Mob Wives

• Please log in to reply

1801 replies to this topic

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

My understanding of the Ramona thing was that Drita said she heard Ramona say it. Not that Ramona said it to her. I took that to mean she was present when Ramona said it. Which makes sense because before the show, the two of them used to have play dates for their kids - according to an interview that Ramona herself gave. And if the timeline is right, these two had their kids playing together BEFORE Karen decided to come back to Staten Island. Which means (In my mind at least) that a lot of the animosity between the two had to do with Karen's re-appearance and the show. I believe the animosity is real, because the two definitely seem to hate each other and I don't think they could fake that - especially Ramona since even her real emotions come across as playing to the camera.

Ramona swore on her kids that she didn't say that TO Drita, and then she swore that she never said it. And again on the after show, when she was calling Drita a liar, she said that she never said it TO Drita because she and Drita don't talk. So, I think that she definitely said that or something very similar, especially since Renee and Drita appear to still be friends.

Plus, Drita recently gave a radio interview where she said that she would give Ramona the benefit of the doubt and believe that she may not remember saying it and that in that moment with Renee being as angry as she was, there was no way Ramona would admit to it anyway. But, she is adamant that Ramona did say it because she was there and heard her say it and that the truth would come out - I assume on the show, but can't be sure of that.

But, that's my take on it. Also, I know that Renee is the type that if she swears on the life of someone in her family, it means she is telling the truth. But, she is also the type to assume that everyone is as loyal as she is and that is probably why she immediately flipped and believed Ramona. But, since Ramona only knew her drug dealing boyfriend a few months before moving in with him and her kids, I would think that swearing on her kids lives is simply a figure a speech for her and doesn't have the same depth that it would have for Renee. That sounds awful, but then I think Ramona is awful.

Edited by PaganChick, Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:12 PM.

atlpeach

atlpeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

@PaganChick: What you typed above is what I believe happened. Drita may be quick to anger and violence but not a liar. I find her genuine and although I don't agree with her actions I understand the emotions behind them.

Ramona on other hand is disgusting.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Big Ang will be on Watch What Happens Live on Bravo tonight as a guest along with Ceelo.

Ms Hepburn

Ms Hepburn

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 8:18 AM

Certain aspects of this show are getting very uncomfortable to watch. Seeing Ramona rile Renee up to the point her hands were shaking; not good. I think Renee has serious issues, and they seem like they are getting worse. Ramona taking her young daughter to visit her boyfriend??? in jail?? The man is not even her father, and even if he was, I would not expose e a young child to a jail visit. Yes she wanted to see him. But guess what? Young children don't know what's best for them, that's the parents job.

On the flip side, I love when they show Big Ang and Drita hanging out. That's fun to watch. Carla has really grown on me the last few episodes. Watching the family dinner at the end was especially sweet. She looked tryuly happy, and damn her husband is fine!!

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

I think I'm almost over this show. All they do is get together to talk shit about each other and go to bars.

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

I think Renee has some serious ISSUES that really need to be addressed. Either thru medication or therapy, the girl is just BSC in a lot of ways. She seems completely unstable!
Love Big Ang!

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

Yeah, it's not so much fun to see Renee have a nervous breakdown on the show.

That being said, I have to admit that I laughed my ass off at Ramona's plan backfiring so completely. There she was, riling Renee up, getting her good and mad at that horrible, horrible Drita, Renee finally blows - and it's all Carla's fault! The look on Ramona's face was priceless. I could practically see her mind going "No! That's not in the script! The script is that we all hate Drita, not Carla"! It was pretty awesome.

Drita and Big Ang hanging out doing anything is also fun. But no, with that spray tan, and those bathing suits. Just a whole world of No.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

I would love a show with Big Ang and Drita. I'd rather watch those two hang and have a bunch of fun. Ramona/Karen, I really don't see a difference between the two, being on the show is just disgusting to watch. I hope at least Ramona doesn't come back.

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

Can somebody tell me what a "crumb snatcha" is?

jen5276

jen5276

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

I think I'm almost over this show. All they do is get together to talk shit about each other and go to bars.

I agree with you. And I am from Staten Island and still live there. I hate to say it, but that's what a lot of these SI women are like, it's really not in inaccurate representation of them.

Ms Hepburn

Ms Hepburn

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

Can somebody tell me what a "crumb snatcha" is?

My best way to explain it is someone not invited to or doesn't belong at the "table", so they are relagated to snatching the crumbs that fall off the table. A bottom feeder so to speak.

