself as well. It drew me in more.

Edited by nannyogg, Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:20 PM.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

I like Pip and find him interesting. He's got more stage charisma than most of the others.

I agree completely! I wish he'd had a better song last night, but I don't put that on him- that's on Adam. Pip's "House of the Rising Sun" is still the only song I've ever downloaded from the show. I hope he make it through tonight.

babyblackcat

babyblackcat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

All I see is boy band missing three people when James is on stage.

Hehe! Add the word "lame" before "boy band" and I'm in total agreement.

I didn't think it possible, but Cee Lo's horrible song choice and staging actually made me feel sorry for Erin.

It was horrible, but...I don't think he can do anything else with her. The parts of the song she sang were very limited vocally, and when they showed the rehearsal footage, I don't even think they showed her singing. I wouldn't be surprised if he thought all he could do is give her something very simple to sing and then make it into a spectacle. She doesn't have a fraction of the talent of anyone else up there.

Interesting:
What I Saw: A rather irked Erin after the show, telling me very bluntly that “I feel like I’m ready to go home tomorrow. I’m over it all. I don’t feel like I’m going in the right direction.” Not that she was blaming her coach but at the same time, even two minutes with Erin makes it very clear that Cee Lo certainly has his work cut out for him if she does survive tomorrow’s voting. Especially if he happens to have read this news first. Awkward….

behind the scenes
To which I say...buh-bye. I have to laugh at her being "over it all" as if the show isn't meeting her expectations, rather than the other way around.

Mrs Bee

Mrs Bee

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

Jamar and Juliet (yes, CeeLo, there is a T at the end of Juliet) were really the only two performances worth anything. Unfortunately, CeeLo let Jamie Lono go, there is no way that he would not have been better than James, Cheesa, Erin and probably even Tony Vincent. Sorry, but I am a bitter about how that went down.

Again, I am unsure of how the songs are being picked, or by whom. It seems like some performers have some input, others it seems like the judges picked. Last night was a whole lotta bad choices, whoever picked. CeeLo did seem to take some responsibility for the TFF song for Tony. Adam did not pick a decent song for any of his folks. The problem is that one bad performance puts these folks on the line, it isn't like other shows where a mediocre performance can keep a person safe this early on. 1/2 of each team is on the line. A single crappy song which does not allow the contestant to shine can torpedo their chances overall.

ArchaicSmile

ArchaicSmile

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

I will be shocked, really shocked, if Erin makes it through to the next round. Actually, I'll probably be a little nauseous, too. But I'll still watch.

QueenCharisma

QueenCharisma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

Unfortunately, CeeLo let Jamie Lono go, there is no way that he would not have been better than James, Cheesa, Erin and probably even Tony Vincent. Sorry, but I am a bitter about how that went down.

You and me both. I can only imagine what old song he would've reimagined as an acoustic blues jam and weep for the loss of inventiveness. That's what this season is missing for me - I didn't like Dia's voice at all last season, but at least she was trying new things with her arrangements and trying not to be straight up karaoke. Some of these people aren't even trying to be more than pale imitations of the original IMO.

MV007

MV007

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

Pip was terrible. I think the kid can sing but that was the absolute worst song choice. You can't do a rock song while wearing a bow tie and performing show tunes mannerisms. Simon would have had a field day with that performance.

Speaking of Simon. Hello Christina. That was tremendous stuff from her last night. Even if I find her tastes a little one dimensional, she was firing on all cylinders last night. Finally someone in this group tells it like it is.

Katrina was a total joke. Whoever decided to try and make her look like Adele should be canned. It was almost stalkerish. Right down to the hair, makeup and mannerisms she was copying Adele.

Jamar was fantastic but Blake was right in a way. It wasn't distracting until he decided to run under the legs of the stilts and I was just like WTF is that?

sandlikeashes

sandlikeashes

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

You and me both. I can only imagine what old song he would've reimagined as an acoustic blues jam and weep for the loss of inventiveness. That's what this season is missing for me - I didn't like Dia's voice at all last season, but at least she was trying new things with her arrangements and trying not to be straight up karaoke. Some of these people aren't even trying to be more than pale imitations of the original IMO.

I think that is the reason I more into last weeks show, than this one. Lindsey and Charolette both took their songs to different places. Even if I did not care for the place at lest they went there. Giving the lack of creativity that has been shown so far. I am fearing the original song show more than usually.

Katrina was a total joke. Whoever decided to try and make her look like Adele should be canned. It was almost stalkerish. Right down to the hair, makeup and mannerisms she was copying Adele.

That was bad, she did not look like herself. Hard to find your footing when they are making you someone your not.

Edited by sandlikeashes, Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:24 PM.