Lucygirl2

Lucygirl2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

I was about done with the show myself. Big Ang is my only reason for tuning in still, but DAMN Carla's husband is HOT!!!

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Drita and Big Ang are so fun together, love it.

Tired of Ramona. Also, I think Drita got it right when she said Ramona was a spoiled bitch growing up, a princess, not some 'tuff girl' like Ramona grandstands now. Speaking of Ramona...agree, the daughter visiting the boyfriend? odd. I am sorry Melina was even on camera.

I thought AJ's girlfriend was really weird. Maybe it was awkwardness of being on camera but she annoyed me for some reason. She looked like she had the IQ of 30 with her dumb facial expressions. Is she not from SI? She had a strong regional accent but not from NY.

Interrobanging

Interrobanging

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

AJ's girlfriend did speak kinda weirdly but she definitely sounded like the Italian and Albanian girls I went to school with from the Bronx. She sort of seemed to have a more muted version of the LI/BK/SI accent to me. No comment on the rest of these hags.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

Did I hear correctly that Karen said her daughter had a gun pointed at her head by the cops? WTF?

Oh yeah, shut up Ramona and go get a tranquilizer Renee!

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

Did I hear correctly that Karen said her daughter had a gun pointed at her head by the cops? WTF?

Yes, you heard correctly. a real WTF moment! Something about her daughter being there when her ex got arrested.

ToodyWoody

ToodyWoody

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

I saw the previews for next week and all I can say is WOW. Renee truly needs to take some more pills or something because she should be used to her family going to jail by now and not be freaking out about it. I mean come on Renee, your dad and husband are in the mob and break the law and you are not a little girl anymore, you shouldn't be acting that surprised and that freaked out about it.

Girl needs some serious head work done on herself.

hippobean

hippobean

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

I'd be willing to bet that Karen is exaggerating quite a bit about the whole 'daughter w/ gun to her head' claim. If she was in the room when the ex was being arrested, I can see a gun being drawn and maybe even in her general direction, but I highly, highly doubt that an officer was going to put a gun to the head of a little girl ... Karena would have been how young when her papa went to jail, she's only what 11 or 12 now, and papa has already been released from jail how long, I don't see any cop holding a gun to a little girl's head. Sorry, just don't buy it. I think it's Karen's drama/over-stating what really happened. I have a hard time taking anything that comes from Karen's mouth as being true though, so maybe I am just bias.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

I just saw the preview for next week's show. WHAT THE HELL! I have long thought Renee insane, but wavered, because I sometimes found her likable. That little sneak peak confirmed that she has some very setups mental health issues that need to be addressed immediately. She needs medication and possibly to be committed. That reaction is not normal again, and a sane person doesn't fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. Yokes.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

I think she was committed after the whole Junior turning and ratting out her father, wasn't she? I know she was in the hospital for a while and I'm guessing it was for mental help WRT everything that goes down next week.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

Yeah; I find Renee a drama queen and unstable for slight bullshit events but, IMO, the double whammy next week wasn't out of reason. The previews for the next ep show her finding Junior's note. IIRC, Junior wrote her a letter to say he was turning himself in and Renee always said that in the past she would know and they said their goodbyes in person. Here she was upset he punked out instead. 'Coincidentally' the same day Renee's dad was taken away by US Marshalls and then Renee discovered it was Junior who caused it. I might have had a breakdown too. Renee needs help, that's for sure, but I feel sorry for her that she was so blinded by Junior's "return" when we'll see where his motives actually came from.

Edited by diorella78, Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:01 AM.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

You know, at times I feel bad for her too. She is so entrenched in this lifestyle, and it really is a shame. It's like she doesn't realize how destructive it has been to her; she seems to be toeing the party line, despite being devastated by it repeatedly. Old habits, I suppose. I wish she would find her way out of that mindset. At times, she seems so silly and fun, at least to me.

hippobean

hippobean

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

Renee seems to thrive on the drama, there are times when she could simply avoid topics/situations, but she hunts them down and picks until things explode (kind of like her pot-stirring with the other women). Definitely needs therapy, imo. I used to feel sorry for her, until I noticed she seems to seek this stuff out. Granted, the whole Junior betrayal was out of her control in that she didn't ask him to betray her, but then again, she knew he was cheating, he had a child with another woman while they were together, etc, so it is really no shock that he betrayed her this time either; it's not as though he gave any indication that he had changed his ways, as is evident by her continuing to get calls from his current girl, etc. While the situation is pretty bad, she's far from (at least in my opinion) being an innocent victim in all of this, she's what..42.. old enough to know better, and accept that bad decisions lead to this sort of thing.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

Renee seems to thrive on the drama, there are times when she could simply avoid topics/situations, but she hunts them down and picks until things explode (kind of like her pot-stirring with the other women). Definitely needs therapy, imo. I used to feel sorry for her, until I noticed she seems to seek this stuff out. Granted, the whole Junior betrayal was out of her control in that she didn't ask him to betray her, but then again, she knew he was cheating, he had a child with another woman while they were together, etc, so it is really no shock that he betrayed her this time either; it's not as though he gave any indication that he had changed his ways, as is evident by her continuing to get calls from his current girl, etc. While the situation is pretty bad, she's far from (at least in my opinion) being an innocent victim in all of this, she's what..42.. old enough to know better, and accept that bad decisions lead to this sort of thing.

I agree with this 100%! I don't think she is innocent at all. She seeks out any chance to go off, like when men are hitting on anyone but her. I just feel bad that she is a grown woman that deals with whatever drama that arises like a 4 year old. I guess my feeling sorry for her is due to knowing that no one is that angry for no reason. I think her issues are painful and a lot deeper than we know.
On a different note, I love Drita. She at least seems to realize she handles things poorly. I think she has some degree of self-awareness.

Edited by cwreality, Mar 24, 2012 @ 4:44 PM.

randomhero

randomhero

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

i swear those people need to be committed to the Hospital of "Our Lady of Overly Dramatics" esp Renee

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Just an editing note....they make it seem Renee starts calling people about Junior right after finding the note. That morning she has black polish on....then all the scenes of "later that day calling" she has red polish on. Wonder how the timeline actually went down, I doubt she changed her polish so quickly. ;-)

ETA: re: this episode? that shit was bananas.

poor, poor AJ.....

Edited by diorella78, Mar 25, 2012 @ 7:59 PM.

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I really don't think Renee was being a drama queen. The way Junior left was just f*&ked up and dead wrong. You just leave and dont' say anything to your girl or your son? That is ultra cowardly. I can't respect that at all.

Watching Renee from last season to this episode....it's not even funny. She is in serious need of medical attention and deep therapy. I don't want to sound morbid but I sometimes wonder if we're gonna wake up one morning and read of her taking herself out on pills or something. She is completely unstable. She has the shakes, smokes like a chimney, has violent mood swings, she really needs help. I get why many folks on the board think she's just full of drama because I did too for a long time but this episode and watching her dealings with Junior has changed my perception of her. Yes she IS a drama queen but it's deep than that. She really needs help. It's disturbing to watch honestly. She's slipping deeper into this abyss and we're watching it for entertainment. I'm guilty too but man...it's not good to see.

AJ is completely burned out of Renee's mood swings and drama. He loves his mother but hates being around her. Like I've said previously, God knows what he's had to deal with in his young life. Having her as a mother must be a constant drain.

Drita punching guys in the club? Uh, that's not the way to get a man baby. WHy do you need to beat on the guy you're dating?

Carla is damn good looking. That is all.

GenY

GenY

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Carla and her (ex) husband make such a gorgeous couple.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

They do, and they are such a contrast to Junior and Renee. Junior always seemed repulsed by Renee, never happy around her. Joe's eyes, instead, light up around Carla and the kids, not to mention Carla smiling and coming alive.

I really don't think Renee was being a drama queen. The way Junior left was just f*&ked up and dead wrong. You just leave and dont' say anything to your girl or your son? That is ultra cowardly. I can't respect that at all.

Watching Renee from last season to this episode....it's not even funny. She is in serious need of medical attention and deep therapy

ITA. I'd probably have the same reaction. Interesting scene with the woman from the jail saying she could 'see' Junior (and calling him by name, too) but she couldn't reveal anything. WP here he comes....
I'm (almost) ashamed to say I can't wait for next week's 'big reveal' about Junior.

I almost forgot....I 'LOL'd' at the dinner convo between Big Ang, Karen and Ramona when Big Ang was going on about how much her uncle Sally Dogs respected and liked Sammy the Bull and then, catching herself in an afterthought turned to Ramona with "and your grandfather too." I also notice Karen REALLY has a chip on her shoulder about the "Feds"....good on Renee for telling it straight.

Edited by diorella78, Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:22 PM.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

They are a great looking family. Their kids are adorable too.

I feel really bad for Renee. I cannot imagine how she must feel having her husband turn on her and her family like that. ITA that she needs a medical intervention. Soon.